Decorating - Parker | Jora

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:22 pm

The bronzerider did not answer her immediately, but when he did, she could not help the smile that slipped to her features. "Yes, I would say that you most certainly addle my brain. Especially when you're trying to, just like a moment ago."

"I wasn't trying to do anything," Revanne corrected him. She was simply succeeding. There was a difference.

"Not that I'm complaining about it, but it does lead me to do or, in this case, say silly things that I shouldn't say."

Should she reply with a witty response? Her jocular nature encouraged her, though she did not entirely feel in the mood for putting his feelings on display on again as she had formerly done. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact she enjoyed addling his brain to the point of incoherence, to know she had such a profound effect on him that every other part of his mental faculty, spare one, ceased to function.

"Why do you want to know if you addle my brain?"

"Maybe because I like knowing I can make you addled like that," she answered honestly. Fingers had paused in their efforts of removing the content of her box, if only to give the bronzerider a chance to answer. She knew full well that her answer had opened the very box J'lek wished to access most of all.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:12 am

"I wasn't trying to do anything,"

Jora couldn't help but chuckle. "No, you weren't trying. You were doing and succeeding." He knew her well enough to know that she wasn't denying the action, merely the way he had spoken it.

He continued removing things from the box he was working on. He wasn't really paying attention to the things he was picking up and putting back down. How could he with her making it so hard to think of anything other than her. He had to praise himself a little now for thinking ahead and putting the boxes of things where they belonged. Otherwise, he'd probably be unpacking a box for his bathing chamber instead of one for his living area.

"Maybe because I like knowing I can make you addled like that,"

One of his eyebrows shot up at that statement. Perhaps there was even more hope than he thought. Now felt like a good time to maybe broach a certain subject, but at the same time he didn't want to seem pushy. Perhaps it was best to keep up this teasing and see what happened. "Well, you are pretty damn good at it. Exactly why do you like knowing that you can do such a horrible thing to little ol' me?" He asked playfully, but he hoped the question would encourage her to be open with him.

Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm

"Well, you are pretty damn good at it. Exactly why do you like knowing that you can do such a horrible thing to little ol' me?"

Revanne realised she had two options at this moment. She could either choose to be blatantly obvious, or she could tease the bronzerider with subtlety. Rather than answer immediately, she cast a glance over her shoulder, glancing at him with her playful blue eye. And suddenly, Revanne found herself at a loss for words. If she told him that she enjoyed doing such things to him, would that be considered too fast? But if she failed to answer, would he take that as some sort of let down? Under normal circumstances, Revanne would have gone with the flow of what felt right. Unfortunately, after Lorcan, she found herself acting far more cautious, and far more coy than before. She simply could not trust herself anymore.

"Why do you think it's so horrible?" She asked instead, deciding on the more delicate approach. "I thought you liked being addled." Her fingers returned to work, unfolding the papers used to guard his belongings. As she removed one of the items, she could not help but tease him once more, if only to find her footing with him once again. "I'm not going to find anything weird in this box, am I? I really do hope you'll take care of that box yourself." Shards, but that was a lame tease, but she needed something to take her mind off of that which she wanted yet feared to pursue. Maybe after a glass or two of wine, she would find the courage to be bolder. After setting down another item, she took a long sip of her wine.

Image x4 - counted
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:39 pm

"Why do you think it's so horrible? I thought you liked being addled."

"It's not the worst thing in the world. Oh, you know, besides when I get so addled I say things that make me sound like I am more of a freak than I actually am." Jora explained with a chuckle. He certainly didn't mind being addled, but what he'd just said could have scared Reva away if she didn't know him as well as she already did.

"I'm not going to find anything weird in this box, am I? I really do hope you'll take care of that box yourself."

"Define weird." Jora said playfully and gave her a wink. It really felt like they were pussy-footing around what they both wanted to talk about, but they'd get there. "No, that box is all decor for the living area. And before you ask...yes, I do care about decoration in my home. I might be a fly-boy bronzerider, but not even I want my home to look like a teenager lives in it." He commented with a smirk. Another sip of wine was taken as he stole a few moments of glancing with her longer, then went back to pretending to pay a lot of attention to the box he had. It was so hard for him to not steal the ball back and make the first move towards...well, he wasn't even sure what...but a first move. He resisted though, he'd put the ball in her court and he had to wait patiently to see what it was she'd do with it.

