Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Mods

Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Marks: 364.00 [Donate]

Re: Candidate Questionnaire

Postby Marvealle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 pm

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Sterling
Type of Candidacy: Wher (rebond)
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
Always, Sterling already sports scars from a wild feline attack, so what's a few more? She's tough, she can take it, so long as she doesn't lose a limb.

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
Nothing in particular, Sterling is versatile and adaptive, and I generally like to go with the flow for her and see what she dictates.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
Nope, I'm open to all whers!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
In this case, I honestly like seeing heartfelt bonds and such, I know that can be a little harder with whers, but since Sterling will be rebonding, I think it'd be easy to hit that heartfelt note.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Yes, Sterling has a Dualbond coin (transferred from Solonia) and am Impression Token. If it is deemed doable by my fellow staffers, I am interested in the idea of Sterling bonding to two wherlets in the same hatching.

For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy?
Sterling sighs, "I originally became a wher candidate because it seemed interesting and different. Now it's because I am ready to find a new bond and rejoining the wherhandlers."

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
Sterling shrugs, "Whatever I can. I don't know that I have my sights on Wherhandler Leader one day or anything, but I think this time I'd like to be able to leave my mark on the Weyr in a way more than just being bonded to the only full clutcher for whers."

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
"I can do either I think. I mean, I can lead, but a lot of people can lead but not be good at it. I don't know if I'd actually be any good at leading, but stepping up doesn't scare me."

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
Another shrug, "That's a hard question for someone who was bonded once before. Serisk was an Andalusite, she was a clutcher. I don't really see what I might bond to this time, because, honestly, I still just picture Serisk when I think about being a wherhandler again. That doesn't mean that I'm trying to bring her back. I know she's gone, and I know I'm ready to bond to a new wher, it's just hard to imagine what my hypothetical future wher would be when I was already bonded once before."

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
"I can be stubborn, and people have said I'm crass. Most of the wherhandlers never seemed to mind that though, although I guess stubbornness can be a problem when trying to work with other people. I actually did used to break rules a lot. Well, not a lot, but let's just say my relationship with the Wherlingmaster has always been a bit rocky. But hey, that also means that I'm not afraid to push back against dangerous ideas or traditions, which I think is a good thing. If everyone just blindly followed what they're told, things would never change and we wouldn't have the Wherhandler force that the Weyr has now because everyone believed that whers weren't useful for much else than guarding a Hold at the end of a chain."
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
D3D3D3/Fade ??????/?????? ??????/?????? 98D189/219741 926B54/771815 E5B9B9/FFFFFF 5A595F/Fade 3A0E0E/AB0B0B
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
------/------ 111111/9F9F9F EAF2FF/4BAFE2 E5E5E5/A6A454 FFFFFF/F9C848
Image Image Image Image Image

Ainokesshou
Marks: 796.00 [Donate]

Postby Ainokesshou » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Character Name: Strimian
Type of Candidacy: Surprise me, she's a stands candidate with good reason to attend every hatching.
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
It seems unlikely for a Stands Impression. I would definitely want her hands protected, though.

Strimian definitely doesn't have any yearning for leadership. Diplomacy is within her training as a harper, and she would also be interested in exploration and education. She isn't much of a fighter - if she were ever attacked, her plan would be to hurt the attackers feet, then run. So if she bonded with a day wher, it probably would not be the guardian type.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
I can't really see her with a dragonkin that is aggressive, since she would tend to avoid fights.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I like pretty much everything associated with the cute baby dragonkin, so, again, just surprise me!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
Only the Stands Impression token
Elahrairath    Folith   
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Atumra    Panlovis     Galask                    

Lanni
Marks: 374.00 [Donate]

Postby Lanni » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 am

Character Name: Laikanurinato
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes please! He’s too cocky about his looks. Scars would be an interesting addition to his flirting style!

I’d like to see Lai on either a workhorse of a dragon or someone ambitious enough to drag him into being responsible

Honestly, at this stage I’m happy with anything for Lai. He’s been heartbroken so many times I want to see him happily bonded.

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond? That list is way too long! Babies, Impression expressions, Player’s reactions….

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? At some far off point I would like to get him Brekke’s Grace but I’m not in a rush for that.

For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy? It started off as a way to keep closer to his brother, Karic. However it has become something more. A desire to prove to everyone that he’s not just a flirty screw up.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler? Given the chance, Lai would like to prove that he’s a capable young man. Most see him as a flirty wastrel with a hot temper and only a handful have ever seen his hard-working side.

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower? Is it possible to be both? When there is someone a bit more confident around, Lai is likely to step back and let them lead. However he’s also just as likely to see it all as a challenge and try to overshadow the other soul. Especially if it’s his elder brother or a rival.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to? Given his ‘druthers, Lai would prefer a male dragon. Something that will help win over the affections of those around him. That being said he also sees the appeal of a lovely green who’s just as flirty as he is.

What do you think your best and worst traits are? Worst traits? We would have to go with his aggressive nature and outspokenness. It’s hard to keep his more outgoing traits under wraps.. His best would have to be the devoted side of the blue eyed man. He’s more than willing to bend over backwards for those he calls family. Another positive trait for Laikanu would be his gregarious nature. Always wanting to be around people has given Lai a better chance at reading folks and their quirks and fantasies… or so he likes to think!

Return to “The Character Archives”