Inevitable Encounter - Sid'nis | Parker

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:08 pm

After the heated discussion with his niece, and the aftermath with Ao'mek, Mul'rec returned to Sid'nis. Whether he was irritated or not, Mul'rec gave little indication as he slipped to the bluerider's side to regard the patrons once more. His mind mulled over the events that transpired between him and Solai, though the gentleness of Ao'mek had soothed him.

He supposed that was for the fact Ao'mek reminded Mul'rec of the bluerider who now stood beside him.

"My apologies, Sid," the brownrider spoke to the man respectfully. "My niece was in need of some... guidance." It was a kind way to put it. Structure, however, would have been more accurate. A glance was spared to the table where he had set his wine glass, but alas, it was gone. "Would you like another glass of wine? It seems mine has vanished between."
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:31 pm

"My apologies, Sid. My niece was in need of some... guidance."

Sid had been waiting patiently....

Well, he'd been waiting as patiently as he could. The times he turned to look at Mul'rec speaking to the other bluerider would suggest that he wasn't the most patient in his waiting. Still, he wasn't the sort to complain and he knew that his friend would be back as soon as he could. "No, it's alright, you don't have to apologize. I hope everything is well now, though." Sid assured him before taking a sip of his drink. He was visibly happier now that Mul'rec was back at his side.

"Would you like another glass of wine? It seems mine has vanished between."

"I'm still nursing this juice, thanks." Sid said as he looked at his half full glass. He looked about for Mul'rec's glass of wine, but didn't see it. "Let's go get you another glass." He said as he patted the man's shoulder. If he was standing a little closer to the brownrider he would have claimed it wasn't on purpose, but honestly he was feeling a bit possessive and wanted to hoard Mul'rec's time this evening if he could.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:42 pm

"I'm still nursing this juice, thanks."

"Ah yes, of course. My apologies," he offered once again. It had come second nature to the man to enjoy a good wine, and had forgotten that his friend was attempting to unaccustom himself to the habit.

"Let's go get you another glass."

The bluerider's close proximity was not missed by the brownrider who passed a glance to the man at his side. When he glanced up to look around, he saw Inez had disappeared from the feast, while A'rosius had busied himself in other company.

Iorveth says she left with Rhianwen, and that she is safe, Galuth assured him.

Good. It seemed for Mul'rec was graced with a moment of reprieve to truly enjoy the company of his old friend. Rather than disregard the warmth of the man at his side, Mul'rec reached up to giveSid'nis an affectionate squeeze along the back of his bicep. It reminded the brownrider of simpler times, when he worried not about Chaun, and Sid'nis remained the ever loyal friend. The thought brought a smile to his face as he stepped to the table in silence and poured himself a new drink. He could not allow this moment to slip past him once again. Only after a warming sip did he speak of those things on his mind. "We never did speak again after the last feast we attended-" He made a glance at his glass, and then offered it in toast to Sid'nis "-May we not repeat the same mistake twice."
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 pm

"Ah yes, of course. My apologies,"

"It's alright. Don't apologize. Honestly, I would love a good glass of wine with you...but I've made promises." Sid said with a small smile. He did try to keep his promises, though this one was proving a harder one to keep than others. He had never really understood addictions before. He took fellis more often than the average person thanks to his migraines and had never gotten hooked on it the way some could, but now he understood.

A small smile set his dimples deeper into his cheeks as Mul'rec's hand squeezed his arm. He couldn't help but move a little closer to the touch. It reminded him of the old times...when things were far simpler. Before things had become more complicated. He basked in that feeling of nostalgia as they walked to the wine table.

"We never did speak again after the last feast we attended-" He made a glance at his glass, and then offered it in toast to Sid'nis "-May we not repeat the same mistake twice."

The smile on his face faded a bit as mention of the last feast was mentioned. Nonetheless, he raised his glass and clinked it against Mul'rec's before taking a sip. "No...we didn't." Sid looked around at the crowded and loud dining hall. "Would you like to step outside? It's a bit crowded in here." He asked, but it was also his way of letting his friend know that he was willing to talk about it if he wanted.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 am

"It's alright. Don't apologize. Honestly, I would love a good glass of wine with you...but I've made promises."

As a man who tried to keep his own, Mul'rec understood the importance of Sid'nis' word. He respected it.

