Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.
Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Karkeloth

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:40 am

Below is a form for our candidate Questionnaire. Please note that the Questionnaire is completely optional, so there is no requirement to fill it out if you truly don't mind. Also note that the questionnaire is in two parts, an OOC part and an IC part. If filling out, the IC part is optional, but it can help give the staff (and the player too) some insight into your character. This Questionnaire can be filled out by any type of candidate. If there is any section you don't feel is applicable to you or your character, you can put N/A.

All filled out Questionnaires can be posted here. Questionnares for characters that have Impressed/Bonded will be removed from this thread to keep things tidy. If you want to fill this out for a hidden candidate, that's perfectly acceptable. If you want to fill out the IC portions for a hidden candidate, you can either answer them as if they were a full candidate, or as a hypothetical question posed to your character.

*Please try to keep this thread to One Post per Player* Whenever you need to add a Questionnaire, just edit in your new candidate. This makes it much easier on the Staff to locate the candidates needed whenever a Hatching is just around the corner.

I'd also like to take a moment to let everyone know that Questionnares aren't a 100% guarantee. The staff will take Questionnaire answers into deep consideration, and do our best to give you something you will be happy with based on how you answered. If you have very specific wants and we can't give you all of those, we will do our best to give you the ones we can give to you and hope to still make you happy.

Code: Select all

[b][u]For the Player[/u][/b] - To be filled out OOC
[b]Character Name:[/b] [url=profile link here]NAME[/url]
[b]Type of Candidacy:[/b] (Dragon, wher, etc)
[spoiler][b]Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?[/b]

[b]What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?[/b]
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)

[b]Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?[/b]
(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)

[b]What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?[/b]

[b]Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?[/b]
[/spoiler]
[b][u]For the Character[/u][/b] - to be filled out IC (optional)
[spoiler][b]What brought you into Candidacy?[/b]

[b]What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?[/b]

[b]Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?[/b]

[b]What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?[/b]

[b]What do you think your best and worst traits are?[/b][/spoiler]
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Norjira
Type of Candidacy: Pearl
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes!

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
I’m pretty open when it comes to Jira. He’s still learning the ropes.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
Nothing comes to mind.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? How the characters react to their new bonds and the paths that are now open to them. Or now closed depending on the occasion.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Don’t plan on it!
For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy? It sort of fell into my lap. I came to the South for a new way of life and the Pearls caught my attention right away.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler? Honestly? I’m not sure. There’s so much to learn about these amazing creatures that I’m not sure where to begin.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? A follower, though I’m willing to step up to get things done.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? I haven’t given it much thought really.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?My best traits? I’m hard working and down to earth or as my sisters call it: a stick in the mud. My worst? I’m blunt and honest to a fault. No need to sugar coat things when there’s work to be done!

Character Name: Tralexi
Type of Candidacy: Daywher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes please! More scars are always fun to play with. Plus as a healer she’s usually a tough patient to deal with.

I don’t see Tralexi coming out of her shell just yet so any sort of leadership role wouldn’t be a good place for Lexi. Given the right partner though she could become a good second.

I’m pretty much open for anything for Tralexi. She’ll need a strong partner to help her overcome her past.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? I love seeing the babies and the reactions everyone has for them. As for Tralexi I’m looking forward to having her be surprised at how supportive a bonding will be.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Yes. I’m getting a Rare Mutation token for Tralexi. Feel free to surprise us though!
What brought you into Candidacy? I was looking to join my older brother in the Wings but the one trip I shared with him on Delyath’s back made me realize how little I like to be in the air. Let me keep my feet on the ground!

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
To continue my learning and hopefully learn more about the Daywhers and their healing.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? A follower. I’m not that comfortable making decisions that impact other’s lives.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
A supporting role in the group. Again, I’m not the sort to take up leadership.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
My worst traits are the easiest to spot. I’m shy, painfully so sometimes and rather nervous about social interactions. Though once I get to know a soul I do play small pranks on them. As for my better traits, I’ve been told that I’m self-reliant and rather clever. Personally I see my work-ethic as my best trait.

