Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.
Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Karkeloth

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:40 am

Below is a form for our candidate Questionnaire. Please note that the Questionnaire is completely optional, so there is no requirement to fill it out if you truly don't mind. Also note that the questionnaire is in two parts, an OOC part and an IC part. If filling out, the IC part is optional, but it can help give the staff (and the player too) some insight into your character. This Questionnaire can be filled out by any type of candidate. If there is any section you don't feel is applicable to you or your character, you can put N/A.

All filled out Questionnaires can be posted here. Questionnares for characters that have Impressed/Bonded will be removed from this thread to keep things tidy. If you want to fill this out for a hidden candidate, that's perfectly acceptable. If you want to fill out the IC portions for a hidden candidate, you can either answer them as if they were a full candidate, or as a hypothetical question posed to your character.

*Please try to keep this thread to One Post per Player* Whenever you need to add a Questionnaire, just edit in your new candidate. This makes it much easier on the Staff to locate the candidates needed whenever a Hatching is just around the corner.

I'd also like to take a moment to let everyone know that Questionnares aren't a 100% guarantee. The staff will take Questionnaire answers into deep consideration, and do our best to give you something you will be happy with based on how you answered. If you have very specific wants and we can't give you all of those, we will do our best to give you the ones we can give to you and hope to still make you happy.

Code: Select all

[b][u]For the Player[/u][/b] - To be filled out OOC
[b]Character Name:[/b] [url=profile link here]NAME[/url]
[b]Type of Candidacy:[/b] (Dragon, wher, etc)
[spoiler][b]Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?[/b]

[b]What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?[/b]
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)

[b]Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?[/b]
(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)

[b]What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?[/b]

[b]Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?[/b]
[/spoiler]
[b][u]For the Character[/u][/b] - to be filled out IC (optional)
[spoiler][b]What brought you into Candidacy?[/b]

[b]What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?[/b]

[b]Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?[/b]

[b]What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?[/b]

[b]What do you think your best and worst traits are?[/b][/spoiler]
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Norjira
Type of Candidacy: Pearl
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes!

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
I’m pretty open when it comes to Jira. He’s still learning the ropes.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
Nothing comes to mind.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? How the characters react to their new bonds and the paths that are now open to them. Or now closed depending on the occasion.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Don’t plan on it!
For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy? It sort of fell into my lap. I came to the South for a new way of life and the Pearls caught my attention right away.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler? Honestly? I’m not sure. There’s so much to learn about these amazing creatures that I’m not sure where to begin.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? A follower, though I’m willing to step up to get things done.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? I haven’t given it much thought really.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?My best traits? I’m hard working and down to earth or as my sisters call it: a stick in the mud. My worst? I’m blunt and honest to a fault. No need to sugar coat things when there’s work to be done!

Character Name: Tralexi
Type of Candidacy: Daywher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes please! More scars are always fun to play with. Plus as a healer she’s usually a tough patient to deal with.

I don’t see Tralexi coming out of her shell just yet so any sort of leadership role wouldn’t be a good place for Lexi. Given the right partner though she could become a good second.

I’m pretty much open for anything for Tralexi. She’ll need a strong partner to help her overcome her past.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I love seeing the babies and the reactions everyone has for them. As for Tralexi I’m looking forward to having her be surprised at how supportive a bonding will be.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Yes. I’m getting a Rare Mutation token for Tralexi. Feel free to surprise us though!
What brought you into Candidacy? I was looking to join my older brother in the Wings but the one trip I shared with him on Delyath’s back made me realize how little I like to be in the air. Let me keep my feet on the ground!

