A Summer Dance - Kate | Gavael

Established by Atrician Bronzerider Ar'vis, Evanoria Weyrhold is one of the newest establishments in the South, but that doesn't mean it is without strength. An ally with Atricis, Evanoria Weyrhold houses dragons and holdfolk alike, making it one of the few territories outside of New Atricis Weyr to house dragons.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:50 pm

That condescending huff of breath went unnoticed by Angela. Too preoccupied by the selection of wines, the girl proved distracted enough to miss the incriminating gesture entirely. Had she paid attention, she would have given a look, that knowing look, one that women often gave to men when their boyish nature got the best of them.

But the wine looked too good.

”I’ll just have some juice please. Any kind is fine, it doesn’t matter to me.”

The waiter noted it. "We do have a wonderful selection. I am certain we can find something that will fit your tastes."

Angela gave a shake of her head with a smirk. Would it kill him to make a choice for himself? The girl wondered as the waiter stepped away.

”Is it bad that I cant wait for Ema to get done dancing so that the three of us can spend some time together like in the old days?”

Rather than answer immediately, she spoke her mind to him. "You know, you could have at least told him what you like." From the centre of the table, she plucked a purple pearl from the cluster of grapes. "I hope he gives you something you hate, something bitter or sour, just so you know better next time... know to be more decisive." The grape slipped between her lips with a playful pop before she chewed away with a smile.

But that did not answer his question. After giving a pause to let her words sink, to which she found great amusement, she answered. "So... what do you want to do when Ema joins us? Aside from dancing. She always wants to dance..." Emalia had no doubt Emalia would pull Gavael onto the dance floor the moment she returned to them.
Kate

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 am

Even though Gavael had seen his friend shake her head and smirk at him, he made a point not to think on it too much. Quiet honestly, he actually just pretty much ignored it. Growing up with Angela and Ema, he had learned that they liked to tease him and mess around with him. Some of the time, he would give it right back to them, but on the other hand, some of the time he would just ignore it. Honestly, he found that he had gotten pretty good at letting those kind o things just slip right past over the years, just like today. Sure, he could have said something funny, or witty, or sarcastic back, but he decided to just roll with it this time.

For the briefest of moments, a confused look appeared on the young man’s face, as He tried to figure out exactly what his friend was going on about. Smiling a bit he gave her a slight shrug. ”Well, I could have I guess, but I didn’t reall y want to be as picky as you were being, that’s all.” At the mention of getting something bitter or sour, the young man could not help but make a face. Indeed his friend was right. He hated bitter and sour things, but, if that's what he ended up with, he would just have to deal with it, or it had been his own doing. "Well, thanks for that. That's awfully nice of you." he replied sarcastically.

Gavael had to stop and think for a moment when Angela turned the question to him. What did he want to do? Honestly, he had no idea. Shrugging he said, "Honestly, I dont know. I hadn't really thought of anything. I just wanted to be able to spend some time with you guys and catch up, but nothing in particular came to my mind."

The waiter came back, setting their drinks down and opening the bottle of wine, pouring a glass for Angela. Smiling, Gavael took a sip of his drink and was pleased to find that it had a sweet. Grinning he smirked at his friend and said teasingly, "Well, it seems your hopes didnt work out. This is sweet, and its actually very good."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shaihulud

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Always count upon Gavael to provide a satirical retort. The roll of his eyes, the with the sour delivery; it was perfect. Under normal circumstances, she might have missed the context of his remark entirely, for sarcasm was nearly always lost on her. But not with Gavael. Not this time. Angela could honestly say she missed him. No matter the punches they threw at each other from time to time, they all knew how to take it in jest. Unless injury was truly intended, it was difficult for one to ever offend the other.

Of course, when she asked her question, he answered with the same indecisiveness that led her to tease him in the first place. "Really? No idea? None at all?" she asked, the threat of another taunt looming in her spirited voice. Tempted by the possibility of egging him once more, silver eyes sparked gleefully at the prospect. Her smile broadened into a pearly white grin.

The waiter appeared before she could, delivering the uncorked bottle of wine and Gavael's unspecified glass of juice.

Did he like it? Angela wondered as he took the first sip.

The satisfaction that lit in his eyes gave him away before he spoke. "Well, it seems your hopes didnt work out. This is sweet, and its actually very good."