Character Name: Jaistan
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes please! Just nothing that would leave him grounded and permanently injured.

I'd be happy with any role for Jaistan and his dragon. He's got some growing up to do and I think weyrlinghood would help with that.

I'm open for anything!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I love the hunger passing between dragonet and human. It's a great way to break the ice!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Not yet. I'm still learning Jace's personality.
What brought you into Candidacy? Growing up I loved the visits from my uncle Jai'f and his blue. I had a secret hope to become a dragon rider on my own merits one day.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler? I'd like to be an asset to the weyr one day. As a rider, as a Harper, or as both, I'd love to leave my mark behind for the future generations to see.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? A little bit of both? It's hard to be a leader when you have two older sisters like mine but I've learned how to lead a vocal grouping.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? I've never given it much thought... Tarinath always told me the dragon chooses and wouldn't let me dream that far ahead.

I'm a friendly guy so I guess that's the best thing about me? I'm always ready with a smile, an ear or my last mark if you need it. My worst? I guess that's my avoidance of confrontations. I'm no good in a fight or an argument. I'll fold and compromise long before I get angry.
Last edited by Lanni on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Character Name: Vithire
Type of Candidacy: Wher (Dualbond)
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
Not so much for Vithire, mostly because it isn't likely, partially because she's been through enough in her life. For now ^.~

Vithire is more of a "wher trainer" type, not a leadership type (which is why despite how long she's been with Atricis as a wherhandler she doesn't hold a ranking position), so this doesn't matter so much. If you guys want to give her a wher that might push her into leadership somehow, go for it, if you want to give her a wher that compliments her "teaching/training" lifestyle, that's fine too!

Originally I just wanted an Isilian Wher for Vithire, but now I'm open to either option. I'll admit I don't know if I want a green or green equivalent for her.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
Passing on this question this time

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Image - Can be considered either for an Island Wher or a regular Isilian Wher. Full honesty, with her wherkin ability and how long she's been a wherhandler, I am interested in her bonding to a mid to high ranked wher since I feel it just suits her.

Character Name: Kitsu
Type of Candidacy: Wher (Dualbond)
Yeup, she's tough, she can take it! Even if it is unlikely to happen.

Kitsu is driven in intelligent, hence why she's accomplished so much in her life. She's driven but now outright ambitious for leadership, so I think I'm open to anything for her, especially since with whers things are more fluid.

I'm cool with any color/rank, but I wouldn't want a wher with a personality too similar to Kitisk's.

Skipping this time ^.~

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Image - Primarily interested in an Island Wher for her, pretty open to anything here! The only thing I might suggest is perhaps some sort of personality that is somewhere between Kitsu's and Kitisk's opposing personalities. I wouldn't want another wher like Kitisk with Kitsu, but also wouldn't want Kitisk to find herself "overpowered" by two very strong personalities (Kitsu and the other wher).
What brought you into Candidacy?

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?

Character Name: Raymir
Heck yeah! He's a snot, but he can take it!

Raymir is... well right now I think he's dealing with his own issues of self worth and "screw up on purpose so they don't except things from me and become disappointed in me later," issues. Because of that, whether or not he could be a leader is really up in the air to how he develops as a character from a teenager to an adult.

I'm super open here honestly. I could see just about anything working in interesting ways. Of course I have a soft spot for the child of R'vir getting a brown like his dad, but I'm also in for loops too, like him Impressing a Zultanite or a Blue or something else unseen! I could see him good with either gender personally as well. I think even a dragon further his opposite to what he is now could make for an interesting dynamic for Raymir's character. So I can't say there is much I WOULDN'T want at this point.

For a character like Raymir, I admittedly like the surprising type of Impression. Whether it be because of the color that chooses him, how it happens, or whatever else. I think he's going into candidacy half expecting to not Impress.

