Fancy Some Food? - Kate | A'ric

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:09 am

"Well if you had to meet one person from your Wing, the Wingleader would be the best one."

"If you really think that, then you haven't flown with my uncle, Ar'vis," she smiled at him with a bit of laughter in her eyes. Even as a child, she was amused by the way the man could make people piss themselves. However, as an adult, she understood why. Ar'vis was a fair leader, and a worthy one. He may have scared some men shitless, but it was because they needed to be scared. When thread fell, their lives depended on their Wingleader, and their ability to follow them.

"Hopefully when you meet the rest of your Wing, you like them just as much as you like Ay'li." Solai recognised his tone, thus she could not help but smirk back in turn. "If you don't you can always transfer to my Wing if they will let you."

"My my my... aren't we eager," she spoke with a playful smile. Glass in hand, she swirled the content as she had done with wine... a silly little habit, she knew, but she did it regardless. The greenrider did it to bide her time as she thought on her next words, worrying at her bottom lip all the while. Had the circumstances been different, she may even have allowed for a coy chase to transpire between their eyes. Instead, she kept those autumn orbs fastened upon him. "You're cute, too cute to be my Wingleader. So maybe it's better I stay put right where I am." She danced her brows at him and sipped at her water.
Kate

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Ar'vis, that name, is was VERY familiar to A'ric. When K'din had selected him for the position of Wingthird in Silver Dusk, Ar'vis had been the Wingsecond. While it was true what she said, Ar'vis could be a hard person to deal with, A'ric had never really had any problem with him. Maybe he had just never been one of the ones that Ar'vis felt the need to scare, or maybe he just hadn't scared easy. Chuckling he said, "Oh I flew with Ar'vis many times when he was the Wingsecond and then Wingleader in Silver Dusk. Never really thought he was all that scary though. Well, not to me. Other riders were always scared of him. Once in a while I would think he was a little scary, when he was pushing me and Behemoth, but I know there were some riders in the Wing who really were scared of him." Smiling for a moment he couldn't help but laugh. "I always liked watching them squirm when he was around. He was one of a kind, and sometimes I wish I could run the Wing like he did, but I just try my best and leave it at that."

Smirking a little, the bronze rider shook his head ever so slightly. "Well I guess? I just always like getting new people in my Wing. Makes things more interesting, and it always adds something we didn't have before." It was true enough. A'ric had found, even though he felt he still had much more to learn, that every person brought something to the Wing, and no two people brought the same thing. It was always good to have new and different people in your Wing.

Eyes shot to her as she called him cute, and he smiled. "Well, thank you for the compliment about being cute. At least I know people still think that about me? As for that, if Im THAT cute, why are you good where you are?" The last part said with just a bit of teasing once more.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shaihulud

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Solai chuckled in turn as he laughed over the memories of her uncle Ar'vis. The greenrider would be a liar if she said she was not immensely enjoying their conversation. A'ric was good company with his easy-going temperament that suited her for the evening after a stressful transfer.

Moving was the worst.

"Well I guess? I just always like getting new people in my Wing. Makes things more interesting, and it always adds something we didn't have before."

Another chuckle slipped from her as she enjoyed her wine and conversation, only for A'ric to respond to her flirt in his own teasing manner.

"Well, thank you for the compliment about being cute. At least I know people still think that about me? As for that, if I'm THAT cute, why are you good where you are?"

A smile curled along the corner of her mouth as she regarded the bronzerider. She heard his question, but once more did not respond immediately. Instead, she met his gaze and let him marinaded in curiosity before she answered. "It doesn't seem like the brightest idea mixing business with pleasure-" she swirled the content of her glass as she watched him for a moment, letting him think on what she just said, and take it as he pleased "-I need to focus on threadfall, not the cute guy trying to lead me through it. Besides, if you like me that much, you don't need me to be in your wing to enjoy my company." She took another sip of her glass. "You just have to ask."
Kate

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:02 am

Hearing the chuckle, A'ric tried not to let a smile play on his face, although he was pretty sure he failed at that. The bronze rider had figured it might be amusing to Solai to know that there was at least one person here in New Atricis who wasn't completely scared of her Uncle Ar'vis. Seeing her smile made him feel good, he liked being the nice guy. When you were new somewhere (although Solai had been here when she was a child), you always wondered if you were going to make friends. Realistically, you never met someone who became your friend on the first day in a new place. Luckily for Solai, it seemed that she had made a friend. Well actually, A'ric had made a friend, as well. Or at least, he hoped he had.

