Decorating - Parker | Jora

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:04 am

The blanket of the evening had begun to settle in the sky, though the lingering glow of the sun continued to outline the the peaks of the western mountains. As the indigos of night began to take hold of the sky Revanne was reminded of the promise she made to J'lek the previous day. Yet when Revanne mounted upon Morath, she did not immediately give the command for him to carry her off to Kiandath's ledge. It hung there in the distance like a lantern in the waning light, beckoning her to come near.

You don't have to go if you don't want to, the brown reminded her.

No, I want to, she answered, knowing full well that her "want" signified a larger problem. The previous night when she spoke with J'lek, she swore her pull to him had nothing to with the bronzerider and everything to do with the flight. During the evening fingers continually twitched to touch him, while thoughts of kissing him had begun to trickle into her mind shortly before she concluded their conversation. Come the morning when her thoughts continued to dwell on him, she came to realise it was the man himself she desired, which had nothing to do with the flight that intoxicated her the evening before. Throughout the day, she found herself thinking fondly on the bronzerider. Past memories were easily recalled by her, those evenings when they enjoyed a glass of whisky while they flirted mercilessly with one another, the pranks they pulled, and the dances they shared. Above all, she remembered that night with him all those months ago, when he confessed his dedication to her the night she planned to confront Lorcan. At the time she felt outraged by his timing. Now she could only smile softly at the man, for she realised he had remained true to his word.

Does this mean what I think i means?

I think it does.

Then why are we hesitating?

They hesitated because of her greatest fear. I don't want to be hurt again- least of all by J'lek. After all these turns, if he hurt her now, Revanne doubted she would have the power to forgive him.

If he hurts you, I'll deal with him personally. A physical growl accompanied the one of given by his mind voice.

Revanne had no doubt he meant it. So what did she do?

We could stay here instead, Morath suggested.

Immediately, she rejected the idea, for she would rather face a world of heartache with J'lek in her life, than a life of peace without him. That was the moment she knew beyond a doubt that she loved him. Take us to Jora, she finally conceded with the faintest smile.

Morath did not delay, and while he bubbled with irritation, he quietly admitted at least to himself that he was relieved his Revanne's resolution. One way, or another, she would receive closure. When he touched down, he looked to Kiandath with a huff, but rather than snap at the bronze as usual, he minded his manners. Once Revanne dismounted, he wordlessly regarded the bronze, measuring him, though he said nothing more as he slipped from the ledge and found a warm bed on the stones that continued to hold the dying warmth of the sun.

Revanne had dressed pretty for the evening, going out of her way to pick out a little green dress that flowed just above her knees. The coquettish collar dipped low enough to entice, while her playful locks flowed about her shoulders. She smelled of lavender and chamomile, a warm scent that soothed the senses, even on evenings as uncertain as this. And in the crook of her arm, a skin of Benden Red.

Her mind already made up, she rapped her knuckles against the door and stood back, waiting to see the softness of J'lek's face appear before her.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:21 pm

J'lek had returned to his still packed weyr the night before with a smile on his lips. All he could keep thinking to himself was that Reva had not sent him away. There was hope. At least that was how he was going to see it as. Since way back at Atricis when he had, at the one time of course, confessed to her what he felt and his wish to remain dedicated to her, the love he felt had only grown stronger. While it hurt that she'd yet to give him the chance to prove that love, he knew that he could be patient and continue to show her how serious he was in that confession. It had been hard to find sleep that night thanks to the excitement he felt, but eventually it did come. The next day he just had to make it to evening before he would get to see her beautiful face again.

The day had gone by agonizingly slow, but eventually duty was over. Jora had immediately returned to his weyr and bathed, making sure that he smelled and looked good for when she would arrive. Yes, they were doing the onerous task of helping him unpack and decorate his weyr, but that wasn't the point. The point was getting to spend more time with Reva. He dressed in a crisp black tunic with a deep burgundy vest and fixed to hair to look a purposeful tossed style. He debated shaving, but honestly thought he looked better with the little bit of scruff he had. After that he had spent sometime getting things out of the boxes he had brought so it would be easier for them to get to. He made sure he had a nice bottle of red wine and some finger food for them to enjoy while they worked. After that it was a waiting game.

When Morath landed Kiandath didn't speak to him, just watched him closely as Reva dismounted. Jora had given him direct instructions to not poke and prod the brown like he normally liked to do. The bronze was tempted, but he kept his promise. However, to pay his rider back for behaving, he didn't warn him that his guest had arrived.

When the door knocked, J'lek was a bit startled, but knew who it had to be. His heart made a little flip in his chest as he ran to the door to open it. The wide smile on his face faltered for a second as he was stunned by how beautiful Reva looked in the little green dress she was wearing. It took him a moment to gain his thoughts again. "Reva, damn, you look...beautiful." He said in a sincere voice as the smile spread back on his lips crookedly. "Please, come in." He stood back and allowed her to move passed him before he shut his door. "Hey now...I think I promised to treat you to the wine." Jora teased as he gestured to the bottle of red that was on his table.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 pm

When he opened the door, Revanne realised she immediately saw she was not the only one to put in the effort. She half expected to see J'lek sport a short sleeved tunic with a worn pair of pants, the sort of attire one would wear comfortably around their home. Instead he looked like he had dressed himself for a more formal evening, dare she say a romantic one.

