Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.
Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Dreamer216

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:31 pm

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Ellenor/El
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Yes, as long as it does not end with loss of limb or blindness. Big gashes/scars and broken bones are fine with me though.

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
El is a fighter through and through, she's been raised a weyrbrat, all she wants to do is fly with the fighting wings. I love dragonets which at first seem like they clash with their rider, but then the two grow together and help each other. Im also a fan of shorter names, as I dont usually like to give the dragons nicknames.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
I dont particularly want a very subservient personality, or she will just walk all over her dragon.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I absolutely love hatchings. Having run a few myself I know how hard it is to find the right pairs, so Im always grateful for the hard work that the staff put into it. Im especially a big fan of dragon designs and personalities and meshing the two together.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Yes
I would prefer a non-canon color for her, since part of her character is her distrust and prejudice against them coming from Igen. Or at least a non-traditional bond, like a femme-brown rider. That said, any non-canon/non-traditional color/bond is fine, male or female.
For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy?
"Well the honest truth was I wanted to be the first in my family to be a rider. I wasn't content to just be stuck in the kitchens all day long like my mom. I want to be in the skies fighting thread!"

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
"Anything is better than than being grounded, but I'd like to be a Wing third someday, maybe even more. But I'd rather not deal with any of that diplomacy stuff. People are sketchy."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"I do the job that needs to be done. If the leader is doing well, I will absolutely support and back them up. But I dont like watching people do a bad job, in that case Ill do something about it. So I could see myself as someone's direct backup and support. Definitely not a yes man or a foot stool though."

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
"Well, Im still not sure about all those new... colors. I guess I probably shouldnt say that, but its how I feel! But... I also cant get very far with just a green. I dont know. Ive always thought Id bond a green, but maybe... I'd consider a blue, or maybe a Brown. At least Browns are more reliable." *side eyes non-canon colors*

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
"Look, Im a hard worker, Ill do whatever needs to be done, you can count on that. And I wont let anyone get away with being mean to anyone else, you can fight me!
Okay so maybe Im a little distrusting, and I don't even know why Im telling you this? Anyway, Im still not sure about this new Weyr and its people and dragons. There has to be something going on behind the scenes."

---------------------------------------------

For the Player -
Character Name: Kyrie
Type of Candidacy: Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
Sure, but mostly minor mauling.

Honestly just mesh well with Kyrie and Kyresk, preferably something that is a more happy or childish personality even shy, just not something terribly arrogant.

Nothing bigger than Kyresk please, in both size and just ego/personality.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I really appreciate bonds that fit personality wise, not like perfectly the same, but that encourage growth and interaction between characters. I am a big sucker also for drama on the sands and I absolutely love drawing and designing babies.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
She'll be standing as a dualbond candidate! Im excited to see what she gets eventually.
"Well, my original candidacy was so long ago... but back then it was for the novelty of the thing. Now that I have Kyresk, well Im hoping for another companion to fill out our little family after Kisk's death from felines."

"Kyresk and I are already doing our jobs as best as possible in guarding our home. One day I would like to help establish better relations with Walled Hold, maybe encourage some more candidates to come from there to bolster the ranks."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"Well, Im not averse to being a leader, but I prefer to follow other people. It leaves me with more time and freedom to pursue my interests."

"I already have Kyresk, so I have some responsibilities due to his rank, though they arent many. In truth I long for a smaller companion, much like my Kisk, who I miss dearly. It just seems wrong to be just me and Kyresk."

"Well I am always excited to try something new! I think thats a good thing, that and being willing to learn from my mistakes. I certainly know I can come off as off putting and arrogant sometimes, I have to remember that women here dont have precedence, nor is it my house where I hold some significant influence. Here I am just and Agatehandler, and sometimes I forget that."
Last edited by Dreamer216 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

For the Player
Character Name: Prasanti

Yup! Just nothing taking off limbs or blinding her, she loves her craft.

(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)
Prasanti is good at molding herself to whatever role she is placed in so I can see her being good at almost everything. She's stubborn and might not take orders from those she doesn't respect too well, but depending on the bond this can be fixed.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
Prasanti is a determined firecracker and I'd like to avoid having a clone of her personality - other than that I'm open to anything for her!

Everything about it ;3; I love hatchings and especially love their impression moment. I also love intricate designs and color combinations on dragons so go ham if you want to!

I might purchase a token for her, if I find that I have developed a preference for her as I get to know her. I'll edit this section if I do.
For the Character
The opportunity arose and I love new experiences. The thrill of riding on a dragon is also appealing to me.