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
To continue my learning and hopefully learn more about the Daywhers and their healing.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? A follower. I’m not that comfortable making decisions that impact other’s lives.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
A supporting role in the group. Again, I’m not the sort to take up leadership.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
My worst traits are the easiest to spot. I’m shy, painfully so sometimes and rather nervous about social interactions. Though once I get to know a soul I do play small pranks on them. As for my better traits, I’ve been told that I’m self-reliant and rather clever. Personally I see my work-ethic as my best trait.
Last edited by Lanni on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:49 pm

TO BE UPDATED WITH VITHIRE (dualbond) AND SALLA (daywher candidate)

Character Name: Salla
Type of Candidacy: Daywher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
Sure, she can take it!

Anything really, Salla's young but focused and determined, and as a potential Dayhandler she will have options open to her. She obviously wants to follow in her parents' footsteps, which right now to her means the obvious "leadership" path, but that might change over time as she ages and learns more about her parents, the pack, and herself.

Just nothing lazy or too opposite of Salla. I'm ok with a Daywher that could help her lighten up a little where she might need it, to grow and all that fun stuff, but too far opposite from her dedicated nature and I think they would just clash too much. So perhaps not a caretaker roled daywher.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
Everything really <3

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Image - While I do tend to prefer Sports, I would be open to a beautiful Chimera if you guys have the perfect combination of colors/roles in mind for Salla.
What brought you into Candidacy?
"I wanted to follow in my parents' footsteps. They are the first Dayhandlers, and I want to continue their legacy."

What would you like to accomplish as a Dayhandler?
"To be able to be a good leader, or make a change somehow. I definitely see myself among the other Guard Handlers."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"My mother raised me to be strong and to be a leader, so I definitely am a leader."

"Of course I tend to envision myself with a Black just like my mother's Kivasila. I do see myself bonding to a Guardian Daywher the most, but I could also see Hunter as well."

"I'm determined, I work hard, I take instruction well, and I've been learning about daywhers for turns before I entered candidacy. Those are my strengths. My weaknesses? That's a hard one. I've always struggled to make friends? Does that count?

Character Name: Mina
Type of Candidacy: Daywher ("stands")
Sure, if it comes up.

Mina has very poor eyesight and fairly severe photo-sensitivity due to her albinism, so I fully understand she wouldn't be able to be a Guardhandler. She'd likely be a Support Handler doing odd jobs around the Weyr, and maybe a potential for the Diplomacy team as one of the "diplomats" in the team. But she'd mostly be a Support Handler with odd jobs and focusing on her harpering, and I'm perfectly happy with that for her!

I've been thinking about it, and I don't think there is one I wouldn't want to see. Just whatever goes best with her personality and the limitations they would have since she won't be a guardhandler.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
In this case, I just love the surprise and unexpectedness of it!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Image I wasn't originally going to, but while filling this out and thinking on the questions, I decided to, but putting in the disclaimer to feel free to disregard this if you guys feel you have a solid feel for something different! Anyways, admittedly, given her personality, as well as her limitations at being a full Dayhandler, I personally think Mina would do best with a Caretaker of some sort, or a Substitute.
Image I have a few possibilities and ideas for different potential situations. In the event you guys feel she is super good with a Rose, genderswapping is a potential idea, or just general genderswap on any color. Or can also have maybe extra little sails (like an extra set, or maybe bigger sails than normal). Piebald. Floppy ears instead of upright ears. Lacks the neck and back plates. Extra large for their color or extra small. Long twisted or curved headknobs. Or anything else you guys might think of is better! Surprise me!
"Oh, is this hypothetical? Well, if that's the case... I suppose I would want a sense of acceptance?"

"I don't know honestly, I don't know what I could do. I don't see very well you see, and I can't be in the sun a lot. I'm sorry, I'm not very useful."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"Oh, ah... definitely a follower. I haven't lead a thing in my life. I've taught a few apprentices, but that's because I was assigned to do it, so I was just doing as I was told."