"Reva, damn, you look...beautiful."

"You don't look half bad yourself," she grinned back. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were getting ready to head out for a hot date." How could she not make the little tease as she slipped past him and entered his room. There certainly were a few boxes to unpack, though hopefully that would not take them too long to go through.

"Hey now...I think I promised to treat you to the wine."

Her steps paused, and for a moment she deliberated before she moved back to the bronzerider, and without warning raised up to her toes to place a kiss upon his rough cheek. "We're celebrating you're move here, Jora," Revanne murmured to him, her countenance still close to his own for her to feel even the faintest ghost of his breath, "not mine." Dual eyes dared to meet the one he still saw her with, lingering for but a breath before she pulled away entirely with a smug smile. The brief interlude between them certainly did excite her enough to wonder about the rest of the evening, though for now, there was still much to be done. "Is everything sorted in the right room already? Or is every box going to be a mystery box tonight?" As she crossed the room, she found the table in the small corner of the room, and added the skin of wine to the bottle he had supplied for the evening. "Hmmm... what have we here?" she asked, the question simply made out of impulse rather than with purpose as she regarded the bottle.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:07 pm

"You don't look half bad yourself," she grinned back. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were getting ready to head out for a hot date."

Jora flashed her his most charming of smiles. He was glad that he had taken the effort to dress up a little bit for her. Sure, they'd kicked back before in relaxing clothes, and certainly this occasion called for something more comfortable, but she was worth the effort. She would always be worth the effort, that he would never forget. "Well thank you, but why would I ever head out on a hot date when the most beautiful woman in Benden is currently standing in my weyr?" He teased her back.

"We're celebrating you're move here, Jora, not mine."

His heart leaped into his throat as she stood close to him and leaned up to place a kiss on his cheek. The smile on his face widened and he had to resist returning the kiss, but somewhere else. When she leaned back to look at him with those stunning dual colored eyes, no doubt she would see his thoughts in both of his, including the blind one. He could only smile dumbly at her for a moment, soaking in her nearness, until she finally pulled back. "I suppose we simply get to enjoy two bottles of wine." He stated in an almost breathless voice.

"Is everything sorted in the right room already? Or is every box going to be a mystery box tonight? Hmmm... what have we here?"

"Actually, believe it or not, it is. I figured I'd be a little proactive and get things where they're suppose to be. Boxes are even labelled." Jora stated proudly. He slowly followed her across the room. "I may have borrowed that from Pops when I left to come up here. It's one of his finer vintages. Don't worry, I'm sure he won't miss it." Not until he went to enjoy it and found it gone, that is.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Shards, but he was laying it on thick. With his remark of being in the company of the most beautiful woman in Benden, Revanne could not stop herself from rolling her eyes in return. Of course he would say that. "I'm not sleeping with you, Jora," she quipped back with a smirk. Of course she meant it as a tease. It seemed she always did nowadays.

As for her little kiss... if he expected an explanation, he would get none. Her own lips tingled from the gesture, reddening from the excitement even in something as simple as a peck on the cheek. Part of her recalled that pull when she regarded him, the askance to return for a true kiss, but for now, she ignored the draw in favour of admiring the wine.

"Actually, believe it or not, it is. I figured I'd be a little proactive and get things where they're suppose to be. Boxes are even labelled." She gave him a glimpse over her shoulder, noting that smugness in his voice. He was so proud of himself. She gave him a shake of her head with the slightest bit of laughter as he approached. "I may have borrowed that from Pops when I left to come up here. It's one of his finer vintages. Don't worry, I'm sure he won't miss it."

Eyes widened, and she turned to face J'lek in disbelief. "Borrow? You mean snatched-" her lips parted into a devious smirk- "You can't borrow wine, Jora. Not unless you plan for us to piss it back into the bottle for him." A laugh followed the remark. "Shards, I knew you were into some strange things..." She stepped from the table, but not without letting her hands glance his belly as she walked away. "I'll let you pour the wine. I'm going to go work on that first box."
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:48 pm

"I'm not sleeping with you, Jora,"

By this point, Jora was expecting that statement after every and any compliment he gave to her. "I know," He responded as he always did. Did he want to sleep with her? That question didn't deserve an answer, but this was about far more than that. Besides, he truly meant what he had said about her being the most beautiful of women. He could only hope that she could hear that sincerity in his tone, even if she was teasing him about not sleeping with him.

He'd poured himself a glass of water earlier and it was to that glass he retreated for a moment. That kiss on his cheek had left him feeling a little hot and the last thing he needed was for his body to betray everything he'd worked so hard to prove to her now. Yes, he was a man with obvious wants and desires, but he'd be damned if he let it have its way in any shape or form this evening. Taking a moment to drink the water helped him to push away the thoughts of how it felt to have her lips on his cheek and simply being so close to her.

