Candidate Questionnaire

In here, any an all characters, from humans the dragonkin, current and deceased, can be found inside this forum. Character creation guidelines and profile templates can also be found in here in the main section of the forum. In the main section of the forum in here is where you post your characters for approval.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Mods

Forum rules
Please Read This Before Creating a Character! Or, if adopting, please read This first!
Once your character is approved and moved to the proper forum, please make sure you add them into your signature with a link to their profile. This will make it much easier to find their profiles later on for you and others, as there is currently no way to organize forums by thread title by default (though you can use the dropdown menus at the bottom to do so). So keeping them in your signature will make it easier to find the profiles as you need them.
Lanni
Marks: 205.00 [Donate]

Re: Candidate Questionnaire

Postby Lanni » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:28 am

For the Player - To be filled out OOC
Character Name: Mekirion
Type of Candidacy: Wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Yes! Anything short of loss of limb would be okay with us.

What are things you would like your character and dragonkin to be able to do?
Meki is a kind hearted man with a quiet sort of leadership that could be teased out of him. I hope to see him blossom with a strong partner who would push his boundaries and safety net.

Are there any dragonkin you would NOT want for your character?
I could see Meki working with any sort of wher. Don’t be afraid to put opposites together!

What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
Maulings! Babies! Amazing bonds that defy expectations.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Nope! Meki will Impress when Fate and Time allow.

For the Character - to be filled out IC (optional)
What brought you into Candidacy?
Both my parents were handlers, it’s been a part of my life as long as I can remember.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
I want to protect our home in any way I can. No one should suffer the loss of a loved one….

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
A follower. I’m not the solid backbone of the family. That role falls on my father… though he is my role model.

What color/role do you see yourself Impressing/Bonding to?
A strong male, someone like Kiriosk, my father’s brown.

What do you think your best and worst traits are?
My best? My creative side, I guess. It comes in handy in a pinch and it makes folks smile sometimes. As far my worst… I guess that would be the dark pit that my mother’s death left with me… I don’t deal with loss very well...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ainokesshou
Marks: 56.00 [Donate]

Postby Ainokesshou » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Character Name: Galana
Type of Candidacy: dual bond wher
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled?
That's probably a bad idea since she already has one wher who might get protective if that happened.
Since Galana and Galask already focus on Search/Rescue and emergency medical treatment, there are a lot of options for their third; they could use a big fighter, a more gentle personality good at comforting the people they find, an excellent tracker, almost anything could work.
I'ts more than half my fault, but currently all my greater dragonkin are male, so I would slightly prefer a female wher.
What are some of your favorite things to see in a dragonkin Hatching and/or Impression/Bond?
I just love cute babies and drama.
Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character? Only if you count the dual-bond token
Elahrairath    Folith    
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Atumra    Panlovis     Galask                    

Sagittarius
Marks: 140.00 [Donate]

Postby Sagittarius » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 am

Character Name: TOVRIK
Type of Candidacy: Dragon
Sure! Accidents happen, Hatchlings get mad -- it'll be a first for me, that's for sure.

I think a fighting position is something he'd be able to transition into rather smoothly. I think a dragonrider combat medic would be pretty awesome. So far, I'm not sure how Tov would do in a leadership position. Sure, he's got a level head, but he's never been put in a leadership position before, which he's completely fine with. He can be too humble for his own good and, despite being polite, he's not a fan of politics. Too many backroom deals and underground motives for him. But I live for character development, so I freely admit I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if he were thrust into a leadership role of any kind.

I really don't think Tovrik would have the patience for a creature that's overly sullen, mean, or lazy. I think he needs a bond to match his drive, something that will push them both to greater heights than either of them imagined, no matter the species. I'm not a fan of personalities that are extremely similar to the Candidate, either. I adore dynamic relationships where they get along but they can occasionally get under one another's skin or push each other out of tough love, anything that provides growth rather than stagnant similarities. I say this only because I've gone through Impressions where my Candidate(s) became bonded to a dragon who was essentially that Candidate in dragon form. It left no room for growth or improvement, no challenge. But from what I've seen so far, I think providing challenges and surprises is exactly what the Staff is great at doing.

Raw reality. Maulings, fights between disoriented Hatchlings, crazy assassinations attempts -- all of it. Hatchlings can be clumsy and accidentally claw someone's leg, they can barrel over several Candidates to get to their bond, they can slap someone with a wing. 98% of the Hatchings I've been privy to in the past were very clean cut, rather monotonous save for maybe a hissing match between two newly Hatched dragon babies. I'm all about spontaneity - throw me for a loop!

