An Ancient Gift <Basilisk Handout - OPEN>

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
LdyPayne

Mon May 14, 2018 7:15 pm

It hadn't been easy but I'ent managed to collect all of Ancient's eggs while he distracted her with food. He didn't know exactly when the Basilisk had gone off and found herself a mate but he certainly noticed the clutch of eggs she was guarding. As he didn't want a whole pack of Bassilisks running up and down his walls and taking over his home, I'ent had found a pot big enough, filled it half with sand and placed all 10 eggs inside. They were warm and hard to the touch, much like the one he had bought at the Gathering over a Turn ago now.

He took the clutch down to the Dining Cavern a couple days later when he was sure he felt one shake a little. He asked one of the kitchen drudges, a male, to get him meat scraps for a hatching. A few minutes later he took over a table and placed the clutch ontop. Normally he was not one to draw attention to himself but in this case he certainly needed to if he was to find good homes for his pet's offspring.

"Ah, anybody interested in having a Wingless Fireli... that is, a Basilisk, come on over. I have a clutch here ready to Hatch!" I'ent called out, correcting himself mid sentence as he remembered only he called them Wingless Firelizards. He remained standing long enough for people to look his way.

OOC: This is it, Atricia's First Basilisk Giveaway! There are 10 eggs to choose from, their contents will be randomized. To start I am going to limit it to one egg per PLAYER. I want to make sure everybody gets a chance to claim one. After a week or so, if there are still unclaimed eggs, I will open it up for people to claim another.

Egg #1: Image
Egg #2: Image
Egg #3: Image
Egg #4: Image
Egg #5: Image
Egg #6: Image
Egg #7: Image
Egg #8: Image
Egg #9: Image
Egg #10: Image
Last edited by LdyPayne on Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
----- I'ent -- // --- Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // --- Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // --- Zilelmos

Marks Tracker
Ember
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Dirce looked up from the bracelet she was trying to fix for her sister. The announcement of the basilisks was an intriguing one to her. She'd seen some of them around, though not in large enough numbers to really be certain if she wanted one or not. But in the moment that she sat there, and saw the eggs, she couldn't help but wonder. She wasn't a candidate, and never would be, but with the egg craze that had gripped Atricis, and know she would never have the chance with a dragon, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have a little friend for herself until she decided what she might like to do.

Inskspell, catching the train of thinking, trilled in agreement, and she gave the blue a scratch. "Yes, we'll get you a friend, my pet." She set down her supplies, right next to her food, and set the fancy aside to watch over it. He was likely to snack while she was requesting an egg, and that was fine and well, there would be more of a meal later. Hopefully, she'd be able to convince I'ent that she would be worthy of one of his friend's children, because now her heart was set upon giving one of them a home.

The woman approached and bowed her head. She didn't know him, but that didn't mean he wasn't deserving of her respect, with or without a treasure that she desired. "Greetings." She glanced at the eggs again, and spotted one that caught her attention. "I'm not sure how this works, with these creatures in particular, but if I might have one of the beauties, that would be lovely."

[ ooc: My I please request #2 for Dirce? ]
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
LdyPayne

Thu May 17, 2018 3:25 am

The first person to approach I'ent recognized from the Candidate Camping Trip he had helped with awhile back. It took him a moment to remember her name. What really flammoxed him was the fact she bowed to him. Despite the fact greenriders were considered the highest ranking dragonriders at Walled Hold for all his life till the Ancient Ones returned, or more likely their descendants, I'ent just didn't feel as a male he was worthy of any woman bowing to him.

"Well.. not any different than firelizards, when the egg hatches, offer food to the Basilisk and it'll stick around. They don't feel like firelizards though but Ancient, that's the mother of these, she always hangs around my apartment now. There's been some movement in the eggs...so I expect they'll hatch soon. I got meat here for them so help yourself."

