Caught Me Slipping | Parker/Fox

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Kyser

Thu May 24, 2018 12:07 am

Ed'wyn had just finished up eating his food. He'd scoffed it down pretty quickly by his standards, he was absolutely starving when he had walked into the dining hall previously and had been looking forward to dinner the entire day. He'd been doing a lot of exercise today, it didn't take long for him to start to burn off what he had for lunch. After his entire meal was finished, Ed'wyn put down his knife and fork onto the food tray and stood up, brushing off his t-shirt and adjusting his long sleeves so that they covered up his wrists. Making his way over to where the dirty plates were dumped, Ed'wyn cleaned up his plates and placed his tray down, taking a look around. He didn't come into the hall with anyone originally, he never did. He mostly sat on his own unless the only free spot was at a full table...But that was okay.

Now that he was making his way out the hall, Ed'wyn spotted a familiar face. His mouth somewhat opened in awe as his bright blue eyes landed upon Niomi. The candidate he had met whilst she was talking to Aikerath. His pace slowed down a little and he kept his eyes on her, she looked great. Her hair was down and Ed'wyn couldn't help but pick up on every detail of her face he could from the other side of the hall. However, after a couple seconds he caught onto how he probably looked and closed his mouth, not wanting to look like a complete creep to anyone who picked up on it, or worse...Niomi.

With his 'composure' regained, Ed'wyn made the final few steps to the door way, his eyes still on Niomi but breaking away to see where he was walking now too. He wasn't brave enough to go say hi, she hadn't spotted him yet so he'd just keep walking. He didn't want to interupt. Sadly, life decided it wanted to give Niomi a reason to notice Ed'wyn. Not a nice one, a horribly embarrassing one. One that'd make him want to crawl into a hole and hide in it. Someone had dropped some drink and Ed'wyn hadn't spotted it, his foot landed on it and instantly slid through it and he lost his balance. Luckily, he wasn't in the middle of the hall and was in the door way but he made an 'oof' noise when he hit the floor. His cheeks went bright red instantly and he tried to ignore the sound of laughter that came from behind him, he didn't even want to look. As quick as he could, Ed'wyn stood up and rushed out the door, getting a few steps down the corridor before slouching back on the wall. "Come on Ed'wyn! That was so uncool. How will she like me now? I'm such a clumsy clutz! Ugh!" Ed'wyn groaned out, slamming his foot back on the wall behind him, his hands going up to hold his face which was still bright red. His tone of voice was pretty loud, those in the corridor close by would almost certainly hear him, but the people in the hall wouldn't. That is if they weren't still laughing.
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu May 24, 2018 3:36 pm

It had been a long day and Fox couldn't honestly say he was in the best of moods. It'd just been one of those days that had been rather shitty for no Faranth damn good reason. He wanted to go home and snuggle with his short stack on the couch. Maybe drink a little wine, smoke a good cigar, and read, but thanks to one of his pranks he had watch duty tonight. That he didn't regret. It had been a good prank and the fact he got caught was his own damn fault, so he would take the punishment, he just really wished he could go home to be with his love tonight. At least it was just one night and it was just watch duty. Yes, it was boring as all get out, but he'd rather do that than have to clean the latrines.

He'd gone to drills then went home to get in a quick nap before watch duty, then he'd gone to the dining hall for some food before he had to head up to the heights. The meal, at the very least, was absolutely delicious and he decided to go ahead and have that glass of wine even if he wasn't snuggled on the couch with his short stack. He even had a cigar tucked in a pocket to enjoy while he stood up on the heights all night. A part of him wondered why dragons still stood watch when they had the Pack and the night whers to guard the weyr, but he supposed they still had to have some form of punishment for delinquent riders such as himself. Once he finished up eating he stood to deposit his plates with the dirty ones, then he began to head out.

"Come on Ed'wyn! That was so uncool. How will she like me now? I'm such a clumsy clutz! Ugh!"

It was only a moment after he'd walked out that he heard a commotion back in the dining hall. Fox didn't think anything of it at first, though his step paused a moment. He was about ready to keep on going, but then the very obvious sound of a man in distress caused him to stop and turn around. He saw a young man with his face held in his hands. Fox knew he had to get to the heights, but he felt bad for the lad, so he stopped and turned around. "You alright there buddy?" He asked kindly. If the man didn't want to talk that was fine, but after his shitty day if he could make someone else's a little less shitty he wanted to. "I'm guessing that commotion in there was you?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kyser

Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm

So this had definitely gone down as one of the top 3 moments where Ed'wyn wished there was a conveniently placed hole to swallow him up for all eternity. One of his most embarrassing moments ever. Within the time of leaning back on the wall, Ed'wyn's body had sunk down onto the hallway floor and his hands were still on his face. Mumbling words like 'why me?' and 'only me...' to himself over and over. That was until he heard a voice coming from his side. Ed'wyn stretched the gap between his middle and index finger, allowing his eye to peer out at the random voice. It seemed safe, wasn't anyone laughing at him or anyone that was hanging around near Niomi.

