A New Sort of Adventure ~ Tag: Finn/Ember

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 pm

10 weeks

Life was bliss. There was no other way to describe it. Granted, bliss was not to be confused with utopia as there was always bad days and moments that could sour even the most peaceful of souls, but for B'tian he could not remember ever being happier. He had the dragon and the girl of his dreams, so it was hard for him to dwell on anything negative or bad that should happen to cross his path. How he had gotten so lucky he was not sure, but he was not about to question it either.

Most nights now they spent together though they both had their own apartment. However, there was plenty of his things at her place and hers at his. Perhaps it would make more sense for them to move into one apartment together, but even as great as things were with them neither wanted to rush things too much. Bast, though, didn't have any illusions. Finn was the one, he was sure of that. He wanted them to be a family, even though that meant they would likely never have children. At least that was what they both had assumed...

Bast lazily opened his eyes to the rays of morning. While he was loathe to get up and spend the whole day in drills and then the infirmary, he always loved when he woke up to the sight of his love sleeping next to him. Only this morning when he rolled over to look at her beauty he was awarded with an empty spot. "Finn?" He asked as he pulled the covers off and slipped out of a bed. Generally after a night of passion like they had shared last night they both would remain in bed in the morning. That way when they both woke up they could cuddle or enjoy an encore of the night before, so her being gone was abnormal.

"Finn?" He called out to her again as he moved from his bedroom to the rest of his apartment. Then, he heard a noise coming from his bathing chamber. He moved up to the closed door and listened for a moment before he knocked. "Finn? Are you alright?" If his healer ears didn't mislead him it sounded like she was sick.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:31 pm

It was strange, waking up so sick every so often. Finn had been good about hiding it, or so she thought. She'd wake up, quietly go to the bathing room, then be back and Bast was none the wiser. Clearly she was drinking something that wasn't agreeing with her, that or there was something going in her stomach that wasn't wanting to stay there. It couldn't be anything else, not even her healer instincts were agreeing that it could be. It had lasted for a few days, then went away, so she figured she was in the clear, thought nothing of it, didn't bring it up to anyone, and Danteth had been bribed into keeping quiet about it so her corners were covered as far as all areas were concerned.

But this morning, just a few days after it had disappeared, she'd woken up to her stomach grumbling. She'd curled up in a ball into Bast's side and closed her eyes as tight as they would shut. She'd been doing so well, eating everything normally, and she hadn't touched anything that had been making her sick previously. When it started to become too much, she'd pushed away, thinking maybe it was the heat from his body, and while that helped marginally, it wasn't enough to push away the nausea completely. Before too long, she was slipping from the bed and rushing to his bathing room, having just enough time to fiddle with the door before she was on her knees.

Time seemed to pass so fast, and so slow, all at once after that. Her eyes refused to open, even after she heard Bast knock on the door and speak,and for a fraction of a moment she was certain she was going to pass out from the fore of her retching. Instead, she gripped the latrine more fiercely, her fingers and knuckles turning bone white, her body trembling, as she tried to steady her breathing. "B-Bast... I... need... water..." She managed to get out in a stutter before her head turned again and her stomach lurched once more.
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 pm

"B-Bast... I... need... water..."

"Alright. Hang on, I'll be right back with some." Bast assured her and then moved to the kitchen area and filled a glass with water. He also grabbed the healers kit and wet a rag before he headed back to the necessary. He knocked politely before he opened the door and let himself in. This wasn't the first time he'd helped Finn get through being sick and because he loved her he didn't care about the risk of maybe getting sick himself. "I'm here. I got you some water and brought the med kit." He explained as he moved over to her and sat down behind her.

"Here's your water." Bast offered and handed her the glass. While she drank he rubbed her back, between her shoulder blades, and wiped her brow off with the cool rag. The lines on his face were all marked with worry for Finn. She was a very private person when it came to being sick, but he knew that this wasn't the first time she had been sick in the last few weeks. He hadn't said anything, but he'd kept an eye on her, but finally decided that it had to be something she was eating since she never displayed other telling symtems such as fever or coughing.

"Sweetie, I know you don't like hearing it, but maybe you should go to the infirmary. You've been getting sick often enough here lately that there has to be something more to it than just food not agreeing with you." Bast said as he continued to comfort her. His brain began mulling over what possibilities her being this sick could be. There was one possibility that would be blatantly obvious, but Finn had been told at a younger age that it likely wasn't possible. Still...healers couldn't determine such things for sure....

The thought began to take root in Bast's mind. Dark eyes looked at her closer. Her skin was flushed from the vomitting, but she wasn't flushed like one was when they were sick with the flu or an infection. She didn't have any wounds that would be the culprit of blood poisoning. There were no stomach bugs or other illnesses going around. He looked at her mid-section then. It was hard to really tell from the way she was bent over the necessary, but he would guess that there was a bit more of a roundness to her otherwise very trim stomach. "Finn...I think you're pregnant." He said it with more calmness than he felt.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 am

She clutched the bin she was curled around and choked on a laugh in between sips of water. Pregnant? He had to be kidding. There was no way she could be pregnant. She'd been told she would never be able to become full with child. She looked down at her belly, not noticing any difference in it from how it usually looked and frowned. "Don't play games with me, Bast. You know what the healers said to me at Fort. I can't become pregnant." Never mind the fact... that she had been late... by a good three months... She counted back again, and then again, and continued to count back until the process became like a song that was stuck on repeat in her mind. "No, it isn't possible." No matter that she wanted it to be possible, she couldn't find it in her to believe him.

