Pleased To Meet You, My Ladies { tag } Slasher / Niomi

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:22 am

[ Takes place about two days after the feast. ]

It had been a few days since the hatching, and a couple since the feast, and Cat was missing Niomi more than ever. He had known since Impressing that he wouldn't be able to spend much, if any time with her until he reached a certain point in training, and he accepted that fully. Nakotomith was worth it, and she would agree with that fully. But that didn't stop him from thinking about her, or missing her, all the same.

It was during an instance of thinking about her after lessons that he felt the blue nudge him gently, and when he shifted on the bed, a piece of leather in his hands, that he heard his beautiful voice in his head. Perhaps we can spend some time with her? I still need to meet her, and doesn't she have a green that I should be introduced to?

The man grinned and scratched the ridges above his dragon's eyes. This handsome, little, wonderful creature that had seen fit to choose him in the stands was making perfect sense, as he often did. I would like to see my lady for a bit, and show you off to her. Show you off to her Haddy. You would like them both. He continued to scratch, laughing when the blue's rear leg started to thump on the floor in pleasured response to the ministrations of his rider.

After a while though, the blue twisted out of his rider's hands and nudged at him again. It was clear, soon after, what his intentions were. Then call for them. Or have me do it. But only do it when we're in the Weyr Yard. Ladies should never be kept waiting. Do we have flowers we can bring them? It would be thoughtful to have flowers if we can get some.

How do you know what flowers are?

You're thinking about Niomi's favorite flower right now. It looks lovely.

Cat chuckled and nodded, figuring they could walk towards the gardens and pick some flowers if possible, before finding a spot to sit and wait for the ladies. Sure. Let's go then. He got up and dressed, makign sure he looked tidy with Nako's help, and together they headed for the first stop. There they picked flowers together, tied with bits of leather and ribbon borrowed from a little girl who was willing to help them with the romantic gesture so long as she got to pet the baby dragon.

Then they went to find their spot, and only then did Nako allow Cat to think towards Haddy, her mind warm and familiar as he reached for the lovely green. Haddy, my dear, my third love, will you and your rider please meet me and Nakotomith in the Weyr Yard? I would like to introduce the two of you to him.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.
Slasher

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:40 pm

The forced time apart was more bearable with the knowledge that if C'taren had not Impressed, he would be at the Ivory Tower still working, and she would still see him less. The fact that he had Impressed, and as such unattainable for a couple turns, did not help make anything more bearable. And yet, she was purely happy for him. He was now forever safe from the North, his father, all of it...The woman smiled as she finished oiling Hadranielth's hide, admiring how it glistened in the light outside the green's pavilion.

As she tucked the bottled and brushes away, the dragon lifted her head, eyes whirling. Niomi felt the wave of excitement from her dragon, and had to peer curiously at her, ”What's the matter?” Haddy glanced towards her rider, and the woman swore the dragon was smirking, Nothing is the matter...But you may wish to change. Niomi glared a bit towards the dragon, and was rewarded by a sort of chuckling rumble sound, C'taren and Nakotomith are awaiting us. Those words hit her head like a weight, and the woman was dashing for her apartment. Well, of course she would have to change! She had dirty, oil-stained clothes on, and...And she was going to see C'taren, and meet his dragon, and...

Excitement filled her as she rapidly stripped and threw clean clothes on. A sort of short-sleeved long tunic that she belted around her waist, and snug fitting trousers that stopped mid-shin. Instead of the heavier riding boots, she elected for short flats that slipped easily on. A rapid brush through her hair, and she was braiding it as she ran back to Haddy, ”Well, let's go then.” They walked, electing for the more calm approach as they skirted the main landing area for the pavilions.

It didn't take long for them to find where Cat and Nakotomith were, and Niomi couldn't fight the ear to ear grin that split her face as she waved at them. Once they were close, she spoke though, ”Oh, Cat!” She stopped though, and smiled warmly at the blue. He was so tiny! She had forgotten how small the dragonets were, and how large they would grow. Haddy towered over all three of them, for the most part. But the blue would probably end up large even than the green.

”And you must be Nakotomith. Hello there.” She curtsied towards the blue as Haddy dipped her head, Greetings, Nakotomith. I am Hadranielth. Welcome.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:49 pm

The moment he saw her, his heart started to fill in those spaces that were just for her, for them. He heard a soft croon off to his side and looked down to see Nakotomith watching him, and he lifted a brow but the young blue said nothing. Does it make you uncomfortable, me thinking of another? Jealous? He had heard it could happen, that when they were this little they often became possessive. He would have to learn to school his thoughts, he told himself, especially when around her.

