Through A Golden Haze { tag } Slasher / Mar'co

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:06 am

They had started to have a conversation the night before that had led to a late, though experimental, dinner in her apartment. Na'vi had asked him, when they'd realized how late it was, if Marrow would be willing to allow her to cook for him since she was learning how, and while her stove wasn't large by any measure of means, she was trying to teach herself how to use it. She was certain he was reluctant about it, but somehow he agreed and she'd prepared them a veritable feast of all the little things she'd been learning to prepare, both from the kitchen staff, on her own, and from various people and hides throughout the Weyr on her own free time.

It had turned out well enough that they'd eaten food and chatted during the night, losing track of time as they did so. She didn't even realize it, nor did he seem to, and she found it odd for her to do such a thing. It was odd for her to find such comfort in the company of a man, having thought herself incapable of such a thing long ago, but she thought with Marrow, she thought she might actually grow to like him as more than just a friend. Chinolth, bless his soul, didn't catch onto that thread of thought, for he would know that she already felt that way, and if he did, he might blather away out loud about it, and then she'd be left red faced in front of her friend.

As it neared morning, the air seemed to grow thicker, and she gave his equally thick shoulder a little shove. "You're going to need to go home so you can sleep a little before duty takes you away for the day." She felt sad about that, but thankfully didn't let it show. "Maybe some other time, you can bring me some things to try and cook for you since I apparently didn't poison you last night." Which was a miracle, considering she had the skills to be able to do so, and that pitted her stomach, before she dashed the thought away and refocused on him. But why was it growing so hazy to actually focus and think properly?
Slasher

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Marrow couldn't help but grin as she lightly shoved his shoulder. He gave to the pressure, even if it would have been zero effort to hold against it. She was stronger than she looked, but he still out weighed her slight frame by a good sized portion. He had felt the change in the air, but had just dismissed it to the fact that they had been there all night. And yet, he didn't feel tired. Being around Na'vi was...energizing? He couldn't think of another word as he shifted a bit on the couch, his arm extending over the back of it towards her. She was about the distance of his arm too, his hand just barely brushing her shoulder every now and then when she changed her position a little. And he loved it when it did, damnit. Not that he was touching her on purpose, oh no, but...

”Aye, I should go soon...The air feels heavy now too, so maybe I'm more tired than I thought?” He shrugged a little, ”I'll definitely take you up on that though...” He felt...hazy? It was a familiar feeling, and he just dismissed it as his comfort with being around her, but...that wasn't quite right. And he also didn't care at that moment to try and analyze the feeling, because, well...How the morning light(glows?) was hitting her at that moment...He was just glad to be staring at her, ”And poisoned? Nah. I mean, my stomach is pretty hardy, but I thought it was good. I'm pretty sure I already said that?” His tone was gently teasing with that last 'question'. He had assured her numerous times during, and after the meal, that it tasted good. He had offered a little bit of constructive criticism, but it was that she didn't have to be so conservative with it. It was obvious with the meal that she had hesitated with some of the seasonings. ”I can handle whatever you throw at me.”

His tone had shifted somehow, and he wondered at himself, but...his words felt heavier? Sounded heavier, in his ears, like he wasn't just talking about the food and her cooking anymore. Almost on its own, the hand along the back of the couch moved, just the tiniest bit, a single finger daring to touch her shoulder. So far, the majority of their physical touches had been initiated by her, such as the shove before. He had treated her like a feral feline, one you had to convince over months that it was safe around him. But he felt some sort of encroaching boldness, and couldn't help but...maybe push his luck a little? He knew he liked her...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:53 am

There was a moment when that finger made her stiffen, and it seemed as though she might bolt in the opposite direction. But the stiffness that had invaded her shoulders soon disappeared and she was able to relax with a sigh, her body moving closer so that it wasn't just his finger that rested against her body. It was bold, to feel his hand on her shoulder instead of one digit, and perhaps the air was strange, and this was strange, but then why did her heart dance always dance at the idea of spending time with Mar'co?

She wasn't sure what she was going to say now, her words trapped in her throat where they insisted on hiding just like how she wanted to hide her face against his shoulder. She was certain her face was blooming a thousand different hues of red in that very moment, and all of them were keeping her from looking at him. The air just felt so heated suddenly, so much so that she started tugging at the neck of her own blouse.

And yet it was that same warmth that caused her to finally look at him, and she did so with abandon, drinking in his visage with so much confused longing on her own face that she wasn't quite sure what to do with it all, her want for such things having not come into being for so long that it still felt strange. A hand reached up to touch his cheek, so sharp and chiseled, and she wondered if he would mind her own words were still stuck in her mouth.