Not at the moment. I feel pretty open for him so far.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?

Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Note to Everyone: I'm often open to chat and plot with! You can find me on Discord under Marvealle#5611
Ainokesshou

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Character Name: Ashton
Noooo, Ashton is a gentle soul. Please don't mark up their pretty face.
(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.)
I don't think Ash is looking to be a leader, but diplomacy might be reasonable. As to personality types for dragons, I think almost anything could work, but I suppose I'd tend toward romantic and/or artistic personalities as ideal for them.
(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
Well, I think the bronze and gold should be clearly off limits for Ashton, but otherwise don't care.
I like them ALL!
I am giving Ash the Gender-bent major dragonkin token I got from the Easter 2018 event.
I was Searched. . . It was actually pretty easy to decide to give up my apprenticeship when that happened.
I just want to be free to be myself, I guess, and it seems like the Weyr will let that happen as long as I fulfill my duties.
I don't think of myself as a leader, so I guess I'm a follower. I could probably be strong support for a leader, though.
I don't know. Opals are certainly beautiful, and I really admired the one that Searched me. I think most dragons are gorgeous, though, so I'm sure I would be happy with any hatchling.
I think my best trait is that I can see beauty, or at least the potential for beauty, in everything. But I have a tendency to avoid confrontation. I don't like to make trouble for people who have power over me, even when I know I should. Then, when the confrontation becomes unavoidable, it's way out of hand.

Character Name: Arden
Type of Candidacy: Dragon (but please leave her standing for the September 2019 Hatching)
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes, though please spare her face. Arden probably SHOULD get mauled at at least one Hatching before the one she Impresses at.

Arden is ambitious and will be looking for a way to be a leader, even without a gold.

Not really

I love them all.

I will probably purchase an Impression token before the hatching.
I was Searched a few turns ago, but it was a bad time because my sister needed my help. I came now, because she is finally settled into her new life.

I want to earn respect, for myself and my family.

I think that I could be a leader, eventually. I am sure I would have a lot to learn first.

I. . .I am sure that I would be happy with whatever dragon might choose me.

I am very organized, and good at planning . . . but I don't always remember to ask everyone's opinions before moving forward with a plan.

Character Name: Derris
Type of Candidacy: Dragon or pearl (stands)
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes, it could probably be character building, but since he is a stands candidate it might be difficult to pull off.

I think Derris just needs to learn to accept himself - he needs a dragon or pearl who will refuse to accept his self-loathing.

I think Derris would benefit from Impressing to a female.

I should probably buy one to specify female. . . .

Character Name: Vikaki
Type of Candidacy: Pearl (stands)
No, Vikaki has had it pretty hard already. Anyway, she's a stands candidate because of her disability, so it seems unlikely.

Vikaki would enjoy being an explorer, when she gets a bit older.

No, she'd be good with anything

I love them all!

Not at this point!

Character Name: Tempek
Type of Candidacy: Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? That would be fine, as long as his kids aren't watching.

I think Tempek could do well with any personality of wher, but he would be happiest with whers that are relaxed enough to be around his kids.

I just wouldn't want any that would refuse to dual-bond.

I have a dual-bond token, but plan to give Tempek a wher egg I have, so I wouldn't want him to bond to two at the same hatching.
Well, I can't be out in the sun anymore. Otherwise I'm healthy, but after I got sick a few turns ago, my skin got really sensitive to the sun. So I can only handle guard shifts at night, and that's kind of limiting. I would never be able to get promoted, and as I got older, being stuck on grunt shifts would probably get to be too much for me. So working with whers would be like turning my weakness into my strength. I had no idea that I would be able to hear them. I never spent much time around them before coming here, and whers aren't all that talkative to start with, but once I realized I could hear all of them, it made even more sense to be a wher candidate.

I just want to be an effective guard, take care of my family and my responsibilities.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I can take charge in an emergency, but I don't want to have to plan things during the calm times.

