Bonding Blueriders - Tag: N'can/Alt

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Marks: 4538.00 [Donate]

Re: Bonding Blueriders - Tag: N'can/Alt

Postby Parker » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 am

Ao'mek didn't not but in once. N'can was talking...he was actually saying more than just one sentence. He was sure that it was the effect of the alcohol helping to loosen his tongue. That was the desired effect he was hoping for. Still, though, what N'can was saying he couldn't agree with. He waited until he had said everything he wanted to say, explaining about the hatching where he impressed to Violath. "Don't you think that if he really didn't find you worthy for him he couldn't have gone off and found someone else once he helped you off the sands?" Ao'mek pointed out.

Then, what N'can said gave Ao'mek a bit of hope. "Well see, there you go! I'm sure Violath saw the same attitude in you that he knows is in himself. Perhaps he wants to try and help you to see those possibilities within yourself. Help you to grow into who both he and I know you really are. You just need to get some confidence and I am more than happy to help you get that if that is something you want." Ao'mek offered and gave him another pat on the back.

They took more drinks with toasts. He watched as after the toast N'can kept drinking from the glass. He waited until he was just a little half done with the glass. "I'd let what you have drank catch up with you before you drink more. Trust me, this stuff can sneak up on you if you're not careful and I did promise to not let you get too drunk." While Ao'mek was speaking a small band of harpers took the small stage that had been permanently set in the dining hall for the occasion of evening entertainment. As per usual, once they started playing, a few people got up to begin dancing. That gave Ao'mek an idea.

"Do you dance, N'can?" He asked before he downed the rest of his drink.
ImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith

ImageImageImageImage
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith

Darrow & Argow | Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Altreis
Marks: 7217.00 [Donate]

Postby Altreis » Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 am

Ao'mek was determined to push the issue of N'can being worthy of Violath. They could argue that point until between lit on fire. N'can shrugged. "I dunno, maybe. Does it even matter if I'm worthy or not? I mean...I don't know if Violath even thought that way. He just opted for whoever he liked, or who felt right to him. Doubt worthiness ever crossed his mind-unlike his sister. Otherwise he probably could have called someone over or gone to them, yeah. Although who would not go to a dragonet that called for them?"

It was a question N'can didn't really expect any answer to and instead he kept an ear on Ao'mek. Perhaps it was the alcohol, perhaps N'can was so stressed that he snapped, who could say? Whatever the reason...N'can laughed. He actually laughed at what Ao'mek was saying. "Suuuure, you somehow know who I am after just meeting me even without the bond of Impression. Shards...I don't even know what Violath thinks he sees. Just figure it's a dragon thing, some sense or instinct us humans don't have."

A frown met the part about confidence though. "I got confidence," N'can muttered. "I am perfectly confident that I am a klutz, a failure, and a bother. Knowing that, acting accordingly, doesn't mean I don't have confidence..." He trailed off with a sigh and sipped at his drink once more. He wished Ao'mek would move on to an easier topic...maybe one more pleasant for the both of them.

Or he could worry about the alcohol. N'can sighed once more, looking at the drink he held. "It tastes really good," he protested softly, though he had to admit getting too drunk didn't sound at all appealing. A moment later he actually looked...somewhat annoyed as Ao'mek finished off his own glass. "Hey...if you can drink it all why can't I?"

It took a moment for N'can's mind to switch to the new topic, the question Ao'mek had asked before finishing his drink. Once it had though, N'can cast a dubious look out at where people were beginning to dance. "Depends I guess...on how much you value your feet." His gaze shifted back to Ao'mek, a slight smirk on N'can's lips. He actually made some sort of joke. But a moment later he shook his head. "I only try dancing once in a great while and it's always a disaster. I have no grace or rhythm at all and it shows. I make a fool out of myself and then if I'm dancing with someone...they lose interest pretty fast after I've stomped on their feet and kicked their shins."
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Parker
Marks: 4538.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Ao'mek gave an amused and shocked look at N'can's sudden bout of fiestiness. This was a side of the man he'd never seen before, but he wasn't going to complain about it either. Some might have taken offense to the snarky and sarcastic words, but again...he could only approve of this side of N'can. He just wished the man could see it when he wasn't under the influence of alcohol. The tricky part would be for sober N'can to ever tap into this side of him, but Ao'mek was going to try and make it happen. He knew he'd likely never convince N'can to see a mindhealer to help him with his social anxieties, but perhaps he could speak to one and get some pointers that might help.

A big laugh was given at his complaint. "Because I know how to drink. I can hold it better. You haven't drank hardly anything ever, so I can handle it better than you." He explained to him. Body build did take into account as well, but he and N'can were about similar in size, so it came down to tolerance, of which he had enough to spare and N'can probably had none.

While Ao'mek would like to try and keep pressing the subject, he knew it was better to just have fun. Maybe that would work better than basically trying to tell a brick wall it was really made of soft pillows. He gave a small chuckle at his joke and then listened as he basically gave him an answer that wasn't totally yes, but wasn't a no either. "C'mon. Disasters can be fun too, but I doubt this will be one." He stood up from his seat and turned to N'can with a hand held out. "You're in good hands, trust me." He said with a wide, charming smile.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith

ImageImageImageImage
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith

Darrow & Argow | Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Altreis
Marks: 7217.00 [Donate]

Postby Altreis » Sun May 20, 2018 6:05 am

The same dubious look the dancing area had gotten was now turned on Ao'mek tenfold. "Know how to drink..." N'can muttered, not buying it. "Pretty sure even newborn babes know how to drink. Hold it better? You got someplace you're stashing it all? Handle it better just because you drink more than I do? Your body gets practice with alcohol somehow?" There was no disguising the skepticism in N'can's voice, though he frowned a moment later. "I'm not supposed to say things like that...that's bad. You have to admit it sounds like a harper yarn though."

Then again maybe Ao'mek was crazy enough to believe it. He was saying that a dance with N'can would not be a disaster.

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to joke, N'can thought. He doesn't know how real the kicks and stomps are. And oh how N'can really didn't want Ao'mek finding out firsthand. So of course the man had to sharding smile at N'can again. It was so unfair!

N'can could feel the heat rise to his cheeks-only this time it seemed to somehow be spreading. Weird. He had no time to dwell on that though, not when Ao'mek was clearly ready and determined to drag him off to a dance...but not with part of his drink still sitting there! Quickly, before Ao'mek could do or say anything, N'can snatched his glass and downed the rest of his drink before giving Ao'mek a hand to drag him by. "Just don't say I didn't warn you," he said, sounding a little nervous still.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Dining Hall”