"If I could Bond... ... We're theorizing Daywhers right? Oh my, I'm still so new to them... I do admittedly love my sister's red, Blood is what they are called? Yes, he has a beautiful color, and he's sweet. I could see myself with a wher like that. Or maybe one of those white ones I've seen. It would match me." *chuckles*

I suppose that I am a good worker, I do as I'm told, I follow the rules, I try to be kind to others. But... I've been told by my friend I'm a pushover, and I don't have very good self-esteem, and I suppose I have a hard time making choices for myself. And then there's just how I look and how I can't see well enough or be in the sun very much. I'm really only good at music, sort of, I've really spent more time working on braille texts than music, so I guess I'm not even really good at that either."
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImage Image
Avatar design from Wreaux on Redbubble
Ainokesshou

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Character Name: Strimian
Type of Candidacy: Surprise me, she's a stands candidate with good reason to attend every hatching.
It seems unlikely for a Stands Impression. I would definitely want her hands protected, though.

Strimian definitely doesn't have any yearning for leadership. Diplomacy is within her training as a harper, and she would also be interested in exploration and education. She isn't much of a fighter - if she were ever attacked, her plan would be to hurt the attackers feet, then run. So if she bonded with a day wher, it probably would not be the guardian type.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
I can't really see her with a dragonkin that is aggressive, since she would tend to avoid fights.

I like pretty much everything associated with the cute baby dragonkin, so, again, just surprise me!

Aside from the Stands Impression Token, I am apparently giving Strimian a token for a Chimera color Major Dragonkin
(non-clutching, if a wher/daywher can be a semi or demi clutcher) from the 2018 Easter Egg prizes.

Character Name: Caerus
Type of Candidacy: Day Wher
Why not? He's scarred and injured enough as it is, he'd consider the pain an acceptable price to get back out there.

Guardian is a good match for the future Caerus wants for himself, but I can see hunter or even caretaker being a more mentally healthy match for him. The substitute colors would also be a decent choice, but I CANNOT see him as a diplomat.

If he got the diplomat type, it might be amusing, but I think that he would be terribly bad at the job.

Anything and everything, I just love pretty babies!

I purchased an Impression token. I would prefer that Caerus bond to either a caretaker or hunter day wher, as a bit of a movement away from his previous role as a wherhandler. Not guardian, certainly not diplomat, and a substitute might be okay, but not if Caerus could use that to adjust back into the guardian role.
Glaring darkly at the questioner, "Caerusk is gone, and I'm still here. He would want me to keep protecting the Weyr without him, though, and I can do that best with a partner."

"I plan to keep doing my job, helping protect the Weyr, possibly helping to supplement the meat provided to the Weyr." Grinning darkly. "It's a pity feline meat doesn't taste very good."

"For the most part, I'm willing to do as I'm told, but if I think what I've been told is particularly stupid, I reserve the right to tell the leader that. In private, and hopefully politely, depending on just how stupid it actually is."

"I could see myself with a copper or black day wher, the guardians. Maybe one of the more flexible colors would make sense, too."

Laughing, "I focus. I focus hard, it's a trait that suits archers pretty well, but it's gotten more intense since losing Caerusk. Give me a target, and I will take it down. But I might not pay as close attention to the other things as I should."

Character Name: Ashton
Type of Candidacy: Dragon- but please leave them standing for the January 4, 2019 hatching.
Noooo, Ashton is a gentle soul. Please don't mark up their pretty face.
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)
I don't think Ash is looking to be a leader, but diplomacy might be reasonable. As to personality types for dragons, I think almost anything could work, but I suppose I'd tend toward romantic and/or artistic personalities as ideal for them.
Well, I think the bronze and gold should be clearly off limits for Ashton, but otherwise don't care.
I like them ALL!
I am giving Ash the Gender-bent major dragonkin token I got from the Easter 2018 event.
I was Searched. . . It was actually pretty easy to decide to give up my apprenticeship when that happened.
I just want to be free to be myself, I guess, and it seems like the Weyr will let that happen as long as I fulfill my duties.
I don't think of myself as a leader, so I guess I'm a follower. I could probably be strong support for a leader, though.
I don't know. Opals are certainly beautiful, and I really admired the one that Searched me. I think most dragons are gorgeous, though, so I'm sure I would be happy with any hatchling.
I think my best trait is that I can see beauty, or at least the potential for beauty, in everything. But I have a tendency to avoid confrontation. I don't like to make trouble for people who have power over me, even when I know I should. Then, when the confrontation becomes unavoidable, it's way out of hand.
Last edited by Ainokesshou on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Quiloth       Elahrairath     Nahumth       Arjunavoreth
ImageImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas Maukerith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask             Aesk     
Talonflame