No, I don't think it upsets me when you think about the Lady. Came the mostly innocent response; what came next, however, didn't surprise Cat given what he knew of newborn dragonets and that aforementioned possessiveness. But she won't take you from me, will she?

He smiled and scratched his blue, before standing, realizing this was the point where innocent touches with Niomi came to a stop. If he did so in front of Nako, he likely wouldn't understand. He enjoyed the idea of being around the Lady; he was far too innocent and fragile for anything more than thoughts, and even those were touchy, it seemed. Of course not, pal. No one could take me from you, I promise.

He held out the flowers to Niomi at her words, and smiled brightly. "I'd give you a hug, but uh, Nako doesn't... Nakotomith, my little pal here, doesn't quite understand things right now." The blue thumped his tail on the ground as he looked up, and he quite imagined a curious little baby, all wide eyed with wonder. "But he sends his greetings to "the Lady" all the same. He insisted we get flowers and... these are the ones he helped me pick for you."

His tail continued to thump on the ground as he regarded Haddy next, and he nosed the flowers that were for the green towards her. Greetings, Hadranielth! These are for you! I chose them but C'taren picked them for me. But can we pretend that I picked them for you?

— Ray Bradbury —

Slasher

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 am

As C'taren(squee!) handed her the flowers, she graciously took them, taking the moment he spoke to inhale their aroma. Cat had always been good at choosing flowers for her, always somehow managing to find her favorite scents and combining them in just the right balance to be...just lovely. She smiled as she looked up at him from over the bouquet, ”I understand perfectly, Cat...I remember when Haddy was little, so don't worry at all about it. There's time. Enjoy him being so little...He'll only get bigger. More to oil.” She grinned then.

”And they are just lovely. Thank you so much, the both of you.” She looked at the blue again and dipped her head in thanks towards him. The woman couldn't help but smile as the blue nosed another set of flowers towards her green.

For her part, Haddy blinked, not quite expecting this gesture, but she rumbled in thanks anyways. Dipping her head to nuzzle the blue's cheek, she glanced towards Niomi. Obeying her dragon's glance, she knelt and scooped the flowers up as Haddy spoke to Nakotomith, Thank you very much, Nakotomith. They are lovely. I've never been given flowers before, not like this. That was very thoughtful of you.

The green stretched a bit, then lounged herself out, flopping her weight on one side a bit as she eyed the blue, You are a good match for C'taren, yes, yes. I look forward to watching you grow. Niomi heard her dragon, and grinned, looking at Cat, ”Haddy approves, I think.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:21 pm

It pleased him to know that Niomi enjoyed her flowers so much, but what really made Cat grin was when she stooped to scoop up the flowers Nako had had him gather up for Haddy. He watched the blue, looking ever so proud, as he waited for the response he would receive. "Look at that tail... he's so happy right now, whatever Haddy is saying to him is making him so happy." He chuckled and wanted to go scratch his blue, but didn't want to disturb his happiness either.

You're very welcome. I will get you more flowers again, though I'll need C'taren's help picking them again. You wouldn't mind that, would you? When she flopped over, he followed, and curled up next to her as if that was where his new favorite place was going to be, and he was determined not to move yet. You don't mind, do you Lady Hadranielth?

Cat grinned and gave Niomi a little nudge, since kissing her, touching her, the way that he wanted was out of the question. "I'm glad they're getting along. This is so beautiful, isn't it?" He glanced at her and felt his expression soften, and let out his breath. While their dragons were occupied, he said something he hadn't had the chance to in a few days now. "I don't know how often I'll get to say this during training, Nimmy, but... don't ever forget that I love you, okay?"

— Ray Bradbury —

Slasher

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Hadranielth was not necessrily the most matronly of dragon's, so when the little dragonet curled up beside her, she had to blink a bit. Normally, such boldness might not be tolerated, but Haddy knew that Nako would be a strong presence in her life, if going off how their humans were. So she accepted him curling beside her, and even dipped her head down to boop her snout against the top of his head, I'll be glad to accept any flowers from you and yours, Nakotomith. And no, I do not mind you against me. The green settled in then, glancing approvingly between the man and blue once more.

