Cutting To The Points { tag } Slasher / Iver'vas

With the establishment of the Pearlriders and the Atrician Glint, a home along the coast for the Pearls and their riders needed to be made. Over time, the original beach camp was transformed from a series of tents into buildings and homes. While some of the Flotilla is being built, the primary areas such as Dining Hall, barracks for candidates, and other necessities have been completed. A series of docks with homes attached are still being built for future Pearlriders in hopes their numbers will grow, and each home is fitted with necessities as well as a personal boat that can be used for some water travel as well as living out of for relatively short periods of time.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu May 16, 2019 5:39 am

He had no idea of her own thoughts, but his weren't too far off. As far as she was concerned at least - he wasn't thinking of his parents, or Crom. Crom was distant, far off, no longer a reality or something he needed to concern himself with. Though the knot in his belly told him otherwise. He grimaced and glanced over his shoulder, as she spoke. Faranth, the way he was thinking about her right now, what would she do? If she knew he wanted to drag her down to the sand and make her forget about the lack of arrangement, to consider something else that was of their own making?

"Yeah, it would seem neither of our parents are very pleased with what happened." He licked his lips and turned back to the stew, though his mind was hardly on it and besides, he was hungry but not for food. Certain he was going to burn it, and knowing he'd get no help from that bond of his, he focused for a moment on the lizards until he was able to focus his mind on something other than River. "It won't be long now though before they're fully grown..."

The pearls, a great thing to relay his mind to, they could always speak of the pearls, but then... his mind ran right back around to why he had a pearl - right back to River, and there it remained, and he frowned, staring at the stew for what seemed like countless moments until the stench of burning fish reached his nose. "Shit!" He took the pot from the fire and and set it aside, scraping the bottom of it once he had it out of the way. "I might have ruined lunch." He told her. "I'll get some other things if I did."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.
Slasher

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm

With the mention of their sizes, she glanced towards the napping Pearls. The sheer size difference between them was almost comical. Koda had obviously gotten a Pearl as big as his(the man's) personality was. The thought made her smile, a softer expression than her normal snarky, confident smirk. As much as he infuriated her, she had grown to know Koda'vis, and to be perfectly honest, the man was rather admirable. Fulgervas occasionally questioned her about her feelings and thoughts about her fellow weyrling, but the woman always brushed them off and changed the subject.

It seemed both of them had gotten a bit lost in thought, as the stench of burning fish reached their nostrils, knocking them loose. Wyk cursed, and River looked towards the stew, her nose wrinkling a bit as she leaned closer to eyeball it. As he pulled it off the flame, she scooched closer, taking the spoon from his hand. Her fingers brushed across his, and she felt that almost familiar zing of electricity when their skin touched. Taking the spoon, she stirred the contents of the pot up a bit, eyeing it, ”Honestly, it might not be that bad...I'm not opposed to letting it cool a bit, and testing it out. Worst case, it feeds some wildlife. But I don't think it'll be too bad...”

Standing then, she stretched her back, eyeing the napping Pearls, and then letting her gaze drag sideways to eye Koda'vis. After a few seconds ticked by, she couldn't help but try to smile at the thought that...Honestly, she wouldn't mind admitting that she might be interested in him for him, regardless of their families. Her mind started wandering that path, one she had entertained numerous times before, honestly. And as previous time, she suddenly scowled, the expression blooming across her features briefly. She needed to reset, if she didn't change direction, she was going to blurt something out that she was a bit afraid too(another fact that infuriated her, River didn't get afraid). Turning on her heel, ”I'm gonna cool off...” she sprinted for the waves. One, two three steps into the surf, and she went horizontal, diving into the oncoming wave. She swam out under the surface until she couldn't anymore, bringing her out beyond the crest of the sea as it hit the sand. Surfacing, she took a breath, her back towards the beach still. Anything to distract herself before she did or said something stupid that would jeopardize the thin friendship/tolerance they had.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am

He held his breath as he watched her, wondering what had happened exactly. There had been a moment where it seemed like (felt, really) where something might be done or said, and he'd actually anticipated whatever might come towards them in those few moments. But then, before he could speak, before she could speak -r maybe it was just on purpose - she ran off to dive in the water and he frowned, matching the scowl that had been on her face prior to her departure from his presence. Bloody between what had happened there?

He decided he wasn't going to let it just be, and he stood up, pulling off his tunic before jogging towards the water, his thin shoes being kicked off just before he managed to dive into the water. He would get to her, speak to her, find out what was going on and they would have a decent talk about this, whatever it was, that was pinging between them. He wasn't going to let her escape or let this go either.

Reaching her, he gave her shoulder a tap and then a squeeze, a frown still on his face. "Care to tell me why you ran away?" There it was, the tentative truce was broken.

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.