"Happy to hear," she chuckled as she poured herself only half a glass of the red she ordered. Though willing to partake this one time, she wanted to make sure she did not imbibe too much, especially with the hatching so close.

Angela would have asked him more, but before she could speak, the music sparked once more for another dance, a large dance, one where the dancers covered either side of the floor and the lights darkened. The notes of a violin murmured into the air, accompanied by the light plucks of a guitar. Once the music began, the dance soon followed sweeping across the floor in a lively flurry. It successfully managed to distract Angela for a time as she nodded to the music and watched the captivating moves of the performers. Halfway through the song, Emalia finally made an appearance with several others, dressed in a pale dress with shimmers of green. An opal! This was a dance of dragons with all the various dragon colours sweeping across the floor with the silver strands of thread cutting in between. The realisation caused Angela to glow, and once the dance concluded, she clapped with the overwhelming thunderous applause.

Now the night could truly begin!

Emalia slipped a wave to them just before she slipped off the floor, likely to change into something far more suitable for the night.

Her sister positively beamed at the prospect. "Shards, I can't wait for her to join us again. I haven't really been able to speak to her in several weeks." In truth, Angela was eager to see her sister, if only for the fact Emalia had dealt with too much in the previous months. Emalia was always a fighter, but even she had reached her limits with the events of Kendon. If Emalia said nothing on the matter of the man, she would respect that. Sometimes it was best to move on rather than dwell.

Still, that did not stop the sense of protection flare within Angela.
Kate

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:23 am

For a moment, grey eyes stared at his friend once more as he heard that tone in his friend’s voice. From experience, he knew that she was getting ready to tease him again, and he knew exactly why too. It was true that he was indecisive, but in his defense, that was just how he had always been. Gav had always been the type to just go with the flow and whatever other people wanted. He knew quiet well that this was not exactly the best thing, but he honestly didn’t know if he could change how he was now.

Looking at his friend, he shrugged a bit helplessly. ”Honestly, I kind of just figured we would sit around and just, be together. Talk about old times, catch up. But, I'm sure with Ema involved there will also be a dance or tow, even if I dont want to. Somehow I will find myself dancing too."

Smirking, he took another drink of his juice. Oh he wanted to gloat so badly, but before he could think of anything to say, music started up once again. Of course, this took his attention away from the conversation at hand, and once again about halfway through, his grey eyes were locked on Ema as she came back onto the stage and started dancing once more. Captivated by his friend's movements, it was almost as if the passage of time didnt really exist. If you were to ask him how long he thought he'd been watching her, he'd have to tell you that he honestly didnt know.

Finally, once the dancing was done again, he turned his attention back to Angela just in time to hear what she said, and throw her a smile. "I cant wait either. It feels like it's been longer than it really has been since the last time the three of us were able to talk to each other and have a good time." Honestly, the young man couldn't remember for sure, but he was pretty sure the last time all three of them were together had been right before he had made up his mind that he had to leave this place.

Taking a sip of his drinks he chuckled softly and said, "Don't tell her, but I'm kind of hoping she is danced out. Im kind of exhausted after the trip today and such, but you know how I am when it comes to her asking me to dance."
Shaihulud

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:54 pm

"Don't tell her, but I'm kind of hoping she is danced out. Im kind of exhausted after the trip today and such, but you know how I am when it comes to her asking me to dance."

Angela gave a swirl of her wine as she regarded him with a frown. "You could always tell her 'no'," she said in all manner of seriousness. While she loved her sister, Gavael was still her friend. Even boys were allowed to say 'no' if they really did not want to do anything; a dance was no exception. "Because I doubt she will be tired out. Know you how she can be- I mean you know how she can be." Sometimes the slip of a tongue led Angela to correct herself immediately. Why was it so easy for her to get tongue tied? She had hardly even touched her wine. But that did not make what she said any less true.

The moment Emalia eventually joined them, her energy would sweep over them both, and eager as ever to dance. Angela, of course would oblige her, going her in a fun group chain that would inevitably occur, but for more one on one dances, either Gavael would say 'yes', or he would say 'no', and Emalia would be forced to find another partner.