For her part, Niomi couldn't help but smile at the dragon's getting along. It was...perfect. Considering how far they had come from the North, to what their lives were like now...Niomi could never have even begun to imagine such changes, let alone that they would both end up dragonriders of all things. As C'taren came closer, she looked at him and the smile bloomed across her features even more. Reaching up to lightly brush an invisible bit of dust from his shoulder, ”It's perfect. All of it is. And you better not forget either...Years pining after you, you oaf. I'm not about to let you go now.”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:08 am

This pleased the little blue immensely, so much so that he had no trouble at all falling asleep against the green. Cat tried so hard no to chuckle, but the humor dripped from him and he brushed his mind against his dragon's to find that yes, he was indeed slumbering peacefully next to her. "I'm sorry, Haddy, but he's determined you're his buddy, and he's going to sleep next to you. I can wake him if you'd like?" He hoped she wouldn't, he sincerely hoped that, but if she made up her mind that she didn't like it - which he doubted if her appearance at present was any indication - then he wasn't going to argue.

But soon enough, his attention was pulled from the green and blue, to other important matters, namely Niomi, and his breath was caught as it often was when he looked upon her. To say that she was just as beautiful to him now as she was all those Turns prior was an understatement. Things had changed so much for them, but that was and always had been the single constant thing between them - those pesky feelings which had, until only a few sevendays ago, remained hidden. He wanted so much to embrace her, to tell her that he would never forget, and instead, he had to suffice with a stolen touch to her cheek while Nako was sleeping. "I would kick my own ass if I managed to forget, love."

He started to grin, and forced his hand to fall away, for all he knew he would have kept touching her, and that would have led to problems. He tucked his fingers in one of his pockets, wanting the feel of her skin to remain on his fingertips for as long as possible that day, and glanced towards their dragons. "I just find it... funny how fate has done this to us. We struggle across an ocean to get here, struggled with hiding we wanted one another and you Impressed, found one another, then I bonded. I will not tolerate something else happening once we can finally be with one another, Niomi."

— Ray Bradbury —

Slasher

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm

As she felt the babe doze off, Hadranielth remained still, letting him pillow against her. When C'taren offered to wake him, the green's head swiveled, and she eyed him with slightly reproachful whirling eyes, Don't you dare. Her wing shifted to let the edge of the fold drape slightly over the angle of the little blue, her head tucking down to half-wrap around his shape as she closed her own eyes. She might not sleep, but she would gladly rest with the dragonet.

Niomi couldn't help but smile, and turn towards the man as the green proceeded to ignore them. Her cheek turned towards his touch, almost chasing it as he let his fingers drop back down. She wanted to snatch his hand, press it back against her face and nuzzle into it like a feline. Instead, she bit her tongue a bit to distract herself. His words though couldn't help but pull a smile onto her face, ”At this point, I'm not even going to begin to try and think about the future. There's been too many surprises...If we make plans, or have ideas on how it will go...Fate will just surprise us again. I'm going to just enjoy as much of you as I can, when I can, and take it one day at a time.” Her own hand reached up towards his cheek, letting her fingers cup it, feeling the prickle of his facial hair beneath her skin, the warmth off his own.

She had to pull her hand back, much as he did, or risk getting them in trouble. A wry chuckle escaped her lips, ”Granted, this might be more difficult than we think.” Her cheeks colored a bit with the words.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:07 am

Oh, there was temptation to keep touching her in some manner. He wanted nothing more than to place his hands back on her face, or to grab her hand and kiss her fingertips. But he knew better than to give in to such temptations at this point - Nako was worth more and deserved better. Niomi was worth more and deserved better. He wasn't going to put either of his loved ones at risk for the sake of a few kisses and burning desires. He took a step back, difficult though it was, and felt some measure of relief when he did so, though there was also some guilt and pain in doing so, in taking himself further away from her.

"But I don't want anything messing up what we'll have later on, Nimmy." He slipped his hands in his pockets and tried to bury his entire being in those two little spaces. It would help, fitting himself in there, hiding away, when all he wanted was to run to her. "Just a Turn, and then..." The kisses he would give her, Faranth, he was growing warm just thinking about it. Faranth, let things be good still by that point. "Though we can always just wait until me and Nako graduate also. I'm fine with that too."

— Ray Bradbury —

Slasher

Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 pm

She could practically see the warring emotions within him, and it brought a smile to her face. She felt the same, but after living without him for so long...What was one more turn? Her hand reached up and squeezed his shoulder before dropping. Desperate for something else to stare at, anything to lessen the pining she felt, she looked towards the dragons snuggled up together. It brought a smile to her lips, ”At least they can be together.”

It also occurred to her that Nakotomith would probably wake up hungry before too long. She remembered those desperate scrambles as Hadranielth woke from a nap creeling for food, ”He'll probably wake up hungry soon...As much as I hate to do it, perhaps we should gently rouse them so you can head off his coming hunger? I wish I had managed to do that with Haddy more often...” Her tone was amused, even if a tiny bit sad to have their time together ending. But the next time they met, the blue would be bigger, more active, and who knows what fun they could have then?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage