Lady Brownriders Meet <Tag Ay'li>

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
LdyPayne
Marks: 3631.00 [Donate]

Lady Brownriders Meet <Tag Ay'li>

Postby LdyPayne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Her father had mentioned her name several times and Lerina had spotted her fellow female brownrider across the Weyr Yard once or twice but had yet to approach her. With things settling in for her more and more as the weeks went past, Lerina felt she should meet the brownrider. Besides, she could only use the excuse that Evana, the furflitt her father had given her for her birthday, needed all her free time to train.

The Furflit in question was perched on her shoulder quite happy to trailing along instead of being left behind in the apartment to watch over Ghost. Lerina's gemlizard had taken awhile to get used to their new home only to have to get used to sharing it with a creature who may have eaten it. After weeks of training Lerina didn't trust the furflit alone with her gemlizard yet, worried she'll try and eat him and either succeed in killing the poor lizard or end up very sick due to the natural toxins the gemlizards oozed when threatened. Or both. Lerina certainly didn't want to risk losing either of her pets much less both of them.

Hoping to find an opportunity to approach Ay'li without seeming to intrude Lerina waited till she saw the woman someplace where she wouldn't feel like she was interrupting her regular routine. The fact Ay'li was a Wingleader didn't bother Lerina much, there were many reasons why a Wingwoman would approach a Wingleader, even if from a different Wing. However the reason Lerina wanted to meet her wasn't official in any capacity.

Getting to know a Wingleader besides her own father also had advantages. Lerina knew she wouldn't be content being just a Wingrider, she wanted to lead her own Wing someday. What she didn't want however was to be seen as being given such a position because her father was Weyrleader for the second time in a row. No, she will earn her Wingleadership in whatever wing she was currently in. Getting to know Ay'li at the moment however was more so she could truly learn how female Brownriders were treated in Atricis compared to Igen.

"Wingleader Ay'li," Lerina said, approaching the woman as they headed towards the Dinning Cavern. "If you don't already have plans...would you like to join me for dinner? I've been wanting to meet you since I learned you were also a brownrider."
----- I'ent -- // ---Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // ---Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // ---Zilelmos Image
Marks Tracker

Fawkes
Marks: 6190.00 [Donate]

Re: Lady Brownriders Meet <Tag Ay'li>

Postby Fawkes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 pm

Drills had been...well, drills. They had done well in the beginning, the morning run had been spot on and Ay'li had even wondered about giving them the rest of the day off, but this was still a new Wing for her, and she wanted to make sure they had it perfect. After lunch, she'd ran them through the motions once more, but they were off. Skipping a beat here or there during drills thankfully didn't mean much, but if it happened during a Threadfall, it could mean life or death and as Wingleader, it was her duty to make sure they had everything they needed to avoid injury as much as possible. Sometimes, that meant pushing them harder, bearing down on them, and correcting every single wing beat and fidget if she had to. They would be perfect, they would be aware, they would have good form and know what to do when Thread breaks ranks. 'Fall was unpredictable sometimes, but if her wing knew all the formations, all the structures, and each stance they could fall into, they would have something to adapt to when the situation called for it, a routine to fall back even when it seems out of control.

So, drills had been...drills. Harder than usual maybe, but that was her style and in the end they would thank her for it. No matter which Wing they would fly in next, her training would never go unused. When she dismissed them for the evening then, she heard the grumbles and groans as they flew off, but she knew they'd be back in the morning and be better than they'd been today. Ay'li waited until each of the wing members had left, chatting with F'lin, her Wingsecond for a bit before she dismissed him as well and stood for a moment in the empty section of the Yard, leaning against Norieth's forearm.

Perhaps tomorrow, they will have earned that half day. I know that we could use some downtime too. The sandy brown dragon said, leaning down to snuff against her frizzy hair and nose her shoulder gently. It's been too long since you've joined me at the lake...always gallivanting off with that bronzerider. Norieth added with a soft snort, blowing hot hair against the woman, who reached up to gently pat against his nose.