It was more than he ever said to women in general so he took a deep breath and plucked the egg she indicated out of the nest and handed it to her. "Here you go Journeywoman Dirce and ah....good luck."

Species/Colour: Basilisk/ Blue
Colour Hex Code: #b9b0fe – Body, #b9b0fe – Feathers

Personality: resourceful, curious, precise, enthusiastic, and ambitious
Size:1’9”
Hatched: Dulu 18th (Winter) 2047
Sire/Dam: Terror/Ancient
----- I'ent -- // --- Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // --- Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // --- Zilelmos

Marks Tracker
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Mars was viciously attacking the meal in front of him. He wasn't hungrier than usual, wolfing down food was merely a habit he'd picked up from all his turns holdless. When you didn't know when your next meal was or if someone was going to try and steal whay you did have, you learned to eat fast. Shardamakath was constantly trying to get him to slow down a little, he wasn't going to starve, but so far it was looking like this habit was not one he was going to be able to get rid of. Besides, the meal he was eating was delicious. Where as some would have gone slower to savor, he went faster to taste it sooner.

"Ah, anybody interested in having a Wingless Fireli... that is, a Basilisk, come on over. I have a clutch here ready to Hatch!"

The announcement caught his attention. He looked to see a younger greenrider was the one who gave the announcement. The bronzerider was a bit curious. He didn't have any pets. Had never owned any before, but he was pretty well settled now in his new home. Shardamakath was still unbearably proud about the large size clutch he'd sired. Ever since catching the young Andromedath he had doted upon the queen. He brought her meals and helped to stand guard over his children. Mars was happy for him, but he wished the bronze was a bit less annoying. Plus, with the bronze spending more time at the sands or with Andromedath, he was feeling a bit lonely. He was use to spending a few candlemarks a night with his bronze physically, so perhaps a pet would be a nice substitute for the time being.

Mar'lus wiped his mouth and got up from his table to approach the young greenrider. "Good day. I would very much like one if you please. I will take good care of it." He said politely.

#5 please!
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kyser

Thu May 17, 2018 3:48 pm

One of Ed'wyn's favourite parts of the day, dinner time. He was sitting in the dining hall, somewhat off to the side, shovelling the food into his mouth whilst having a look around at everyone else. No one was sitting in the close seats around him but he didn't mind, he found it awkward eating when around other people. He heard someone announcing something and looked over to the direction where it came from. He looked at the man and then spotted the eggs. He tilted his head, they weren't dragon eggs. The man said they were 'basilisk' eggs, interesting.

Ed'wyn left it a couple moments for anyone else to own up to see if they wanted one, not being picky, before standing up. "I'd like an egg please, if possible...Of course." Ed'wyn called out, raising his arm a little before taking a couple steps in the direction of the man. He looked over all the eggs, taking in all the different colourings. He wondered what they'd all look like when they hatched.

(OOC: Egg #1 if possible please!)
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
LdyPayne

Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 am

Tag Mar'lus/Parker

The arrival of an older rider quickly drew I'ent's attention away from Journeywoman Dirce. He didn't recognise the rider and he couldn't realy make out the man's knots so had no idea what sort of rider he was. I'ent decided polite respect was the best way to go.

"Good day to you as well," I'ent responded. He picked up one of the eggs and handed it over to Mar'lus. "There you go, it should hatch any time now so help yourself to the raw meat. Good luck."

He didn't quite know what else to say so left it at that. He figured Mar'lus would just ask him if he had any questions.

Species/Colour: Basilisk/ Onyx Female
Colour Hex Code: #2e2e2e - Body, #080612 – Feathers
Personality: combative, honourable, courageous, reckless
Size:3’0”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tag Ed'wyn/Kyser

When another rider called out he wanted an egg, I'ent scanned the gathering group for a moment then spotted the raised arm. "Of course you can have one, there's plenty left." He was another rider I'ent didn't recall meeting before though he looked closer to his age than the other male rider. Once Ed'wyn came to the table I'ent selected yellowish egg and handed it over.

