Cutting To The Points { tag } Slasher / Iver'vas

With the establishment of the Pearlriders and the Atrician Glint, a home along the coast for the Pearls and their riders needed to be made. Over time, the original beach camp was transformed from a series of tents into buildings and homes. While some of the Flotilla is being built, the primary areas such as Dining Hall, barracks for candidates, and other necessities have been completed. A series of docks with homes attached are still being built for future Pearlriders in hopes their numbers will grow, and each home is fitted with necessities as well as a personal boat that can be used for some water travel as well as living out of for relatively short periods of time.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu May 16, 2019 5:39 am

He had no idea of her own thoughts, but his weren't too far off. As far as she was concerned at least - he wasn't thinking of his parents, or Crom. Crom was distant, far off, no longer a reality or something he needed to concern himself with. Though the knot in his belly told him otherwise. He grimaced and glanced over his shoulder, as she spoke. Faranth, the way he was thinking about her right now, what would she do? If she knew he wanted to drag her down to the sand and make her forget about the lack of arrangement, to consider something else that was of their own making?

"Yeah, it would seem neither of our parents are very pleased with what happened." He licked his lips and turned back to the stew, though his mind was hardly on it and besides, he was hungry but not for food. Certain he was going to burn it, and knowing he'd get no help from that bond of his, he focused for a moment on the lizards until he was able to focus his mind on something other than River. "It won't be long now though before they're fully grown..."

The pearls, a great thing to relay his mind to, they could always speak of the pearls, but then... his mind ran right back around to why he had a pearl - right back to River, and there it remained, and he frowned, staring at the stew for what seemed like countless moments until the stench of burning fish reached his nose. "Shit!" He took the pot from the fire and and set it aside, scraping the bottom of it once he had it out of the way. "I might have ruined lunch." He told her. "I'll get some other things if I did."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm

With the mention of their sizes, she glanced towards the napping Pearls. The sheer size difference between them was almost comical. Koda had obviously gotten a Pearl as big as his(the man's) personality was. The thought made her smile, a softer expression than her normal snarky, confident smirk. As much as he infuriated her, she had grown to know Koda'vis, and to be perfectly honest, the man was rather admirable. Fulgervas occasionally questioned her about her feelings and thoughts about her fellow weyrling, but the woman always brushed them off and changed the subject.

It seemed both of them had gotten a bit lost in thought, as the stench of burning fish reached their nostrils, knocking them loose. Wyk cursed, and River looked towards the stew, her nose wrinkling a bit as she leaned closer to eyeball it. As he pulled it off the flame, she scooched closer, taking the spoon from his hand. Her fingers brushed across his, and she felt that almost familiar zing of electricity when their skin touched. Taking the spoon, she stirred the contents of the pot up a bit, eyeing it, ”Honestly, it might not be that bad...I'm not opposed to letting it cool a bit, and testing it out. Worst case, it feeds some wildlife. But I don't think it'll be too bad...”

Standing then, she stretched her back, eyeing the napping Pearls, and then letting her gaze drag sideways to eye Koda'vis. After a few seconds ticked by, she couldn't help but try to smile at the thought that...Honestly, she wouldn't mind admitting that she might be interested in him for him, regardless of their families. Her mind started wandering that path, one she had entertained numerous times before, honestly. And as previous time, she suddenly scowled, the expression blooming across her features briefly. She needed to reset, if she didn't change direction, she was going to blurt something out that she was a bit afraid too(another fact that infuriated her, River didn't get afraid). Turning on her heel, ”I'm gonna cool off...” she sprinted for the waves. One, two three steps into the surf, and she went horizontal, diving into the oncoming wave. She swam out under the surface until she couldn't anymore, bringing her out beyond the crest of the sea as it hit the sand. Surfacing, she took a breath, her back towards the beach still. Anything to distract herself before she did or said something stupid that would jeopardize the thin friendship/tolerance they had.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am

He held his breath as he watched her, wondering what had happened exactly. There had been a moment where it seemed like (felt, really) where something might be done or said, and he'd actually anticipated whatever might come towards them in those few moments. But then, before he could speak, before she could speak -r maybe it was just on purpose - she ran off to dive in the water and he frowned, matching the scowl that had been on her face prior to her departure from his presence. Bloody between what had happened there?

He decided he wasn't going to let it just be, and he stood up, pulling off his tunic before jogging towards the water, his thin shoes being kicked off just before he managed to dive into the water. He would get to her, speak to her, find out what was going on and they would have a decent talk about this, whatever it was, that was pinging between them. He wasn't going to let her escape or let this go either.