Is that what they are calling it now, gallivanting? The woman teased, giving that nose a playful shove then and pushed herself off his forearm, moving for the mount instead. Thoughts of that bronzerider though seemed to make her feel so...warm, and sensual. She couldn't help but be drawn to him now, enjoying what they shared between them now, and actually feeling a bit rebellious as well as they tried to keep it mostly between themselves for now. Their own, dirty little secret, that made her smile just thinking about it.

Aaand, there you go again. You're spending far too much time with him, and not enough with me. The dragon huffed as the woman settled into place rather easily. There was the slightest whine to his tone, something needy and yearning, but it was thicker than usual and the woman saw right through it.

That's crackdust, and you know it. We spend every waking mark with each other, and what's the first thing I do every morning? Ay'li rebuked, smacking a loving hand against the sinuous neck of the beast, as Norieth took them aloft.

Well, the first thing you do is usually groan and throw the furs over your head again. Norieth replied with the hint of sarcasm in his tone, trying to goad her. The woman merely gave him another playful slap and kept quiet, expecting the real answer from him as they flew toward the apartments. And, of course, you remind me how much you love me, how I changed your life for the better. The dragon added with a soft croon and glanced over his shoulder at his rider, a wash of love coming unbidden from him just remembering their morning ritual.

See? Then you know, gallivanting or not, there is only one who has my whole heart, my everything...and that's you. She bespoke softly, soothing the brown's ego for the moment and reminding him how much he means to her. The same hand that had been playfully smacking his neck, caressed that same spot and soothed away any sting that might have remained.

When they landed outside her apartment, Norieth seemed to be quite content and satiated, though perhaps a bit reluctant to let his rider walk away once they'd undone all the straps and tucked them away. But an oiling, he needed oiling, yes? So Ay'li indulged the vain beast and oiled the dragon's smooth hide until he shone like glass. Once he seemed appeased, the woman slipped into her apartment finally and cleaned herself up, washing off the dragon oil and changing into something a bit nicer than flight gear. She refreshed Pervical's food bowl and poured the feline some fresh water, gave the aging cat some love and attention for a while, but her own stomach was rumbling something fierce now too and she knew dinner was about to served any moment now in the Dining Hall.

As she left the apartment, the hybrid flitter seemed to finally stir from his perch. Food, someone said something about food? Surf chirruped softly and fluttered over to the woman, taking up perch on her shoulder instead as she moved out the door, locking it behind her. "An extra plate then?" She asked the bronze-blue flitter with a smile and reached up to give him a scratch under the chin. He crooned and warbled at her, as if a whole plate to himself sounded like the finest idea in the world and the woman chuckled softly as she left the apartments behind, making her way toward the scents of supper.

Approaching the cavern though, she spotted someone out of the corner of her eye, someone who looked like they were trying to get her attention. The female brownrider slowed her step slightly, allowing this person to catch up and as they neared, the Wingleader glanced over at them, a hint of a smile on her lips. She hadn't expected company, but she wouldn't entirely say no to a meeting with someone, as long as they didn't mind eating and talking at the same time.

"Wingleader Ay'li, If you don't already have plans...would you like to join me for dinner? I've been wanting to meet you since I learned you were also a brownrider."

The woman who approached was petite and beautiful in her own right, like the girl next door ought to be. Ay'li could tell she wasn't very old, but there was something soulful in those eyes, something that spoke of an age that Turns belied. She knew that look, the haunted and oppressed past that lingered in those eyes and she saw the hint of a reflection in them. Also a brownrider she had said, so another female brownrider standing before her. She didn't recognize her from any of the Istan outcasts though, and that look would never have come about if she'd Impressed on Atricis sands, so where was she from that she'd been handled so poorly for the color of her bonded's hide?

"Of course. I always have time for my fellow brownriders." Ay'li spoke up with a smile for the other woman, though she pointedly did not remark about the 'female brownrider', because in Atricis all brownriders were the same, no reason to treat them any differently. "I think I heard at lunch today they were going to be serving some fresh game tonight, leaner and more flavorful than our livestock." The woman continued, the smile never wavering and instead perhaps even growing a bit more impish. "Good thing we're early then, yes?" The brownrider finished with a wink for her new found friend, as she pushed into the dining hall and expected the other woman to follow.