I kind of doubt I'd get a big aggressive fighter, just doesn't seem like me. I am capable of fighting, but I don't think it should be your first choice.

I'm pretty mellow, good with kids, people feel safe around me. But I might be too laid back, and some people think I'm not taking them seriously.
Last edited by Ainokesshou on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:43 am, edited 12 times in total.
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:53 pm

Character Name: Angela
Not for her, honestly. Not that I am opposed to maulings, but it is out of character to happen to her, not only for her charm skill, but for the fact she would know better than to stand in the way of a hatchling dragon.

She is young and adaptable, but Angela is certainly more of a support role sort of individual for all she thinks otherwise, so preferably a dragon who is more likely to follow than to lead.

I'm fine with male or female, but no brown, zultanites, garnets, or gold dragons. Also, I have a thing about having noticeable items in a dragons hide pattern (hearts, suns, plants, clothing, etc...), and have always been the sort to prefer more natural hide patterns or solid colours. That being said, I know I can always get a potion to adjust their hide patterns, so aside from that consideration, have fun.

No preference.

Yes, please see sheet for hue preference for Angela.
Because as the daughter of dragonriders, it's my birthright to stand.

To serve my weyr. I've known all my life that I am destined to become a dragonrider. I'd rather not waste any more time on trivial pursuits like crafting.

Of course, I'm leader. I'm the daughter of Weyrleader Ma'lek and Weyrwoman Solange.

I don't know, and it doesn't matter to me. Whatever dragon finds me, we'll make it work.

Uh... Why does that matter? I'm not Impressing to you; I'm Impressing to a dragon. I won't cause any problems in the barracks if that's what you're asking. I know the rules.

Character Name: Amuderudalya
Type of Candidacy: Dragon Candidate

I am, though she is a stands candidate, so I don't know of a circumstance would present itself that she can be.

Though Amuderudalya could become a wingrider in a fighting wing, I do think she would do better as a diplomat, and will likely end up in Ivory Feather willingly. Perhaps a dragon as sensitive as her, or maybe more outgoing to help with this role.

Nothing abrasive or blunt, and no dragon considered high rank. Low to Mid rank only, please <3

Ummmm... everything? I love seeing their emerging personalities when they break shell.

I did. I am requesting a female dragon if possible. She also has an Albino Major Dragonkin Token (earned from a 2019 chocolate dragon) added to her sheet with Marve's approval.
For the Character - N/A (stands impression)

Character Name: Adrune

Yes, cut him up as you see fit, though no removal of his appendages, fingers, toes, etc... Anything else goes.

Honestly, he is so laid back and complacent, I do not see him in any sort of leadership role at this time, and likely never. He is a good hard worker, and will make for a dutiful wingrider.

No ambitious dragons that will cultivate him to be a strong leader, or anything like that.

No preference.

I have, and am requesting a male dragon, though I am open to a green for him too if the fit is right.

Well, I came to the Weyr to work with your stables, and a dragon found me on Search. *says in all matter of seriousness* My parents were riders, and... well... I felt it was right to say yes.

I don't know. Never really given it much thought.

*shrugs*

*shrugs* Don't know. Does it matter?

I don't know. Never really given that much thought either.
Last edited by Shaihulud on Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 am

To Be Filled Out for Future Candidates!
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Berry
Pronouns: She/Her

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:13 am

For the Player - T
Character Name: Omiren
Type of Candidacy: Daywher
Yes, mildly is preferred if so. He's the heroic sort that would try to help or shield others if something wild were to happen. So it wouldn't be to odd if he did end up injured.

Omiren has the potential for leadership and that's something I could end up exploring for him, but it's not a sure thing or something I have to have. Personality wise perhaps something that won't put up with him wallowing in his previous broken bond, one that would push him forward through things or generally be supportive and loving but tough when Omi needs them to be? To be honest though I trust you guys and any personality you think would fit is a-okay.

