Enjoying a Silver Night with Dreams of a Green Morning - Ember | K'rios

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Season - Early Summer 2048 (continuation of The Cheer)
Time - Evening
Location - Atricis Weyr | Dining Hall - 72nd Hatching Feast

@Ember | K'rios

The day Solai picked out a dress for K'rios, she had hopes of donning the one her mother had worn for her father Ma'lek at the first feast they attended together. Naturally, her mother forbade it, but instead opted for Solai to wear a dress far more flattering. The green tones certainly did compliment Solai's complexion, while the fit of it could not be described as anything else as eye catching.

"But why on Pern did you want to wear my feast dress?" her mother naturally prodded when her daughter began to slip into the other room to undress.

Solai's steps stopped by the doorway, with fingers settled along the frame. She did not immediately answer, though when she did, it was with a smile. "I have my reasons, but I'm sure this will do just as nicely."

The woman smiled knowingly. "Perhaps that dress is better for you then. A old dress for new beginnings."

Though Solai said nothing more, she was certain her mother had a idea as to the reason for her daughter's fashionable curiosities.

At the feast itself, Solange would have her suspicions confirmed. When Solai appeared in that telling dress, and the familiar pewterrider approached her, pulling her snug against him, Solange hid the smirk from her features and did her best to direct her husband's attentions else where. She would let the two young lovers enjoy their night, her dark eyes whispered to her daughter when their gazes met.

Solai was appreciative of the distraction.

After all, K'rios had made it clear what he had wanted this evening; to monopolise her time, if she heard him correctly. After a kiss to his cheek and an offer of wine, Solai somehow managed to slip out of his arms for all she was loath to do so. Yet her fingers still found away to hook along his own and keep him close. "I heard there is also a weyr yard portion to the festivities tonight. Care to venture outside for some fresh air, and a walk around the lake?" Naturally, they would retrieve that glass of wine along the way, giving Solai a longer opportunity to admire K'rios in his burgundy doublet. He looked so dapper, and the way those leather straps stretched across his chest, emphasising his broad build. Fingers itched to feel the doublet again, and test the feel of those leathers, but some how she managed to behave herself, especially with her twin sisters still lurking about. "What do you say?"
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:52 am

"I heard there is also a weyr yard portion to the festivities tonight. Care to venture outside for some fresh air, and a walk around the lake?"

He lifted her hand to kiss it and smiled against the back before pressing her palm against his cheek. "I would like that." It was a moment, however brief, that he stood there like that before setting their hands back between them, fingers still wrapped up in hers. He wanted nothing more than to spend his time with her, and had no intentions of letting go unless she demanded it of him. Together, they made their way outside, to where the lake was set up for the festivities, and when he saw her in the natural light, he was certain his chest wouldn't be able to survive the beating it was receiving from his heart.

"Beautiful..." He said, not paying attention to where he was stepping, where he was leading them, so focused was he on her. He was glad then that they weren't very far from their destination, else he'd have them running into a cliff by that point. "Don't mind me. Really. I'm fine. But if you notice me looking at you frequently tonight..."

Because he wasn't saying exactly what was on his mind though, Ikto stepped in to do it for him. He happens to believe his heart wouldn't be the same without you. There was no denying what the pewter said, and so he said nothing in response to his dragon's proclamation.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:08 pm

His kiss upon the back of her hand, that telling chirp of its brevity, the softness of his lips... such warmth did it stir within her, better than any wine ever could. When K'rios brought that hand to his cheek, Solai took the opportunity to stroke the smooth skin, to quietly show her love for the pewterrider. The words were rarely spoken by her, still afraid of the consequences of them. Would she repeat her mother's mistakes?

Perhaps tonight, K'rios could show her once and for all there was nothing to fear. He would not transform into some vicious monster behind closed doors and force her into submission. Instead, Solai trusted he would show her just how deep his love ran for her, and allow her to do the same for him.

"I would like that."

"I thought you might," she replied. Her thumb could not help but run along his cheek one last time before he withdrew her touch so that they could make their way outside. Luckily, he replaced their contact with the twine of their fingers.