As they settled into the line for the buffet table, Ay'li turned to her fellow brownrider. "It's always a pleasure to meet another brownrider." The woman started, glancing to the colored wingknots on the riders' shoulders. "From SilverDusk, A'rics' Wing...I hope he's treating you well...." She left the sentence open, wondering if maybe it was something Wing related she'd approached about. Perhaps, as another femme brownrider, she'd rather be transferred into Ay'li's Wing and learn from her instead of the bronzerider? It wouldn't be an odd request if that was the case.

{ooc: My apologies for her rambling! I couldn't get her to shush....>.> }
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Lerina was pleased her forwardness in inviting Ay'li to join her for dinner wasn't taken badly. All things considered she was a subordinate even if she didn't fly in Ay'li's Wing. But this wasn't anything official so it was a relief she didn't just brush Lerina off to seek her own Wingsecond or Wingleader for conversation.

"Fresh game is always welcome, especially when well prepared," Lerina replied. She had hunted her own meals during the time she hide from Igen riders before taking the trip South. Though she was a decent enough cook she didn't have the resources to make her meals all that palatable. Lerina was just happy she could manage a fire and cook them well to avoid any food poisoning or other issues when eating improperly prepared meat. "Yes, we'll be sure to get some before they run out."

Once in line, Lerina made sure they both had a plate. Before she could think of something harmless to talk about she didn't mind if others overheard Ay'li broken the brief silence. "Oh yes, I am in Silver Dusk," she confirmed. "He's treating me well enough, far better than I expected honestly. THen again I've been treated far better at Atricis than I could have hoped. I originally came from the North where female brownriders certainly aren't appreciated in any shape or fashion."
----- I'ent -- // ---Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // ---Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // ---Zilelmos Image
Marks Tracker

Fawkes

Postby Fawkes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:20 am

The woman smiled at the other brownrider as she agreed the game should be a nice change of pace for their meal tonight. It was small talk, and they both knew it, though it was pleasant enough and would lead to the heart of the matter. Ay'li would be patient though, as much as she needed to be until the young woman was ready to speak her true mind, and until then she would do what she could to make the other rider comfortable. No one needed to feel tense or too official during dinner, right?

Before they moved too far down the line, a squawk came from her shoulder and Surf's head poked down into her line of sight, eyeing her questioningly. "I didn't forget..." She said quietly, staring back at the hybrid as she reached for another small plate to balance in the one hand. A knowing smirk was given to her fellow brownrider, as most who own one understand that the flitters have a mind of their own and are constantly needing something from you. Contented, Surf settled back on her shoulder once more, crooning satisfyingly as his gaze shifted up and down the table, ready to give a chirp when she passed something he wanted too.

As they began to move, the other rider spoke up about her experience in SilverDusk, and then added on her experience about the North and their views on femme brownriders, a view she knew all too well. It became obvious to her that while this other rider knew she was a femme brownrider, they likely hadn't heard too much of what had brought Ay'li to find a new home. Her smile seemed to falter for just a brief moment, the aged haunting look glimmering her eyes for a heartbeat before it all faded once more, the memories being shoved into the back of her mind again. There was no reason to dwell on the past, when they each had a future in Atricis to look forward to.

Ay'li turned to her fellow brownrider with a reassuring smile on her lips then, and warmth in her heart. "Atricis, certainly has a way of doing that. Making everyone feel at home, no matter what prejudices they've suffered at the hands of others." She said so in such a knowing way, the underlying pain that only ones from similar situations could share. There was the briefest flicker of a look, an expression that spoke of the sorrows and the recognition of such heartaches, only for it all to be replaced with a kind smile that welcomed her into the fold. "There is definitely no place like Atricis, and I'm proud to call her my Weyr. No where I'd rather be, that's for sure." The woman said almost, nonchalantly now as she reached for a spoonful of mashed tubers to put on her plate.

