Enjoying a Silver Night with Dreams of a Green Morning - Ember | K'rios

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat May 11, 2019 8:54 pm

So lost in K'rios's company as the music washed over them, Solai entirely missed the trickle of Iktomith's words into his rider's mind. Only K'rios did her attentions feast upon, from the beauty of his smile, to the feel of his hand wrap firm around her, pulling their forms flush together in a whirl.

She gasped from heat of his enveloping embrace. The warmth of it flooding her, causing her lips to burn red with want.

"Will you love me today?"

Scarlet lips parted into a dimpled grin. "Of course," the greenrider answered with a song in her sultry voice.

"Will you love me tomorrow?"

The remark spurred a jocular reply, but before Solai could utter the tease, the gentle touch of K'rios's hand reached her cheek. It silenced her, leaving her entranced by her lover as the music faded to nothing around them. Every pull, every brush, every peak of his lips, Solai answered with a clenched moan.

"Will you love me forever?"

"Yes," was her breathy reply. Her hold upon him tightened, while the hand that cupped her cheek soon found itself cupped by her own lithe fingers. And when he taunted her with the chance of a kiss? Lips chased after his, as they recalled all those moments the promise of a kiss were fulfilled by the pewterrider. Would he dare here of all places for all the world to see? After several counts of the song that continued to sing about them, she managed to regain enough of herself to speak with a touch of her former wit. "This is hardly fair. I thought I was supposed to leave you breathless. Not the other way around."

A finger lifted up to run across his lips in temptation. She needed him.

But they would have to wait, for the music still beckoned them, and with a change in the chords, Solai slipped out of K'rios's arms, only to dance playfully around him, skip by skip, twirl by twirl. Solai laughed all the while, adding her jovial notes to the song that swelled around them. It gave her a chance to tease K'rios in turn, brushing fingers temptingly along his flank, running nails down the burgundy fabrics that clad his back. And then she returned to his arms at the close of the song with the laughter and love lit in her eyes for him.

Once the last notes faded, the gather answered with an uproarious applause. Yet while Solai added her claps with the cheers of the crowd, her eyes remained for solely for K'rios. She neared him as the applause settled. "I do believe it's your turn to pick an activity for the evening."
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 pm

"I do believe it's your turn to pick an activity for the evening."

The evening had been glorious, and was no where near finished. They both had appearances to make, friends to visit with, and there were still activities to present themselves upon. It would be nice to retire, to pull her temptingly into his arms and whisper sweet words of encouragement into her ear, but he knew better than to do that. And yet... and yet... he still hooked an arm around her waist, and he still drew her close to him, twirling about as a fresh twang of music filled the air and he started to sweep her across the floor in a new, slow dance. "Perhaps I wish to corrupt the rest of your time for the night." He started rather bravely, without shame. "Or maybe I'll surprise you, my love, and behave like a good, proper gentleman." He let go and bowed, took her hand, kissed it, swung her back in his arms and winked.

He ignored the snort in his head that came from his dragon, who doubted he would be capable of proper behavior with her. "In private, you bastard." He groused under his breath, to which Solai would surely understand. With a roll of his eyes, he set his lips to her jawline and sighed. "I'll behave. Another dance, just one more, and then whether or not I must continue to behave will rest in your hands my love." There, he could do that. Behave for a singular dance, offer her the chance to seal his fate or not, and if he succeeded, maybe he would get plenty of kisses in reward - or maybe she'd turn around and tell him he could react however he wanted. Either way, it would be a win for him in his opinion; he'd be with his lady, and she'd be with him. A grand evening indeed!

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 pm

It seemed the next song to spark was enough to inspire the pewterrider. Following the lulling count of the slow dance, Solai found herself drawn back into K'rios's arms. It was a safe place to be, one she prayed she would never have to leave.

"Perhaps I wish to corrupt the rest of your time for the night."

"Corrupt? It's a little late for that," she chuckled back, though solely in jest. If K'rios truly believed he could corrupt her more so than she already was, Solai looked forward to seeing him face the challenge.

"Or maybe I'll surprise you, my love, and behave like a good, proper gentleman."

