Rolling Fun - Parker | Ao'mek

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 pm

"I know...and I am still sorry for that. But I can't be sorry for being honest with you. You're a good friend and you deserve honestly."

"It's all right. I knew what I was getting myself into when we started sleeping together," Solai assured him. Had Ao'mek led her on to believe otherwise, then the greenrider would have genuinely been upset with him, but that was never the case. Even when she realised how nicely things were working out between them, Solai knew it would never last, thus it was always at a distance that she valued her time with Ao'mek. "I am relieved you were honest with me." Had Ao'mek deceived her, Solai would have loyally remained with him despite whatever feelings she had come to harbour for K'rios.

"Is that an old man jab?"

"It might be," she laughed back at him. Though honestly, K'rios was about the same age, thus Solai did not actually mean it. Besides, her parents had proven how little the age difference meant.

"I don't know, Solai. I really think a person should have to want to find someone to settle before they start looking for someone to settle with. And right now, I just don't. Like I said, I don't lack for lovers and none of them I've felt anything more for."

"I know... but still. I thought someone like you might want kids, a family... and.. I don't know. Someone to build a life with. I know you have a big heart, but maybe you could find someone with a heart as big as yours." Big heart. A euphemism for polyamorous. While promiscuous at times, Solai could never love more than one person. It simply was not in her nature, and once she found someone, she cared little about busying herself with the company of others.

Ever since K'rios opened up to her about his feelings towards her, putting himself on the line when he voiced his sentimentality for her (a gesture that was fully recognised by the greenrider)... Solai decided to conclude all other involvements in her life. Even if she and K'rios were still in the early phase of their relationship, feeling out one another, familiarising themselves with the other, she had no desire to be with anyone else. Right now, all she wanted was K'rios.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:39 am

"I know... but still. I thought someone like you might want kids, a family... and.. I don't know. Someone to build a life with. I know you have a big heart, but maybe you could find someone with a heart as big as yours."

Ao'mek gave a noncommittal shrug before he took the joint back to enjoy. "I'm a friendly person, perhaps a little too friendly for some people's liking, but that doesn't mean I'm overly romantic." He explained. Yes, he was a bubbly person, but that bubbly person didn't see himself as romantic. A part of him felt he had had his chance for family and kids, but now...it almost felt wrong for him to seek it again.

"Besides, we're riders, can't exactly raise children on our own." He pointed out as he handed the joint back. It was true. They could have plenty of children as was evident by all the weyrbrats in the creche, but honestly raise them....no.

Ao'mek gave a sigh then. "Of course, you're my friend and I love you, so if you want to make any blind dates I'd go on them. But no promises." It was the best she was going to get from him.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Though some might take offence, Solai felt at peace with his answer. It was an assurance that she had indeed made the right choice to let go of the possibility of herself and Ao'mek. Even if the thought of romance with Ao'mek was fleeting, it was real, and now it was gone. Let him be happy the way he was, if that was what he preferred.

"Of course, you're my friend and I love you, so if you want to make any blind dates I'd go on them. But no promises."

Solai would consider it, but for the mean time, she enjoyed the company of her old friend as they shared the joint between them. When her tongue loosened up a bit more, she vented about I'ent, but as always, Ao'mek told her exactly what she needed to hear. Did she forgive I'ent? Hardly, but now with a possible future with K'rios... that hardly mattered to her much any more. So long as Ao'mek was always a friend to her, Solai could give a tail fork what the other walled men were like. Only her friendship with Ao'mek mattered.

{fin}