Or to let go of her bin in order to clutch at him instead like she wanted. She set the glass aside though before she dropped it, which was a good thing when she felt her stomach roll again. This time it was nothing but dry heaves, and by the time she finished she was too tired and weak to argue the point - she was nearly resting on the floor of the room, which would have made it easy for him to scoop her up if he stepped forward to do so. "But I've gone between I don't know how many times. I've been out fighting Thread. How is this even possible?" A set of fingers fluttered over her stomach, then stilled once they touched there, as if they were searching for some kind of change that could be detected only through the slightest of breaths.
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:41 pm

"Don't play games with me, Bast. You know what the healers said to me at Fort. I can't become pregnant."

"Sweetie, I'm not playing games with you. I would never, not about this." Bast assured her, though already it was hard for him to keep the smile from forming on his face. "Prenatal care isn't something we know entirely about. Trust me, I would know. I wish it was more of an exact science, but healer care is just not at that sort of level. The healers at Fort gave you their best guess, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have been wrong." He explained as he took a hold of her hand and kissed the back of it. Bast knew that he probably shouldn't get his hopes up to high since most miscarriages happened in the first trimester, but to think that Finn could actually be pregnant made him rather excited.

Bast had to quickly let go of her hand as her stomach betrayed her again. He gently rubbed her back and did what he could to try and make her feel better. Once she was finally done he scooped her up into his arms, bucket and all, so he could carry her back to the bed room. "Generally a pregnancy won't last with multiple betweenings, but honestly the length of time spent between is the biggest factor. So taking short hops won't always terminate one. If they did then female riders would never have children because there'd be no way for a pregnancy to survive to the point where it is noticeable." He explained. Yes, it was harder for female riders to stay pregnant, but it was far from impossible.

He set her down on the bed and then sat down beside her. "If I am right and you are pregnant....I want to do everything possible to keep it." He stated honestly as he brushed her hair back from her face. "Is that alright with you?" Bast would love nothing more than to be a father, but he wasn't about to demand something like that from Finn.

Ember

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 pm

"If I am right and you are pregnant....I want to do everything possible to keep it... Is that alright with you?"

She fell silent. It wasn't really something she needed to consider, she knew what she was going to say, and what she wanted. It was just after believing she'd never have children for so long, then being hit with the fact that she was pregnant... it was a pill she never thought she'd get to swallow, and she was having a difficult time taking it down. She looked down at her stomach again, and was glad that it had finally settled for the most part. Nothing else was going to come back up - Faranth bless her - and for now she could just settle into the bed and rest and... He deserved a response. But whenever she tried to open her mouth, the words just wouldn't come out, and the more that she tried, the more she wanted to cry, and she didn't know why.

But shifted to set the bucket on the floor and moved to tug on Bast, wanted him in the bed with her. Finally she found her tongue, and it was then that she gave him a response. "I want this baby, not only because it's a piece of you, Bast, but because I've wanted children since I can remember. Shards, I'm going to fucking cry..." Sure enough, the tears started to fall down her cheeks, this time not because the contents of her stomach were spilling out, but because she was finally starting to accept that there was a little life growing in her. "Can we wait to share the news for a little while? I don't mind telling your brother and Isi first, but I just want to rest for a bit. Your baby is already exhausting me." It was a gentle tease, one she gentled with a kiss when she tugged him towards her again.

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:38 pm

16 Weeks Along

The last month and a half had been something of a whirlwind. Bast couldn't imagine being any happier than he was now, but there was still something missing...

They'd yet to tell anyone of their good news. Thanks to what Finn had been told when she was younger, both of them wanted to make absolutely sure that he was right and that she was with child. The waiting to know for absolute sure had been torturous for them both. Bast was enough of a realist and was a good midwife, so he knew that things could happen in the first trimester, but it was hard to not be excited for the possibility. In order to be absolutely sure, he waited until it was the sixteenth weeks since Finn's last moon's blood to see if he could feel anything through palpitation. The slight bump that was beginning to become more prominent had given them both hope, but it wasn't until he could feel that her womb was swelling with child that they could absolutely say she was indeed pregnant.

That meant they got to tell people. While they'd love to tell everyone at once, things didn't work out that way. Finn's sister was a pearling now and had to stay at the beach. Bast's family was up north besides for Lorcan, so he made sure to write them a letter to tell them the great news. That left Lorcan and Isiana. Lorcan, Bast and Finn would like you and Isiana to come to their weyr. Villeforth spoke to Lor directly. It wasn't long until the bluerider was knocking on the door and walking in.