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:32 am

Character Name: Kyrielle
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Yes, but no loss of limb/eye/whatnot.

Kyrielle’s “mother hen” personality would definitely fit with a more mothering dragon, but again, definitely open to “opposites attract” here.

No males, please!

All the things.

Yes, Impression token with a preference for female dragons. Again, whatever the staff feels is best is fine with me!
The chance to protect those who have protected me over the Turns. I also want to be part of something larger than myself, and to work towards a safer Pern for everyone.

I want to be able to make Pern a better place for all, notably my family and friends, but extending that to the whole of Pern. I wouldn't be able to make the sort of change that I know needs to be made as a crafter.

With how hardworking and determined I am, I see the potential to be a leader. But everyone has room for improvement somewhere, so I am comfortable as either a leader or a follower.

Honestly I have never thought about it. Any dragon who chooses me is meant for me, no matter their color or role. All are dragons, and all are equally important in their mutual role as Pern’s protectors.

Determined, loyal, caring, always looking out for the best of others. I tend to forget about myself, I can admittedly be too pushy at times, I tend to be naive from time to time, and I have a habit of forgetting that others have great opinions on how to solve a problem as well, in favor of getting the problem solved as quickly as possible, and with fewer repercussions.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
ShadowMoon

Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:41 am

Character Name: CECILY
Type of Candidacy: (Pearl)
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?yes but not disabling

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?explore

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)i would want a girl pearl.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?The pretty baby dragon

I don't know yet
I got tired of getting rejected of dragons.
What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?I want to prove to my father that I belong on the ocean.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?I think I could grow into a good leader but i'm still young.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?I don't know
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:53 pm

Character Name: Angela
Not for her, honestly. Not that I am opposed to maulings, but it is out of character to happen to her, not only for her charm skill, but for the fact she would know better than to stand in the way of a hatchling dragon.

She is young and adaptable, but Angela is certainly more of a support role sort of individual for all she thinks otherwise, so preferably a dragon who is more likely to follow than to lead.

I'm fine with male or female, but no brown, zultanites, garnets, or gold dragons. Also, I have a thing about having noticeable items in a dragons hide pattern (hearts, suns, plants, clothing, etc...), and have always been the sort to prefer more natural hide patterns or solid colours. That being said, I know I can always get a potion to adjust their hide patterns, so aside from that consideration, have fun.

No preference.

Yes, please see sheet for hue preference for Angela.
Because as the daughter of dragonriders, it's my birthright to stand.

To serve my weyr. I've known all my life that I am destined to become a dragonrider. I'd rather not waste any more time on trivial pursuits like crafting.

Of course, I'm leader. I'm the daughter of Weyrleader Ma'lek and Weyrwoman Solange.

I don't know, and it doesn't matter to me. Whatever dragon finds me, we'll make it work.

Uh... Why does that matter? I'm not Impressing to you; I'm Impressing to a dragon. I won't cause any problems in the barracks if that's what you're asking. I know the rules.

Character Name: Amuderudalya
Type of Candidacy: Dragon Candidate

I am, though she is a stands candidate, so I don't know of a circumstance would present itself that she can be.

Though Amuderudalya could become a wingrider in a fighting wing, I do think she would do better as a diplomat, and will likely end up in Ivory Feather willingly. Perhaps a dragon as sensitive as her, or maybe more outgoing to help with this role.

