Fancy Some Food? - Kate | A'ric

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Marks: 218.00 [Donate]

Re: Fancy Some Food? - Kate | A'ric

Postby Shaihulud » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 pm

”Well that’s always a good thing to do. I never wanted to put myself out there or try anything until I impressed to Behemoth. After that it was like I came out of my shell or something like that.”

What did she say to something like that? Since she had Impressed so young, it was not like Solai really knew anything about sex until long after she Impressed Tyreth. Before that, all she shared was a childhood kiss with Arendian.

When Solai noted that her remark prompted a blush, she could not help but grin in response as he elaborated on his private life. The more he spoke, however, the more her grin waned, until she looked to him in dismay.

”Well, honestly it’s the first one. Actually it’s not that I want her and she doesn’t want me, she does, it’s just, she is not really the settling down type. I don’t know if that will change or not but I do have feelings for her, and she is the mother of my son. I just want to give her some time for Victors sake. Maybe she will come around and we can b an actual family. I know it probably sounds weird to you, helll it even sounds weird to me but there is just, something about her that makes me not want to give up without a fight. I know that might mean getting my heart stepped on, but I honestly think that Kit is worth it.”

Her brow even began to furrow. "Well that's hardly fair. If she really wanted you and actually cared, she'd stop messing around." If people wanted open relationships, Solai was not going to pass judgement on them, but both parties needed to consent in her opinion. Otherwise, it boiled down to one person asking the other to sacrifice without giving anything in turn. Solai would have apologised for her bluntness, but only of she had been in the wrong. "It doesn't sound weird to me, we live in a Weyr for Faranth's sake. I just, it irritates me that there are people who think just because they live in a weyr that open relationships are accepted by everyone, so they think they can do whatever the hell they want without consequence. But they never stop to consider that their actions can still hurt people, even weyrbred ones. It's just an excuse to be fucking selfish." She sat back and whirled the content of her glass, only to take a long gulp of it. "If Kit was worth it, she'd give you an answer one way or another instead of leading you on to think you stand a chance."

The name Ivryn came to mind when Solai thought about open relationships and polyamory. Several months into Solai's transfer, Ivryn had found someone else. The bluerider suggested an open relationship to Solai... only to reveal she had been treating their relationship as one ever since Solai had transferred. Ivryn attempted to shaming Solai into accepting her "nature', reminding Solai that she came from a weyr and should have been more "progressive" about her views of love and sex, but when it became quickly apparent that Solai did not play that way, Ivryn left her to enjoy her liberties back in Atricis. Devastated, Solai wondered if she might have been in the wrong. Over time, and with much inner reflection, she came to realise the Ivryns and Kits of the world only used open relationships as an excuse to cheat without consequence.

Kate
Marks: 10239.00 [Donate]

Postby Kate » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 am

Actually, A'ric had always been interested in one thing, and that was Impressing a dragon. That was why he had left Benden and came here. Why he had left his friends and family. It had been all that was on his mind. After he had Impressed though, Behemoth had helped him open up. While A'ric would never get an ego even half the size of Behemoth's, his dragon's confidence in their team actually helped A'ric boost his own confidence as well. Even with the new found confidence though, he had never really been a ladies man. Well, he had to admit, at least what he pictured a ladies man as. Sometimes he could think of the right thing to say, and Kit seemed to think he was a good lover since she tended to just find him over and over. Other than that though, he was not the smooth talker that he knew some of the other guys around the Weyr were.

As Solai spoke those words, dark eyes looked at her, studying her for a moment. Appreciating her opinion he just smiled and kind of nodded. "I've had the same thought. I just haven't quiet figured out a way to sit down and talk to her about it. Every time I try and bring it off, I just decide it's not the right time, and keep my mouth shut." Was he ashamed to admit it? Not really, but he did know that this was not the best way to be handling it.

A'ric picked up his drink once more as the green rider spoke again. Honestly, the bronze rider was glad she didn't think this was weird. They did live in a Weyr. And not everyone was together with someone. Even if they were, especially during Flights, they were with other people, and everything always seemed to turn out just fine. Not even bothering to take a drink, he set the glass back down. "An open relationship, is probably what she wants, yes. What would make her happy. Actually, this whole thing started as just a casual thing. Turned into spending Flights together, and then we had Viktor. I know she's been hurt before, even though she never really talks about it. I just get the feeling, and I think honestly, that's why I dont bring up my feelings to her. I think that is what is stopping me."

A'ric knew that Kit still sought out other people sometimes, but it was mostly when she wanted to run or forget about her past relationships. Hell, she even did it to him sometimes. If he tried to talk to her about it, the zultanite rider always seemed to turn it into something else. Shrugging a bit he said, "You know, I understand where you are coming from, but I've seen how Kit has changed, and I can't help but feel like maybe I can make her forget whatever it was that happened if I give her enough time. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking that, but aren't I just as bad as the last person if I just walk out on her?"

Taking a drink, he looked at Solai once more and shrugged. "Sorry, I don't mean to just dump all that on you. It's probably a little awkward since we don't really know each other that I'm telling you all of this." The bronze rider did feel a bit awkward talking to openly with someone he had just met, but at the same time, he already felt like Solai was someone he could trust, and she would quickly become a friend of his. At least he hoped she would anyway.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Shaihulud
Marks: 218.00 [Donate]

Postby Shaihulud » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:57 pm

"I've had the same thought. I just haven't quite figured out a way to sit down and talk to her about it. Every time I try and bring it off, I just decide it's not the right time, and keep my mouth shut."

"Maybe it's time to change that," Solai said without hesitation and little shame. Why should she feel guilt over saying what needed to be said, especially to a man who clearly knew what he wanted, but was too afraid to pursue it?

"An open relationship, is probably what she wants, yes. What would make her happy. Actually, this whole thing started as just a casual thing. Turned into spending Flights together, and then we had Viktor. I know she's been hurt before, even though she never really talks about it. I just get the feeling, and I think honestly, that's why I dont bring up my feelings to her. I think that is what is stopping me."

Everything he uttered only made her blood boil. If he really did not like it, then he should not have to resign himself. In protecting her, he only harmed himself. Solai could have said something along the lines of he needed to stop making excuses for this woman, but instead, she held her tongue and let him continue.

"You know, I understand where you are coming from, but I've seen how Kit has changed, and I can't help but feel like maybe I can make her forget whatever it was that happened if I give her enough time. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking that, but aren't I just as bad as the last person if I just walk out on her?"

If A'ric asked Solai to show some sympathy to this Kit, he would get none from her. There was a reason Solai never got involved with people like Kit anymore. Sure they were fun for a single night, but they were a disaster in the long run.

"Sorry, I don't mean to just dump all that on you. It's probably a little awkward since we don't really know each other that I'm telling you all of this."

"Obviously it's been on your mind for some time," Solai replied, once more without hesitation. "I can warn you all I want, tell you to dump the woman and move on... but really that's your choice to make. Just don't ask me to tell you everything is going to be okay. I've met this Kit's type before, and it never turns out well for people like you and me." Even if this Kit conceded to A'ric, it did not mean she would be faithful. "They want their tender cut, and a side of wherry and pork to go with it, but that's too much meat on the plate for my taste." For all Solai knew how to enjoy herself, she also knew how to love a single person with all her heart. Solai was bitter for the fact that Ivryn refused to do the same. For some people, one would never be enough.

Return to “Dining Hall”