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Hearing a squawk Lerina looked up and spotted the hybrid lizard curled on Ay'li's shoulder. The noise also attracted Evana's attention, causing the furflitt to lean forward, forepaws moving down Lerina's chest to better balance on her shoulder.

Lerina reached up to run her fingers through Evana's thick soft fur more out of habit than wanting to stop her from checking out Ay'li's pet. "A special place all for your pet, how sweet. I would say he has you well trained."

She had no idea what Ay'li went through before she came to Atricis but the haunted look was one Lerina was very familiar with, it was the same one she saw every day in the mirror. It wasn't so bad now, after being here for some time but Lerina couldn't forget how harsh her life was since her father was forced to leave. Those experiences however wasn't what she wanted to talk to Ay'li about and doubted the older woman would want to be reminded of her own past either.

Lerina added extra meat to her plate for Evana as they continued down the table, its surface covered in the day's choice of meals. She picked up a fresh roll and some butter to spread on it. Looking over at Ay'li she gave a nod when she mentioned Atricis was where she wanted to be.

"It's taken me awhile to feel like Atricis is a home but now...especially since I have family here, more than I realized in fact, this is my home now. I only wish my mother and my other siblings can come here too. I think we can all be happier here together." Lerina didn't want to talk any further about her past, instead she wanted to focus on the future.

"I heard you were Weyrwoman one time, how was that like?"
Marks Tracker

Fawkes

Postby Fawkes » Tue May 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Even as Surf settled back on her shoulder, his eyes roamed toward the other dragonrider and the furflit perched on her shoulder as well. The hybrid gave a soft little trill toward the furry thing, while his tail curled protectively around the woman's throat, so it looked like she was wearing a bronzed choker now. It was just enough to stake his claim over the woman, but he was far too interested in the food she was ladling onto their plates, so only if the furflit tried to go for that would he budge. "Oh, don't you know it." The brownrider said with a smile in return of the tease that the hyrid had her well trained. It was true too, the flit got just about anything he wanted...within reason of course.

As they moved down the table, she packed on a little of this and a little of that onto her plate, a nice spread of proteins, carbs and veggies for a balanced meal, then snatched up a sweet pastry for dessert. Surfs' plate mostly consisted of the game meat, but he'd perked up once when she reached for the pastry, so he got a small sweetroll for himself as well. Contented, the flitter settled back on her shoulder, eyeing his plate with a sense of satisfaction and eagerness.

While they served themselves, the other brownrider went on to say that she had family at Atricis, and Ay'li smiled a little brighter. It was good to know she had a support system here, a luxury that most people took for granted. Knowing what femme brownriders can be subjected to, it's nice to know that this one had her own people to lean on, people to talk to about her worries and fears. It was something that Ay'li never really had when she needed it most in Ista, but since coming to Atricis, she'd ended up with a bounty of friends and she could be more open with her daughter as well. There was also a certain bronzerider who seemed to understand her almost better than Elys even did, a man who'd walked a mile in her shoes and could empathize with her. "It's good to have family, and I hope the others can join you soon..." She trailed off a little, intending to offer her assistance in anyway she could, but a glance at the other brownrider and Ay'li could tell that wasn't why she was here.

Turning from the food tables, her gaze scanned the room about them as the other woman seemed to get into the heart of the matter. Ay'li was quiet for a only a moment longer until she found a pair of vacant seats and gestured for the other brownrider to follow her as she began to weave through the tables toward the seats. "It's true, I was Weyrleader for a Turn, working alongside Weyrwoman Eavan. First Female Weyrleader on the whole of Pern. Kind of a proud moment, if I do say so myself." The brownrider said, flashing a smile over her shoulder at her fellow rider. When they found their seats, Ay'li moved to settle in, setting down Surf's plate toward the end of the table where he could perch and eat, and then hesitated for a polite moment while her counterpart settled into place as well.

