Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.
Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Dreamer216
Tag Status:

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:31 pm

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Ellenor/El
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Yes, as long as it does not end with loss of limb or blindness. Big gashes/scars and broken bones are fine with me though.

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
El is a fighter through and through, she's been raised a weyrbrat, all she wants to do is fly with the fighting wings. I love dragonets which at first seem like they clash with their rider, but then the two grow together and help each other. Im also a fan of shorter names, as I dont usually like to give the dragons nicknames.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
I dont particularly want a very subservient personality, or she will just walk all over her dragon.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I absolutely love hatchings. Having run a few myself I know how hard it is to find the right pairs, so Im always grateful for the hard work that the staff put into it. Im especially a big fan of dragon designs and personalities and meshing the two together.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Yes
I would prefer a non-canon color for her, since part of her character is her distrust and prejudice against them coming from Igen. Or at least a non-traditional bond, like a femme-brown rider. That said, any non-canon/non-traditional color/bond is fine, male or female.
For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy?
"Well the honest truth was I wanted to be the first in my family to be a rider. I wasn't content to just be stuck in the kitchens all day long like my mom. I want to be in the skies fighting thread!"

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
"Anything is better than than being grounded, but I'd like to be a Wing third someday, maybe even more. But I'd rather not deal with any of that diplomacy stuff. People are sketchy."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"I do the job that needs to be done. If the leader is doing well, I will absolutely support and back them up. But I dont like watching people do a bad job, in that case Ill do something about it. So I could see myself as someone's direct backup and support. Definitely not a yes man or a foot stool though."

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
"Well, Im still not sure about all those new... colors. I guess I probably shouldnt say that, but its how I feel! But... I also cant get very far with just a green. I dont know. Ive always thought Id bond a green, but maybe... I'd consider a blue, or maybe a Brown. At least Browns are more reliable." *side eyes non-canon colors*

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
"Look, Im a hard worker, Ill do whatever needs to be done, you can count on that. And I wont let anyone get away with being mean to anyone else, you can fight me!
Okay so maybe Im a little distrusting, and I don't even know why Im telling you this? Anyway, Im still not sure about this new Weyr and its people and dragons. There has to be something going on behind the scenes."

---------------------------------------------

For the Player -
Character Name: Kyrie
Type of Candidacy: Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
Sure, but mostly minor mauling.

Honestly just mesh well with Kyrie and Kyresk, preferably something that is a more happy or childish personality even shy, just not something terribly arrogant.

Nothing bigger than Kyresk please, in both size and just ego/personality.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I really appreciate bonds that fit personality wise, not like perfectly the same, but that encourage growth and interaction between characters. I am a big sucker also for drama on the sands and I absolutely love drawing and designing babies.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
She'll be standing as a dualbond candidate! Im excited to see what she gets eventually.
"Well, my original candidacy was so long ago... but back then it was for the novelty of the thing. Now that I have Kyresk, well Im hoping for another companion to fill out our little family after Kisk's death from felines."

"Kyresk and I are already doing our jobs as best as possible in guarding our home. One day I would like to help establish better relations with Walled Hold, maybe encourage some more candidates to come from there to bolster the ranks."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"Well, Im not averse to being a leader, but I prefer to follow other people. It leaves me with more time and freedom to pursue my interests."

"I already have Kyresk, so I have some responsibilities due to his rank, though they arent many. In truth I long for a smaller companion, much like my Kisk, who I miss dearly. It just seems wrong to be just me and Kyresk."

"Well I am always excited to try something new! I think thats a good thing, that and being willing to learn from my mistakes. I certainly know I can come off as off putting and arrogant sometimes, I have to remember that women here dont have precedence, nor is it my house where I hold some significant influence. Here I am just and Agatehandler, and sometimes I forget that."
Last edited by Dreamer216 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

For the Player
Character Name: Prasanti

Yup! Just nothing taking off limbs or blinding her, she loves her craft.

(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)
Prasanti is good at molding herself to whatever role she is placed in so I can see her being good at almost everything. She's stubborn and might not take orders from those she doesn't respect too well, but depending on the bond this can be fixed.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
Prasanti is a determined firecracker and I'd like to avoid having a clone of her personality - other than that I'm open to anything for her!

Everything about it ;3; I love hatchings and especially love their impression moment. I also love intricate designs and color combinations on dragons so go ham if you want to!

I might purchase a token for her, if I find that I have developed a preference for her as I get to know her. I'll edit this section if I do.
For the Character
The opportunity arose and I love new experiences. The thrill of riding on a dragon is also appealing to me.

I am not sure; I just want to do my part to keep the Weyr safe and running.

I see myself as a leader if I need to be but mainly a follower in situations I do not know much about.