With the toast, Mul'rec took note of shadow of regret that claimed part of Sid'nis' smile. The brownrider had not intended to upset him, though it seemed the bluerider bounced back quick enough to meet the lips of their glasses in a gentle, ringing kiss.

"No...we didn't."

To be fair, the brownrider thought Sid'nis had made his intentions clear enough. When Mul'rec recognised his feelings for the man would remain unrequited, Mul'rec withdrew from the bluerider to let him cultivate a new life apart from Mul'rec and the trouble he had caused him. Over the turns, the brownrider moved on, busying himself with work and life, and while he found the occasional body to warm his bed, he never allowed his heart to beat for another again. Now, without the distraction of his family, Mul'rec had a moment to appreciate the man. He noted every detail of the bluerider's countenance, the change of his hair, the marks on his skin... Sid'nis had changed, and yet just under the surface, he was still the same man Mul'rec had always cared for. It was enough to stir an old warmth, though Mul'rec refused to acknowledge it for the meantime... especially with A'rosius not far from them.

After everything the bluerider had done for his family, Mul'rec felt it was the least he could do.

"Would you like to step outside? It's a bit crowded in here."

One last pensive glance was spared to the bluerider from across the hall. With A'rosius distracted, Mul'rec conceded. "Yes." With a gesture of his hand, he indicated to Sid'nis to lead the way for them both.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 am

Sid'nis couldn't say that he was a man with few regrets, but one of his biggest was not searching Mul'rec out after that Feast to talk to him. Really, there was no excuse for it. Even if that night had not ended in a positive note the brownrider had been his closest friend and he deserved more than the silence Sid had given to him. Would Sid say that he regretted his decision that night? No and even if he did it wasn't as if he could change it. He had thought that Mul'rec didn't care for him in the way that he did and after accepting that he'd moved on and found love with Ambr. He had a beautiful daughter from that decision, so no...he didn't regret it.

"Yes."

He released a breath he didn't know he had been holding. Was he really concerned that Mul'rec would tell him no? Perhaps...but confidence was not something he had in excess at the moment. Silently he lead them through the throngs of people to the exit. The air felt less oppressive once reaching the yard and not being around so many people. Sid kept walking, wanting to make sure they were far enough away that the random soul wouldn't happen upon them and distract them from their conversation.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a tin of smokes. Knowing that Mul'rec was a smoker as well he offered them to him first. "They're not the best, honestly. My fault for buying cheap instead of good, but you're welcome to one if you."
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:57 pm

As they departed, Sabren shot ahead to scan the crowd. Her diligence provided Mul'rec with a much desired distraction, for as he walked alongside the bluerider in silence, he began to realise his motives for accepting the offer had not been entirely pure. With A'rosius' uncanny gaze hindering Mul'rec's own interactions with Sid'nis, the brownrider realised he needed some reprieve, and preferably a private word with Sid'nis without the judgement of his former weyrmate boring into the back of the brownrider's skull. Yet this did not mean Mul'rec intended to take advantage of Sid'nis in A'rosius' absence. Instead, the brownrider told himself that he wanted to rekindle his friendship with the man, without A'rosius' looming illations hanging upon his conscience, even in the face of innocence.

The little gold firelizard shot up the corridor, leading to the outside world, and once more told himself he acted on the desire of friendship. Rather than think of the warmth of Sid'nis at his side, Mul'rec focused on the cool of the wind blow against Sabren's wingsails, and the twist of her body shoot higher for the sky, he thought of the open starlit sky rather than the accidental brush of his fingers against the blurider's hip. His conscience was not entirely convinced.

I would not disapprove if you made a second attempt at Sid'nis' affections, Galuth assured his rider.

The remark jolted the brownrider from his meditative state, earning the brown a reproving thought, though Mul'rec kept his countenance neutral. No, Galuth. I only just regained my friendship with him. I do not desire to lose it again.

The brown knew better than to respond, which did not settle well with his rider.

Once outside, Sid'nis did well to offer the man a cigarette. Torn and frayed by the thoughts that warred within him, it was a welcome gesture, no matter the quality of the offering. "They're not the best, honestly. My fault for buying cheap instead of good, but you're welcome to one if you."

