Stepping into the Abyss { tag } Parker/Fox

All the rest of the Northern Continent that Atricis left behind. Atricis' old Holds can be found within, as well as all the other Holds and Weyrs and old lands left behind.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 am

Javireon was scared out of his fucking mind, but he was trying hard not to show it. How dare this piece of shit rider come to the Hold and try to scare the folk with his beast of a bronze? He glared at J'on, who was refusing to meet his gaze, though it was clear he was not happy with the situation. Turn his back on the family would he for a few moments of fun? He snorted and wanted to spit at his brother's feet, but he didn't even think he deserved that much of himself near him. He sneered as he tore his gaze away and shrugged, trying to pull himself tall and straight again. "Fine. I'll go. But I'm not getting Enne."

He was gone before either of them could react, and J'on cursed under his breath, stepping forward to follow after him. He didn't know what the fuck he was doing, but he was going to go get his sister himself. He ignored the shouts of his sister and the sounds the people around them were making. He wished all his might that Fox would forgive him for being so addle brained at the moment, but the focus was to get his sister, and get out. His brother was going to get his parents, that's what he was going to do. He was going to draw it out, and he was going to make it worse.

He should have known better, or remember that his brother was taller, but before he could get much further he felt a strong hand on his shoulder and fingers dig in so sharply he cried out and felt his knees want to give out beneath him. "Javireon, if you don't let me go," he hissed under his breath. "You're going to be in for a world of fucking hurt." That only served to make the pinch worse, and he knew he was going to have bruises there the next day. "Bastard... don't say that I didn't..." He growled at Des to stay back, to let him and Fox take care of this. There would be no incidents for the Holdfolk to accuse his opal of today.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:13 am

The next few moments both happened too fast to react and slowly enough that they would be forever etched into Fox's brain. The asshole brother of J'on's was walking away, but not to do what he had specifically told him to do. Fox wasn't sure where the dimglow was going, but he had a feeling that he was going to get their parents. He would have been no more intimidated by their parents than he was of Javireon, but the problem was that he'd been given a order and now he was disobeying it. However, before Fox could call him to order, J'on was acting. He tried to reach out to stop J'on, but he was unable to react fast enough.

The next thing he knew Javireon was assaulting him. Fox didn't hear what his love was saying to the man, but he was right and then some. Javireon had fucked up and he was about ready to find out just how much he had fucked up. Mnenomth bugled in anger, the same anger that boiled in Fox's brown eyes. Long legs carried him quickly to the errant man and a strong hand grabbed his wrist to pull it off of J'on's shoulder.

"Holder, you have been given orders. Not only are you refusing to follow that order, you have now assaulted a defender of Pern." His voice was low, intimidating, and serious. He put his body between J'on and Javireon as he removed his gloves. "I, F'lin, Rider of Bronze Mnenomth of New Atricis Weyr, now formally demand satisfaction from you in the form of an honor duel. Should you refuse, not only will you bring down disgrace upon this hold and your blood, but you will be formally charged and tried in a court of your peers. If you accept and are not currently armed, you may ask for a blade to be brought to you. If you refuse then I suggest you give yourself up without a fight, then will be brought to New Atricis to begin your trial." His voice carried to those that were watching what was happening. "Am I heard and witnessed?" There were a few meek voices that responded to him with the formal 'heard and witnessed'.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:17 pm

There was a moment of silence, before the first voices started to chime in with "Heard and witnessed." and then like echoes, they started to sound off around the men. Eventually, humiliated beyond believe, Javireon lifted his chin. It would be worse to refuse than to stand up to this "bully" of a rider and defend everything that he held dear, including his honor and that of his family. "You really think you're going to get away with this you prick? Fine. I accept your challenge."

J'on swallowed and stepped aside, behind Fox, touched his back and continued moving in a backwards motion until he bumped into Mnenomth. Though the bronze wasn't his own, and he knew how he was in attitude, he was the only comfort he had at the moment, and so he turned into him and closed his eyes. Try and keep him safe, Mnenomth, at least in mind. If anything happened to his bronzerider because of this...

He took a breath and then huddled against the bronze, unwilling to move far away from him. He knew the dragon wouldn't be one for cuddling, but his familiar scent - one that often clung to Fox - was all he had at the moment to keep himself steady as he eventually watched everything unfold before him.

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Do not fear. I will make sure nothing happens to him, but he is a good fighter he will prevail. Mnenomth assured the man standing near him. While he was not the most lovable of creatures, it wasn't as if he didn't care. He loved his rider and his rider loved this man, so through that link he felt the need to comfort and protect him. He moved his legs a little so J'on was standing between them as he towered over the opalrider. If someone wanted to mess with J'on they would have to go through the large bronze first.

Fox waited until the other man was given a blade and then he moved closer to face him. "Anytime you wish to yield, you can." He offered to the man, giving him a way out if he chose to take it. Fox did not plan on taking it easy on the man. He didn't deserved it. Anyone that treated a rider with such little disrespect deserved to have a few fingers removed from their person. Fox had not declared this fight to the death, but if Javerion pushed him to that extreme he would not back down.

The blade in his hand was held comfortably and with ease as he began to circle the other man. Fox was not a weapon's master or even that amazing with a dagger, but he wasn't horrible at fight either. He had the reach on the other man, which did help. He watched the man's chest for the tell tale sign of his making a first move. He wasn't disappointed when Javerion lunged at him first. He managed to parry the blade away from him and get a good elbow into the man's side. That first lunge quickly became others. Fox ducked and dodged as the more he missed the angrier Javerion attacked. He did anything he could think of to make the man angrier and more prone to acting irrationally.