Reaching her, he gave her shoulder a tap and then a squeeze, a frown still on his face. "Care to tell me why you ran away?" There it was, the tentative truce was broken.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:52 pm

She didn't hear him as he approached her, the sound of his body moving through the water masked by the nearby crashing of the waves, the birds overhead, the breeze drifting past across the surface. So when his hand touched her shoulder, she actually jumped a little, trapped in her own thoughts. Turning to look back at him, she spun in the water until she was facing him, her legs idley moving beneath her to keep her still and upright. His question resonated in her. Her mind raced for any lie, and excuse, but she realized she hated that idea. She was not a liar.

”So, what does this mean? I came down here to retrieve my fiance, and drag him back North. Come to find, he is a stubborn, hard-headed, pig-faced ass of a man.” Her words were harsh, but there was a thread of uncertainty in them, like she herself didn't believe the words and she was grasping at them almost stubbornly, ”I hate that my parents sent me here with this. I love how it has turned out, I would not trade the South, or Fulgervas for anything on Pern, but...” She sighed. A moment ticked by, and she looked at him, his hair wet, wild around his asshole face. That face that had that beard, and those lips, and the eyes that threatened to drown her, no matter how strong she swam in them. She realized she was just sort of staring at him, and she felt her cheeks color.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:17 am

It had turned into something so different. All because of him. He'd turned her life upside down and inside out, all because he'd not wanted to be Heir of some mining Hold in the North. He watched her as she spoke, berated him, and he knew what he was going to do. He glided closer to her, his hands going to her face, and he tugged her closer, gently. "Let's make something different of it then, River." He told her, his breath hitching before he did what he maybe shouldn't have, but was going to anyway - he kissed her.

Ukie sighed and glanced at the lovely creature curled up with him before he snuggled up against her again. About time! I didn't think they'd get to this point! How long do you think we should let them go before we stop them? He was rather content to ignore them for a good, long while if it meant more naps, sunshine, and warm rocks, but he would leave it up to his companion first and foremost.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 am

This was not their first kiss. It wasn't even their second, or third. Their entire relationship seemed to be one of fire and ice. They were either unable to keep off each other, the heat of passion raging within them, out of control. Or they hated each other, the cold between them almost palable to other's. But this...There were feelings stirring, ones of warmth and happy. She felt his fingers graze her cheek, and for a moment wanted to dive back into the water, let the ripples wash away her chaotic mind. But then he drifted closer, she felt his lips on hers, heard his words as he whispered them against her, and...

She melted. She didn't care in that moment that he was awful, that she despised his arrogant attitude, that she thought him a brute. This. This tenderness, this hint of something beyond the carnal fire between them, that was all she needed to admit her own feelings. Her true feelings. The feelings that had been hinting over and over when she saw or heard him do something decent, she had just been in denial, refusing to see how soft he could be. And that realization fueled her reaction. Her arms slid over his shoulders, shamelessly feeling each and every line of muscle and bone that passed beneath her fingertips. She let his arms pull her closer, her lips molding against his as she felt the breathe rush out of her, surrendering to the kiss.

Fulgervas felt her rider's surrender, and something in the Pearls chest loosened as well. Her body relaxed, tiny nerves of tension that she had not even realized were there just gave way. Pale blue scales slid slightly against the shadows of Ukamevis' hide, and she sighed softly against his bulk. Do we even have to? I want to enjoy this moment of peace, don't you? She made a soft warbling purr sound at him, blowing air with it, her amusement and serenity lacing her mindvoice.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 pm

The kiss could have gone so many different ways if they would have allowed it to. As it was, it only had one inevitable pathway, however. Koda pulled back, placed a wet hand flat against her forehead, and against the corner of her mouth breathed, "For the sake of my left cheek woman, what is wrong with you?" Of course he would ruin this moment, the only pure and perfect moment they had had with one another in... forever?... by cracking wise. But then again, did she really expect the situation to go any other way?

For his part, Ukamevis just snorted and tried to curl up more tightly around his white-blue counterpart. He sighed and muttered something under his mind's "breath", something that suspiciously sounded like Warn me if it feels like the world's most deserving murder might take place, would you? before he promptly went back to sleep.

— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 am

As Koda broke the kiss, River wanted to grab him back. But the feeling of his hand on her head stayed the urge, and she opened her eyes to look a thim, the question already filling her eyes. Then the soft words, the tone of which was closer to what they had just been doing, yet...What he actually said slowly penetrated. What was wrong with her?! She scowled, and jerked back from him, attempting to move back towards shore now. Her voice came out low, and tense, betraying by it's very calmness the layers of rage that boiled underneath, ”What is wrong indeed? I think I should take myself to the Healers, to think I actually thought I could be attracted to...to...the beast that you are!” Another slightly flailing jerk as she seemed almost too flustered by his barb to even swim that gracefully, not even bothering to try to keep her movements smooth.

On the beach, Fulgervas shifted and rumbled with slight amusement at the happenings in the waves.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage