Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.
Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Loyalty
Pronouns: She/Her

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 pm

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Toross
Type of Candidacy: Daywher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?

He has the unlucky trait. Enough said. =p

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)
Anything

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
N/A

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I love everything about hatchings. Good and bad.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
No, not for Toross.

Character Name: Elikos
Type of Candidacy: Dragon only
Yes.

(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)
Anything

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
I would not like to have a cowardly dragon for Elikos.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I love everything about hatchings. Good and bad.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
I have purchased a Stands Impression. Reasons: 1. If his one blind eye is discovered IC. 2. If he is never Searched IC.
Last edited by Loyalty on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

[..::|x| Toross ..::|x|::.. Elikos ..::|x|::.. Vikandra |x|::..]

Loot ..::|x|::.. Lists
Berry

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:13 am

For the Player - T
Character Name: Omiren
Yes, mildly is preferred if so. He's the heroic sort that would try to help or shield others if something wild were to happen. So it wouldn't be to odd if he did end up injured.

Omiren has the potential for leadership and that's something I could end up exploring for him, but it's not a sure thing or something I have to have. Personality wise perhaps something that won't put up with him wallowing in his previous broken bond, one that would push him forward through things or generally be supportive and loving but tough when Omi needs them to be? To be honest though I trust you guys and any personality you think would fit is a-okay.

Any personality that would acerbate his flaws is a preferred no go. Like a wher that would hoard him away in their room until Omi was feeling better or run along the lines of forgetful or negative like him. He would find it way to easy to never show up on time or wallow in what went wrong on any given day. As cute as having a pair of eeyore-esk guys sound I'm not sure what I would do with them from a character arc stand point.

Honestly a thing I enjoy is writing some snark or teasing between a bonded and their rider/handler. So maybe one or two conflicting personality traits, or not conflicting perse but ones that would lead to some butting heads and potential growth (and some fun dialogue for others to read). If that makes sense.

As for in general... uh no specific plot things. Interaction between the bebs or situations that would bring candidates together to talk due to bonding order or people getting mauled/spoken too?

I am using a mutation token for a sport/chim wher! No other tokens however.

Preference:
Sport color would be my preference but you guys make some amazing chims/hide mutation bebs so if you all end up making a chim/hide mutation that's alright too!
Tyriani
Title: Character Hoarder

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 pm

For the Player
Character Name: Nasassa
Type of Candidacy: Day Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? She is so much of a shy person, I would love to see her get some kind of rank that will challenge her to break that shyness. It might take time, but I could see Wherlinghood being that time to break her of most of the shy and outspoken nature that she has.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? Give me anything!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I love to see a bond that challenges their bonded as well as support them. A type of bond that gives that supportive nature to helping them change, or just a straight up challenge that states: 'You need to change and now'.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Yes, she has the Wherkin Token as well as the Rare Dragonkin Token (which I would love to see used for a Chimera please).
For the Character
What brought you into Candidacy? Umm...well..the Weyr has basically saved me from living on a failing farm, so I wanted to be able to repay the Weyr by joining their ranks. But upon seeing my brother so happy with a Wher, it made me want to become a Dayhandler as well.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dayhandler? I would love to be able to help. I want to see things change for the better, and I have this strange feeling that I can do that better as a Dayhandler. I wish to see changes that happen to make everyone happy, as well as keep everyone safe. I don't want to see others having the same issues I had growing up where the moment something starts to fail, you have to flee to feel safe.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? Honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I like to mainly be where things don't have to be too focused on. I love to multitask, so my mind is always on more than one thing to keep things running as smoothly as possible. I never really had to be in a situation where I was a leader or a follower, for working on a farm was more of just a solo effort to keep the plants and produce alive.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? I honestly can see myself bonding to any color that deems me worthy. I didn't come into the candidacy hoping to get a certain color, and I am not going to walk out thinking that I hate the color that I have bonded to. Every creature needs the love and support of a supportive bond, so no, I don't have a certain color that I see myself bonding to.

What do you think your best and worst traits are? My best would be my ability to multitask, my green thumb, and my patience. My worst traits, well, I am shy which makes me outspoken and I can be a bit of a procrastinator when I know that something doesn't take too long to complete.

For the Player
Character Name: Mesnelle
Type of Candidacy: Wher

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? I would like them to still be able to do her craft. She has no true interest in any kind of leadership, just her love for her craft.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? Nope, throw anything at her!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I would love to see a bond that will push her to be more than she is. Perhaps the wher has a sense of wanting a leadership role, while Mesnelle doesn't. The wher could want her to do more with her craft to become a better Starcrafter or to reach a Mastery rank in it.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Stands Impression & Dualbond

For the Player
Character Name: Kekkea
Type of Candidacy: Pearl

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do? She is the daughter of a Lord Holder, so seeing her get something to do with some minor leadership would be fun, but she is also trying to denounce that part of her life.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character? Nope!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I want to see her challenged, and horribly so. I kind of feel that she needs a polar opposite bond to be able to help her shape up to be the pearlrider that she wants to be.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Nope
For the Character
What brought you into Candidacy? I wanted to get away from an arranged marriage. I want to be able to do what I want to do without someone else telling me that I have to do something else. I want to be able to show that I am the kind of person who was truly born to hold something of power, and not just because my parents are Lord Holders.

What would you like to accomplish as a Pearlrider? I want to be able to show that your bloodlines and past don't have to be your defining factor. I want to be able to change how I view things, and I want to be able to help in any way that I can.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? Definitely a leader, I hate following orders, you can ask my parents if you wish.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? Something that will get me the goals that I want. To be able to have a leadership role, one must be able to gain that role by having a bond capable to lead.

What do you think your best and worst traits are? My best traits are my loyalty and my determination, while my worst would be my vain and manipulative ways of thinking and acting.
Last edited by Tyriani on Sun May 26, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LdyPayne

Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 am

Character Name: Kalesskel
Yes but nothing that would dismember or kill him.

(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.) Given Kal's strong sense of justice and personal ethics I can see him focusing more on fighting against the darker side of human nature. He is more likely to overlook a minor crime if it is more out of necessity but put a quick stop to those bullying those weaker than them just because they can. He is very much against corruption and people who don't respect others regardless of difference in rank. Thus I would like to see Kal teamed with a wher or two who share some of his own moral code.

Overly aggressive, disrepectiful or otherwise very opposite of who Kal is. They dont' have to be carbon copies of him and can have some opposing views or quirks but something that can still work with Kal's ethics and personality.

The wonderful art really makes them pop. That and interesting hatching/interactions once out of the shell (but still appropriate for a hatchling) Some mauling especially when there's good cause (not just blood for blood's sake.) Customization the hatching/Impression posts a little to react to what Candidates and other Hatchlings have done.

I will be purchasing a dual bond and likely using either a one time color token or mutation token (have both as prizes but will only use one for this character. For a Dualbond I'm thinking maybe an Agate and Prism or Green and Brown. Or any mix that we don't already have works for me. (I'm also open for Kal to Impress only one Wher at the next Hatching too, he can always dualbond another time.)
For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy?
Like many young men I had dreams of being a dragnrider but it was never as high a priority with me. Mastering the use of twin blades and being a good Legionaire and potentially replacing my father as Weapons's trainer was always a good fallback especially after failing to Impress the first few times I stood. Then I aged out and for reasons I rather not get into I left the Legion and came here to New Atricis to become a Wher Candidate. The creatures were something new and fascinating and I feel a nocturnal life and having such a loyal ally at my side would serve me well. Being a Guard of New Atricis a place I've come to see as far more just and fair in how it administers it's laws compared to my home is now my goal. A job both filled with adventure and purpose and my skills will serve well here.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
I think I answered this in part above, I wish to serve a Weyr who values life and justice above all else and respects people in general. A place that doesn't place position and power over others and personal ambitions above the law and above the welfare of the entire Weyr. I also crave excitement and adventure and being a Wherhandler feels like it could hold plenty of challenge for me.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
Oddly enough I don't see myself as a leader but I am not much of a follower either. It depends on the situation really. I don't presume I could be a fine leader but one thing I do know is I refuse to follow any leader who acts purely out of her or his own interests and not for the betterment of all who serve. I have no problem following the orders of a Leader I respect but should I lose trust in a leader then it'll be very difficult for me to continue to follow. I am not afraid to speak my mind and provide helpful advice if the situation warrants it not that I assume any advice I have to give must be followed. If I am put in charge of a task I certainly will listen to those in my command if they have good advice and take it in consideration and I may even use it should it prove a good idea. To put it shortly I am comfortable leading or following as the situation calls for.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
I'm a fighter by nature but a man who lives his life by his own code and respects the rules and regulations he must live under as long as they are just. As I'm still fairly new to being a Wher Candidate I am not completely sure which colour would suit me best. I don't think a clutcher would suit me, at least not any of the larger ladies. I can see myself doing quite well alongside any colour to be honest, all for various reasons but mostly a brown or Agate is likely to fit the best. Then again given my natural agility perhaps a green or Prism may match my style of combat. Fast and quick, overwhelm with speed and well placed blows...if words cannot solve any given issue. I don't want you to think fighting is the only way I solve problems, in fact I prefer to solve conflict with words and resort to conflict as a last resort.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
My best traits would be my respect for others and having a code of ethics that focuses on doing what is just and good. Keeping an open mind and not jumping to conclusions based on only half the facts. Being able to put myself in the shoes of others to better understand their motivations.
I'm stubborn especially when it comes to my personal believes and maybe a bit reckless as I do enjoy a challenge and maybe a bit too confident in my ability to handle most combat situations. Or perhaps I am more critical about myself than others would see it.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:04 am

Updated: 06/06/19

Character Name: Feraliss
I am more than fine with him being mauled - so long as he keeps his limbs and eyes (ears and fingers are different things completely) you can fuck his shit up; boy can handle it.

To be honest, I would like something that would challenge him and his role in life. He’s been a raider in the past and dealt with a fast paced and rough lifestyle; I’d like to see something that pushes him into another box completely, maybe into another zone of comfort all together. Make this boy regret being a candidate all together.

Nope, nope, and nope.

ALL THE THINGS. Seriously, there isn’t a single thing I don’t like about hatchings and bondings. I adore what my fellow staffers do, and I look forward to many more hatchings in the future. If I had to choose something, I’m seriously choosing all the things.

Nope, I really do want to be surprised with him.
I had no other choice? I wanted to be a candidate - I found myself in the tunnels, that’s all you need to know, and I decided I liked the whers. It looks to be a mutually beneficial situation depending on what I bond to, if I do bond at all.

What would you like to accomplish as a Wherhandler?
I just… don’t want to go North again. Let’s just leave it at that, okay?

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
I could fill any role needed of me. I’ve led groups before in my former life, but I’m also capable of following without argue.

What color/role do you see yourself Bonding to?
I’m not too picky about this. What should it matter so long as I bond?

I’m kindhearted, and resourceful, capable of making due no matter the situation I’m in. But I think that can be a bad trait when you think about it - you shouldn’t have to feel so desperate about your situation that you’d be willing to do anything just to survive.

Character Name: Mikaylan
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Wreck her. Just let her live, keep her sight, and her limbs.

I want to see a lot of character growth happen between the two of them, that’s what I’m most eager for.

Nope, nope, and nope.

Quite honestly, I can’t say anything more about this other than to say everything. Really, truly, everything right down to being able to help create the clutches themselves, I love every last bit of them.

Yes, I have two attached to her right now:
With a preference for a female dragon.

I would really like it if you could surprise me (and have fun while you do it <3).

Non-clutching One-Time Color Major Dragonkin
I would really like it if you could surprise me (and have fun while you do it <3).
I was Searched after a dragonrider from New Atricis came to check on my family’s farm. I… should explain a little more. My family live in Igen territory, and we have a farm there. After the earthquake, someone from the Weyr came to check on us, make sure we were okay, that nothing - a cloud I guess? - came to us and no one was sick. We’d felt little shockwaves but nothing more than that, a few of our herdbeasts and runners, some of the wherries, had been scared, but we were fine. And I was Searched. It was… scary coming o the Weyr, and I’m still not fully adjusted to it all.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
I think I would like to make my family proud, most of all. I would be the first dragonrider in our bloodline, so it would be a very important moment in our history. That would be most important to us, I think, and what I would want to see accomplished the most. I suppose it’s a little selfish of me to say, considering I would be helping in more ways than that - I would also be helping protect the planet from Thread. So I think… I know… that those would be my two greatest accomplishments as a rider.