Any personality that would acerbate his flaws is a preferred no go. Like a wher that would hoard him away in their room until Omi was feeling better or run along the lines of forgetful or negative like him. He would find it way to easy to never show up on time or wallow in what went wrong on any given day. As cute as having a pair of eeyore-esk guys sound I'm not sure what I would do with them from a character arc stand point.

Honestly a thing I enjoy is writing some snark or teasing between a bonded and their rider/handler. So maybe one or two conflicting personality traits, or not conflicting perse but ones that would lead to some butting heads and potential growth (and some fun dialogue for others to read). If that makes sense.

As for in general... uh no specific plot things. Interaction between the bebs or situations that would bring candidates together to talk due to bonding order or people getting mauled/spoken too?

I am using a mutation token for a sport/chim wher! No other tokens however.

Preference:
Sport color would be my preference but you guys make some amazing chims/hide mutation bebs so if you all end up making a chim/hide mutation that's alright too!
LdyPayne

Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 am

Character Name: Kalesskel
Type of Candidacy: Wher
Yes but nothing that would dismember or kill him.

(Leadership? Personality types you might want to see? Diplomacy? etc.) Given Kal's strong sense of justice and personal ethics I can see him focusing more on fighting against the darker side of human nature. He is more likely to overlook a minor crime if it is more out of necessity but put a quick stop to those bullying those weaker than them just because they can. He is very much against corruption and people who don't respect others regardless of difference in rank. Thus I would like to see Kal teamed with a wher or two who share some of his own moral code.

Overly aggressive, disrepectiful or otherwise very opposite of who Kal is. They dont' have to be carbon copies of him and can have some opposing views or quirks but something that can still work with Kal's ethics and personality.

The wonderful art really makes them pop. That and interesting hatching/interactions once out of the shell (but still appropriate for a hatchling) Some mauling especially when there's good cause (not just blood for blood's sake.) Customization the hatching/Impression posts a little to react to what Candidates and other Hatchlings have done.

I will be purchasing a dual bond and likely using either a one time color token or mutation token (have both as prizes but will only use one for this character. For a Dualbond I'm thinking maybe an Agate and Prism or Green and Brown. Or any mix that we don't already have works for me. (I'm also open for Kal to Impress only one Wher at the next Hatching too, he can always dualbond another time.)
Like many young men I had dreams of being a dragnrider but it was never as high a priority with me. Mastering the use of twin blades and being a good Legionaire and potentially replacing my father as Weapons's trainer was always a good fallback especially after failing to Impress the first few times I stood. Then I aged out and for reasons I rather not get into I left the Legion and came here to New Atricis to become a Wher Candidate. The creatures were something new and fascinating and I feel a nocturnal life and having such a loyal ally at my side would serve me well. Being a Guard of New Atricis a place I've come to see as far more just and fair in how it administers it's laws compared to my home is now my goal. A job both filled with adventure and purpose and my skills will serve well here.

I think I answered this in part above, I wish to serve a Weyr who values life and justice above all else and respects people in general. A place that doesn't place position and power over others and personal ambitions above the law and above the welfare of the entire Weyr. I also crave excitement and adventure and being a Wherhandler feels like it could hold plenty of challenge for me.

Oddly enough I don't see myself as a leader but I am not much of a follower either. It depends on the situation really. I don't presume I could be a fine leader but one thing I do know is I refuse to follow any leader who acts purely out of her or his own interests and not for the betterment of all who serve. I have no problem following the orders of a Leader I respect but should I lose trust in a leader then it'll be very difficult for me to continue to follow. I am not afraid to speak my mind and provide helpful advice if the situation warrants it not that I assume any advice I have to give must be followed. If I am put in charge of a task I certainly will listen to those in my command if they have good advice and take it in consideration and I may even use it should it prove a good idea. To put it shortly I am comfortable leading or following as the situation calls for.