F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm

"Define weird. No, that box is all decor for the living area. And before you ask...yes, I do care about decoration in my home. I might be a fly-boy bronzerider, but not even I want my home to look like a teenager lives in it."

She was going to ask, but she bit her tongue at let him finish, and all the while her eyes laughed at him. "Well, that's a nice change." Even Revanne could remember a time when J'lek not only played the part of a teenage boy, but lived it as well. Soiled socks and moulding plates, and three turns of dust collected on the shelves. Boys could be so gross.

Though, to be fair, there was once a time when the brownrider could be downright rancid as well, but that was back in her turns of adolescence when such things were to be expected.

With one item in particular worthy enough to be admired, she could honestly say she was surprised by J'lek's tastes. The man had cleaned up since she had last allowed herself to visit his quarters. "So who helped you with your sense of style, Jora? And please don't tell me Kitiara. So help me Faranth." It always seemed like that woman sunk her talons into every single man of Atricis. While Revanne tried hard not to worry herself with it, part of her felt the ire of jealousy that Kitiara had, at least at one point, busied herself with J'lek.

Parker
Site Admin

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:58 am

"Well, that's a nice change."

Jora chuckled at that. He remembered how he was as a younger man. He hadn't cared what sort of pig sty his room was, it was better than having to constantly clean it. He hated to admit it, but looking back now he wished he'd been a little more apt to clean his room. Oh well, young boys would be young boys when it came to cleaning. "That I have to agree with you on. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to have to dust and actually put my dirty clothes in the hamper, but...it's worth it." He gestured around his apartment, though to be fair, he hadn't really been settled enough here for anyone to attempt making a mess of things.

"So who helped you with your sense of style, Jora? And please don't tell me Kitiara. So help me Faranth."

Was that a hint of jealousy he detected in her voice? Jora attempted to hide the small smirk of pride he felt if that truly was the case. However, instead of feeding into that possible jealousy, he decided it would be better to put her mind at ease. "Kitty? No, me and her never lived together." Alright, so maybe he threw in Kitiara's favorite nickname he called her by just to see if the green-eyed monster would appear a little more. "I suppose I got some help from Rivany when we were weyrmated, but..." He shrugged. It no longer left a sour taste in his mouth to talk about his ex-weyrmate. "I'd like to think my sense of style is mainly my own. Should I take that to mean that you approve of it? At least a little? We both know it could be far worse....though, I'm sure with your help it could be a lot better too." He stated, not being coy, but at the same time it was an invitation to her of sorts.

Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:00 pm

J'lek truly had become a man, passing the threshold between bachelor boy and respectable man. Some men never reached that point in their lives, but appeared as though J'lek had finally succeeded. Something about that little fact caused Revanne to wonder once more just how different J'lek was from the flyboy she once knew. Was he truly a man of dignity and respect be admired? Or was it merely a facade to wheedle her into bed?

Revanne wanted to believe it was the first.

"Kitty? No, me and her never lived together."

If he had hopes to triggering her jealousy, he succeeded. The envious little demon within her appeared with the narrow of her eyes upon him before she glanced away to the box she troubled herself with. All the while, she did not expect the fact that J'lek had purposely provoked the response from her. Fortunately, the discussion of his former weyrmate did ease off the green ledge of envy, settling her nerves at least slightly.

"I suppose I got some help from Rivany when we were weyrmated, but... I'd like to think my sense of style is mainly my own. Should I take that to mean that you approve of it? At least a little? We both know it could be far worse....though, I'm sure with your help it could be a lot better too."

A small chuckle escaped her. "You saying you still need a woman's touch?" She turned to face him now, even though several long steps remained between them. "I don't know, that sounds like trouble to me. The last thing I need is to ruffle the feathers of one of your to-be-lovers when they find I was the one to make your room look pretty for them..." it was certainly meant to tease him, but she also hoped to test the waters with the bronzerider as well. Had he truly changed? "Next thing I know, they'll be wondering 'who is this Revanne' and 'what is she to Jora?'. Then I'll have some green-eyed, red-faced woman storming up to my weyr and pounding on the door for answers I don't know I how give them-" because truth be told, Revanne still had no idea what she was to J'lek. She wanted to know the answer herself, but she feared it, not because of the possibility he might love her now ; instead, Revanne feared the possibility that someday her would answer would be "he loved me once."