Oh no… no. I don’t think I could ever lead. I mean… I can herd children just fine, and animals too. I’m fine with plants and the like. If I had to lead a little charge of people, I suppose… I could. I just… I don’t know if I have it in me to lead. I think I’m more of a follower.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing to?
I don’t know. I think I would just be happy with anything. If I was found worthy of a dragon, that would be enough for me.

I’m very determined, and I work hard, I can be depending on. But I’m self-sacrificing, I don’t do enough for myself. It’s always others before my own needs. I don’t open up easily either, so… I suppose that’s not good either.

Character Name: Sianca
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Yes, please and thank you. Wreck her shit, take a chunk out of her, just let her see and walk and use her arms and hands please.

Character growth, first and foremost; I would like to continue her trend of growth.

I have a request for her, but in all honesty, I’m VERY open to anything for her, I’m honestly not going to be fussed if I don’t get what I asked for her.

All.

I’d like her considered for a garnet, but I’m honestly, truly open. <3
I kind of wanted to get away from home? I used candidacy as the excuse I needed to finally get away, and once I got here, I slowly… started to emerge from the wool my parents had pulled over my face for so long. Now that I’m here, I’m most eager to Impress.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonriderr?
To protect Pern and continue to hold onto my independence.

I don’t know about now, but I think with a little more time, a little bit of training, I could be. I finally have a backbone thanks to my friend Angela, so I know if I can gain that, I would be able to gain the ability to lead. Otherwise, I’d have no problem following either.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing to?
Whatever finds me worthy, I would not say no to; hide shouldn’t matter so long as a dragon wants to be mine.

My best and worst are one in the same - the fact that I’m finding myself, but that its happening when I’m at this point in my life, that I couldn’t see so many of my worst pieces of myself before. But I’m glad that I can grow from it, and I’m glad that I’m growing as a person. It’s one of the best things that could ever happen to me; so long as I continue to see those hidden nooks and crannies of my personality, I’ll gladly stare at them if it means growth.

Character Name: Evarayne
Type of Candidacy: Pearl
Preferably not for her.

Character growth, oh always with the character growwwwwtttthhhhhh.

Nope, nope, and nope.

Everything, all, the whole enchilada.

Yupperooni:
She’s an out of age (particularly an underage) Impression.
Oh silly, I’m not a candidate! Someday though!

What would you like to accomplish as a Pearlrider?
When I get to be one, I wanna do ALL the things Mama and Papa get to do!

I don’t know? But I wanna be like Papa and I think Papa leads so that!

Ain’t gonna matter when it happens - so long as it likes me, right?

Whass’that mean?

Character Name: Alasander
Oh Gods yes, knick my pretty boy up.

Character growth, all the character growth, sweet sweet character growth.

Nope, nope, and nope.

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.

He does!:
Preference for a blood or gray HOWEVER feel free to give him something else if you feel he’s better suited to it. <3
I can’t even remember, it’s been so long. But I’m glad to be here!

What would you like to accomplish as a Dayhandler?
I hope to be able to continue to do some good as a healer. Is that going to be possible?

More of a follower, truth be told, a leader if necessary, but I prefer to tend to my healing duties, enjoy my pleasures, and tend to duties, not in that order.

Whatever is going to be best suited to allow me to continue to work as a healer after graduating from training, that’s what I see myself bonding to.

I’m a hedonist, but I’m a hardworking hedonist, and one that knows to put duties before anything that I enjoy. So while some might say that the former is my worst trait, I would humbly disagree.

Character Name: Kolyat
Type of Candidacy: ALL
Oh Gods yes, feel free to knick this pretty boy right up.

Character growth, all the character growth, sweet sweet character growth.

Nope, nope, and nope.

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.

Yes sir and ma’ams!
He’s a stands Impression, and one that you can Impress at ANY dragonkin hatching. <3
I think you have me mistaken with something else - I’m no candidate.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler/Pearlrider?
Considering I’m not a candidate, what does it matter? I’m not going to be standing anytime soon, I don’t think it’s going to matter what I say.

Yes, yes, and yes.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
Whatever you see fit I suppose? Not that it matters, clearly I’m not going on those sands unless someone is bleeding out.

I’m good at my job, I’m a healer first and foremost, I work hard and play hard but I know what comes first and foremost in my life - my duties. As for my worst, I’m a bit impatient, and guess how I’m feeling right now with all these questions?

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —

The gorgeous avatar is by the talented Kaenith.