When she turned to look at him in disbelief there was a look of complete innocence on his face. "There are a lot of pranks I would and have pulled on my father...that is one I don't think I would live through." He pointed out truthfully. "Besides...he won't know it's gone...for awhile anyways." He'd beg for forgiveness later...and possibly his life...but for now they were going to enjoy it.

"Shards, I knew you were into some strange things..."

"You have no idea just how strange I can be," When the words were out of his mouth he instantly regretted it and the look on his face immediately reflected that regret. How could he have thought of something clever to say though when her hand had glanced over his stomach. "Ignore that...I wish I could blame the wine...but...I really have no excuse for that poor excuse of a clever comeback." Well he did...she knew exactly how to muddle his mind and make it hard for him to think straight. "Sure thing," He said, glad that he had something occupy his mind with. He picked up the wine and poured them each a glass, then he took hers over to her.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Warning for vulgar discussion

"You have no idea just how strange I can be."

Dual eyes shot over her shoulder to stare at him with her mouth agape. It had to be a tease! There was no way he was actually into that sort of thing. For as long as Revanne knew the man, she knew J'lek to be daring, suspecting he had even had his moments of exhibitionism, but she never once thought of him being the sort to dabble into fouler forms of play.

"Ignore that...I wish I could blame the wine...but...I really have no excuse for that poor excuse of a clever comeback."

"Oh no, I am not ignoring this," she quipped back. He opened himself wide open. How could she not tease him back mercilessly in turn? She turned to face the bronzerider, arms crossed and brows cocked, and always with that smile that perpetually played upon her generous mouth. "Water sports... really? I never saw you as the sort to enjoy getting wet during foreplay. Or is it more like the main event for you?" The banter between them was always priceless, like wrestling, but with more witticism and laughter. Did she mean what she said? Of course not! But she did love riling him up.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:04 pm

"Oh no, I am not ignoring this,"

No, of course she couldn't just let his little gaffe go. That simply wasn't in her nature. To be fair, it wasn't in his nature either. If the roles were reversed he would also be teasingly her mercilessly for a comment such as that. Still, that fact didn't make it any easier for him to deal with. Of all the stupid things he could have erroneously say he was into...why did it have to be that in particular? Jora gave a deep sigh of regret at his poor choices.

"Water sports... really? I never saw you as the sort to enjoy getting wet during foreplay. Or is it more like the main event for you?"

"C'mon now. You know I am not into that sort of thing. I mean...you probably would be surprised at what I would do if I was asked, but I draw the line there. That is just..." Jora cringed at the thought. How could anyone enjoy something like that let alone get off on it? It was so...so gross. "Forgive me if you managed to addle my brain enough to make me say something I sure as fuck didn't mean to imply, so let me clarify. I am NOT into water sports. Period." Again why did he manage to put himself into situations like this. Here he was trying to show Reva how much he cared and they were talking about weird sex kinks.

"How about we change the subject. These boxes aren't going to unpack themselves." Jora said in a lame attempt to change the subject.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:15 am

"C'mon now. You know I am not into that sort of thing. I mean...you probably would be surprised at what I would do if I was asked, but I draw the line there. That is just..."

So what exactly would he do if she owned the audacity asked? Already the sordid thoughts began to whirl in her mind as fingers followed the line of the first box. She wanted to place full blame solely on the shoulders of the bronzerider, but Revanne would be a liar if she believed those salacious images had not invaded the mind of her own volition... especially late in the night when not even Morath could catch those notes of pleasure swelling in her thoughts.

"Forgive me if you managed to addle my brain enough..."

Addle? Though J'lek continued on in an attempt to save face and preserve his honour, Revanne dwelt on his confession of addling. The thought that she could addle anything of his, let alone his mind, amused the brownrider immensely, addling her own thoughts until she managed to regain herself.

"How about we change the subject. These boxes aren't going to unpack themselves."

Did she press the matter of addling? Nothing immediate was spoken by Revanne, nor did she cast him any sort of glancing assurance. Instead, she eyed her chosen box in thought, wondering all the while if she would dare open the preverbial one. "I addle your brain?" she finally asked. But shards she was awful at leaving well enough alone, though she suspected it was a question J'lek would not mind her asking. Her blue eye shot over her shoulder at the man, wondering if she might have caught him off guard with her question... or if she had successfully stoked the flames of excitement.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Jora messed with taking out the things in the box in front of him one at a time. Slowly examining each item as this was the first time seeing it. Truthfully he was more distracted with the thoughts Reva had put into his head. The bronzerider could tell just be looking at her face that she was contemplating all the things that he would be willing to do. He almost expected her to ask him, even, but she didn't. That was a conversation they could have at another time. Jora was more than certain he would surprise her with some of them.

"I addle your brain?"

Jora sat down the vase he'd taken out of the box and looked at her with a smirk. "Yes, I would say that you most certainly addle my brain. Especially when you're trying to, just like a moment ago." He answered her. She could claim that she wasn't trying to addle his brain, but what else would a person call it? "Not that I'm complaining about it, but it does lead me to do or, in this case, say silly things that I shouldn't say." He fell silent again for a moment as he continued to unpack.

"Why do you want to know if you addle my brain?" Jora asked coyly and curiously.
Image Image Image Image