I am not sure; I just want to do my part to keep the Weyr safe and running.

I see myself as a leader if I need to be but mainly a follower in situations I do not know much about.

I honestly couldn't tell you; all of them are desirable to me.

I am adventurous and always wanting to experience new things but I believe this is also my worst trait because I am constantly seeking for another experience to top my recent one.
Image Image Image Image
Aihinoeth ~ Kaurrunoth ~ Candidate ~ Weyrfolk
Art Shop. Marks Tracker. Character Tracker
Kate

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Character Name: GAVAELJ
Type of Candidacy: (Dragon, wher, etc)
Sure as long as it is not a super bad mauling
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.) Either leadership or diplomacy, but I’m leaning more towards him being a leader.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
Not really. He is just trying to fulfill his “father’s” wish
What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? Pretty much everything! I don’t know how I could ever decide!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? he is all set!
What brought you into Candidacy? Being a dragon rider is in my blood, or so I’ve been told many times, so it was just natural for me to stand at some point

I really just want to fulfill my fathers wish of me having a dragon. Maybe live up to the potential he saw it me. Whatever that means

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? Honestly either or, but probably more a leader since I am the son of a Weyrwoman

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? Anything except a green. Not that there is anything wrong with greens I just don’t see me having one

What do you think your best and worst traits are? My best trait? Just being myself I guess? My worst trait? Not really letting anyone get close to me. I know I probably should, but I’m done being hurt
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:25 am

Character Name: Keles
Yes, but not to the point where it causes permanent disability. Scars are fine, and I especially enjoy playing out the healing of a thigh mauling with a limp for a while as well!

Keles is a Trader and has spent much of her time being nomadic. If she were able to travel around and map Southern and explore for expansion etc she would be thrilled. That being said, she would also be a good ambassador to the Northern Traders if one was needed. She’s open to all growth opportunities, though these are most likely where she would shine.

Aggressive, angry dragons would not suit her well. By aggression I mean straight up mean. There are possessive-aggressive types and these are fine. Extremely passive dragons might be a little boring for her as well, given her love of adventure but I can work with anything else.

I would prefer Keles to bond to a non-Canon color since I have only ever played on Canon sites and would like to explore outside of my comfort zone.

I enjoy torturing my characters with being the last to Impress or to come VERY CLOSE to Impressing a dragonet and then that one not end up being theirs. The anticipation, nerves, and then let down to ultimately end up Impressing in the end is really fun to post during a Hatching lol

No; her Impression is very, very open to what is needed/works for plot/is the most fun/torturing for the enjoyment of others and myself.
Keles shifts her feet, wanting to be honest and nervous for the response
“If I am honest… I wanted to do more with my life than live in an arranged marriage as a lie. You see…” Keles explains her arranged marriage and how she came to be at Southern with her friend, his husband and their companion animals and finally how she was accepted as a Candidate for Atricis. “I wanted to fight thread, meet new people, make a life for myself outside of the life of a Trader. I wanted to settle down and learn to live in once place. I wanted to earn my own honor and not live on the reputation of my family. Here, at Atricis, I can make a name for myself because I’m not known as a Trader here. I want to put my skills that I have learned so far toward enriching the people of the Weyr and bringing new ideas.”

A sheepish smile lights the woman’s face as she puts her hand on Zella’s head.
“If you like, I can expand further but I seemed to have answered this question in my previous answer.”

The young woman pauses and takes several moments to consider the question.
“I think… that I am pretty bold and assertive. I like to be outspoken and heard but at the same time, I have lived my entire life working with a moving community as part of a team.

If I'm honest, I would like a chance to prove myself and lead the team or earn a leadership position. Tactical thinking is something I had to consider very often in the best way to protect our caravan and also planning shifts for night watch and guarding duty fell to me. I feel like these would be invaluable to learning how to work with a group of people and lead them to success.

I have a heavy respect for a chain of command; a group works best when roles are defined and tasks are handed out to benefit each person’s ability… our caravan worked well because we played to the strengths of every individual. I feel like this gives me an insight into how to incorporate many personality and learning types within a group.”

“I don’t. You see, I have long believed that if you get your hopes up for something you think you deserve, then the thing you need and get seemes lessened. For that reason, I didn’t let myself shut my mind to any of the colors or roles. I am open to all of them and I know that if I Impress, it will be to the dragon color and role that best suits me and completes me.”

