Becoming Familiar Again (In A Way) - [ tag ] Kate/Isiana

Not the large stone caverns that Weyr people are used to, these are buildings built on the top of the cliff, sometimes referred to as the Weyr Cliff. These buildings are all the same size, with multiple apartments for dragonriders to live in in each building. Because of space constraints, dragons sleep in large pavilions built around the dragonrider apartments.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat May 25, 2019 5:20 pm

She chuckled herself and nodded, agreeing with that. It would be difficult not to eat everything that was set out for them, especially when it all looked - and smelled - so good. Dirce hadn't eaten very much the night before for whatever reason, and now she was hungry more than usual. "I typically eat quite a bit as it is, so I anticipate we're going to have a trial saving some of this up. We may have to treat ourselves with some fresh pastries from the kitchens. Think we can talk the staff there into giving us some - or maybe a bit of fresh bread - when we're done?"

Then she started to grin. "I think we could." The look on her face became a touch devious perhaps. "I don't use them very often," she started, looking around as though someone else might hear her and try to argue, which she would call bullshit on. "but I've noticed there are perks to having rank. Like having the bakers throw fresh pastries at you when you hit the kitchens at the right time. I've... been learning when those times are on purpose." She flushed and dipped her head, perhaps a little ashamed for doing something so minor like that. "But its really the only thing I've taken advantage of since graduation. The rest of the time... it truly makes me uncomfortable pushing my weight around unless its required of me." Especially since they would't know if Sandalphonth would hold out when it came to fertility until she rose.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Kate

Sun May 26, 2019 9:36 pm

It actually always amazed Isiana how much she, and any other woman could eat, and still not look like they weighed a ton. All she could think was that it was pretty much all thanks to the work they did as dragon riders. They burned up whatever energy they got from their food doing their chores and taking care of their other responsibilities. Chuckling she nodded at the other young woman and said,”Well, I have to admit that I do the same thing when it comes to stuff like this. I have a soft spot for sweets, even though I know I shouldn’t eat to much of them, I can just never seem to get enough of them.” Well that much was true, and anyone that really knew her would back her up on it. Grinning at the idea that the zultanite rider had, and grinned, a bit foolishly actually. Eagerly she nodded, ”Well, we can try and charm them into doing it, but I’m not sure if it would actually work. Even if it doesn’t work though, I’m still more than eager to give it a try.”

Isiana could not suppress a chuckle as Dirce spoke once more, and she found herself wondering why she had never tried to do anything like that. Sure, she wasn’t really one to abuse her power or anything like that. Not that she had all that much, but she knew she did have a little, bring a Gold rider and all. ”There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. You aren’t doing anything violent or wrong or anything. Honestly, I’m finding that I am a bit jealous that I never thought of it myself.”

Taking the last bite of her pastry, Isiana then finished her klah before turning to her partner for the day. ”Well, as much as I hate to say it, we should probably get a move on. We don’t want to have to be finishing chores in the dark or anything like that. Then after we are done, we can go try our hand at getting some more of these amazing goodies.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:09 am

She chuckled and grinned at that, glad that she would have herself a partner in crime for this. She was eager to see what they'd be able to fetch from the kitchens, if anything at all, but perhaps with the two of them together, they'd be able to actually get away with something? The thought was a most pleasing one, and she decided it was something that suited them both, that seemed fetching enough. "We'll definitely have to see. If we get them both, who knows - they won't be able to resist us at the same time!" She tried to give off a fierce face, but considering she had a partial cheek full of pastry, it didn't exactly come off that way and she ended up laughing in the end.

After calming down, she nodded and figured Isiana was right. She never did anything violent, never did anything wrong, didn't twist fingers or toes or arms. She simply took advantage of when the fresh pastries were on and allowed - didn't force, but allowed - the bakers to give her things. Nothing wrong with that, right? "If you'd like, when we're done, I'll write down all the best times to head to the kitchens, especially at night. Sometimes I get cravings for nibbles when I'm working and they're especially generous when I bring this fact up..."

But in the end, the goldrider was right - they had work to do, loathe as she was to leave the food and drinks behind. She supposed they'd be back, and even better, they'd eventually get to get some fresh things to enjoy. She brushed her fingers free of flakes and finished off her klah before straightening up the little area in front of her, not wanting to leave any sort of mess in Isiana's apartment while she was there. "I'm ready to set out when you are. Just lead the way and I'll follow."
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Kate

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm

As it turned out, Dirce's grin was very infectious, and made Isiana not be able to stop grinning either. It just seemed to be that type of day today, and the Gold rider found herself happy about that. The dark haired woman did have to admit that that this other woman did seem like she would make a great friend. It would be nice to be able to just go off with another young woman her age, wouldn’t it? It would indeed be nice since she mostly spent her time with the “boys” so to speak. Chuckling a bit louder ha she had been, Isiana covered her mouth and then said, ”No, I guess they probably wouldn’t be able to resist the two of us at the same time. Maybe separately, yes, but most certainly not both at the same time.” Dark eyes shone with silent laughter and also a bit of mischief as she thought about the reactions of the kitchen workers if they did that. It would be priceless to say the least.