After a couple moments of awkward silence of Ed'wyn deciding whether or not he could get away with not admitting it was him. However, it seemed as though he was in too deep, especially if this guy had heard him mumbling to himself."Possibly..." Ed'wyn replied back to the guy, slowly removing his hands from his face before resting his hands on his legs. "Slipped on something on the floor, fell over...Pretty girl I know saw it...I think." Ed'wyn continued on, explaining the situation he had landed himself in. No pun intended. "Literally feel like that could only happen to me. It kind of hurt too." Ed'wyn said, adjusting himself on the floor with a small rub of his lower back, trying to get rid of the ache that was there from the fall.
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed May 30, 2018 5:15 am

Fox made a pained face in sympathy for the young man. He'd been young once...had made a fool of himself more than his fair share of times in front of a pretty girl. Shardit, he'd made a fool of himself rather recently in his quest to win J'on's heart...but he'd done so willingly. Granted, he'd always had a healthy dose of never being too embarrassed about any flubs he's ever made. He'd always found a way to laugh at himself and when you could laugh at yourself it really took the sting out of anyone else laughing at you.

He studied the young man a moment longer and then reached a hand down to help him up off his feet. "C'mon kid. Sounds to me like you could use an ear and I'm nosy enough to want to listen. Unfortunately, I also have to get to watch duty or I'll be even more in trouble." His heart was going out to this man. While he couldn't say that he'd be able to help him any, it never hurt to have someone to listen and since he didn't know him and he certainly didn't know who the pretty girl was he was about as unbiased as a person could be.

"First of all...I can promise you, no matter how it feels, shit like that happens to the best of us. Think of the most charismatic, confident, ladies-man you can think of and I promise you...it's happened to them as well." Fox assured him once he was positive the young...greenrider by his knots...was following him.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kyser

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Ed'wyn listened to what the man was saying, removing his hands from his face so he could throw his head back against the wall, his eyes watching the man in front of him. The man said he had watch duty and Ed'wyn gave him a nod, he knew how strict it was when it came to things like that and he didn't want to be the reason another rider ended up getting told off for not having done their duty...Even though he technically was by helping Ed'wyn. Once the man extended out his hand, Ed'wyn met his hand with his own, lifting himself up reluctantly and then giving off a sigh when he was standing. "Thanks." Ed'wyn said, giving the man a small smile before throwing his hands into his pockets.

Incidents like the one Ed'wyn just experienced, really did happen to everyone. He figured it'd probably even happened to Niomi one time, maybe when she was younger. The thought somewhat helped Ed'wyn come to terms with the embarrassment, but didn't make it disappear entirely. "True...But that doesn't mean my little slip won't be the topic of conversation for a lot of people for a while... Including Niomi." Ed'wyn replied as he followed the man, letting him lead the way as at this point, Ed was simply just following for a conversation. He didn't know if the man knew Niomi, but he was going to act as if the man did as it helped when it came to venting. A mutual understanding, which might not actually be mutual.
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:18 am

"You're welcome." Fox said as he gave the lad's back a friendly pat. "By the way, the names F'lin. Most just call me Fox. You're welcome to do so as well. I belong to Bronze Mnenomth and yes, that is the way he would put it as well." He explained, trying to lighten the mood a little bit for the young man. He led him through the halls and out to the weyryard. Mnenomth was waiting for him down the way a bit to take him up to the cliff top. The bronze was too lazy to come over to get him where he was.

"Niomi, eh? That's a pretty name." Fox said with a wide smile as they headed towards his dragon. He had no idea who she was. "Does she know who you are by chance? Or is this a crush from a far sort of thing?" Fox asked curiously. He did warn that he was nosy, so the lad couldn't say he didn't know. "Don't worry. I don't know any Niomi, so your secret is safe with me. Unless you don't want me to keep it a secret. I am rather good about being blatant and loud about things when I'm told to be or when I want to be for myself." Anyone who knew him, knew of all the antics he'd done in order to win over the love of his life. Some of it had been embarrassing, all of it had been loud in some way or another.
Image Image Image Image

Kyser

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:22 am

Ed'wyn gave a weak smile at the pat on the back that had followed him standing up next to the guy, it was somewhat reassuring. Well, it was the 'male' version of reassuring. Men never were very good at this stuff and Ed'wyn was aware of it, but he appreciated the efforts this guy was going to. "Nice to meet you Fox..." Ed'wyn replied softly, giving a small nod and a stronger smile when Fox mentioned the fact he belonged to his dragon. It was an amusing comment. Aikerath didn't share that feeling, she respected her rider and Ed'wyn respected her just as much. They were a team. "I'm Ed'wyn, rider of green Aikerath and she's aware of it." Ed'wyn mused back, deciding to throw his own jokey comment on the stance between himself and his dragon.