As they departed, her heart quickened, flooding her form once more enough to make her own visage glow with unfettered happiness and anticipation. Part of her wanted to remark on his tempting demeanour, and speak once more of his handsome appearance, but for now she allowed herself to enjoy that soothing silence between them. It allowed her to think on the what ifs of the night, where they walked and where they might end up when the night closed.

And then he spoke. "Beautiful."

A deep blush noticeably radiated upon her cheek. Only briefly did she avert her eyes from him, though she did so with a bright grin that reflected her enjoyment over the compliment.

"Don't mind me. Really. I'm fine. But if you notice me looking at you frequently tonight..."

He happens to believe his heart wouldn't be the same without you.

Solai knew K'rios loved her, for he had said as much not long before, but there was something far deeper in the intention of Iktomith's words... words that K'rios himself did not correct. Solai could have pried, but instead she decided to savour the ride between them. They had only reached the cavern that could have whisked them off to the outside world. Not yet. Too soon. Instead, Solai stepped towards the chiselled corner of the bending corridor, and tugged K'rios after her. Once the light of the glows barely managed to even reach the hem of her dress, she turned up to the pewterrider to steal a rare kiss, a loving kiss, one that reflected the depths of her love for him. Once more, the sweet chirp of a parting kiss chimed between them. "Don't worry, Iktomith," she spoke the name of the dragon, for all her words were meant for the man, "I feel the same way." The hand at his cheek slipped along his jaw, down to his dimpled chin, only to tilt his lips towards her once more. The kiss parted with a glimpse of passion, a wish of things to come. It broke all too soon for all it left her light. She felt as though she might faint from the euphoria invoked in such a heavenly kiss. "Though, you should also be more careful, K'rios-" before he might take her words in any manner of seriousness, a smile reflected in the faint light of the distant glows- "you keep looking at me like that and saying such things, I might be too tempted to skip the wine and music, and go straight to the midnight dance."

Though, Solai realised that might not be such a horrible fate for them.
Ember

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:08 am

"Though, you should also be more careful, K'rios- you keep looking at me like that and saying such things, I might be too tempted to skip the wine and music, and go straight to the midnight dance."

With the talk of his dragon and the words she was saying, K'rios couldn't stop grinning. He cupped her face in his hands and started to draw her close, looking as though he was aiming for a kiss that might not be deemed suitable for public notice. "What if that's been my intention the entire time?" So close, he was so close to touching down on her mouth, but instead he moved just on the last possible moment and swiped his lips over the corner of her mouth, where he lingered for a long moment, the grin on his face obvious against her skin. "Perhaps I wan't to tease you instead. Perhaps I want to tempt you as well. I can have all three, can't I?"

He pulled back, fingers still curved over his face, eyes scanning over every last inch of her beautiful features, and he felt his heart skip a beat as he gazed upon her. Despite everything, he knew he would love her no matter what ended up happening; she had captured his heart, and it was quite clearly no longer his own. It sat nestled next to hers, beating a fine tune with the one that sat in her own chest. He sighed and pressed his lips to her skin again, and then when the closeness became too much for him, he gave in and kissed her on the lips.

The touch didn't last for long, just enough to make the sharpest of pangs take over the lungs. But when he pulled back he was grinning and his hands had fallen to her shoulders. "Yes," he tongue slipped out to tap against his lips. "I think that might be my plan actually. Woo you towards that midnight dance."

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:19 am

"What if that's been my intention the entire time?"

Lips still flushed from their previous dance, chased after his own, yet never did they meet. A glance here and there, the barest tilt of her lips towards him, and yet he denied them both if only to taunt her. If this was his idea of foreplay, it was certainly working, causing her flesh to run hot and make her glow. It was hardly fair that this man could get her so worked up over nothing, and with such ease. Once he pressed a kiss along the corner of her mouth, it was impossible for Solai to stop the moan that whispered passed her lips.

"Perhaps I wan't to tease you instead. Perhaps I want to tempt you as well. I can have all three, can't I?"

