It's Broken ~ Tag: Rathiran/Ember

The Crafter Complex is a series of buildings that contain craft halls and rooms for the crafters of New Atricis to work. There is a single dorm building for apprentices, while journeyman and masters live in second floor rooms in their respective crafts. Off to the side from the complex is the largest building, the Infirmary, where everyone in the Weyr receives Healer attention and desk workers keep track of who comes and goes at the entrance to the Infirmary.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Even though Rathiran was as gentle as possible with setting the break, it still caused Daiga some pain to which she gave a pitiful cry. That cry tore at Calivander's heart and made his eyes water a little. "It's over, baby. The worst is over. Doesn't that feel so much better? Yeah, you're my sweet girl, aren't you?" He said soothingly to Daiga as he stroked her head lovingly. Once the healer spread more numbweed over the break the pain subsided even more. He could feel the relief wash over his lovely gold.

"She should feel relief, despite the pain once the numbweed wears off. If you need to, you can bring her in as often as needed for reapplication of the numbweed and bandages, though I also have medicine you can add to her food that will help with the pain and perhaps last longer than the salve; it just would take longer to take effect."

"She is. She's feeling a lot better. Thank you so much, Master Rathiran. I do have plenty of numbweed in my room, but I'll happily take anything if it will keep her feeling good." Calivander stated, though his attention never strayed from Daiga. The fancy was now curling up, in need of sleep as she was thoroughly exhausted from her ordeal. Cal couldn't blame her. She did so much for him and he wanted to do just as much for her if he could. "I think I will bring her in periodically while she heals though. Make sure everything is doing alright." Cal wasn't going to take any chances.

"I think we could make a sling for her. She should be able to go with you, wherever you go, and comfortably so, if we fit it on you right."

Cal thought about that for a moment and then nodded. "She's not exactly a small creature, but I think that would work. I'd rather have the extra weight to carry around than her upset at home that she can't come with me." He hoped that the man wasn't too curious about why Daiga would want to go with him everywhere. Cal could reason it for himself that even if he didn't rely on her for sight, she would still want to be with him wherever he went. They'd been together for so long he really couldn't imagine not having her at his side constantly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:08 am

"She is. She's feeling a lot better. Thank you so much, Master Rathiran. I do have plenty of numbweed in my room, but I'll happily take anything if it will keep her feeling good."

It was with those words that he made sure he measured everything perfectly, and once the jar was mixed and packed, he turned to set it on the table. "That is the medicine you can add to her meals, fresh or otherwise. You can add water to it, if she prefers taking it a little wet, as not all lizards like the texture of it when its dry."

"I think I will bring her in periodically while she heals though. Make sure everything is doing alright." Cal wasn't going to take any chances.

He nodded at that, glad the younger man was taking the situation well, and seriously too. "We'll ensure she's tended to properly. You've got a good handle on this situation, that will surely benefit her in the long run. She's going to need you, and that strength, as she heals up. Lizards aren't exactly weak creatures, but they depend on us far more than either seem to realize at times." Not realizing the younger man had vision issues, not yet at least, he set his hands on the table and leaned for a moment while they spoke of the sling.

"She's not exactly a small creature, but I think that would work. I'd rather have the extra weight to carry around than her upset at home that she can't come with me."

It elicited a grin, because it was the truth. She wasn't a small one by any means, but she certainly was a lovely girl. He reached out to give her a little scratch, hoping she was feeling a touch better now at least. "I can probably put one together to work in a pinch, take down some measurements, and have something more fitting crafted for you. We've slings for the smaller ones, but I'm ashamed we don't have them for the prizeds." Before Cal could object, he held up a hand.

"It wouldn't be just for you, don't worry, but chances are there are others who would need to make use of them in the future, and it'd be best to have more than one made. The infirmary is going to need them as well, so its best to kill two wherries with a single stone." He gave the gold another scratch before stepping straight and towards the doorway. "I'll be right back then you two. If you need anything, just stick your head out the door, and holler. I'll come running." And with that, he stepped out into the hallway beyond the room.
Dragonriders
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherhandlers, Dayhandlers, & Pearlriders

Image Image

Candidates, Crafters, & Non-Riders
Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

[ Character Tracker ]
[ NPC Archive ]

[ Plot Requests | Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm

"That is the medicine you can add to her meals, fresh or otherwise. You can add water to it, if she prefers taking it a little wet, as not all lizards like the texture of it when its dry."

"She's pretty good about taking anything I tell her to take, though she'd probably appreciate it if I put it in her food." Calivander stated. Daiga was so happy that she wasn't in pain anymore, she was beginning to doze a little. The new candidate could tell that the healer had placed something on the table, the medicine no doubt and that he should take it. However, it was just far enough away to be more of a blob than anything else, so, for now, he let it sit.

"We'll ensure she's tended to properly. You've got a good handle on this situation, that will surely benefit her in the long run. She's going to need you, and that strength, as she heals up. Lizards aren't exactly weak creatures, but they depend on us far more than either seem to realize at times."

"Daiga is especially strong, though I know I am probably biased. I depend on her for so much, for everything, really." Cal said honestly as he looked at the dark gold lovingly. She had saved his life more time than he could count on two hands, so of course, he owed her everything. "I would do anything for her. Absolutely anything. Trust me, between the two of us, I depend on her a lot more than she does me." Cal was not ashamed to admit that either.

Calivander listened as the healer offered to make him a sling. He would have argued some, but then the man explained that the infirmary really needed to have some done for the larger prized flits. Besides, he needed help in making a sling. He had rudimentary sewing skills, but that was also a skill that required eyesight.

"I'll be right back then you two. If you need anything, just stick your head out the door, and holler. I'll come running."

"Okay, thank you." Cal said and then watched as the healer left the room. Daiga was fully dozing then, so he left her to it and began to look about the exam room. Mainly he wanted a closer look at things so he'd have a better idea of where they were in case it was necessary. Hands gently reached for and touched things. Unfortunately, in the process of 'touch seeing', as he liked to refer to it as, he knocked over a small container of... he wasn't sure. "Oh fuck." He said and immediately bent down to try and pick up what he knocked down.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..