Old Acquaintances Met Anew { Tag } Talonflame/Kyrielle

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Marks: 1388.00 [Donate]

Old Acquaintances Met Anew { Tag } Talonflame/Kyrielle

Postby Ember » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Duke was no where near ready to finish eating, and yet he wasn't ready to get up yet either. He was at that point where he was rather content to be where he was, somewhat buzzed on drink and food, and enjoying the conversation flowing around him. He heard Wojoth clicking his tongue at the back of his mind and rolled his eyes, though he knew the dragon only meant well. It was simply in Wojoth's nature to be that way, and he would never hold it against his dragon at any point in time.

Especially when things just felt so... perfect. Ever since their transfer, life just felt so good, so grand. He wouldn't say that things felt complete. He didn't think they ever would again. He'd lost the chance for them to ever be like that again when his chance to be a father and have a family had been severed from him. While he knew, logically, he didn't need those things to have a sense of wholeness, for him it was integral. He grabbed his mug of ale and shrugged mentally. Maybe it was that some men were simply not allowed to have some things in exchange for the dragon that they rode. If that were the case, then he would just have to learn to live with the fact because he would pick Wojoth each and every time over anything else that would come his way.

You should stop drinking. You've had a bit too much. With the Wing or otherwise. Eventually even the Weyrleader will tell you that you've had enough.

Duke shook his head, because he knew he hadn't been drinking that much. If he had, he wouldn't be able to understand what Wojoth was saying, he wouldn't be able to respond clearly either. I'm fne, Wojoth, I promise you that. I'm just relaxed and enjoying myself with a few drinks with the Wing. I may be a little somber, but... it was supposed to be our Anniversary, so I have a reason for being somber. It's a bit of a bitter time. He tipped his head back with the mug and sighed. Besides, I plan on my drinking being done when I'm back in the apartment and able to make an ass of myself in private, thank you kindly.

The bronze let out a sound of relief and did indeed settle back down. Good. I don't think I would have had it in my directive to save you from being an ass in public.

Ouch... But he laughed, and they shared a warm wave of love and affection with one another, because they knew it was meant only as a tease between one another. Glancing up, as a candidate came by with a bucket to collect dirty dishes, he tilted his head because he could have sworn he recognized her from someplace in the North. As he thought about it, and Wojoth helped him connect the dots by dusting off parts of his own memory with little puffs of mental air, it clicked into place and his eyes widened. "Well, well, well, I never thought I'd see Kyrielle of the Weavehall in the South of all places, and as a candidate no less."
Finn ~◇*◇~ L'van ~◇*◇~ D'kellen ~◇*◇~ K'rios ~◇*◇~ J'on ~◇*◇~ Sh'van ~◇*◇~ Saibra
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Joss ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Constantine ~◇*◇~ Dirce ~◇*◇~ Varric ~◇*◇~ Cataren
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

Return to “Dining Hall”