Thankfully, the two of them got themselves a bit calmed down from their chuckles and their plans. Isiana felt as though she hadn’t been a bit “crazy” like that in a while, not even with Lor. While she would never admit it out loud, she did enjoy being a bit goofy every now and then. Usually she was only like that around Lor, not someone she really didn’t know all that well. Dirce seemed like a nice enough person though, so she guessed that was why she was on with being a bit more open. Grinning again she said, ”Having the best times to go would be great! Then I won’t have to wonder. Plus if I’m going to start doing that, it will certainly help to have that kind of inside information.”

Grinning a bit, she could imagine that the kitchen help were probably happy to see that people enjoyed their food, so they were eager to help those people out and give them some more of that great food. Grinning she said, ”Well, that would be great if you could do that. Sounds like that is some really good information to have for when I start sneaking down there myself.” Honestly, until today she hadn’t even really considered the possibility. Now though, she thought it would be kind of fun to give t a try and see what it was all about.

At the mention of getting to work, she couldn’t stop herself from drowning ever so slightly. Nodding she finished what she had left and then got up, putting the dishes aside to be cleaned later once she was done with her other chores. Once they were ready to go she said, ”Well, I guess we should go see how all the injured are doing, see if there is anything we could possibly do for them.” While she knew they wouldn’t be able to do much for them medically, they could maybe make them a meal or just talk with them and entertain them. While she wasn’t overly excited about it, she knew that it was a good thing to do, and she was grateful for he opportunity to help them in some way.

Opening the door she looked at Dirce with a small smile. ”After you.”
Ember

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:50 am

Dirce bowed her head and stepped out first, smiling as she did so. She waited to walk any further until Isiana joined her, and together they could walk towards the infirmary. She was both eager for this duty, and not looking forward to it, if only because she never liked seeing injuries on anyone, but when she thought about it, who in their right mind did? She glanced at the shorter woman walking next to her and decided she liked her, finding her a kind and warm personality, someone that was going to be easy to work with even if the work wasn't all that easy to begin with. Nevertheless, it was something that needed to be done, both because the injured needed to be looked after, and it was part of their duties as queenriders of the Weyr, and really it wasn't such a bad thing, just uncomfortable at times when they stepped in on more personal situations. Hopefully, they would not this time.

"Can't say this is my favorite duty," Dirce started, wanting to offer a few bright words before they reached the slightly darker infirmary. "But I'm glad that you and I will be doing it together. It'll make things a little easier, I think." She sincerely hoped the goldrider wouldn't mind her saying so, or thinking so for that matter, and maybe a part of her wondered if the feelings were mutual. Not that they had to be of course, but it would have been a nice thing to know all the same. "I know there's one rider that I saw the last time I was there that might still be there, I'd like to check in on him if he is, so if I split off from you when we arrive, I do apologize. He has a weyrmate with a child on the way and I want to check in not only on him, but her as well." He'd been so bright and eager to get better because of the arrival of their little one, she was eager to see if he was any better since last seeing him.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Kate

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:22 am

After Dirce walked out the door, Isiana followed her, making sure to lock it behind her before they walked away. Normally, she would probably not have to think about it much, but with the fun she was having already, she knew there would probably be a chance that she would forget about it, and she didn’t want that to happen. After considering it for a moment though, she guessed if she had left it unlocked, it wouldn’t have mattered that much. Most of her valuable stuff was already at Lor’s. Plus, it was very rare to hear about an apartment being broken into or robbed or anything. At least, she hadn’t heard of anything, so she allowed herself to continue assuming a little bit that it didn’t happen often, if at all.

If only she could have read the other young woman’s mind, she would have most certainly agreed with her. While she wasn’t ever really thrilled to have this duty, she knew it needed to be done. She had just never been one to be able to see so many people hurting. Especially since Lor and his eye. That had made it even worse for her. Of course, she didnt breath a word of this, not wanting to bore or burden Dirce with her thoughts and problems, considering that they didnt really know each other all that well.