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
None that I can think of! I even double checked the lists just to make sure and I didn't see anything I wanted to add to Tov. ^-^

I was Searched by a Greenrider friend of my mother's and I jumped on the opportunity to be one step closer to studying dragonkind. They're absolutely fascinating! To be bonded and chosen, to become closer to the Exalted... I can only imagine such an honor.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider/Wherhandler/Dayhandler?
I guess... I haven't really considered it. I've just been taking it one day at a time, really. I'd like to see myself in a position where my talents could be put to good use. I'm a Healer -- I fix broken bodies. I've never even led my own mission. I know how to follow orders, not give them. No matter where I end up though, I plan to set a good example that anyone can do anything they've ever wanted, so long as they set their minds to it.

*ooc: please note that that answer may be subject to change the more he experiences Weyr life and the possibilities that could be open to him :D

Do you think of yourself as a leader or potential leader? Or more of a follower?
I've always been great at following orders. They let me do things my own way so long as the desired outcome is achieved. I only know what I'm doing when it comes to stitching cuts and pulling someone out of a fever. I'm no Weyrleader. But, if I somehow managed to Impress a Brown or Zultanite... I'd step up to the challenge. Don't ask about Bronze. I may take pride in my work but I've never held more than one life in my hands at a given moment. I don't think I'd know what to do with an entire Weyr. It would definitely be a challenge, I'll give you that.

Honestly? A Green or Blue. They're what I know best. They're the fighters and the supports of Walled Hold. Everything I've ever known has been in the shadow of Green and Blue wings.

Ha, I'll admit it: I'm not the brightest glow in the basket. I don't always think things through and can land myself in sticky situations. But I'm good at problem solving and helping people, even at giving direction if need be. That sort of balances things out. I think.

Ainokesshou
Marks: 56.00 [Donate]

Postby Ainokesshou » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Character Name: Varren
Are you open to the potential of your character getting mauled? Been there, done that, got the stitches, but he would survive having it happen again. As a general rule, I am fine with maulings that don't lead to permanent disabilities without even checking with me.

Varren needs to be able to continue doing his research into improving medicinal plants, so a leadership role would probably consume too much of his time.

(Any colors you absolutely do NOT want for your character? Personality types? Gender?)
Bronze is probably a bad idea for Varren- I am also considering buying him a mutation token, and the mutation I am thinking about would make much more sense on a small dragon. I also currently have a slight preference for female dragonkin because all of my dragonkin to date are male.

I like small, possessive low-ranked colors who are ready to throw down with higher ranked colors they perceive as trying to claim their preferred bondmate, but I also like gentle, insecure babies who just want to be loved.

Have you purchased, or plan on purchasing, a Bond/Impression Token for your character?
I am buying a mutation token for him, and I am interested in a mutation to his front feet that would make them more flexible/usable to manipulate objects, but would probably also make him slower on the ground, and significantly less effective at killing his own food.

Well, my parents are both riders, and of course my older sister Finn was a candidate already by the time I was old enough to remember much...it just seemed natural to stand as a candidate myself, especially since I can continue my apprenticeship as a healer at the same time. Even though I'll probably never get my mastery if I Impress, there are plenty of reasons it is useful for some dragonriders to be healers, too.

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
I...just want to do my job as a rider. Fight thread, support my wing. I don't have any big ideas for changing things about the Weyr, or proving myself or anything.

I guess I'm a follower, I certainly followed Finn here, right? I mean, I can work on my own without supervision or anything, but I have no real desire to lead anyone.

What color do you see yourself Impressing to?
Blue, probably. Green is a possibility too, or maybe brown.... And I haven't even thought about any of the new colors that Atricis has. I didn't think about that! Honestly, I think I'm unlikely to Impress a bronze, I'm just not assertive like that. Any other color seems possible, though.

My best trait is that I am willing to work hard and make personal sacrifices to help people when they need it.
Elahrairath    Folith    
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Atumra    Panlovis     Galask                    

Ember
Marks: 263.00 [Donate]

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 am

Character Name: Kelajosidran
Type of Candidacy: Night Wher
Very much so. When it comes to my characters, you can always maul them in any way that you'd like, and with Joss, feel free to give him wounds for days. All I ask is that no matter what you do to him, he still be able to function after he heals up from it.