I'm a fighter by nature but a man who lives his life by his own code and respects the rules and regulations he must live under as long as they are just. As I'm still fairly new to being a Wher Candidate I am not completely sure which colour would suit me best. I don't think a clutcher would suit me, at least not any of the larger ladies. I can see myself doing quite well alongside any colour to be honest, all for various reasons but mostly a brown or Agate is likely to fit the best. Then again given my natural agility perhaps a green or Prism may match my style of combat. Fast and quick, overwhelm with speed and well placed blows...if words cannot solve any given issue. I don't want you to think fighting is the only way I solve problems, in fact I prefer to solve conflict with words and resort to conflict as a last resort.

My best traits would be my respect for others and having a code of ethics that focuses on doing what is just and good. Keeping an open mind and not jumping to conclusions based on only half the facts. Being able to put myself in the shoes of others to better understand their motivations.
I'm stubborn especially when it comes to my personal believes and maybe a bit reckless as I do enjoy a challenge and maybe a bit too confident in my ability to handle most combat situations. Or perhaps I am more critical about myself than others would see it.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:04 am

Updated: 08/09/19

Character Name: Feraliss
Type of Candidacy: Wher (floof and traditional)
I'm honestly more than fine with this. I'd really like for him to be mauled in fact if you'd be willing to make this happen; I'd only like for him to keep his limbs and eyes. Things such as fingers and toes going missing, or perhaps a piece of ear are really open for being messed up. Really, you can fuck his shit up and I wouldn't mind in the slightest; this boy could honestly handle it.

For Feral, I would like something that would challenge him, his thought processes, personality, and role in life. He was born and raised as a raider and pseudo-criminal with a fast paced, rough, difficult life, and I'd something that pushes him into a completely different box no matter how difficult a process it might be for him to get from one to the other - or how much it will challenge his comfort zones in the end. When I say I want this boy to regret becoming a candidate in the first place all together, I sincerely mean it - I want to play with all the highs and lows, but I want there to be plenty of challenges and hurdles to jump over along the way; I'd like the chance to show that not all bonds are made of sunshine and rainbows from he very start.

Absolutely not; I'll be happy with whatever is decided for him or any of my characters.

This section is going to become a pretty standard copy/paste between all of my questionnaires because in all honesty my answer will not change between any of them. There is not a single thing I don't like about hatchings or Impressions/Bondings. I adore what is done for my characters from the interactions to the process of receiving a baby, and the efforts put into things by the staff whether I'm on the staff or merely a member ALWAYS thrills me. I really like being able to have fun with other members during the hatchings even if all we do is hyping one another up behind the scenes, but the best parts of course happen to be the writing and creative process that go on on screen. I know I could say all of this a little more shortly, but its all things that comes from a genuine, honest, and appreciative place.

At the moment I don't have anything for him but I might purchase a dualbond token for him in the future, all things depending.
I had no other choice in the matter really. I don't wish to go into details, but suffice to say, it was really a matter of life or death; I think I chose well enough and in the end, I've been made all the better for it.

What would you like to accomplish as a Wherhandler?
I just… don’t want to go back North. We're going to leave it at that, okay?

A little bit of both. I was born of leadership, but I've lived my life as a reluctant follower. I've led groups of men, but I'm capable of following good leaders without argue. So it really depends on where I'm needed, how I'm needed, and whether or not I'm right for the role.

What color/role do you see yourself Bonding to?
Why is this question being asked of me? Colors and roles shouldn't matter so long as a bond is made, isn't that what we're told?

I’m kindhearted, and resourceful, capable of making due no matter the situation I’m in. But I think that can be a bad trait when you think about it - you shouldn’t have to feel so desperate about your situation that you’d be willing to do anything just to survive.