Niomi was a pretty name, the girl that held the name was even prettier. He gave a small shrug when he asked if she knew him. "She knows me. We've met a couple times...But it's still a crush from a far. I'm not really the type that ever gets the girl..." Ed'wyn replied, frowning a little as he continued following the bronzerider outside, giving a glance over his dragon when he came into sight. It was an impressive dragon, but Ed'wyn still preferred his own, a biassed opinion. "Definitely keep it a secret please. I'd rather not deal with that conversation when she finds out I like her." Ed'wyn said quickly, his eyes widening briefly at the mention of telling Niomi. He definitely didn't want that.
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Fox chuckled at Ed'wyn's introduction of himself. "Well, at least she is aware of it." He continued on to where he could see his brownish-bronze colored dragon was waiting for them. "That lug of a dragon up ahead is Mnenomth. If you don't mind, you can just hitch a ride up to the top of the cliff with me or we can wait for your green to come get you and bring you up." Fox offered. "Sorry again for dragging you along with me, but pretty sure the higher ups would notice that Mnenomth and I wasn't at our posts immediately. I swear, some people can't just take a joke." The bronzerider felt the need to apologize. Because of his nosiness he was dragging this young man with him up to the heights.

He made a 'hmm' as Ed'wyn explained what the situation was between him and this Niomi. Crushes from a far...he'd had a few of those in his younger turns. "Well, yeah, you never get the girl if it's a crush from a far. That whole little bit about being from a far prevents the crush from becoming more than that. Trust me on that one." If a person didn't know that there were feelings involved then it was unlikely, most times near impossible, for a romance to bloom and blossom. "Hey, don't worry, man...you're secret is safe with me. I'm not going let the feline out of the bag. Though...I do think you should think about telling her." Fox said as they got to Mnenomth. He paused as he waited for Ed'wyn's decision to ride up with him and Mnenomth or wait on his green.
Image Image Image Image

Kyser

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Ed'wyn followed Fox down to the bronze dragon that was in front of them, he was certainly larger than Aikerath but for some reason, Ed'wyn had a feeling he'd prefer Aikerath's smaller size. Easier to manage and it made her quicker. "Aikerath should be here sometime soon, she's not far." Ed'wyn said as he took a look around and then to the direction he thought he left Aikerath in. She sometimes liked to wander if Ed was gone for too long, that is when she wasn't sleeping or relaxing.

"Thanks." Ed'wyn replied when he mentioned he wasn't going to tell anyone that he had feeling for Niomi. Ed wasn't exactly the most public person, if something like this got out, he might have to fly away on Aikerath and just not return. Set up home in one of the mountains...What could go wrong? "Yeah I can't see her taking a shining to me if I tell her...She's way out of my league...Besides, she has this friend who's ridiulously good looking. Like as if he was blessed as a kid. I can't compete with that." Ed'wyn continued on, the sound of Aikerath's wings getting closer and closer behind him until she landed behind him. "Good to see you're finally done, Ed." Aikerath muttered, with a small nudge of Ed's back which caused him to roll his eyes.
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:07 pm

F'lin leaned against Mnenomth's leg as they waited for Ed'wyn's green. The brownish bronze leaned his head down and sniffed at his rider's already messy hair, making it even more of a mess. Fox didn't seem to mind though. This had been a habit of his bronze since he was a weyrling. Though, when the bronze was young his habit was to chew on his rider's hair. It took a bit for him to get Mnenomth to switch from actually chewing on his hair to just sniffing it. Honestly, if Mnenomth hadn't also tugged on his hair when he chewed on it, Fox would have let him continue...but the bigger Mnenomth got the more the tugging hurt.

"C'mon, don't sell yourself short. You're not a bad looking guy yourself." That was merely an honest observation and not him being flirtatious. "Besides, looks isn't all that matters and if they are all that matters to her...then, my friend, you can do better." He didn't care for people who only cared about looks. He'd known quite a few like that and honestly...he thought it was silly. Looks didn't always stay, so why would that be the thing a person was most attracted to? Personality, humor, what they cared for...that was far more important. "You know...I had to fight tooth and nail to win over the love of my life. I almost gave up too, at one point, as I really didn't think I was ever going to get through to him, but...I'm so glad now that I didn't quit. The best things in life are worth fighting for."

When his green landed, Mnenomth gave her a trill in greeting.
Image Image Image Image