"Here you go, should hatch any moment." I'ent repeated then indicated the bowl of raw meat scraps. "Help yourself to some meat so you are ready to feed it. Oh and if you have questions...either of you, feel free to ask."

Species/Colour: Basilisk/Ruby
Colour Hex Code: #fd2502 – body, #fd9c02 – Feathers
Personality: pure of character, thinks in grand terms, has an air of majesty
Size: 3’4”

Marks Tracker
Kyser

Fri May 18, 2018 1:30 am

Ed'wyn smiled to himself when the man said he was allowed to have one, he observed the different eggs as the man chose one to hand over. He was given the one with the yellowish patterning, an interesting choice. Ed'wyn was excited to see how it would come out. Ed'wyn took the egg off of the man, taking a strip of meat out of the bowl just so he had it in hand for the basilisk once it came out. "Thank you, name's Ed'wyn by the way." Ed'wyn spoke to the man, giving him a small nod before turning his attention back to the egg.

He took a few steps away from everyone and watched the egg as it begun to hatch open, until the shell was fully gone and the basilisk lay in his arms. It had a ruby-looking body and orange feathers. Ed'wyn loved its appearance and remembered reading up about the ruby basilisks. They were the strongest and biggest males, very territorial. Ed'wyn would have to make sure the basilisk would stick to his home to avoid any confrontation with other male basilisks. He wouldn't want his getting hurt, or anyone else's. "Here you go," He said as he offered the strip of meat to him, the basilisk taking it out of his hand and adjusting itself so it was balancing along his arm, his tail just raised above Ed'wyn's shoulder and his head held highly and proud. "I'll name you, 'Fyre'. I'm Ed'wyn." He said with a warm smile, using the hand which was free to run over the basilisks head. He was happy with what he'd recieved, the fact it was a ruby made Ed'wyn want to jump for joy...But that wouldn't be cool, so he didn't.

(OOC: I love him, thank you!)
Ed'wyn - Greenrider.
Ainokesshou

Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am

Caerus wasn't in the dining hall for a pet. He was still on this stupid cane, though there was finally an end in sight, as he was no longer having problems with the arm using the cane, and his leg was strong enough for him to be on it for a full day. He still needed the cane for balance, because there was such a discrepancy remaining between the strength in his two legs that he tended to misjudge or overcorrect on staircases. But once he was over that? He would be healthy enough to stand for the next Day Wher hatching, and he could get back out and do his job.

A pet would just be a burden for him to take care of. Soleius' idea that it would help him feel calmer was ridiculous. Besides, he didn't need to feel calm, he needed to get back to helping protect the Weyr.

Besides, his brother wanted him to get a fire lizard, or a fancy flitt. Something to carry letters back and forth to Lemos Hold. Caerus was getting a spiteful pleasure from Soleius being the one to deal with the sudden deluge of letters from family, and he had no intention of easing the pressure on his brother by getting a pet that could carry letters.

But he'd been hearing that these basilisks didn't really bond to people, they seemed to bond to places instead. They were protective of their territory, and Caerus could respect that. Maybe it would be easier to sleep if he trusted the little creature to guard his room. He still wasn't sure whether his intermittent insomnia was due to the change in his sleep schedule or his tendency to alert at every unexplained noise, but if he thought this little lizard would wake him up if there was a true threat?

He walked with his awkward three-legged pace to the table I'ent was set up at. Just a few days more, he told himself, and if the Weyr were completely level with smooth, even floors whe might not need the cane even now. He grabbed some meat first taking it to a table several steps away, before returning to I'ent and his clutch. "I'll take that one, if it's not spoken for," he said, gruffly, pointing at Egg # 9.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Milagroth Folith Zenith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask
Lanni

Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 am

Halimila had been slowly feeding tidbits to Mavi and Chime when a voice broke through the din of the dining hall. At first she was hesitant to step forward. She already had Chime and helped quite a bit with Mavi, Stone and Zelian. Not to mention there was a clutch on the Sands once more.... Did she really have time to take care of another little creature in her life? Sure firelizards and the other smaller dragonkin were a lot easier to take care of than a dragon or a canine, but would it be fair? Chime and the reddite tilted their heads at the odd expressions dancing across Mila's face. Then, almost as one, the pair turned to look at each other as if to ask what was wrong with the human now.