"While it may have been a shining moment for me, the rest of Pern didn't seem to agree." The woman started, picking up her fork and waggling it slightly at the other brownrider. "You see, as you are quite aware, female brownriders are not always appreciated, and the rest of the Weyrs wouldn't stand for it. Even some of the bronzeriders in Atricis threw a hissy fit, so I had some slim pickings for a Weyrsecond, but I chose Ol'ver because he at least had my back...and as a male, he had a voice the world would listen to, even if they were my words." Ay'li continued, lowering the fork and beginning to pick at her plate, taking a small bite to let the words digest a little and allow for her companion to lead the conversation with another question or two, wondering where this might be heading.

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Fri May 11, 2018 4:37 pm

There may come a time when Lerina will want to get her mother and siblings away from Igen Weyr but right now the idea of returning there filled her with dread. Perhaps once she was in a position of rank and had strong allies to come with her it will be feasible. With her father as Weyrleader they could probably insist on a transfer for her mother but Lerina didn't want to put her father in that spot. He had been forced out of Igen with the threat of harm to his family should he ever try to communicate or return to Igen and for all Lerina knew they may still harm them if he tried now. Best to wait till they can find a way to communicate with her mother in secret before making a move.

Taking a seat where Ay'li indicated, Lerina set her plate upon the table and tore off a piece of meat to give to her Furflit to eat. SHe also wanted to make sure her pet didn't bother Ay'li's hybrid while he ate from his plate. Lerina wondered what it must have felt like for Ay'li to be the first female Weyrleader in all of Pern. To her it must have felt like quite an accomplishment and likely one that will forever be in the history books. Even knowing practically, especially given what Ay'li said as she continue to describe her experience, Lerina knew for herself it was still a goal.

"Why is it some men are so incapable to accepting women are just as capable of leadership and being fighters as they are?" Lerina could never understand that. She may not win a fist fight with every man but she was intelligent, can harness, clean, oil and fly on a fighting dragon and face the dangers of Thread just as well as any man. Issormoth was also very capable and nobody batted an eye when it came to female dragons doing dangerous jobs. What was more ironic was dragons were ruled by golds, yet men didn't bat an eye over that.

Ay'li clearly had plenty of challenges but when she mentioned having to get a bronzerider to speak for her, Lerina felt her respect for the woman lessen some. Lerina knew if she became Weyrleader herself, she would expect her riders to obey and deal with those who tried to stab her in the back harshly. A few harsh disciplinary actions would quickly show the riders having hissy fits that she meant business and not to dismiss her as weak because she was a woman. Eating another bite of her food, Lerina realized that even a male Weyrleader could have trouble if the majority of riders didn't agree with his politics. Her father was banished from Igen because he wanted to introduce the non traditional colours of dragons into Igen and other changes that went against the grain there.

Her personal experience showed how pety men can get and Ay'li may have been forced to either rule alone and not have the dragonriders listen to her, or deferring to other Wingleaders. It would have been chaos for the Weyr, resorting to let a trusted man do her speaking for her might have been the only way she could function as Weyrleader yet Lerina still felt it lessened Ay'li. Any accomplishment she made would have been attributed to Ol'ver and thus used as fuel against any future female Weyrleader.

"It is good you were able to lead the Weyr even if through Ol'ver but did you ever wonder if those men who were opposed to you being a Weyrleader just assumed Ol'ver was the one making decisions and not you?" Lerina asked, curious on how Ay'li would respond.
Marks Tracker

Fawkes

Postby Fawkes » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm

"Why is it some men are so incapable to accepting women are just as capable of leadership and being fighters as they are?"

Ay'li gave a knowing smirk and chuckled softly to herself as she slowly shook her head in consternation. It was a question she'd been asking for as long as she could remember and still didn't have the right answer for. All the Turns spent fighting beside the Istans, as she and Norieth were still valuable members of a Wing when it came to Threadfall, but the moment they were on the ground again everyone's viewpoint reverted once more and she was nowhere near anything valuable. As the question had no real definitive answer, the femme brownrider let it slip past and took a bit of her dinner instead, chewing thoughtfully.

When her companion spoke up again, this question did have an answer, something that Ay'li had needed to ponder for a while. It rankled her slightly that the other woman would think Ol'ver got all the credit for what she had done, but Ay'li had to remind herself that this other brownrider didn't really seem to know much about her other than what's being said, so she wanted to make sure she set the record straight. While she decided on what she wanted to say, she took another few bites of dinner, brows furrowed in thought and reaching for the cup of water, washed it down and cleared her throat.