Another smile made its way onto his handsome features as he heard the next thing that Solai said. Work and pleasure separate huh? Well, he and Kit had had no problem with that when they had started, well, whatever it was the had. When that had first started, A'ric had assumed he would not be able to keep things separate, but he had been pleasantly surprised when he had been able to. Shrugging he said, "We wouldn't be mixing business with pleasure. Trust me, I know how to separate the two." Of course, he said this in a teasing tone, knowing that nothing would probably ever happen anyway.

Thinking for a moment, his dark eyes looked at her before he nodded, getting a bit more serious. " I know what you mean though, about wanting to concentrate on Threadfall." After a moment of thinking, he smirked and added playfully, "Maybe you're right, I wouldn't want to distract you with my good looks."

Taking another sip of his drink he found himself smiling and nodding. "Well, I'll certainly remember that. Honestly, I usually don't have much free time, so I probably won't ask you very much, but I'll try and remember the offer regardless."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Shaihulud

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 am

Solai satisfied herself with the fact he understood her concern, until that cock of a bronzerider piqued her curiosity.

"Maybe you're right, I wouldn't want to distract you with my good looks."

The remark earned him a look of incredulity, and perhaps a touch of amusement. It seemed the mingling of beer and conversation was finally withering away at his boundaries, exposing him for the bronzerider he was.

"Well, I'll certainly remember that. Honestly, I usually don't have much free time, so I probably won't ask you very much, but I'll try and remember the offer regardless."

She bit at her lower lip in response as she weighed the content in her following reply. Did she tow the line by flirting with him, or did she cut A'ric off? An adult would have chosen the latter. However, at only eighteen, Solai could only show so much self-restraint. "You really are a cocky bronzerider aren't you?" Before he might take offence, she offered him a devious smile. "Were you like that before you Impressed? Or did you only recently recognise your good looks?" She grinned and took another sip, this time finishing her glass of water.
Kate

Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:38 am

A'ric couldn't help but chuckle to himself as he saw the look on the green rider's face as he spoke. Normally he wasn't like this. The only other time he had ever really been like this was with Kit when they had first met, but only because Kit used to mess back with him, just like Solai did. it just brought back memories, and made him feel like that again. It felt good, but maybe it was mostly because he knew nothing was going to happen because Solai was not that type of girl. Or at least from what she had said, he didn't think she was anyway.

Shrugging he said, "I doubt I'm any more cocky than any other bronze rider around here. Certainly not more cocky than my dragon. That I know. He's the most arrogant, cocky bronze out there." They say that riders rubbed off on their dragons, and vice versa, but it was now that A'ric truly saw it. Somehow, he had gained more confidence, became more cocky.

Shaking his head and laughing he thought for a moment. "Honestly, I always knew that I was good looking, I just, never took advantage of it like some guys. I never really thought much about it, never paid attention. After I Impressed Behemoth, I started to care a little more I guess. I still try not to have that type of ego usually, but sometimes it comes out, no matter what I do."

Smirking a bit he finished by saying, "Why? Is it good or something if I was like that before?"
Shaihulud

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:45 am

"I doubt I'm any more cocky than any other bronze rider around here. Certainly not more cocky than my dragon. That I know. He's the most arrogant, cocky bronze out there."

"Yeah, uh-huh," she mocked him with a cock of her brows and a cross of her arms. As she eased back into her seat, she revealed a broad humorous smile. A'ric made it far too easy to tease.

As the bronzerider spoke on, Scarletto took Solai's new posture as an invitation for snuggles. The little rose red fancy flit stepped his way down to her shoulder to nuzzle into a ball along the curve of her neck that stretched from ear to shoulder. Reaching up, Solai stroked his suede soft back and danced fingers along the fine feathers of his shoulders and neck.

"Honestly, I always knew that I was good looking, I just, never took advantage of it like some guys. I never really thought much about it, never paid attention. After I Impressed Behemoth, I started to care a little more I guess. I still try not to have that type of ego usually, but sometimes it comes out, no matter what I do."

He might not think he sounded smug, but the smugness was all Solai could hear. It was not to say A'ric was wrong about his appearance. The rough outline of his face, the weight of his brows, the generosity of his mouth, and that head of thick golden curls he sported certainly made him look appealing. It also did not help that he had a rather handsome physique, though she did her best not to give away the fact that she had taken note of it.

"Why? Is it good or something if I was like that before?"