"I'm sure Emalia could find someone easily if you didn't want to. Don't feel forced because of her."
Kate

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:07 am

When Gavael saw the frown on his friend's face, it made one appear on his own. No matter how hard he tried not to, he couldn't help but wish that he could make everyone happy, or at least, not see them frown. It was one of his bad habits that he hadn't been able to kick yet. It was the main reason why he had come home, even though he couldn't stand Ar'vis. The young man would do anything he could to make his mother happy. Seeing that smile on her face when she saw him, made everything worth it. Plus, seeing the shock on his friends faces as well had been worth it too.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts as Angela spoke, he nodded slowly. "Oh, I know I could tell her no. I just, don’t like to. It’s just, who I am. You should know that by now.” Of course, he wasn’t being mean or anything, he was just stating a fact. They had been friends for a long time now, so it would only be logical that Ema and Angela would kno him as well as he knew himself.

Taking a sip of his juice, he chuckled a little. ”Well, that’s true. I’m sure she would have no trouble.” Grey eyes glanced around, hoping that that wasn’t the case. For some reason, the thought of her dancing with some other guy (or girl he guessed), made him feel a little weird. Quickly, he pushed those thoughts away, knowing that it sounded stupid.

Looking around, he tried to find Ema, but she wasn’t in sight yet. He knew she would eventually be here, but he was just very eager to catch up with her.
Shaihulud

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 am

Well then if it was just who he was, and he did not want to tell her no, then it he had no reason to complain. Dismissing his feelings altogether, Angela took a long sip of her wine, retiring the subject all together as far as she was concerned.

”Well, that’s true. I’m sure she would have no trouble.”

It so often seemed that Emalia never had trouble with such things. Meanwhile, Angela was always left behind to figure it out for herself. Of late, she realised aside from her appreciation of another, like that which she once had for K'rios, she really did not care about that sort of thing, at least not like Emalia. Even just the thought of kissing someone, the want of it, felt odd to her. She liked the idea of the closeness one shared during any sort of form of intimacy, but she had no desire for the act itself in any degree.

She also could scarcely understand the yearning other people had towards physical intimacy. Once, when Angela and Emalia walked down the corridors together, and Emalia spotted a cute guy, she whispered to Angela how cute she found the young man, and how kissable his lips seemed. All Angela could ask in turn was "Why would you want to kiss him? You don't even know his name..."

Naturally, Emalia would roll her eyes, "Because they look soft, and would probably feel nice."

"But wouldn't it feel weird?"

Emalia laughed back, "No, why would it?"

"Because you don't know him," answered Angela, though she was surprised she had to state the obvious.

Much to her dismay, Emalia waved off her sisters concerns, "And?"

That day, Angela learned how she felt about intimacy and how her sister felt about it were hardly one in the same. Emalia would kiss a man if she found him attractive enough. She dreamed of kisses and intimacy enough to leave her breathless. Angela, however, had no care for such things. Even the merest thought of contact with a stranger in any sort of intimate fashion was treated with a healthy measure of disdain. Perhaps this was why Emalia found it so much easier to find dance partners. She faced the challenge of a dance with a smile, knowing full well the subtleties of intimacy often involved.

Angela, however would rather not, not when enough dance partners had previously let their hand slip a finger tip too low when they whispered uncalled for things into her ear. "I'd really like to kiss you, Angie," murmured the memories of a boy not so long ago. Her heart clenched, she pulled back in a startle to regard him, this person she had only met a handful of times. He leaned in to kiss her, she slipped from his hold, and out of the dining hall she ran.

So if she was so blind to the attraction of a dance, and if Gavael had vocalised his own desires not to dance, how could she even begin to understand the things he thought of? How could she know that the twinges of possible jealousy had begun to nibble away at the back of his thoughts?

After a song struck again, beckoning the patrons to the dance floor, a familiar figure appeared in the distance. No longer decked in her light dancing attire, Emalia walked towards them, donning a white dress with blue lacing with her head of curls looping all the way down to her waist. Upon seeing her sister, Angela made sure to pour her a glass of wine as well.

"Ready to enjoy yourself?" Angela smiled, pleased to see Emalia had returned.