I honestly couldn't tell you; all of them are desirable to me.

I am adventurous and always wanting to experience new things but I believe this is also my worst trait because I am constantly seeking for another experience to top my recent one.
Image Image Image Image Image
Aihinoeth ~ Kaurrunoth ~ Circeth ~ Weyrfolk ~ Nievath
Art Shop. Marks Tracker. Character Tracker
Kate
Tag Status:

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

Character Name: GAVAELJ
Type of Candidacy: (Dragon, wher, etc)
Sure as long as it is not a super bad mauling
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.) Either leadership or diplomacy, but I’m leaning more towards him being a leader.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
Not really. He is just trying to fulfill his “father’s” wish
What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? Pretty much everything! I don’t know how I could ever decide!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? he is all set!
What brought you into Candidacy? Being a dragon rider is in my blood, or so I’ve been told many times, so it was just natural for me to stand at some point

I really just want to fulfill my fathers wish of me having a dragon. Maybe live up to the potential he saw it me. Whatever that means

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? Honestly either or, but probably more a leader since I am the son of a Weyrwoman

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? Anything except a green. Not that there is anything wrong with greens I just don’t see me having one

What do you think your best and worst traits are? My best trait? Just being myself I guess? My worst trait? Not really letting anyone get close to me. I know I probably should, but I’m done being hurt
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saerle
Title: Laureate
Tag Status: Open

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:25 am

As a side note for all of my Candidates, please do not give me names that start with a Y. I have a mental disconnect with that naming scheme of first-letter Y's and I don't want to hate any names I get ^^;;;;

Character Name: Merinna
Light mauling is fine -- she's young, but not perfect. She does have Nip's Stealth though so she is quicker on her feet than some kids. Plus, she was already bitten by Wraith and healed of it by the time Lamiath's clutch Hatches xD

I haven't quite figured it out. I would love for them to be a pair that goes out into the world for exploring, diplomacy, information gathering (to utilize Nip's Stealth) etc. I think when Rin grows up more she might have an interest in being a support to leadership as a Junior to the Senior Queenriders, though. She'd make a very good assistant and a fast learner of people's names/dragons because of her Perfect Recall.

I don't necessarily want her to get a mean dragon. She's pretty young and a dragon on par with Wraith would be hard for her to handle. She does have an Impression token as I'm hoping for a Zultanite for her. A personality that grows with the age of the rider would be a fun one to develop in character... especially if she got a Zultanite that insisted on being mothering toward her.

I think I would enjoy the challenge of a possessive/jealous dragon for her though. Perhaps not mean, but protective of her rider and wary to let people close. Especially after seeing what happened to Rin's brother through the memories that Perfect Recall brings up.

[Copied from Keles]
I enjoy torturing my characters with being the last to Impress or to come VERY CLOSE to Impressing a dragonet and then that one not end up being theirs. The anticipation, nerves, and then let down to ultimately end up Impressing in the end is really fun to post during a Hatching lol For Merinna I expect that she will be let down often which will also be good character development for her -- unless by Faranth's grace she Impresses sooner rather than later.

I have, it can be found on the top of her profile.
[Merinna is answering this before her injury with Wraith in the Infirmary]
*Merinna meets the eyes of her interviewer*
"My Aunty Syra brought me here after a lot of bad things happened in my family. My brother was taken by the Unseen slave ring and I found his body. My mother and father thought coming to the Weyr would help me get used to him being gone. And I wanted a change of pace. I've always admired my Aunty for her dragon and I want to follow in her footsteps and hopefully be a dragonrider myself one day."

"There is a man here, somewhere, that tried to save my brother and Aunty says he took down the slave ring that took Asa. First, I want to find him and then I want to work with him and other dragonriders to take down more rings so that other children aren't taken and killed like Asa. I want to avenge him.
[I literally just learned this about her, wow!]

"Mm.. I think I'm both. I can work as part of a team, and I can do things on my own if I need to. So I guess it would depend on what is needed of me at the time?"

"I don't know… I love all of the dragons. I'd just be happy to be able to Impress. My mother and father weren't dragonriders so I don't know what to expect. Aunty Syra says I could be anything I set my mind to."
[Merinna does not know, at this point, that her mother is Syra and that both of her biological parents are dragonriders.]

"I think that they are the same thing, actually. I'm fearless… but… it can be a good thing, and a bad thing. I've gotten through some hard stuff in life. I made me grow up fast. I have trouble showing emotion sometimes, too. But…" *Merinna shrugged* "Who doesn't sometimes?"
[Merinna does not tell people about her compartmentalizing and secret panic/anxiety attacks. These later cause her depression that she has to work though and learn to accept mental support from others.]

Character Name: Killainy (goes by Lainy)
Type of Candidacy: Pearl
I'm always open to light mauling that isn't permanently disabling.