The fighting went on for a few minutes. Fox was certainly taking more of the defensive while J'on's brother was being far more offensive. Fox knew, though, that it was just a matter of time before the man wore himself out and opened himself up too much. That moment arrived and Fox wasted no time in taking advantage of it. He lunged forward and managed to bury his dagger into the man's side. Immediately he fell to the ground in pain and cried out. It was not a fatal wound, but Fox visibly relaxed as he knew that the man was done after that.

"Now...we'll be taking J'on's sister and leaving. If I were you, I would only worry about that wound gushing blood on your side." Fox said in an out of breath voice. He was the victor though and Javerion couldn't go back on what he'd said, otherwise he'd be going back against his own word.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 am

Javerion remained on his knees for a moment, then two. He looked up at Fox, the fear evident in his eyes, and when he looked over at J'on, who stood between the bronze's great legs, there was a great deal of fear there as well. He licked his lips, the sheen of sweat on the upper, and with a grunt he pushed himself to his feet. There was no hesitance in his voice when he spoke, but there was a great deal of pain there. "She'll be right out." It was clear he wanted to say more, but in what he just faced, he knew it best not to say it.

He departed, and only then did J'on approach Fox again, his fingers digging into the fabric of the man's back, his face burying itself against him and taking in his scent to comfort himself with. "Thank you." He breathed, and then again did the words come out. "I'll never be able to thank you enough for this, Fox." He wanted so much to hold him, to love him, to show him exactly how much this had meant to him, but that would come later, when they were alone, when he could do all those things and more.

He pressed himself closer and closed his eyes, only to throw them open when he heard a familiar voice call out to him. "Jeniron?" He let go of Fox and moved around him, saw his sister for the first time in what seemed like ages. He started off in a jog towards her, saw her do the same, and his face split into a near grin as Enerejalle burst into tears and collided into her brother's arms. "Oh, Jeniron!" It didn't matter to him in that moment that she wasn't calling him by his proper name, or that she was holding him so tightly around the neck it felt like he was going to choke.

All that mattered was that a member of his blood family was happy to see him. He felt the tears streaming down his face and pressed his cheek against her shoulder as they embraced and knew then and there that he couldn't leave her anywhere in the North - he had to take her to Atricis with them. He'd talk to Fox about it later, but right now, he had to get her away from here, he had to get himself away from here, he had to get Fox away from here too. "Enne... we're going to Atricis, but first, my name is J'on now."

She nodded as he took her hand. "You Impressed then?"

He smiled and pointed Des out to her. "Mother and father never said anything, I assume? Her name is Desdomondyth, she's an opal. She's..."

"Glorious."

Des crooned in delight, and J'on chuckled. "We'll introduce you properly when we're home. But the second thing we need to do is introduce you to the special man in my life. I love him very much. He helped get rid of that bastard and allowed you to come out. I hope you like him too." He brought her before Fox and gave her fingers a squeeze. "Fox, this is my sister Enerejalle. Enne, this is the of my life Fox, rider of that handsome bronze you see over there, Mnenomth."

The woman looked at Fox carefully, as any big sister should, but her gaze wasn't one of judgement. Instead, it was one of sisterly affection. "You better be treating him good?"

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Fox was out of breath, but he tried to not show it as Javerion finally conceded and stated that he would go and get J'on's sister. He was relieved. While he had been prepared to defend himself and fight to the death if necessary, having that death on his hands was not something he really wanted to carry for the rest of his life. It didn't matter how much J'on didn't like his family...he didn't want his love to look at him and see the man that had killed his brother. He turned and wrapped an arm around J'on before giving the top of his head a kiss. "Yes, you can and already have...just by loving me." Fox would do anything for the opalrider. Anything.

A feminine voice reached them and Fox let J'on go so he could properly greet his sister. In that time, Fox stayed quiet and a bit to the side. This was their moment together, but he was sure that J'on would get around to introducing him soon enough. In that time, he realized that his upper left arm was stinging some. Upon further inspection he noticed the red seeping through the fabric of his tunic and the tear of fabric. Apparently he hadn't been as fast on his feet as he thought he had. Still, it was only a flesh wound...probably didn't even need stitches.

He heard his name then as J'on brought his sister over to introduce him. "Enerejalle, pleasure to meet you finally." He said as he gave her a polite bow. He could see the family resemblance between them. Her playful, big sister jest made him chuckle. "Better than my own dragon sometimes." Fox answered her jokingly. "Would you two care to head back to the weyr now? I might have put your brother in his place, but I'd rather not out stay our un-welcome here."
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:12 am

"Would you two care to head back to the weyr now? I might have put your brother in his place, but I'd rather not out stay our un-welcome here."

The two of them nodded, and J'on, not caring who they were surrounded by, moved to pull his bronzerider's head down for a nuzzle of their noses. "Thank you." He hugged him close, kissed his ear and whispered into it. "Tonight, you can do whatever you want to me. I'll do whatever you want me to do." They both knew those were things that they always did together regardless, but J'on wanted to tell his love that regardless. This was a special day, and he wanted to make sure Fox had something special when they were finally alone after all was said and done.

After he pulled away, he grabbed his sister and brought her over to Des, who bowed her head and crooned a greeting. They were introduced but things would be better done when they arrived at the Weyr, and the woman understood. Once in the air, J'on looked to Fox, trusting him to lead them between. He would find out about the wound when they got home, later, and take care of him. He would kiss him better, he would show Fox just how much he loved him.

He would let the man know just how important he would always be in his world, and just how much he would always need him in his life. For J'on, there would never be a complete life without his bronzerider, and while they blinked to that dark void, tears of happiness slipped down his cheeks.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―