Her sister smiled as she took the offered glass. "Yes! Please don't get me wrong, but... I am so glad it's all over. I've barely had a chance to enjoy the gather all day today. The Master Harper was here, so... we had to all do our best." She enjoy a healthy sip before she looked to regard Gavael and smile. "Is... is that a 'lizard pot?" she asked a she gestured to the clay pot he had retrieved earlier in the gather. For the meantime, she stood, for she was not entirely ready to seat herself just yet. Besides, it gave the silver flit at her shoulder a chance to peek about from a vantage.
Kate

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:04 am

Now, Gavael knew that he sounded like a little child, and there was a part of him that didn’t care. At the same time though, the other part of him, the one that wanted him to be seen as an adult, and only an adult, told him he’d better stop thinking the way he was. People got told no all the time, it really was not that big of a deal. Plus, this whole, not liking the thought of other guys asking her to dance was not a good thing either. Was it jealousy? Honestly, he didn’t know. He’d never really been one to dwell on who asked who out. Ema had always just been a friend, and he was just going to continue to see her as that.

Oh, if he only knew how difficult that would be, he probably would have just given up on that, and continued to be jealous. Though, that didn’t sound like a great plan either actually. Gav instantly found himself wishing that theee was someone he could talk to that would understand, tell him what the best course would be at the moment. Obviously he couldn’t ask Angela, because he was pretty sure she would be just about as clueless about this as he was. There was no way he could ask arms, because that would mean admitting that he was jealous and what not. Maybe he would just ask Aniday. The older man had to have a little bit of knowledge to share, right? Besides, they had promised each other that they were going to catch up before they both had to leave. So, with that, his mind was made up. When he met with Aniday, he would ask him, and see what advice the other man could give him.

Looking up, he was just in time to see Emalia walking towards them. Quickly, the young man had to keep his jaw from dropping open in front of everyone. While he had seen his friend in a dress before, he had never really paid much attention. Well, until now that was.

Rather quickly the young man managed to pull himself back together as his friend spoke about the Master Harper being there. Smiling he said, ”Wrll, you have nothing to worry about there. You were amazing!”

Picking up via glass he took a sip and looked at Emalia as she asked him about a ‘lizard pot. It took him just a moment to figure out exactly what she was talking about. Once he did, he nodded eagerly. “Yes it is. I bought one earlier while Angela and I were walking around. It’s a very pretty egg, and I hope it turns into an equally beautiful ‘lizard. If you want to see it, be my guest.”
Shaihulud

Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:15 pm

At the sound of his offer, how could Emalia turn it down? Rather than lean in closer, she stood up from her seat next to Angela, and rounded the table to sit next to Gavael instead. Hands clasped around the belly of the clay jar, and dragged it in front of her. A curious glance was spared to Gavael, just before fingers swept away some of the sands to reveal the mottled shell. "How big is it?" she asked, if only to better gauge what might be hidden within. "Fancy flit?"

Angela rolled her eyes and gave a shake of her head. "Not a fancy flit. He got a firelizard."

"Of course you would make him get a firelizard." Silver eyes turned back to Gavael, eyes that matched the fancy flit now settled onto spot she once occupied by Angela's side. "You know, if you want a fancy flit, we can go back and get one." She meant it in jest, though she was also partially serious as well. Angela could be so opinionated, and there was absolutely no need to let her guilt Gavael into a firelizard if he really wanted a fancy flit.

Besides, Ciri was a wonderful example of how fancy flits could be.
Kate

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:11 am

Grey eyes could not help but watch his friend’s every move as she made her way around the table and sat down next to him, bringing the egg closer to her so that she could get a better look. Gav honestly didn’t know if he was watching her because he was worried about the egg or because he just couldn’t take his eyes off of her. The young man had a feeling it was more the latter. It would be silly to be worried about the egg. It’s not like she was going to harm it in any way or anything like that.

As she asked the questions, he found himself shrugging. ”It’s not huge, but it’s not exactly small either.” Before he could answer the other question, Angela answered it for him. For a moment, the young man didn’t exactly know what to say. He knew the two girls were only joking around, but at the same time he did not want this to start a fight, or anything like that.

Shaking his head he said, ”No, I’m good with a fire lizard for now. Maybe if, and when, I decide to get another one, I will consider a fancy flit.”

Gav picked up bus juice and took another swig if it as a new song started up. ”So, how long do you think it will take the Master Harper to figure out that you are the best one of the bunch here?” While he wasn’t entirely sure that she was actually the best, he thought she was, and that was more than enough for him. Besides, it wouldn’t hurt to get a few brownie points now would it?