"Hey guys, what's up? Everything okay? Isiana is in Queenrider lessons, so it's just me." Lorcan said. Ash was following behind him and a cigarette was hanging from his lips.

Bast immediately took the smoke and dropped it to the floor and stubbed it out, much to Lorcan's chagrin and slight outrage. "We have some news to tell you." Bast said, unphased by his brother's sudden turn in bad mood. "Want to tell him?" He turned and asked Finn with a wide smile on his face. Lorcan could only scowl as he looked between the two of them.

Ember

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:37 am

She was going to have a baby. She was going to have a baby with the love of her life. Finn still couldn't believe it, and often spent time looking down at her stomach as if it might turn out to be some fantastical dream. It wouldn't be the first time - during training, she'd had dreams like this, only to wake up from them in a cold sweat and nearly in tears. But no, she would wake up in Bast's arms, usually with one of their hands on her belly, and there was a growing bump there, proof that their child was inside of her.

It had taken her time to finally tell her own family. She couldn't tell Fali'vas yet, and she wanted to do that in person. But she was able to send a letter to the rest of her family in the North. Now it was time to tell two of the most important people in her and Bast's lives - Lor and Isi, and Finn was excited to do so. So it wasn't a surprise when she felt some measure of disappointment that her friend wasn't with Lor when he arrived, but she decided that she would just have to visit the goldrider later to share the news with her.

"I shall tell him. But," and she held up a finger. "I'm going to be the one to tell Isi. If you tell her," she pointed the finger at Lor. "I will beat the shit out of you and I'm damn near sure everyone will let me when you find out why." She moved over to him and settled against his side, all sweetness again as she put her arm around him. She smiled between her and Isi's men before settling her cheek against Lor's arm. "You smoke around the baby, I'll beat you up as well, got it? Spoiling, I will tolerate, however."

She left it at that with a cheeky little grin, hoping he would pick up on what she meant, certain that he would. Lor was a smart man after all, and he usually picked up on things quickly. While the words lingered in the air, she used her free hand to reach out to Ash and offer a scratch or two.

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Lorcan was beginning to get more and more impatient as the two sickening love birds stared at each other with those ridiculously happy faces. Perhaps if Isiana had been able to join them his mood would be a little better, but then his mood tended to stay prickly if his girlfriend wasn't around. A look of shocked indignation crossed his face as Finn finally began to tell him whatever it was he had to know about. "Did you two just invite me here to ruin my cigarettes and threaten me?" He asked curiously as his arms crossed over his wide chest. "Fine, whatever it is, I'll keep my mouth shut to Isi about it. Faranth damn you two are ruthless." Lorcan promised them.

If the threats and such hadn't been confusing enough, then the way Finn smoozed up to him next was. Lorcan was stiff as Finn wrapped her arms around him, but he didn't move away from her. "If I smoke around the what?" He asked almost crassly before it finally sunk in what she was coyly telling him. The look of annoyance on his face was swiftly exchanged for one of happy surprise. "Baby? You guys are going to have a baby? You're pregnant?" He asked as he looked quickly between the two of them.

Bast nodded his head emphatically with a wide smile on his face. "Yes, about four months along now."

Lorcan swiftly wrapped his arms around Finn and hugged her tightly, lifting her up off of her feet. "Congratulations! Damn, I can't believe it." He said happily for his family as he sat her back on her feet and then moved to give Bast a brotherly hug. "Faranth, this is great news! I'm so happy for you guys! Isiana will be thrilled." Though he hoped it didn't give her any ideas to follow suit. A sterner and more serious look crossed his face as he pointed at Bast. "You better be taking good care of her. I know you're a mid-wife and all, but this is my sister and future niece or nephew."

Bast held up his hands with a chuckle. He was not surprised at all that Lorcan's protective streak would raise its head. "I promise you, I'm taking the utmost care of her."

Ember

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 am

Finn rolled her eyes, ready to say that she would make sure his cigarettes were replaced and with better ones than the things he insisted on smoking on a regular basis. He didn't even know what a good smoke was and damn, what she wouldn't give to have one right about now, not that she ever partook in them really. But she really had a craving for something and one of them just sounded good. Danteth, on the edges of her mind, prodded her and she frowned, brushing the garnet away before turning back to the conversation at hand. Blasted thing, on Bast's side... was probably going to tell him about what she'd been thinking too.

Next thing she knew the thoughts were clearly brushed out of her mind as she was swept off of her feet, and she laughed as her mind was focused on other things. With a grin she hugged her brother and kissed his cheek when he finally set her down again. "He's taking very good care of me, as a matter of fact. Such good care of me that I can barely do for myself because he's waiting on me hand and foot." She looked over at her mate fondly, an expression so soft that it might hurt the teeth of anyone looking their way.

"It also means that I have to behave. So no running around, and no doing what I want. Which is a pain but," she placed a hand over her stomach and grinned. "I've waited a long time for this. I never thought it could happen Lor, and then it did with your brother. I'm not going to do anything to risk the child we created together."

― Don Roff ―