Yes, but like crackdust would she yield with ease. It would only be half as fun if she did. "Depends on how well you can dance." And she did absolutely mean with his feet. Her mother's daughter, Solai learned to love a good dance, whether it was an spirited chain dance, an energetic jig or a graceful waltz. Would he have the energy to keep up? she wondered. Though it seemed she was not allowed to find out, at least not without a final kiss. The press of K'rios's mouth against her own was with met with equal passion, enough to leave them both begging for breath. Her lips remained parted in recovery, if only to suck the air back into her lungs as he spoke.

"Yes, I think that might be my plan actually. Woo you towards that midnight dance."

Though tempted to kiss him again, she instead slowly began to withdraw from his arms. Before she could pull away entirely, she hooked her fingers along his own. "Better not have two left feet then," she teased. With a sly smile and a tug of his hand, she encouraged him to resume his walk with her out to the weyr yards. "Do you like dancing?-" before he could insinuate something other than true dancing, she clarified with a chuckle "-and I do mean on the dance floor."

A summer breeze greeted them when they emerged from the caverns.
Ember

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:43 pm

He grinned and nodded, glad she knew how to keep him on his toes, that she injected such fire into his life. He gave her a squeeze and nodded, spinning her around once before returning her to him. The teasing touches of her lips to him, the way she moved around, the little sounds that seemed to escape her so freely did not stop him from wanting more, they only reminded him of how much he adored this woman.

At least his feet were good and steady, both set the way they should be. At least last he checked they were. He chuckled and looked down, lifted one slightly so that the heel remained planted on the ground and wiggling it left to right. "Truth be told its been a while since I've danced, but I still count myself as decent, and last I checked I had one of each in terms of left and right foot." He took hold of her hand, but when it came to where they were going, not knowing where it was she intended, he let her lead the way.

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:42 am

The little show he gave her, spinning her around in prelude, left Solai to giggle in delight. It made her body rush with life, teetering on excitement with the promise given to her with the simplest guide of his hand. It reminded her of the last few hatching feasts, when she had dressed in her best and hoped she might catch the K'rios's attention for a dance.

Now, she finally had it, as well as his heart, and he had hers in turn.

Her eyes slipped between them as he shifted his foot about in indication. Was that a yes then? dark green eyes asked of him, eager for an answer. It had been too long since she had last enjoyed a proper dance.

"Truth be told its been a while since I've danced, but I still count myself as decent, and last I checked I had one of each in terms of left and right foot."

"How long?" she asked as she began to lead him out onto the grass. Already, the music hummed in the air along with the multitude of voices. "And why wait? I would have happily have kept you company on the dance floor if you had asked." Fingers twined with his, giving them an excited squeeze. "Though I suppose we have all night to make up for that." Make up for lost time. Sometimes it still felt like a dream to Solai when she found herself in the arms of the man she had long admired... the man she loved.

Eyes scanned the crowd, hopeful to spot the dance floor. Unfortunately, she lacked the height that K'rios seemed to have in abundance. "Hmmm... where is the dance floor? I do hope they remembered to put one in." She would be loathe if they had to return to the caverns to dance, especially with the outdoors so refreshing.

Of course, if they had to dance on the grass, Solai would be more than happy to make do. So long as she got to feel the weight of his body and the shift of his hands whisk her away from the world, even for just a short while, Solai would be happy.
Ember

Wed May 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Catching what she was attempting to say, he looked over the heads of the crowd members and sought the ever wanted crowd. It wasn't that far and while they would be one set among the many, it would provide them with a certain closeness he doubted either of them would truly be bothered by. "Found it." He captured her hand and kissed the fingertips before leading her in the proper direction, keeping a tight enough grip so they wouldn't be parted as they made their way forward. Every so often he would pause to look over his shoulder in her direction, a grin and a wink, enough of an expression to draw out a dimple, but those looks were for her and her alone.