I'm wanting a wher that can, along with Joss, help the rest of the handler population in some manner, not necessarily with the feline issue but by and large. Joss, before coming to the Weyr, was a guard with an aunt and uncle's caravan for a number of Turns, where he also led his own little troop; he also has skills in strategy and the Weapons Master ability, so it would be amazing if he could use all of that in some way to either help or find some position in the handler community where he could lead something again.

Usually I'm very open to this, and not at all opposed to any of the colors that are available. However... I'd rather not have a bronze this time around since I already have one. Personally, and I just want to say this straight away, I'm hoping for a female wher, though that doesn't mean I'm asking for a clutcher necessarily. I'm just wanting a female wher if possible.

I like when "lower" colors Impress/Bond to characters that were expecting to get "higher" colors. I like when those thinking they were only going to get "lower" colors get something grand instead. I just really like the unexpected things that can happen. I like when fun, IC drama happens. I like when plots that continue outside of the hatching flower for members.

I have indeed with a "surprise me!" note attached to it. I've also purchased a dualbond token, but it doesn't need to be two in the same hatching, I can save it for another character, or I can sell it if it comes down to it.

For the Character - to be filled out IC
One of my sister's were Searched, then the other decided she was going to come to the Weyr with her to Stand, and so I decided to follow them to keep a watch over them both. When I heard what had happened to the handlers and their whers, I made a decision to volunteer for candidacy with the night handlers.

What would you like to accomplish as a Wherhandler?
My ultimate goal would be to apply what I know as a strategist and leader to help prevent more deaths.

Back before I came to the Weyr, I was the leader of my own little troop of caravan guards, so I'd say I'm more the leader type. I can and will follow when it's necessary, but I'd prefer to lead if I have a say in the matter. Not going to throw a fit if I don't, however.

What color/role do you see yourself Bonding to?
I'm not entirely sure, to be quite honest, as I haven't really given it much thought. The only wher I've ever really spent much time around was my Uncle's old brown, a cranky creature if I recall right, so I don't know if that's something similar I'd want to be bonded to or not. I guess I wouldn't mind, because a bond is a bond, and it would be a wher I could learn to nurture and strengthen a connection with. That could lead to having a patrol of our own... because Faranth, do I miss doing that, and having the routine of it all; it's been rather dull not making schedules and leading practices. I'd give anything to have that back in my life again.

There's no question about what my best traits are: the abilities that allow me to be a strategist. I built all of those up over the Turns with the help of some good people in my life and I'm rather proud of what I've accomplished because of them. When it comes to my worse, I can say without a doubt that one of them is that I'm far too overprotective. I'm sure my sisters would say that I certainly am, at least. I've also been accused of having too iron of a will, though I can't really see how that sort of thing can be a bad trait, really.

Character Name: Dirce
Very much so. When it comes to my characters, you can always maul them in any way that you'd like. Dirce is a Stands/Out Of Age candidate, so I know she'd be a little more difficult to injure, but don't let that stop you from mangling her up a bit; you honestly have my permission to torture her a bit if that would make you at all happy to do so!

In all honesty, I'm not sure what sort of position I see her filling. I've tried thinking about it, and at this moment, all I can say for certain is that I wouldn't be opposed to opposites, whatever that means. I think some of the problem that I'm coming across is that at the moment, she doesn't think of herself as a dragon candidate, so I'm not thinking of her as a dragon candidate, even though that is what she technically is. I think I just want to be a surprised as her and go from there, really.

Nope, really - surprise us both.

I like when "lower" colors Impress/Bond to characters that were expecting to get "higher" colors. I like when those thinking they were only going to get "lower" colors get something grand instead. I just really like the unexpected things that can happen. I like when fun, IC drama happens. I like when plots that continue outside of the hatching flower for members.

I did purchase one for her and just like with Joss, I attached a little note that says "Surprise Me!" to it.

*blinks and looks around* What is going on? Why does everyone keep thinking I'm a dragon candidate?

What would you like to accomplish as a Dragonrider?
If I were a rider, do you mean? Records. I would want to get my hands on records. I would want to be able to take care of my siblings still, as much as possible. They still need me, after all, since I'm the only parent figure they have anymore. But wait, no... I'm not going to continue with this question since its a moot point. I'm not a dragon candidate, that's a long ago never going to be again. I shouldn't even be entertaining what-ifs.

Well, a leader, but that's besides the point. You shouldn't even be asking me these questions.

*throws arms in the air* I don't know, surprise me!

.....amiable, diligent, easily best. I don't forgive though, and I hold onto my anger. Those would be my worst.
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

-·=»‡«= Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium =»‡«=·-

Return to “The Character Archives”