Quietly, Solai found herself preferring the latter, especially with the words that followed. With the things she had in mind, while she certainly enjoyed deviance from time to time, tonight was not about that. Tonight was about an expression love and devotion that went deeper than simple enjoyment. Rather than enjoy a satisfaction of the body, Solai sought a fulfilment of the soul, one that would leave them in breathless awe.

"In private, you bastard."

A chuckle escaped her before she leaned in to kiss the curve of his neck and nuzzle close.

"I'll behave. Another dance, just one more, and then whether or not I must continue to behave will rest in your hands my love."

Already that dance began to sweep them away. Her arms folded around his neck as she looked up, her dark green eyes hemming to his blue ones with that fleck of brown. Every brush of their forms, every press, every breath... it heightened Solai to the euphoric desires blooming between them. "I think we both know what we want tonight." Her hand escaped the lose hold about his neck, if only so she could run a finger along his cheek. It was then that she spoke the very consent she knew he hoped to hear, "I trust you, K'rios." Clever fingers slipped to the nape of his neck, ghosting over the fine hairs in a hope to send little shocks of pleasure to crackle down the expanse of his form.
Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 pm

"I think we both know what we want tonight."

He tilted his head towards her and smiled. He loved her, more than he perhaps expressed at times. Though he spoke in flirty tones and suggestive tones, there wasn't a moment when he wouldn't set those things down to truly behave in a manner she deserved. He would never, ever do anything to embarrass her, to make her turn her back upon him because he "couldn't seem to get the hint". He simply seemed to enjoy partaking in that sort of talk with her because of how close they were with one another. No one else was privy to such suggested words; only she would ever hear him whisper such things, only she would hear him say how eager he was to be alone with her.

"Oh, I know what I want, my love, and I'm sure I can guess what it is you're after as well." He spun her around and caught her up in his arms with a smile on his face. "But as I promised, I am to behave as a gentleman, a while longer at least, until my lady deems it to be otherwise." There wasn't a touch, not an untoward word otherwise - his hands remained where they belonged, his lips didn't stray or wander. It would seem as though he were going to keep to that promise he was trying to make. "Good things come to good boys after all, do they not?" He winked at that, the only sign of how playful he was attempting to be.

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Fri May 17, 2019 10:43 pm

"Oh, I know what I want, my love, and I'm sure I can guess what it is you're after as well.""

"Maybe," she winked just before she twirled off... only to be caught by him once again. Splayed fingers ran up his arm, back to his shoulder, only to wander back down his chest. While K'rios was keen to behave, Solai was sorely tempted to taunt him mercilessly.

Just how long could the gentleman last?

"But as I promised, I am to behave as a gentleman, a while longer at least, until my lady deems it to be otherwise."

A loving smile escaped her. She wanted to tell him that she trusted him, but she already had but moments earlier. Whatever K'rios revealed to her tonight, and however he chose to reveal it, she knew she would love him for it. No matter what happened, she knew he would not hurt her.

"Good things come to good boys after all, do they not?"

Solai chuckled in turn. Then, ever so slightly, she leaned up to whisper into his ear with a dulcet voice. "Fortune favours the bold, my dear," she murmured. Her nose brushed against arch of his ear. "I know you, K'rios... If I didn't, if I didn't love who you are, then we wouldn't be dancing like this." Her hand found his own, the one that held her politely at her waist, only to guide his fingers slightly lower so that he could brush his palm against her hip.
Ember

Fri May 17, 2019 11:18 pm

. "I know you, K'rios... If I didn't, if I didn't love who you are, then we wouldn't be dancing like this."

He felt the way she lowered his hand and he grinned, knowing his "proper" behavior wasn't going to remain proper for very long at this rate. As it were, he hadn't had much faith in himself - how could he when he had the Weyr's most beautiful woman in his arms - when he had all of Pern's most stunning person to love? He chuckled and gave her hip a squeeze, the first indication that his resolve was starting to crack.

The second came when he leaned forward, his hand rising from her hip to cup the back of her neck. "I think you might be right love, for there's no way to prevent this from happening I'm afraid." He brought their lips together, a searing touch that made his blood warm blazing hot. When he drew back, his lips lingered close, and he smiled, allowing her to see the expression on his face. "I can never behave for long when it comes to you, my love."