A bit of shock probably showed on her face as Dirce spoke. Nodding she said, ”I completely agree with that sentiment. I feel the exact same way.” She didnt really elaborate on that, but just left it there so that at least Dirce would know she wasn’t alone in feeling that way. Grinning she said, ”Well, I do hope he’s better, and don’t worry if you have to leave me, I will be fine. Just as long as we meet up after to continue finishing the goodies you brought.”[//b]

It didnt seem like long at all before they arrived . Once they were inside, Isiana smile softly and said, ”Why don’t you go find that rider now, and we will meet up again a little later?’
Ember

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 am

She opened her mouth to ask if Isiana was sure of that. After all, this was supposed to be a shared duty - what would it say about her, Dirce, if she suddenly took off to check on one single, specific rider? But she really did want to check on him, and if she was allowed the chance to right away, it wouldn't bother her for the rest of their time in the infirmary, and then she could concentrate on the rest of her duties there without too much issue or effort.

With a nod, and smile, she touched Isiana's shoudler. "I think that would be good, yes. I shouldn't be too long." She went to check up on him, pleased to see that he was doing so well and that he wouldn't be in the infirmary for much longer. It was a relief actually, and she made sure to let him know that she would see him again soon. When his weyrmate came for a visit at the same time, she ended up staying a little longer chatting with them both, especially about their coming baby, and it took a reminder from Sandalphonth to prompt her away.

After excusing herself, she left to go tend to whatever duties she needed to according to what was handed to her, what she thought might be helpful, and after all was said and done, hungry and tired, she cleaned up and went to join Isiana in the main portion of the infirmary where they'd agreed to meet up with one another. She didn't see the goldrider there, but she found a place to sit and get off her feet for a little bit while she waited.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Kate

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 am

While normally, the two of them probably wouldn’t have split up, but this time, Isiana felt that this could be an exception. Honestly, she did not mind. While the only one she had ever been worried about in the Infirmary lately was Lor, she could imagine what it would be like to be here, and just wanting to see them. It would indeed be torture, and she did not really want to subject Dirce to that. Besides, the Gold rider highly doubted that anyone would even really have time to notice that the two of them weren’t together.

Once Dirce left, Isiana couldn’t help but smile softly, she was very glad that it had seemed to make Dirce very happy that she h ad suggested that. For now, she went about her own business, visiting some of the riders in the Infirmary, and just chatting with them. While she normally wasn’t one for much chatting, she did not mind this. It made her feel, satisfied, or something along those lines. It was always nice to talk to the riders who might not have anyone else there for them. Honestly, she loved to see the look of appreciation on their faces. It seemed to make everything worth it.

After what seemed only like a candle mark turned out to be three, and she quickly excused herself and made her way to some of her other duties. Actually, she had.been a bit surprised that the duties hadn’t been more involved today. It seemed as though today they were just here to help the riders stay cheerful and such, which suited her just fine. Making her way back to the main part of the Infirmary where she and the zultanite rider were supposed to meet up, she quickly spotted the other woman already there.

Walking over, she grinned and said, ”So, how was your friend? Still mending like they should be?”
Ember

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Dirce smiled and nodded when they got back together with one another. "Yes, he's doing well, even saw his mate." She looked around and tried to see what else, if anything, there was to do and noticed some things she might be able to jump on if required. It might not be, but she didn't want to just leave without first checking in with Isiana and seeing how things were doing. "How are things going around the infirmary?"

And then she realized she'd forgotten something very important, and quickly set out to correct her wrong. "Thank you for letting me slip off like I did. If I can make up for it somehow - say with bathing Andromedath someday - please let me know. I'd be more than happy to do for you." She was serious, and hoped it seemed like she was - she was someone that didn't like leaving her "wrongs" in the open to be stumbled over, over and over again.
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Kate

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:42 am

Isiana tried not to chuckle or anything, and had to admit to herself that she was actually a bit embarrassed as well. The Gold rider had made the mistake of assuming that his person Dirce has wanted to go see was someone she was interested in. If they had a mate though, that had obviously not been the case at all. It was apparently someone she had met and became friends with. Either way, Isiana was glad that she had been able to find them. It was always nice to make sure that you visited people that you knew when they were in the Infirmary. ”I’m glad to hear that he is doing well. That’s always what you want to hear.”

As she spoke again, Isiana shrugged a bit, and said, ”It’s going about the same as it always does. Everything is good I guess. The patients here seem to like having the visitor and no matter how many times I do this, I’m always glad to see that it brightens their day when that happens.”

Dark eyes glanced around, trying to make sure that there wasn’t anything else that needed to be done at the moment. Sometimes the woman did not like sitting around if there was something else she could be doing. As of that moment she didn’t see anything, so she let herself relax a little.

The other rider’s voice reached her and she smiled softly, waving off the thanks. ”There is really no need to thank me. I would have wanted to do the same thing, and besides, it’s not like it was hurting anyone.” Pausing, the young woman took that moment to think about what Dirce just said. Chuckling to herself she said, ”Again, don’t worry about it. You don’t owe me anything.”

Glancing around again Isiana said, ”You know what, we have been here quiet a while already. I say we get out of here and go have a little bit of fun somewhere else. What do you think?”