“I mentioned before my abilities in a good light so I would like to focus here on where I would like to improve and feel I need the most work.” Keles pauses, her brow furrowing as she works out how to proceed. “I feel like I am a fast learner and dedicated to detail, however domestic tasks and learning to still my body and mind to concentrate on a slow task could use improvement. It’s not that I don’t want to do the job well, it’s more that I feel like I can get so much more done if I do the task quickly.

In the past this has become an issue where I work myself to death and then suffer the consequences of overworking. I also need practice in learning to delegate when I need help or work in a group… Asking others for help is difficult for me as I don’t want to burden anyone with my incomprehension or inability to finish a task without help. For this reason I know that I have a flaw in that I choose tasks that are more independent than inclusionary. These are parts of myself that I want to work on whether I Impress or not and are things that I wouldn’t have gotten as much opportunity to learn as part of the Trade Caravan versus a stationary, settled community such as the Weyr.”
.::Marks Tracking :: Character Tracker & Recurring NPCs :: Halloween Candy Tracker::.
WARNING: Engaging in writing with this user means you will never be "caught up" on posting for long. Proceed at your own risk!
Image Image Image Image
Thessur
Pronouns: They/Them

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Character Name: Kulbit
As long as it's not permanent damage beyond minor scars, a bit of mauling could be fun.

I'd really love to see Kulbit grow into a leadership position. They are all about trying to change things for the better and helping others be their best. With their drive and determination, I think they could break through some of the more hidebound traditionalists and help bring about some real new and interesting changes to how things are done. They may not be the stereotype of a charismatic leader, but they could be great if given the chance. Wherever they land, they are going to defy expectations and shake things up.

I really, REALLY do not want green (personal gender dysphoria reasons). I'd kind of prefer not blue only because I've had all blueriders till now and would like something different.

It's always fun when there's at least a bit of surprise involved. The first hatching I took part in ended up being in the middle of a storm that fogged up the sands and had dragons and candidates stumbling around and impressing without knowing what color they had bonded to until the fog lifted and they could actually see each other. It was one of the most memorable ones I was ever part of.
Having the dragon reach out to the candidate mentally before they actually see each other is always a fun bit of suspense to play around with in my opinion.

Already have one from the newbie package applied! I'm hoping for Zultanite or any large or male dragon (since there aren't any nonbinary specific colors yet, except maybe white? And I'm hoping for a large dragon for Kulbit).
Update: I was gifted enough marks to buy a Dragonkin Mutation token for Kulbit! Hoping for some sort of gender shenanigains with it, or just oversized if an agender dragon is too much of a mutation for this token.
My mother was a dragonrider and I grew up in the weyr, watching the riders and dragons. I've seen the amazing things they can do, human and dragon together, and I want to be part of that.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
I want to protect Pern of course. But more than that, I want to help the weyr grow and change and be better. Tradition is important, but if we cling to it to hard, the weyr will never change and things that can't adapt don't survive. Pern is changing and growing and I want to help the weyr be part of helping those changes be positive ones.

I may not be the traditional image of a weyrleader, but I think someday I could definitely be one. A leader should be someone who is willing to dig into the records of the past and learn from them, but not be too bound by them. They should also be someone who listens to the concerns of others, but stands firm in their own convictions once they have considered all sides of a thing. I believe I fit both of those requirements, or at least, I'm working hard to fit them. I know for sure I'm every bit as qualified to be a leader someday as any candidate who ever went on to Impress a bronze or queen. I'm sure I'll prove it when the time comes.

When I've thought about what color my dragon will be someday, I've always thought they will be something strong, a dragon others will listen to. New colors of dragons have been happening over my own short lifetime. Maybe a new color that is like me, not male or female but strong, brave and good at leading, will hatch one day when I'm standing and come find me. More realistically, I could see myself on a Zultanite. But maybe a Bronze or Brown would be a good fit for me too.

My best and worst traits are kind of tied together. My best trait is that I am very determined. I don't let others tell me who to be or what I can accomplish. I don't let obstacles or resistance stop me from doing what is right or what needs to be done. If I set myself a goal, I find a way to make it happen.
My worst trait is I'm pretty stubborn. I can sometimes hold on to things when I should let them go. I don't think I have a bad temper, but I know I can hold a grudge. And sometimes I can take the bit in my teeth and get real stubborn plowing ahead when I should pause a minute and maybe change how I'm trying to get to my goal.