"Thank you," Mul'rec replied. Fingers plucked a rolled up cigarette with finesse. He placed the smoke between his lips, and procured the matches to light it before turning to light Sid'nis' own. The warmth that smouldered in his lungs and clouded his mind was a far more effective distraction than his meditations on Sabren who now perched herself on the crags of the cliff face. Rather than say a word, Mul'rec bid his time, and enjoyed his vice. It was safer than uttering the words of uncertainty and regret that brood in his thoughts.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:47 pm

"You're welcome." Sid'nis said as he leaned in to accept the light from Mul'rec's match. He took a deep inhale and allowed the heat of the smoke to fill his lungs. It wasn't the most pleasant of tasting cigarettes. The ones he had bought before had tasted much better, but these were doing the trick to calm his nerves a little. Yes, his heart was beating a little faster than normal in his chest. It was silly, he thought, for him to be a bit trepidatious of this private talk with his friend. It was the not knowing what Mul'rec was really thinking that made him the most curious.

Sid moved to lean against the stone as he slowly blew the smoke out in slow twirls above his head. His bright blue eyes looked between the yard and Mul'rec. He couldn't help but appreciate the man's countenance, his physique, every little detail about him. It didn't matter if his visage was already set in the stone of Sid's unescapable mind. He was sure he would never grow tired of looking at him. That, of course, brought up all the feelings harbored through the turns for the brownrider. He'd thought when he had chose Ambr that those feelings would finally let him go...apparently he was wrong. They'd merely been silent this whole time.

A small laugh escaped him. "I'm sorry....I am a bit lost on how to even begin this conversation. I suppose I should say I'm sorry....you should not have had to wait this long before we did discuss what happened." Sid said as he hung his head and looked at his feet.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 am

"I'm sorry....I am a bit lost on how to even begin this conversation. I suppose I should say I'm sorry....you should not have had to wait this long before we did discuss what happened."

If Sid'nis hoped the brownrider might make it easy for him to come forward about the events of that night turns ago, he would quickly find himself mistaken. Mul'rec kept those feels close to the heart, for all he sought resolution for them. After that night when the bluerider sided with A'rosius over himself, the brownrider told himself to move on, and move on he had, busying himself in work and family. Still, he remembered that night and what could have been, often regretting what he had done and dreaming of a different outcome.

However, for all his hesitations, Mul'rec would not react with flippant disregard towards Sid'nis, especially with A'rosius in mind. He knew the bluerider remained at unease with him, perhaps even loathed him. Yet despite that lingering resentment, A'rosius found it in his heart to be the man Mul'rec had needed at his side when the world had gone to the void. The bluerider guarded his family, saved Enide, and stood up to the Weyrleaders. For those reasons alone, A'rosius had earned Mul'rec's loyalty.

So where did that leave him with Sid'nis?

Apparently, for all his so-called loyalty, it left him in Sid'nis company where the noble-hearted bluerider could not watch them, and judge Mul'rec accordingly. The brownrider took a long drag of his cigarette, and puffed out a perfect smoke ring. "It was a long time ago," he answered, deciding to rely on the same answer. Eyes fasted on the horizon rather than on the bluerider at his side. "You made a choice, and I accepted it. There is nothing more to say on the matter." What was done, was done. No need to dwell on those things that could not change, even if regret clouded the decisions of the past that led to them.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 am

"It was a long time ago," he answered, deciding to rely on the same answer. Eyes fasted on the horizon rather than on the bluerider at his side. "You made a choice, and I accepted it. There is nothing more to say on the matter."

"Yes, it was a long time ago and there isn't anything that can be done, even if it was wanted, to change it." Sid agreed easily. "I can't say that the decision I made was right or wrong...I'm starting to think there really isn't right or wrong answers unless they are blaringly obvious, but sadly life isn't so black and white." He was rambling a bit, he knew, but he couldn't help it. "But regardless, I am sorry if I hurt you." The bluerider said with sincerity before he took a deep drag and let the smoke out slowly.

"I guess...perhaps...it is better to just let the past stay behind us. Speak no more of it. Really...all I truly care about now is where do we go from here." Sid said honestly. Each word he spoke gave him more and more courage to speak the next one. Though, this was Mul'rec he was speaking to, he'd never found it hard to speak with the man even on the most difficult of topics. "You're my oldest and one of my closest of friends, Mul'rec. I don't want to lose that again. Ever. I....I care about you too much to let more turns slip by us without even so much as speaking to one another."

If Mul'rec thought he heard the echoes of something in those four little words 'I care about you' he would not have been mistaken. While it was certainly true that Sid cared for him, he had given up awhile ago that the man would ever fully care for him the way he'd always wished.
Image Image Image Image