Character Name: Mikaylan
With Mick, I would honestly like to see her bleed in some manner come hatching day. I don't want to see her lose anything - her eyes, her hearing, limbs or digits - but I would like to see her hurt if possible. If this will keep her from Impressing and leaves her standing until the next clutch, then in all honesty that's fine - I'm not going to argue with having a gob of writing fodder thrown in my direction.

I think what I'm most eager for is the potential of character growth, and unless otherwise noted, a lot of what I'll say in my subsequent questionnaires from here on out will often mention the subject of character growth. I'm really eager for that when it comes to a lot of my Impressions and Bondings, and the possibility to see the fruitful potential that comes with the growth that follows a melding of minds.

I don't usually get picky, but I'd rather not have a male dragon or something overly large for her; something small and petite would be preferred or Mick.

This section is going to become a pretty standard copy/paste between all of my questionnaires because in all honesty my answer will not change between any of them. There is not a single thing I don't like about hatchings or Impressions/Bondings. I adore what is done for my characters from the interactions to the process of receiving a baby, and the efforts put into things by the staff whether I'm on the staff or merely a member ALWAYS thrills me. I really like being able to have fun with other members during the hatchings even if all we do is hyping one another up behind the scenes, but the best parts of course happen to be the writing and creative process that go on on screen. I know I could say all of this a little more shortly, but its all things that comes from a genuine, honest, and appreciative place.

Yes, I have the following attached to her right now:
With a preference for a green or female dragon.
I'm from the Igen territory, and while my family's farm wasn't directly affeced by the earthquake that struck the Weyr, we were still checked upon by dragons, both from Atricis and the other Weyrs of the North. One of those dragons from Atricis decided that I would make a worthy enough candidate and my family thought it was an honorable thing that couldn't be turned down, so I didn't. It was scary coming to the Weyr, and it still unnerves me. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it and I spend a good portion of my free time with the familiar out in the Weyr Yard - the farmlands, the green houses, by the lake.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
I think I would like to make my family proud, most of all. I would be the first dragonrider in our bloodline, so it would be a very important moment in our history. That would be most important to us, I think, and what I would want to see accomplished the most. I suppose it’s a little selfish of me to say, considering I would be helping in more ways than that - I would also be helping protect the planet from Thread. So I think… I know… that those would be my two greatest accomplishments as a rider.

Oh, there's no question in my mind that I'm the furthest thing from a leader. I'm capable of herding children and some animals, i'm fine with plants and sometimes whispering to them, but when it comes to people I tend to shy away from large groups of them, and there are times when I'm no better around small groups and singles. I know for a fact that I'm a follower, and I think - I suppose I should say that I know, really... - that I'm content with that.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing to?
I'm really not sure, and truth be told, I'm fairly certain, almost downright positive, that I would be happy with anything that approaches me and decides I'm worthy enough to be their rider. Really, that should be enough for anyone that goes onto sands and surrounds hatching eggs.

I'm very determined, I work hard, and I can always be depended on. But my faults? I'm sorry to say that as a person, I can be self-sacrificing to a fault, though really, I don't always regret being the way that I am. I put others before myself always and I don't always open up easily either. Though really are those such bad things? Placing the needs of others to such a high importance... what's so wrong about that? There really isn't anything wrong with that when you think about it.

Character Name: Sianca
Yes, please and thank you. Wreck her shit, take a chunk out of her, just let her see and walk and use her arms and hands please.

Character growth, first and foremost; I would like to continue her trend of growth.

Absolutely not; I'll be happy with whatever is decided for him or any of my characters.

I have a very strong preference for a brown, or otherwise a large, strong minded pewter for her.
I kind of wanted to get away from home? I used candidacy as the excuse I needed to finally get away, and once I got here, I slowly… started to emerge from the wool my parents had pulled over my face for so long. Now that I’m here, I’m most eager to Impress.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonriderr?
To protect Pern and continue to hold onto my independence.

