New Bonds || Parker/Zayn

Like much of the new Weyr, this is a building built in the Weyr Yard. It is a moderately sized building capable of housing up to 48 candidates of each gender at one time. Dragon candidates, Day wher candidates, and even Watch-wher candidates all are housed in this building.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:49 am

Lia nearly shuddered at the thought of bathing Skryth daily when she was fully grown. "I don't think I would be able to do that. She makes giving her a bath now hard enough. She hates to sit still during them." She chuckled as she looked at the zultanite. You take forever, that is why I move so much! Lia shook her head and sighed. The zultanite didn't seem to get it that by her moving, it made it a bit more difficult. Being full grown will be nice. Then, we can be the best help that we can be. Skryth wanted to help, but she knew that she couldn't help while being this small.

But there was something in what her garnet sister said next that didn't seem to fully be understood in the zultanite's mind. What more was there than their looks to make someone love them? It couldn't be their personality, could it. Because that would mean that Skryth might be in a bit of trouble since even she knew that her personality wasn't the best at times. I think I will have to adopt this thinking of yours. I fear that I have been basing everything off of my looks. That can't be all that there is to me, right? She zultanite looked at Lia and the weyrling smiled. "There is more to you, you just need to find it yourself."

That calmed the zultanite down a bit then as she focused back on the topics at hand. Lia rubbed the dragons head knobs as she listened to Zayn and she nodded happily. "Oh! I would love that!" She smiled and she could even feel that Skryth was fully relaxed now. Lia could have let out a happy sigh though. She was glad that she hadn't offended the other weyrling. She didn't know how she would have been able to deal with things if that was the case after all. They saw each other daily, and well, grudges was not going to be the best of things to have to deal with during their training.

"Oh yes, I think everything compared to being a rider is boring now. But then, the dragonhealing craft might still be just as interesting." She mused as she thought about the craft that she had happily left behind to become a candidate. She did wonder at times if she would be able to go back to practicing it when she was out of weyrlinghood. She blushed lightly though at the compliment. "Thank you." She wasn't used to the compliments, but she listened as Nainenth explained what Zayn meant with how he loved to wear dresses.

She couldn't help but smile softly and encouragingly. "There is nothing to be ashamed of with that. You must be who you are to be happy, even if that changes day to day. I think that it is interesting, and well, if you are happy, then others can just go to sharding hell." She kept her friendly smile. She hoped that he didn't think that she was holding back a laugh, because that was actually the furthest thing from the truth. She liked seeing Zayn being himself, even if it changed to being herself other days. If it made Zayn happy, then Lia was going to support him.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 pm

"When you guys are full grown you won't need bathes once a day. Which may seem disappointing to you, but I think it is a good thing. Otherwise, the only thing us riders would be doing is washing and oiling hide." Zayn said with a chuckle before he gave Nainenth a playful scratch on the eye ridges. He didn't mind giving Nainenth a bath every day...but...he'd start to hate it if she was full grown and it took the entire day to do. It could be worse, dear sister. It could take us as long as it takes people to reach full grown. Zayn was explaining this to me the other day. Apparently human children take turns and turns to reach adulthood. At least it only takes us a little over one turn. The garnet pointed out.

Nainenth arched her neck up far enough to lovingly rub against her sister. Looks are fine and all, but yes...there is more to life than simply looks. You are beautiful, sister, but you are also intelligent. There is far more to you than just you're lovely hide. Zayn gave his garnet a warm, loving smile for her kind words to the zultanite.

"Oh yes, I think everything compared to being a rider is boring now. But then, the dragonhealing craft might still be just as interesting."

"My dad is a dragonhealer. He loves the work. I'm sure...well...since we are nearing the end of a Pass and since we're still rather young...it's not a bad idea for us to keep our minds open as far as crafts go." Zayn was alright with giving up his craft while he was a rider, but he did still enjoy his craft and if he had the free time would likely still try to do some of it. Though, he doubted he wouldn't have to worry about not being able to read since Nainenth enjoyed it just as much.

"There is nothing to be ashamed of with that. You must be who you are to be happy, even if that changes day to day. I think that it is interesting, and well, if you are happy, then others can just go to sharding hell."

Zayn nodded and looked down at his feet for a moment, "Yeah, well...not everywhere is as open and accepting as the weyr is. It's nice to be someplace with people like you who don't judge." He said with a genuine smile. Even though he'd always been himself...or herself depending...it wasn't until coming here that he'd felt as if that was truly alright for him to be that way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..