Ascension { Weyrling Graduation Party }

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 pm

@Ember | Dirce
Though not a heavy weight, Dirce's hand upon N'kili's shoulder was not missed. "Make sure you eat something before too long. The harsh stuff is... as harsh coming back up as it is going down."

"Oh, I know," N'kili assured her as she set thepint down. The woman doubted she would be able to finish the beverage, if only for its horrid taste. it offended her sensibilities. Perhaps she could slyly set the glass aside for another patron to take up. No doubt, as the night progressed, a drunken patron would take her partially sipped pint as an opportunity to advance their debauched state.

"Oh goodness."

As Dirce grabbed herself a glass, N'kili spotted a glass of a familiar cinnamon toned spirit. Nimble fingers plucked the shot glass.

"It tastes horrible, and I know what I'm going to face when I open my eyes to the next rising sun, and yet I'm doing it anyway. I'll tell you why too, N'kili - I'm doing it because its freedom. Its freedom from training, and its the last chance to make an ass of myself before..."

Though tempted to chuckle at first, N'kili pressed lips together, holding her peace as Dirce continued.

"I never make an ass of myself, but it feels like my only chance to do something like this now that my role in life has changed. It feels like my last change to truly say goodbye to the old guard before the new has the chance to make that last settling in."

What an unfortunate thing to hear. "You make it sound like a part of you is dying," N'kili answered the her new peer. "But I can assure you that is not the case. You've learned, but at your core, you will still be a part of that old guard." A glance was spared back to the table to the spot where she had collected her own shot glass. She plucked a second one from the line of familiar cinnamon spirits, and stepped back to Dirce. "You should try this. It comes from Walled, and it was one of my favourites. If we-" yes "we", for if Dirce planned on reducing herself to baser behaviours with the expectation she may never do so again, N'kili would show her that ranks of prestige did not mean the death of fun "-are going to piss the night away, make asses of ourselves and pay for it dearly by the morning, we should at least enjoy the shit we drink." There, she had said it. The shot glass offered to Dirce, she tapped her own shot against the crystal lip Dirce held, and then swung the shot back.

Down her throat it burned, yet the flavours were quickly net by N'kili. How could she not savour the sweet taste? Eyes fluttered closed for but a moment, allowing the opalrider to run along her lips that she wet, catching the cloying notes of citrus, sugarcane, and oakbarrel. It went down all to easily. Once eyes fluttered open, she stepped over to a table just within their reach, turned her glass upside down, and placed it delicately onto the table. The very gesture was a silent dare. Not since Mul'rec had N'kili partaken in a drinking game, but with this sum in particular, the opalrider knew she could hold herself at least for several more shots, if not more.

Brows cocked curiously to Dirce in question, the faintest sign of a smirk curling along the corner of her small mouth.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 am

Dirce knew a game when she was being set up for a game, and so she took the offered drink and set herself up for the shot. With a smirk of her own she poured a little bit of the liquid down for herself and took the single shot in a gulp, hissing at the way it burned but it was so delightful that she couldn't help herself from pouring another almost immediately after. "I'm going to hate myself in the morning when I wake up and have to get ready for the day. Nothing is going to smell good,"

She took the shot down, and then poured another, even as the bartender set something out for her to snack on in between drinks, which she nibbled on surprisingly daintily in between sips and shots. "Nothing is going to taste good, everything is going to want to come out or up in some way or another." But that wasn't going to stop her from trying to win this challenge.

She was a fisher, a sailor, and while she hadn't had drink in a long time thanks to training, she could remember how to carry her booze. She wasn't going to be put down that easily.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm

tag: K'anu ( @Lanni )
She was kind of thrilled that K'anu had in fact come over to sit with her. She was worried that she was going to be lonely at this bonfire, mainly because she hasn't had the chance to really meet anyone yet. Between just transferring here and then impressing right away, time was not on her side. She placed her mug beside her when he sat down and she smiled again. This was what she liked, getting to know those who she was going to be around day after day. Since he was a new weyrling with her, it only made sense to try and get to know him better after all. She was going to be doing this with most of her class anyways.