I don’t know about now, but I think with a little more time, a little bit of training, I could be. I finally have a backbone thanks to my friend Angela, so I know if I can gain that, I would be able to gain the ability to lead. Otherwise, I’d have no problem following either.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing to?
Whatever finds me worthy, I would not say no to; hide shouldn’t matter so long as a dragon wants to be mine.

My best and worst are one in the same - the fact that I’m finding myself, but that its happening when I’m at this point in my life, that I couldn’t see so many of my worst pieces of myself before. But I’m glad that I can grow from it, and I’m glad that I’m growing as a person. It’s one of the best things that could ever happen to me; so long as I continue to see those hidden nooks and crannies of my personality, I’ll gladly stare at them if it means growth.

Character Name: Lesly
With all my characters I'm open to them getting mauled and Lesly is no different. I think, perhaps more than my other candidates, I'm eager for her to be injured come hatching day because she's not only stands, but she's from a privileged background and it would be amazing to see and a great serving of plot - for myself and for others. I don't want loss of limbs, but I am down for severe.

I think what I'm most eager for is the potential of character growth, and unless otherwise noted, a lot of what I'll say in my subsequent questionnaires from here on out will often mention the subject of character growth. I'm really eager for that when it comes to a lot of my Impressions and Bondings, and the possibility to see the fruitful potential that comes with the growth that follows a melding of minds.

I have a token for Lesly that I received during one of the events, but otherwise I'm open about my dragon for her (and eager for the results) color, marking, and gender wise.

Yes, I have the following attached to her right now:
Egg Hunt 2019
Non-clutching One-Time Color Major Dragonkin

Character Name: Evarayne
Type of Candidacy: Pearl
Preferably not for her.

Character growth, oh always with the character growwwwwtttthhhhhh.

Yupperooni:
She’s an out of age (particularly an underage) Impression.
Oh silly, I’m not a candidate! Someday though!

What would you like to accomplish as a Pearlrider?
When I get to be one, I wanna do ALL the things Mama and Papa get to do!

I don’t know? But I wanna be like Papa and I think Papa leads so that!

What color/role do you see yourself Bonding to?
Ain’t gonna matter when it happens - so long as it likes me, right?

Whass’that mean?

Character Name: Kolyat
Type of Candidacy: ALL
Oh Gods yes, feel free to knick this pretty boy right up.

Character growth, all the character growth, sweet sweet character growth.

Yes sir and ma’ams!
He’s a stands Impression, and one that you can Impress at ANY dragonkin hatching. <3
I think you have me mistaken with something else - I’m no candidate.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler/Pearlrider?
Considering I’m not a candidate, what does it matter? I’m not going to be standing anytime soon, I don’t think it’s going to matter what I say.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Whatever you see fit I suppose? Not that it matters, clearly I’m not going on those sands unless someone is bleeding out.

I’m good at my job, I’m a healer first and foremost, I work hard and play hard but I know what comes first and foremost in my life - my duties. As for my worst, I’m a bit impatient, and guess how I’m feeling right now with all these questions?

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Slasher

Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Character Name: Tasryrg
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes! All the pain!

He would be an amazing leader if that was the role he was dealt, growing up as a Lord Holder's son, he would realize what it takes to be a good leader pretty quick if he had to. But I would love to see him pushed out of his comfort zones, whatever role that might be.

Nothing I would hate, no. I love all the things, everything has potential for fun.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? Comedy, drama, pain, blood, joy...All that fun stuff

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Negative
What brought you into Candidacy? "I had to do something to stay here, and why not? I'd make a fine Wingleader. Or even Weyrleader."

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler? "Accomplish? I suppose that is supposedly dictated by what color I Impress, yes? Since I'm sure it will be Bronze, then I wish to accomplish being a good leader."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? "Oh, I'm of course a leader. Just look at my upbringing! I was born to lead!"

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? "Bronze, of course."

What do you think your best and worst traits are? "I'm the best, of course. And worst? Probably that I'm the best, hahaha!"
Last edited by Slasher on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~