She gave an initial shrug before she answered with the glint of mirth in her eyes. "Whether or not you were before, you are definitely a humble brag now." Before he might take offence, she could not help but respond with a small string of laughter, only to ease a hand up in apology. "Sorry sorry. I have to tease you A'ric. You make it way to easy." Eyes popped about the dining hall before fastening upon him with a particular devious spark in them. "So what do you do for fun here in the Weyr? When you're not drilling the fuck out of your wing." She marked the final word with a playful wink before he might take her too seriously, and gave a pat to Scarletto's rump.

The fancy flit answered with a trill.
Kate

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 am

By now, A'ric was used to being teased, messed with. It never really bothered him, because usually he could tease and mess with everyone right back. As Solai leaned back and grinned at him, he just teasingly rolled his eyes back at her.

For a moment, the bronze rider's eyes took in the young flit that Solai was now stroking. It reminded him of his flits, although now days, they came by when they wanted to, and only cuddled with him once in a while. Both of them were older now, so they kind of just went off and did whatever they wanted. A'ric was ok with that, as long as they came around every couple days just to let him know that they were still doing ok.

Ok, so there was no denying that A'ric had most certainly got a bit of an ego after impressing to Behemoth, but he really did try not to let it shine through too much. Having confidence in yourself was one thing, but having a huge ego was a complete other story. "Well, I'm sorry. I try not to be. But then again, even if I am, I guess that just means I fit in with most of the other bronze riders around here then huh?"

Ignoring the part about him making it too easy to joke and tease him, he thought about what she said next. "Well, usually after drills I spend time with Kit and Viktor. Sometimes I'll go have a couple drinks with some friends, but that's about it. I'm usually too swamped with paperwork and such. Plus, I like spending as much time with Viktor as I can." He had purposefully ignored her comment about training the Wing to hard, for he knew she was teasing.

"Why do you ask? Do you have something in mind?"
Shaihulud

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:36 pm

The fact A'ric ignored her remark about teasing his ego only earned the bronzerider the gentle rumble of a light chuckle. Maybe he was not the fondest of the greenrider's teases, or he did not want attention drawn to the fact he made it that easy for her. Either way, Solai would continue to have her fun with him.

"Well, usually after drills I spend time with Kit and Viktor. Sometimes I'll go have a couple drinks with some friends, but that's about it. I'm usually too swamped with paperwork and such. Plus, I like spending as much time with Viktor as I can. Why do you ask? Do you have something in mind?"

She bit at her lower lip in deliberation, wondering if she should play with him so mercilessly. Such thoughts caused a delay in her answer, though she liked to think it was well worth the wait, considering the suggestion. "I wanted to go swimming," she began, only to test him further. "Right now, wearing nothing more than I did when I came into this world." Honestly, in a weyr it should not have been that big of a deal, though people could be such prudes sometimes. Was he one of them? "Want to live life a little bit outside your routine and join me for a swim?"

If he thought she was daring him, he would be right.
Kate

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:43 pm

For a moment, it seemed to the bronze rider like the two of them were just trying to figure out where the other person stood. Well, not really in a bad way though. A'ric was kind of wondering exactly how much teasing Solai planned on dishing out. Not that he couldn't handle it, he just kind of wanted to make sure he paid attention, incase there came a point where she wasn't teasing him anymore. Part of him hoped she wouldn't stop, as he was kind of liking the little game between them, but there was also a part of him that had this nagging feeling that something was going to go wrong.

And there it was. Honestly, the young man hated that nagging feeling in the back of his mind. Maybe that's why he was so easy to tease? He never wanted to make anyone upset, and for some reason, there was always that small part of him that always thought that if something COULD go wrong, it would. As much as he had gotten better about thinking like that, he still did. It annoyed him, and it annoyed Behemoth. There had been multiple times when the big bronze had to get on his rider's case.

Shoving those thoughts to the back of his mind, he brought himself back to the conversation just in time to hear Solai speak once more. For a moment, dark eyes just stared at her. Had she really just said what he thought she had? Again, all he could do was stare at her for the time being. Finally, he seemed to find his voice and said, "Um, well, I." A blush crept onto his face, and he had to stop. Finally he continued, "I guest wouldn't kill me now would it? So...sure, why not?"

Of course, the man was still a bit shocked, but he knew the young woman had a point. He did need to start having a life. Viktor and Kit would be there later, he would see them then. Taking the last few sips of his ale he smiled. "Ok, I'm ready when you are"