"I am actually, but I am dreading the training afterwards tomorrow." She chuckled slightly, because it was true. She had a feeling that she was going to be dead beat tired tomorrow, but hey, that was a problem for then wasn't it. "How about you? Have you found something enjoyable about the celebration tonight?" She returned the question back at him as she picked up her mug to take a drink. She didn't know what was in his, but he did seem to be avoiding it just a bit. Perhaps he grabbed something he didn't mean too? She wasn't going to pry though, that was defiantly his business, not hers.
Ainokesshou

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 pm

Tag: Kate/A'ric
Aranrod laughed a little, awkward, and looked away. She knew that at some point women wanted to look young, but, "I think that doesn't start until a woman starts worrying she is getting old. We probably all want to look about 20-25 turns old, starting when we are 15 and continuing until we just decide to enjoy being cranky old women."

She grinned at that idea, "I fully intend to be a bossy and melodramatic old auntie once I'm in my sixties, but until then, I would love to look about the same. It won't happen of course, but I can pretend."

She looked at the bronzerider again, still laughing quietly. "And I know I look young enough. I just also want to look old enough." Really, she meant old enough for everything: for fighting thread, for Zenith's first flight and everything that went with it, for dealing with the family problems she had originally run from, for all the responsibilities that came with the privileges and freedoms of a full-fledged dragonrider.
Quiloth       Elahrairath     Nahumth       Arjunavoreth
ImageImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas Maukerith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask             Aesk     
Kate

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:59 am

[Tag: Aino/Aranrod]

Briefly, the bronze rider found himself worried that he had either offended her, or made her uncomfortable with something he had said. The way she laughed is what made him worry. If he had said something wrong, or out of place, it had obviously not been intentional. As she started speaking once more though, he felt that worry slowly ebb away. As she spoke more, he couldn't help but chuckle softly. "You know, I feel like that could be said for men to. Although, it might be more true for women than men, but I still think everyone thinks like that at some point." Of course, he was never one to really think like that, but that's because he never really thought about stuff besides what was happening here and now. Hence why he never care about his appearance all that much, or anything like that.

Chuckling, he nodded. "I believe you when you say that, but somehow, as of right now, I dont really see you as the bossy and melodramatic kind. Then again, I can't really say anything though I guess. I don't really know you all that well, and don't want to make too many assumptions."

A'ric remembered feeling the same way as this newly graduated young woman. Eager, just wanting to be a part of whatever he could. Having a dragon with Behemoth's attitude though always seemed to make him even more eager. "I know you are eager, but everything you are waiting for will be here eventually. Don't rush it. Just enjoy everything as it comes. That's the best advice I can give you." Looking back, he wished he'd had someone to give him that advice when he had just graduated.

Looking at the young woman he said, "So, are you drinking? I could get us a couple celebratory drinks, and we could toast you graduating."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ainokesshou

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:59 am

Tag: Kate/A'ric

Aranrod wrinkled her nose, nodding that men felt some pressure as they aged. At least the ones with physical lifestyles. "I think that's a little different in Crafthalls," she responded, thinking of how Mastercraftsmen were fawned over as they aged. Even among dragonriders, she though age tended to come with dignity.

"In the holds, some people act like women lose all their value when they can't have children anymore. So looking young prevents that." It was a bit of a problem for women who traveled with caravans as well. Of course her mother had not outlived her looks, but women who did, and did not have specialized skills the group depended on, were sometimes left scrounging.

She was very amused at A'ric's comment that she didn't seem bossy. "I might have to grow into the bossiness," she said, archly, "but I was a harper apprentice. I am quite capable of melodrama, when I consider it worth the effort."

And here he was telling her to wait. Of course, he didn't know what she had decided not to wait for. She really couldn't have much time left before the decision was taken out of her hands, and she wanted some control the first time.

"I could handle one drink," she acknowledged, then added, "I don't want anyone doubting my ability to make decisions, after all," she said drily. Before he walked away, she looked off over his shoulder. "I've waited too long already," she said, "I'm lucky Zenith hasn't already made this decision for me."
Quiloth       Elahrairath     Nahumth       Arjunavoreth
ImageImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas Maukerith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask             Aesk     
Kate

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 pm

[Tag: Aino/Aranrod]

For a moment, the bronze rider found himself pondering over what she had just said. It did seem that she had a fair point. Nodding he said, ”I see your point there, and I agree. That is the only time I think that anyone would rather be older. I would love to be that person. The one who gets all the respect and everyone goes to. Although, come to think of it, that kind of sounds more like some of the dragon rider’s I know.” Quickly, one particular bronze rider popped into his head. L’van was always the first one to come to mind if he needed an opinion or advice about something. Quiet honestly, Aric pretty much never went to anyone but L’van.