Once they reached the floor, he found them a spot and realized it wasn't nearly as packed as it had seemed upon distant inspection. Just as well! He turned to her with a flourishing bow and chuckled before drawing her back into his arms. "Now, let's see just how rusted out those feet of mine are, shall we my lady green?"

— Ray Bradbury —
Shaihulud

Thu May 02, 2019 2:46 pm

She caught those winks and smiles, and offered several of her own as they wove their way through the thickening crowd. At his cheerful exclamation of discovery, a dimple revealed itself to him. Solai felt her steps practically skip with every step as they neared the music. It lifted her onto her toes, helping her to remember steps she had danced since she was a child.

As the notes of closing song spun in the air, she recalled her youth, several days after she Impressed to Tyreth. The youngest of all her entire weyrling class, Solai still managed to find her footing with spirit as she twined and twirled across the dance floor with the adults. All the while, the new cords that gleamed upon her shoulder bounced with every step. It was the proudest moment of her life, bonding with Tyreth and coming out to the world as a dragon girl. Every step the little nine turn old took was a proclamation of becoming what she knew she was destined to become: a dragonrider. Nearly ten turns later, the had never stopped dancing.

Once they reached the floor, Solai could not help but bounce with excitement as K'rios drew her into his arms.

"Now, let's see just how rusted out those feet of mine are, shall we my lady green?"

Just as he spoke, a telling drum beat rolled into the air to signal the next dance. The drone of a bagpipe and the playful plucks of the guitar confirmed Solai's suspicions of the song. It was a classic, once she danced to since she was a weyrbrat. Did K'rios remember the steps? green eyes asked him as she slipped from his embrace. "I do think we shall, my pewter gentleman." A chain of female dancers formed around Solai. "Think you can keep up?"

As soon as the bagpipe purred out with the signally notes, the chain of girls began to dance, skipping their steps flirtatiously towards the chain of men K'rios would soon find himself part of if he dared. Several coquettish smiles escaped Solai when she came close to K'rios, but they remained hands locked in their chain, keeping them agonisingly apart. For what seemed like an eternity of measures, the chains of men and women dancing mirrored one another, skipping across the floor in temptation, but it was not until the flute sung out so sweetly into the air that the finally chains broke. It was the chance the partners had to slip towards one another, to finally dance together, entwining playfully as they whirl across the floor.

With four skips, Solai slipped forward. Her fingers stretched out towards her partner, longing to entangle herself with him and feel his warmth pressed against her, even if for only several notes. Her hand felt cold with anticipation, ready to take K'rios by the shoulder and touch the fabrics of his dapper attire taut beneath her fingers, to feel his own hand slip around her waist and hold her close as he swept them both along the current of euphoria that flourished and spun around them. Solai wanted to see K'rios happy, and witness his joy and excitement when she looked up into his eyes as a bright mirth danced in her own.

To dance, to laugh, to love one another endlessly even long after the last song brought the feast to a close... Solai could not imagine this night ending any other way but in K'rios's arms.
Ember

Tue May 07, 2019 11:32 pm

The dance was energetic and delightful, and it made him smile knowing he was experiencing it with Solai. He thought about how his life had changed since she had came into his life, how happy he was, how good things had been, and it only made him grin all the more as he moved with each step, turned with each turn. There came a moment when he almost missed a moment a two because he was so lost in his thoughts, but could he really be blamed when they kept returning to her?

There had come a point in his life, not too long ago, when he'd been certain he wouldn't want to be in another serious relationship. Things had not ended so well with his last weyrmate though he continued to wish her all the best even now - how could he not when they had experienced so much together? But then Solai had come into his life - Thanks to me, no less, don't forget that. - and now?

He couldn't imagine his life without her.

It felt like he was being faced with a bridge between now and the future when he saw her hand reach towards him, and he grinned as he stretched out to curl his fingers around that beautiful hand. "Will you love me today?" He asked while pulling her towards him, smiling even when he felt her land against his body. "Will you love me tomorrow?" He touched her face, her caressed her cheek with his fingers, leaned in but didn't quite kiss her as he seemed to want to. "Will you love me forever?"

— Ray Bradbury —