"No, I never thought that, because these men knew better than to assume it was Ol'ver. While they may not have enjoyed the fact a woman was their Weyrleader, they still knew every day who was the one pulling their strings. Norieth and I never hid behind Ol'ver, we were out there every day, working with the Wings, sitting in on meetings and making ourselves known." The brownrider had wanted to make that very clear before this other rider got the wrong impression about her. Underneath this friendly demeanor lived the heart of a survivor and she would never have let a man overshadow her again. "If anything, Ol'ver was the puppet. Don't get me wrong, he's a good man and I trust him, I chose him because I knew he stood with me, not against me. However, I did use him to my advantage as I knew it would be easier for the disgruntled to hear the words coming from a man's mouth..."

Ay'li paused for a moment, taking another sip of her water and as she set the glass back down, turned to regard her companion in a little more serious light. She thought she was beginning to understand where this line of questioning was coming from, an ambitious femme brownrider newly arrived at Atricis without the weight of shackles. Perhaps this woman had some pretty big dreams of her own now as well. "You have to remember, it was the first time a woman had ever been Weyrleader. I was setting the precedence for any other woman who took the reins. I had to be, a little more delicate than I wanted to be, had to play the game of diplomacy harder than ever before in my life. If I had come in, hammers swinging and flaming down everyone who stood against me, I would have been remembered as a tyrant, a dictator and that was not the legacy I wanted to leave behind, the mark anyone after me would have born." The brownrider allowed that a moment to sink into the other woman's mind, for if she was right about her assumptions, then this woman might very well strive to become one of the next Female Weyrleaders.

"The fact that I was able to keep Atricis strong, and even helped institute a new law that would give this Weyr an even more stable future of Leadership, is a miracle with all the opposition I had to defend against. If I ever get the honor to serve again, perhaps I'd be able to do things a little differently, we've come a long way since then. Or perhaps, whomever takes up that mantle again will be able to stand on her own two feet without having to worry." She finally finished, a soft and knowing smile creeping onto the brownriders face as she gazed upon the woman across from her. "By the way....I never did catch your name." Ay'li added as her smile turned into a teasing sort of grin, after spilling her heart out to this woman she didn't even know, it would only be right if she knew the name of this femme brownrider who might one day follow in her footsteps.

{{ My apologies for the tardiness! This response has been stewing in the back of my mind forever now, Ay'li piecing together the bits and pieces of what she wanted to say, and how she wanted to say it... and sometimes other muses just talk louder while the others are thinking. But I never forgot and wanted to hopefully give Lerina a bit of what she was looking for too! <3 }}

LdyPayne

Postby LdyPayne » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am

Lerina listened closely as Ay'li explained further how she had done things when she was Weyrleader. One thing Lerina realized was New Atricis was not Igen where the majority were far more traditional to the point they would drive a Weyrleader out if they didn't agree with their politics, regardless of gender. L'van was forced to leave simply because he wanted to allow non standard dragons in Igen among other changes, what would they have done if Issormoth had caught the Senior Queen? It was a scenario she couldn't even let herself imagine.

Ay'li's strategy during her time as Weyrleader made sense, so much so she wondered if her own father had pushed for too many changes back in Igen? It was Turns ago and irrelevant now for he clearly was seen as a far better Weyrleader here than he was in Igen especially since this was his third time as Weyrleader if she recalled correctly.

Lerina couldn't help responding to Ay'li's knowing smile with a smile of her own. OF course she had thought about being Weyrleader herself one day, every since it was clear Issormoth did have interest in chasing golds. Though a part of her wondered if the success or failure of one's dragon to catch the Senior gold was truly a way to determine Leadership? Afterall a dragon's rider may be a poor leader despite the dragon's own skill in the chase.

"Oh, my name's Lerina," she responded, shocked to realize in all this time she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm sorry I should have introduced myself sooner."
Marks Tracker

Return to “Dining Hall”