For a moment, he couldn’t help but frown. While he didn’t think like that, he knew that some people did. If he and Kit would have stayed together, and she didn’t want to have anymore kids, or couldn’t, that would have been fine with him. He wouldn’t have loved her any less. To him, children were a great thing, but he wanted a real relationship too, and that meant someone he was going to love and care about, no matter what. Nodding he finally said, ”I know what you mean, and I don’t agree with it. Having children is not all that women are good for, in my opinion anyway.”

Dark eyes danced with laughter as he listened to the newly graduated Weyrling and shook his head. ”Well, once you do grow into it, I’m sure you will have everyone around waiting for your orders” Of course there was a slight tease in his voice as well, knowing that this was in good fun.

Grinning as they made their way to the drinks, dark eyes studied her quizzically for a moment. ”Oh? What decision is that? If you don’t mind me asking that is.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lanni

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:56 am

Tag: Toross/ @Loyalty
Mila’s close scrutiny of the goods before her left her wide open for a sneak attack or an accidental startle. Which was exactly what happened when Toross nearly spilled his plate down her new blouse. It took Mila a few moments to calm down from the small jump she had done to avoid an accident. However once she came back to her senses the green rider’s smile brightened as she took in her childhood friend. ”Toross! I didn’t expect to see you here!” She admitted still smiling as a blush stained her cheeks at his compliment.

”How are you? I haven’t seen you in… well it seems like forever!” She continued as she fought down the blush. ”Why don’t we catch up? Just let me fill a plate and grab a drink and we can find a spot around the bonfire?”

×* K'anu of Pyrite Siriuth *×
Outfit
Liakkaya / @Tyriani

Still somewhat disappointed at the drink in his mug, it took K’anu a moment to gather his wits again. Shaking off the moment, he turned his attention back to his fellow weyrling. A commiserating smile came to his face as he listened to her dread for the morning. ”I’m looking forward to training to be honest. I’ve been dreaming of this for turns and it’s finally here,” He admitted before turning to the rest of her questions.

”I guess you could say that. I’m here to support my sister and her friends. She graduated today and she’s the only family I have in Atricis… well she was until Siriuth came along,” He corrected himself with a sappy grin taking over his face. Hali deserves this and more. She and Dew worked hard,” K’anu added with pride ringing in his tone.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Loyalty

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:10 am

Tag: Halimila / @Lanni
It was a near miss and Toross for maybe once in his life was lucky he'd not spilled his food down Halimila's blouse. His eyes brightened with delight as she blushed a darling shade of pink. She seemed genuinely happy to see him. It warmed his heart.

Her comment about how it seemed she'd not seen him in forever was nodded to. It did feel that way probably. Weyrlinghood, he imagined must feel like a very long time. For not the first time, he wished he'd not aged out of that possibility. Mentally shaking that thought away, he kept his smile and nodded enthusiastically at her suggestion of filling plates, grabbing drinks and enjoying the bonfire for a while.

Maybe he could even convince her to share a dance. She was graduated but he was still under candidate restrictions, so he was amiable and respectful during the party. It was a great party and Toross was very glad he went. Catching up with friends was always a good thing in his mind. He was glad he could spend time with Halimila.

Before he knew it the candlemark had come for him to say goodnight. Party or not, he still had responsibilities in the morning. Thanking his friends and congratulating the weyrlings nearby, including Halmila with a theatrical display of well-wishes, he turned on his heal, nearly fell off the chair he'd stood upon, and headed back to his room to settle in for sleep. The last vision in his mind's eye as his tired eyes closed for the night, was the happy smiles of his friends and the sleepy utterance, "What a great party."

[..::|x| Toross ..::|x|::.. Elikos ..::|x|::.. Vikandra |x|::..]

Loot ..::|x|::.. Lists
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder

Thu May 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Image (Tag: K'anu/@Lanni)
She couldn't help but smirk slightly when he mentioned the training that she was dreading. "Oh don't get me wrong, I can't wait for it, I just don't think it will be enjoyable after being up this late." She found that to be her truth. Of course, she hadn't been a candidate as long as he has probably, so he had probably been waiting longer than her. She had been the one to go and get a trade before she chose to go with the searchrider.

But that was the past, and now the future was bright, and one day, full of dragon's fire. She could hear the pride in K'anu's voice though and it made her smile softly. "That is the kind of love that I miss. The sibling kind of course. Skryth is amazing with the love and the constant want to push me to be the best I can be." She couldn't help but laugh softly at the constant thought of how the zultanite wanted to push her all the time.