Lainy has been given Dragonkin Charmer and Daredevil. I think that Leadership, or support Leadership as well as exploration would be what she's best suited for.

I don't think an extremely mean, aggressive or angry Pearl would be for her. I would prefer a female for her (and there is an Impression token for this as well). As far as overtones go, none are off limits.

It makes me really sad when a baby dies or is injured... or when it's hatched deformed and in obvious pain -- but these are all part of life and they do make Hatchings interesting. I also like making my Candidates go through internal torture of not being good enough, and then having an emotional reaction to their bonding (because they Impress last) and realize they were silly to be so worried xD

Yes; there is an Impression token on her profile:
Impression token:
It should be noted that whenever Lainy Impresses I intend to use a Legendary Size token on her (already purchased). Ideally I would like a female of the White-Gold or White-Blue coloring, if possible, but I'd just be happy to have a female. The two overtone colors are just my favorite ones above all of the others <3
"When I was very young I attended one of the Hatchings for Pearls. I found out later that when I could understand the Pearlings, my mother and brother could not. I took that as a sign that perhaps one day I might be suited to bonding a Pearl over a dragon. After that day I worked very hard on swimming and diving until I felt like I was ready to approach the Flotilla as a potential Candidate. I hope to dedicate myself to the Pearls and exploration and research of the ocean."

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler/Pearlrider?
"If I were lucky enough to be chosen by a Pearl as its partner, I would enjoy supporting the Leadership, exploring the oceans and documenting new creatures and places below the surface. If, one day, my partner and I show signs of being effective leaders I would welcome the chance to support my fellow Pearlriders in that capacity."

"As I mentioned, I think I could do well in that role, given the opportunity. That, of course, depends on the needs of the Flotilla and the Pearls of course but I would like to believe that I am a kind and fair person even in situations that are difficult to navigate."

"If I am honest, I don't believe that having a certain color/role in mind before Impression is the best way to be open to all of the possibilities. I have worked very hard to not place expectations in my own mind. I would like to think that a Pearl suited toward potential leadership might find me suitable but I think that whichever sort chooses me is what is best in the long run."

"It could be said that my best and worst trait is one in the same. I have a certain bravery and fearlessness that both benefits and inhibits me depending on the situation. It can be a good thing when it's time to explore and find new things or when it's time to step up for a role that others would not but it can be a bad thing when I put myself in danger as well. I'm young, of course, so I have an impulsive side that I hope to one day improve on but I know for a fact that I would never endanger my partner."
Last edited by Saerle on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
.::Marks Tracking :: Characters, Recurring NPCs & Available Family Tracker :: Candidate Questionnaires::.
Italic speech from dragon or human is telepathic, unstyled text is heard by anyone nearby for my characters.
Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Thessur
Pronouns: They/Them

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Character Name: Kulbit
As long as it's not permanent damage beyond minor scars, a bit of mauling could be fun.

I'd really love to see Kulbit grow into a leadership position. They are all about trying to change things for the better and helping others be their best. With their drive and determination, I think they could break through some of the more hidebound traditionalists and help bring about some real new and interesting changes to how things are done. They may not be the stereotype of a charismatic leader, but they could be great if given the chance. Wherever they land, they are going to defy expectations and shake things up.

I really, REALLY do not want green (personal gender dysphoria reasons). I'd kind of prefer not blue only because I've had all blueriders till now and would like something different.

It's always fun when there's at least a bit of surprise involved. The first hatching I took part in ended up being in the middle of a storm that fogged up the sands and had dragons and candidates stumbling around and impressing without knowing what color they had bonded to until the fog lifted and they could actually see each other. It was one of the most memorable ones I was ever part of.
Having the dragon reach out to the candidate mentally before they actually see each other is always a fun bit of suspense to play around with in my opinion.

Already have one from the newbie package applied! I'm hoping for Zultanite or any large or male dragon (since there aren't any nonbinary specific colors yet, except maybe white? And I'm hoping for a large dragon for Kulbit).
Update: I was gifted enough marks to buy a Dragonkin Mutation token for Kulbit! Hoping for some sort of gender shenanigains with it, or just oversized if an agender dragon is too much of a mutation for this token.
My mother was a dragonrider and I grew up in the weyr, watching the riders and dragons. I've seen the amazing things they can do, human and dragon together, and I want to be part of that.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
I want to protect Pern of course. But more than that, I want to help the weyr grow and change and be better. Tradition is important, but if we cling to it to hard, the weyr will never change and things that can't adapt don't survive. Pern is changing and growing and I want to help the weyr be part of helping those changes be positive ones.

