Fishing, Friends, and Fun (Tag: Parker/Darrow)

The lands around New Atricis that are regarded as Atricis' new territory. Not as big as their previous protective range, but still lots of space and wilds to explore. Dragon Flights and Wher Runs also occur across these lands.
Kate

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 am

Devyn could not help but chuckle to himself just a bit as he listened to his friend. He was wiser than his years, and the chimera handler found himself wishing that he had the same wisdom as his friend. Sure, he knew change wasn’t bad, and he knew it was hard, but he guessed it was probably the fact that he’d just been through a lot over the last 4 or 5 Turns that made him not like change. While he would never try and force change, as his friend had said, it seemed as though lately, change had actually been forced on him. With his girlfriend leaving, and then him bonding to Isamuyn and then Esca’s shocking death, his life had just been a rollercoaster of changes, and he felt that he was probably resenting that a little.

Seeing the frown that came to the black handler’s face made the other handler frown a bit as well. Honestly he never talked about this much. The only two others were knew about this were Isamuyn, and of course Esca. Of course, Darrow has become a close friend, so Devyn knew that he trusted him enough, and that’s why he had told him all of this. Smiling softly he said,”Thanks for saying that. You aren’t the first person who has told me that, so I guess I should probably listen.”

Nodding eagerly at the next thing, he couldn’t keep himself from laughing just a little. ”Well, good. If you weren’t in agreement with me, I would have to see what I could do to change your mind. I know it’s probably not the easiest thing, trying to juggle both, but if doing it makes you happy, than it shouldn’t matter.”

Nodding, Devyn didn’t need to say anything. The look in his eye said it all. Wholeheartedly he agreeed with his friend. If it hadn’t been for Isamuyn and the pack, he never would have gotten through these tough times in his life. Everyone in the pack had been there for him, and he would never be able to put into words how much it meant to him.

At the mention of other chimeras Devyn’s blue eyes focused back on his friend before he nodded a little. ”I did hear that there were chimeras in a few of the other dragons, but I haven’t actually been able to see them for myself yet. The only one I’ve ever seen is obviously Isamuyn.”

Blue eyes glanced up as he felt something grab into his line, and quickly he began reeling it in. Even though they had already ate, the chimera handler knew that he could always take this home and make himself dinner with it instead of having to go to the dining hall. Or maybe they would be out here long enough that they would just make more fish for dinner. Either way, catching another fish was most certainly not a bad thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:39 pm

While the fishing was, of course, fun, the best part of their outing was merely the talking and good conversation. A person could know someone for so long, but there was always more to learn about each other. The more he spoke with Devyn, the more he knew that he had a truly good friend in the chimerahandler. It was odd to think that when they had first met he had been so wasted he still didn't remember parts of the night. How glad he was that the man hadn't held his drunken antics against him.

More hours pass as they talk and fish. A few more fish are caught, but they are not really large enough to keep and so they throw them back. Once the sun began to set on the horizon, they called their daywhers back to them so they could gather up their things and head back home. Darrow was so happy they had had this day together and before they each parted for their cabins they promised to do it again and more often.

{fin}
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..