Unaware of the antics of the lizardkin in front of her, Mila's mind continued to wander of the possibilities of adding another to her growing family. If it hadn't been for her father's arrival at her table, Mila would have chickened out and remained seated. "Go," The daywher handler said softly to his only child. "I see that look. You had it when you tried to convince me to start as a candidate," Halian said teasingly. "I do not!" Mila squeaked back realizing that she had been caught. "Go see if they have any left, Mila. You know... you take after your mother that way. Always wanting to take care of someone," Hal added softly grabbing his daughter's hand before she could stand. Offering her father a watery smile, Mila knew how hard it was for her Pa to speak about her mother. "Thanks Pa," She whispered back squeezing his rough fingers with her own. "Maybe I'll get another girl. We gotta out rank you boys somehow," She teased knowing that her Pa would understand. With a grunt the handler shooed his wayward child towards the waiting eggs.

That same small, watery smile was still on her face as Mila moved forward to claim an egg from the rider. With one hand Mila tried to scrub away the tears clinging to her lashes as she waited for her turn to speak up. There was an older gentleman moving forward towards the table too and her Mammy's manners had the scarred candidate stepping back a bit to let the man go first. Once he had spoken up and claimed his egg, Mila was glad to notice that her tears had dried enough for her to look presentable. Straightening her skirt the teen stepped beside the man with the cane to address the rider, "May I have an egg too? I'm not terribly picky.... but the pink one looks very pretty!" She chimed in with false cheer hoping that no one questioned her wet lashes.

((Aino said I should snag number seven. Luckily Mila likes Pink! :D))
LdyPayne

Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm

The number of people coming to his table to pick an egg was increasing, something I'ent was quite pleased with. He didn't want to end up with a bunch of baby Basilisks and he had a feeling Ancient wouldn't want them either. He also had Shimmer, a fancy flit he picked up not all that long ago so he felt he had plenty of pets now.

When an older man with a cane approached and grabbed some meat before moving off, I'ent eyed him suspiciously for a moment but when he turned and came back after dropping the meat at a nearby table I'ent relaxed. Clearly the man just didn't have a spare hand to carry an egg and meat at the same time.

"It's not spoken for at all," I'ent told him when Caerus returned and pointed out an egg. I'ent picked it up and handed it to him. "It should hatch soon, good luck."

for Caerus:
Species/Colour: Basilisk/ Blue
Colour Hex Code: #a6d9fc – Body, #088744 – Feathers
Personality: predatory, mercantile, and brutal
Size: 2’0”

----------------------------------

Once the older man left with his egg I'ent found himself face to face to another woman his age who seemed vaguely familiar. Maybe he had seen her during the Candidate camping trip he helped the Candidatemaster with, he wasn't sure. Once she was at the table and spoke to him he was surprised to see her eyes looked a little pink and watery. He wasn't sure what that was about but he didn't want to ask either. Not his business, all he was doing was handing out eggs.

"Sure, you can," I'ent offered then waited till she pointed out the egg she wanted. Whether it was pretty or not he couldn't tell, it was just an egg to him. He picked it up and handed it over to her. "You can have that one, it should hatch any time. Help yourself to the raw meat too."

for Halimila
Species/Colour: Basilisk/Green
Colour Hex Code: #3b3101 – Body, #e0fb2d – Feathers
Personality: adaptable, shrewd, creative and durable
Size: 1’4”

Marks Tracker