Just a friendly meal (Alt/Zoayla)

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Almoreonion

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:33 pm

((Gather, summer 2038, late evening))

It took them some time to find a place to eat. Their plans were complicated by the fact that, while they wanted it to be more private than just, say, the edge of the crowd gathered near the bonfire, they didn’t want it to be too private either, lest they be surprised there and accused of breaking a certain rule. Of course, a search for a completely secluded space would only have been easier in that they could have obtained one by simply walking a very great distance away from the Gather. Of course, Tazkerov would then probably have gotten in trouble for going outside the bounds of the Gather (like, way outside the bounds), so it was just as well that such was not what they were after.

Finally, they managed to find a short wall, which Tazkerov turned into a sort of chair set by ‘borrowing’ a smallish section of log to use as a table. He’d already acquired some more food on the way over, so they could just relax for a while and feed the hungry pets.

From the sling, Sasha chirped. She’d been doing that for the past few minutes; her way of letting Tazkerov know that according to her, it was time for him to feed her.

“Silly Sasha,” Tazkerov teased lightly, affectionately, as he offered her some of his piece of roast. The meat met her approval, but he had to scrape the sauce off.
Altreis

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:06 pm

When she'd offered to share a fireside meal with Tazkerov, that was exactly what Zoayla thought they'd do. But her sweet Tazzy seemed to have other ideas, grabbing more food and finding a more private area. Not that she was about to complain; it would be nice to be able to pretend they were alone. It'd be more intimate and relaxed, quieter...almost like being on a date except that they couldn't date. This had to remain strictly a meal shared between friends thanks to the Weyr's rules...but Zoay was determined to enjoy it nonetheless.

While they searched and got the food, and as they settled, Sasha kept making little chirps. Zoay was tempted to ask what they meant, if anything was wrong, but she was positive if anything was the slightest bit off Taz would be all over Sasha. He loved her way too much to ignore her if she needed him. Shells but he was such a sweetheart. Zoay ached to be the one he was fawning over. How long would it be until he Impressed?! She was so tired of waiting...

The moment they were settled Taz started feeding her and Zoayla grinned. "Is that why she's been chirping? She's hungry?" she asked, giggling a little. Of course she was one to talk. The entire walk she'd held Starfall very close, trying not to disturb or drop the dozing starlet. She loved her so very much...and Taz, for giving her such a wonderful gift...well she wasn't sure how she felt. Still stunned, grateful, and just incredibly...argh she wanted to hug him again, kiss him. Why couldn't his dragon hurry up and hatch?

Zoay shook her head, shook the unpleasant thoughts away. Then she tapped Tazzy on the shoulder. "In case you haven't heard enough yet, I can't thank you enough. No one has given me a gift for longer than I care to admit. One like her, one so thoughtful..." Zoay trailed off and smiled tenderly at him. "I really wish I didn't have to hold back so I could show you how I feel Tazzy," she murmured wistfully.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Almoreonion

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Tazkerov grinned. “Yeah. She thinks it’s dinner time whenever she smells food, even if she already ate.” The tone could have been complaining, but it wasn’t. It was light, happy, affectionate. So might a parent speak of the cute habit of a child. Tazkerov was cuddling Sasha as he spoke, still feeding her some of the roast. A situation which the furflitt seemed more than happy with, given that she was stretched out so as to present maximal surface area for petting.

Tazzy. Anyone else, other than his sister, calling him that would be earning themselves a black mark as far as he was concerned. Zoayla though… he rather liked it when she called him that. A match, as it were, to his own ‘Zoay’ appellation for her. Of course, his thoughts were spinning around a little, trying not to think about some things, and trying to deal with no small amount of embarrassment.

“Surely not,” he protested. Surely someone, several of them most likely, had gotten Zoay gifts before, and probably richer and dearer ones than a Starflitt. “I wish so too,” he admitted. “It’d be nice not to have to worry about accidently walking by each other in a hall too,” he added, smiling slightly, determined to lighten things before they both got depressed by being held separate, for Zoayla was not permitted to within (or even near) the Candidate quarters at all.
Altreis

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:18 pm

Sharditall but Tazzy was too adorable. The way he talked about Sasha, the tone in his voice, how he cuddled her and grinned at her... Zoayla couldn't help but smile at the sight. How was it that he wasn't swarmed with lovers at the Weyr? Sure they couldn't get too physical with him but they could still bask in his warmth and gentleness. Did they not see it? How kind he was? No, surely they did...how could they not? It was obvious to her, had been ever since their second meeting in Walled-the day he rescued her.

Seeing how much Sasha was enjoying the attention Zoay wanted to reached out and pet her as well-but she had Starfall. The little starlet was sleeping soundly now but if she stirred all of Zoay's attention would be on her. She was beautiful...just so beautiful! And even though Taz found it hard to believe, she really was the best gift Zoayla had ever been given, not to mention the most meaningful and heartfelt gift she could recall ever getting.

Hearing that Taz felt the same way about this forced distance between them made Zoay want to quip about how his dragon needed to hatch already-but she bit her tongue instead. That was not fair. Tazkerov had no more control over whether or not he Impressed than she did. There was no way he was trying to remain a candidate. He wanted to be a dragonrider, wanted to get through weyrlinghood so he could be with her. He was as disappointed as her, if not moreso since becoming a dragonrider meant so much to him. No, she wouldn't make him feel worse like that. It wouldn't change anything and he did not deserve it.

Instead she leaned over and gave him a gentle peck to the cheek, smiling when she pulled away. "Yes Tazzy, I mean it," she said, going back to the previous point. "You got Starfall because you actually bothered to learn that I rarely got the chance to see the night sky. You got a starflit specifically so that she might remind me of it. You cared to find that out and you cared to actually do something about it. Taz, that's the sweetest thing anyone's done for me in turns. It really is the most meaningful, thoughtful, wonderful gift I can recall ever getting. I can never thank you enough for her...though maybe once you graduate from weyrlinghood I can give you a better idea just how much I appreciate your gift." Her smile was bright with tender warmth for him and the hope that she could do more to express it in the future.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Almoreonion

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:52 pm

Tazkerov felt warmth spread through him when Zoay leaned in, a warmth that seemed to increase its spread as she smiled. Such a beautiful smile. He hardly cared which of them was right in their discussion about whether or not Starfall was the best gift she’d ever received, was less than fully aware of her re-iteration of her statement that the starflitt was such, for there was a part of his brain lost to contemplating that smile. He could get lost in that smile here, they were tucked away where no one could sneak up on them, there was no danger of attack.

“If that is indeed the case, than I am privileged to have been of service in correcting that slight.” He did find it hard to fathom that no one had ever thought things through in getting Zoayla a present. He always thought such things through, if only because he had a limited amount of marks and couldn’t afford to waste them buying gifts that would not be truly appreciated. Well, he could, but despite the itchy fingers he continuously suffered from, he only rarely stole marks, and never stole something large enough to be hard to hide. The potential consequences — like getting pitched out of the weyr — just weren’t worth it.

“I might have to hold you to that, after graduation,” he teased, smiling back with a little upturn of a corner of his mouth.