Nothing abrasive or blunt, and no dragon considered high rank. Low to Mid rank only, please <3

Ummmm... everything? I love seeing their emerging personalities when they break shell.

I did. I am requesting a female dragon if possible. She also has an Albino Major Dragonkin Token (earned from a 2019 chocolate dragon) added to her sheet with Marve's approval.
For the Character - N/A (stands impression)

Character Name: Adrune

Yes, cut him up as you see fit, though no removal of his appendages, fingers, toes, etc... Anything else goes.

Honestly, he is so laid back and complacent, I do not see him in any sort of leadership role at this time, and likely never. He is a good hard worker, and will make for a dutiful wingrider.

No ambitious dragons that will cultivate him to be a strong leader, or anything like that.

No preference.

I have, and am requesting a male dragon, though I am open to a green for him too if the fit is right.

Well, I came to the Weyr to work with your stables, and a dragon found me on Search. *says in all matter of seriousness* My parents were riders, and... well... I felt it was right to say yes.

I don't know. Never really given it much thought.

*shrugs*

*shrugs* Don't know. Does it matter?

I don't know. Never really given that much thought either.
Last edited by Shaihulud on Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 am

To Be Filled Out for Future Candidates!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F'lin | Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Ao'mek | Lorcan | So'cles | Athaleyah | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Darrow | Kisle'vis | Car'vis | Ferghas | Corbin | Calivander | Epiphany

.::..::..::..::..::..
lucidmaus

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:42 pm

Character Name: Pahaliah
Type of Candidacy: Dragon (Stands Impression)
Sure!

Anything!

Nope!

All of it, pretty much!

I did get the Stands Impression token and will (eventually) be purchasing the token to request a physical anomaly (hermaphrodite or fully agender/asexual).

Character Name: Aglaia
Yup!

Anything and everything!

Nope!

All of it, pretty much!

Nope!

Character Name: Zultana
Type of Candidacy: Dragon/Daywher/Wher/Pearl (Stands Impression)
Sure!

All of the things!

Nope! The joy is in finding ways to make the character work with their new (and better) half!

All of it.<3

I have the Stands Impression token for her, but that's it.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

D'mah o | o Pahaliah o | o Zultana
Aglaia o | o Zoraida o | o Lulajeta

~*~
|:- Character Tracker -:|:- Marks Tracker -:|:- Plotter -:|
|:- Candidate Q'nairre -:|

Note
|:- Tag freely - no permission needed! -:|
|:- I'm open to any and all threads! -:|
Jovia

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:56 am

Character Name: Siriva

Oh yeah I'm open to Mauling, just nothing too terribly permanent like a missing limb. I don't mind scars, or broken bones.

Probably nothing too high in status and rank, definitely never weyrwoman, don't see her as diplomacy either. But anything else from information gathering to even PR type things that aren't her talking to other entities.

I would prefer no clutchers, I can't make pretty babies like you guys can. Nevermind with how I tend to vanish sometimes would probably be best.

Something that forces my charries to act beyond themselves/their little boxes. Since Siriva is a brat and thinks so highly of herself/herself first... maybe one who makes her think of others.

I do have a genderbent dragonkin from easter that can be used.

Siriva: Well it seems I have a knack for it, besides Dragons are rather breathtaking.

Siriva: Well obviously so that I can take control of my fate and life, nobody will really tell a rider what to do besides the normal stuff.

Siriva: Oh definitely a leader, while I could be a follower that is more along the lines of had to.

Siriva: Gold obviously. They are female, queens, and such a lovely shade that matches my hair. Can you see me riding anything else? Obviously not, though I guess those Garnet types are alright.

OOC: Preferably male because yes.

Siriva: My best traits are my smarts and my looks, worst traits? Hrm..... stubborn and I can be a little tempermental.