Bells and Tassels - M'ir | Marve

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 am

Continuation from Here, Here!

"Thank you, I appreciate your admiration."

The man's initial response went better than A'rosius thought. Most strangers he dared to speak to normally brushed him off or disregarded him simply for the fact they thought him odd... or strange... The bluerider suspected it had something to do with the fact they did not know what he was, but A'rosius had come to know himself completely. He let them get away with their actions and discourtesies, if only because their unspoken ridicule would never dissuade him from continuing to be the man he was. However, A'rosius was pleased to see that would not be the case here in this conversation, no matter how brief it might be.

"Yes, it is in fact Walled attire. That is where I was born and lived until I moved here and Impressed. My rider title is M'ir of Brown Larixth. Of course, you can just call me M'ir, if you do not mind telling me your name in return."

A faint smile graced the bluerider's features, for the man's kindness validate A'rosius' character and identity. He gave a small nod in turn with the slightest dip of his shoulders, a courteous half bow for the brownrider. "I am A'rosius of blue Bowith," he replied. He regarded the brownrider with kind green eyes. "But you are right. Formalities are not truly necessary, especially in a weyr. My friends, call me Ambr." A glance was passed about the room once more, noting where his family stood. Inez took the centre of the room with Rhianwen, while Mul'rec conversed with Sid'nis on the side of the activity. It saddened the bluerider, opening old wounds, but he would not let them show today no matter how much they bled. "I've only just transferred here from Benden Weyr with my family in the last day or so. Don't ask me how many though... it's been quite the ordeal, and all the days seemed to have blended together." He offered the slightest chuckle, trying his best to make light of the trauma inflicted upon his family over the last sevenday.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:31 pm

While M'ir couldn't quite figure out from the rider's name their gender, he decided it didn't truly matter, at least not for him. He wasn't going to come out and ask, for that would be extremely rude, but he also wasn't going to continue to be any less kind to them, especially when they gave M'ir their nickname, even if he didn't feel he was one of those allowed to use such a nickname quite yet. He did not to show he took in the information though, taking a sip from his drink as A'rosius glanced around before speaking again. Immediately, M'ire was told why he didn't outright recognize the bluerider, and he nodded, chuckling in return to the attempt at lightness, nodding once more.

"I can understand that to at least some degree. My moving here from Walled had been quite a blur of days." Of course, like A'rosius, M'ir didn't say exactly why. It was his own memory to not burden others with, and as they were at a feast, it was no such place for saddened memories.

"Welcome to New Atricis Weyr, by the way, A'rosius. I hope you and your family can find a fine life here. I personally have found that New Atricis Weyr to be a fair place for new beginnings. I have quite fallen for the place since I first arrived here." After a moment, he realized they were still standing near the drinks as someone came by to get themselves something. After they left, M'ir gestured a lightly jingling hand toward some seating.

"Perhaps you would like to sit? Rest your feet? Assuming you would continue to have my company, of course."
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Ari ..::||::.. Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. Tovalia ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Naia ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Solonia ..::||::.. Letitia ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Reyzia
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Shaihulud

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm

"I can understand that to at least some degree. My moving here from Walled had been quite a blur of days."

A'rosius could certainly understand M'ir's sentiments. Since his own arrival to Atricis, the bluerider's days had hemmed together, making it difficult to discern where one day ended and the other began. The amalgamation of memories formed one, long continuous day over the stretch of a week, leaving him exhausted everytime he dared to think on it. At least they were all in New Atricis together, A'rosius thought with a glance cast briefly at Inez and Rhianwen.

"Welcome to New Atricis Weyr, by the way, A'rosius. I hope you and your family can find a fine life here. I personally have found that New Atricis Weyr to be a fair place for new beginnings. I have quite fallen for the place since I first arrived here."

"Thank you. I am certain we will." After all, A'rosius had managed before, and had even dared to mate a man and give him a child during his previous time in Atricis. The memory was bittersweet, one he realised he needed to set aside for the meantime. Now was not the time to linger on open wounds.

A person approached the table, and A'rosius knew his manners well enough to mind them and step out of the way.

"Perhaps you would like to sit? Rest your feet? Assuming you would continue to have my company, of course."

He blinked several times at the man, not knowing exactly what to say. He certainly had not expected the offer, but then again he supposed the man was in need of someone to speak to, much like A'rosius, if the bluerider was honest with himself. "Oh, well-" he cut himself off with a glance at Inez, to affirm to himself once again she was safe "-I don't see why not." He made a glance at the table M'ir motioned to, and accepted the offer with a step in that general direction. "To be honest, I lived here some time ago. It is different from what I remember, and yet so much of it somehow seems the same." Bright eyes noted the decorum, the food, the music, the attire. "The feasts are certainly lavishing, though they always did have that bit flare to them, even when I was a candidate."