I may not be the traditional image of a weyrleader, but I think someday I could definitely be one. A leader should be someone who is willing to dig into the records of the past and learn from them, but not be too bound by them. They should also be someone who listens to the concerns of others, but stands firm in their own convictions once they have considered all sides of a thing. I believe I fit both of those requirements, or at least, I'm working hard to fit them. I know for sure I'm every bit as qualified to be a leader someday as any candidate who ever went on to Impress a bronze or queen. I'm sure I'll prove it when the time comes.

When I've thought about what color my dragon will be someday, I've always thought they will be something strong, a dragon others will listen to. New colors of dragons have been happening over my own short lifetime. Maybe a new color that is like me, not male or female but strong, brave and good at leading, will hatch one day when I'm standing and come find me. More realistically, I could see myself on a Zultanite. But maybe a Bronze or Brown would be a good fit for me too.

My best and worst traits are kind of tied together. My best trait is that I am very determined. I don't let others tell me who to be or what I can accomplish. I don't let obstacles or resistance stop me from doing what is right or what needs to be done. If I set myself a goal, I find a way to make it happen.
My worst trait is I'm pretty stubborn. I can sometimes hold on to things when I should let them go. I don't think I have a bad temper, but I know I can hold a grudge. And sometimes I can take the bit in my teeth and get real stubborn plowing ahead when I should pause a minute and maybe change how I'm trying to get to my goal.
Drakka

Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:02 am

Character Name: Kaila

Type of Candidacy: Daywher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Absolutely, she already has some scars dealing with beasts, give her more!

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? I wouldn't mind leadership or guarding something, and two forceful personalities could be fun.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? I can't exactly see Kaila with an overly timid or passive personality.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I like the parts where both learn about the other in the very first moments they meet, it's cute.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Yes, an Impression Token.

What brought you into Candidacy? Candidancy opened up to me the moment I realized the bond between me and Snap wasn't like having a bond with a beast. Call me greedy, but I wanted more of this bond. Daywhers felt right, they decide things through battles and skills, not their color...guess I considered them similar to Canines, but that's good, I like them.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler? I haven't actually thought much about that...but I do want to make sure home is safe, and my family. There, I want to defend everything. I can do it, I will.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? A leader, absolutely. If I don't have to listen to those above me, I'll be the top, and good too.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? A Guardian or Caretaker role, they take care of the group, and if I have to take care of others, I'd like a similar mind.

What do you think your best and worst traits are? Uh...I think I'm solid on my ideas...but some people say I get angry quick, tch, idiots.
myrrh

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:02 pm

Character Name: Rhiamosa
I'd rather not with this one, but I'm somewhat open to it in general.
I'd like a partner that encourages her into a braver, possibly even reckless version of herself. Someone as sassy and snarky as I want her to become. Leadership would be a real struggle for her, but a more diplomatic position might work better.
Nope. Any partner would be a growing experience for her; maybe not in my planned direction, but that's part of the fun.
I just love the babies being physically awkward and at the same time sure of what they're looking for. And that moment of recognition...the yes, you are mine just makes me really happy.
I have not, however I did receive one as part of the "starter pack" PM. But I'm not using it on this character.
For the Character - to be filled out IC
I was Searched by Syra and Blue Rasenth.
What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
I want to protect the people closest to me and provide the best life possible for them. Even if I never Impress, my Candidacy has opened up a lot of possibilities we wouldn't have had otherwise.
Leadership is definitely not for me!
While every girl dreams of a Gold, realistically, I'd love a Green or Blue. They're so fast and agile!
I struggle to meet expectations and goals, but on the flip side, I'm loyal and honest.
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder

Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:30 am

Character Name: Nasassa
Type of Candidacy: Day Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? With how she is personality wise, she is probably going to be best suited to being a normal Day Wherhandler.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? Nope!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I love to see things that are going to make her work harder and break out of her shell. If you want to throw a Day Wher at her that is going to be a challenge to her, that would be fun!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Purchased a Rare Dragonkin Mutation to be used for a Chimera please!

Character Name: Kekkea
Type of Candidacy: Pearl
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Please yes, she needs something to knock her off of her high horse.

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? She would think leadership, I think she should go into Diplomacy or no major role.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? Something that is going to bend to her will.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? Something that will contradict her and make her actually do something for once. Basically the complete opposite of her.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Nope.

Character Name: Mesnelle
Type of Candidacy: Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Sure!

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? She would like to still be able to do her craft.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? Nope!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I would love to see something that is supportive of her.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Dualbond and Stands Impression

ImageImageImage
Pearl Candidate Kekkea
Journeywoman Starcrafter Mesenelle
Brokki of Blood Ziaviki
Dragon Candidate Surieka

Thread Tracker ~ Marks Tracker ~ Plotter ~ Candidate Questionnaire