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Even gentlemen could only behave for so long. Honestly, while K'rios was a noble man, a kind man, a loving man, and for all he knew how to play the part of a gentleman, both he and Solai knew he was far from it. To be fair, she was not exactly a proper lady either. She bore too much of a deviant streak to ever be so honourable as a lady.

But she knew how to be respectful, the same as K'rios, and tempt him as she may, she also would listen to what he wanted. He deserved the world, and everything it had to offer, and tonight, she planned to give him all of it.

She shivered in delight at the feel of his hand caress up her neck. Lips flushed red at the slightest feel, caused by the warmth he invoked within her.

"I think you might be right love, for there's no way to prevent this from happening I'm afraid."

The heat of his lips pressed against her own, tempting her in a way that made her ache. Fingers clenched against him. So tempted, she knew she could have tasted more of him than the glimpse he offered... to tease those lips until they burned as red as her own... But she behaved just long enough for him to draw back.

Yet still he toyed with her, his smile kept just out of reach lest she dare to steal a kiss of her own. "I can never behave for long when it comes to you, my love."

"Good, I was counting on that." She dared. Slipping up, she gave him a pliant kiss, one that nearly gave before she pulled away. "Does this mean we should go then? Or should we stay and tempt fate?" If they stuck around for much longer, she doubted they would remain proper... yet, she was also fine by this.

Once the song came to a close, she slowly began to withdraw from his arms, but not without hooking her fingers with his. "What do you say, my dear? Should we go? Or did you want to run the risk of bad behaviour and grab that glass of wine first?"
Ember

Sat May 18, 2019 12:29 am

"What do you say, my dear? Should we go? Or did you want to run the risk of bad behaviour and grab that glass of wine first?"

He considered it, and when he answered, it was with a cheeky grin that brought out the dimples in his cheeks. "Ah, my love, but I think we may need to tempt fate." He took her hand and kissed the back of it, before pressing the palm firmly to his cheek. "The wine sounds far too delicious to simply ignore." But then again so did she, and they both knew how much of her he'd drink his fill of when they were finally alone. If they managed to get that far.

The mere thought made his blood boil with heat that was for the two of them alone, and he was glad only Iktomith could see into his mind. If Solai could, what would she think or do? For his luck, the pewter wasn't sharing his thoughts, but that might not last for long if he kept this up. "A glass, and then we'll see how and where we're at, hm?" They were playing a dangerous game by staying, and he knew it. Which one of them would be the first to break in to the zone of impropriety?

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 am

The warmth of his cheek was difficult to ignore, thus she slipped up to kiss his bottom lip. Before he might retaliate in a way that might make her blush, she pulled away with a grin. "It is very delicious, and it would be a shame if we missed out. It is Benden Red after all, and who can ever say no to Benden?" Solai could, but why say no to one thing, when she knew full well she could enjoy both.

However, there was a catch to it all. The wine would likely chip away at her resolve, leading her to act more boldly than before. She doubted K'rios would mind though. Had she known the thoughts that danced in the passages of his mind, she might have even encouraged him once they had their glasses.

"A glass, and then we'll see how and where we're at, hm?"

"I like this idea," she answered as they approached the table of wines. "Maybe we could take a walk to the lake? Enjoy ourselves away from the crowd for at least a short while-" or the rest of the night. There was something romantic about the idea of sipping wine as they walked to the lake under the twilight "-Do you like back massages?"

If he thought the intention of her question was to entice him, he would be absolutely right in his assumption.
Ember

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:22 am

"-Do you like back massages?"

It was good, so very good, he didn't have glass in hand or wine in mouth, simply out of the surprise that came across him when she spoke those sudden words. It came out of no where, but when he realized the full impact of them, a slow grin curled along his mouth and he placed his hand on the small of her own back and let the fingers dance along the line of her spine. "Darling, you're speaking dangerous words to a man who is ready to enjoy the wine that's in his apartment with you alone."

Whether she meant to entice him to do exactly that or not, he didn't know, but he knew he was being enticed into something. Did he call her bluff, pretend he didn't know what she was talking about, or continue towards the wine tables and simply pretend he didn't want to leave just yet? He hummed in his throat a moment, then decided there was no use in trying to hide it - she would know better. "Why don't we slip a skin of wine from the table and go for that walk, take the long way back to one of our apartments?"

The best of both worlds, he thought.

— Ray Bradbury —