Melodious Intentions

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:48 pm

"A harper? How appropriate," N'kili answered in turn, a smile broad upon her face, brightening obsidian eyes. "And dance too... I can tell. It has been sometime since I've had a good partner-" she caught herself, suddenly recalling their early play of words- "Dancing I mean! Strictly dancing! The literal form..." Her head dipped in embarrassment. "My apologies. I believe my tongue just failed me."

"You mentioned being in the Diplomat Wing, correct? So does that mean you are a harper as well? Or a scholar? I honestly am not sure which craft would encompass diplomacy here in the South."

"You guessed correctly. I too am a Harper, probably obvious considering my occupation as an Envoy as you mentioned." An onslaught of excitement overcame her, thus she tightened her hold on the woman and forced herself to calm. Far too long had she found herself staring from the sidelines as other danced, thus she could not help but appreciate if not admire the company before her. "Harper seems to be a popular class among our peers, though not without reason. It is an elegant class with a broad spectrum of practices. Even some of our constituents serve as harpers, my Wingleader for one, and his wife and Second."

After a whirl and bit of laughter, N'kili found herself face to face with Luka the bluerider once more. "Though... I must say... I don't believe it is possible to be a harper once upon a time. Once a harper, always a harper. Did you ever play music? Or was dance your primary mastery?" The spark in her gaze spoke of a compliment... or a flirt... but for now the woman remained strictly cordial with her company.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:18 am

Luka couldn't help the laughter that spilled from her lips when N'kili verbally backpedaled and tried to reassure her she had purely meant dancing and nothing else. She shook her head, still chuckling, when the opalrider apologized. "You're fine," she smiled, green eyes filled with mirth. As their conversation continued, Luka kept their dance alive, leading N'kili through the steps still. She couldn't stop her smiling, between being out on the dance floor again and conversing with an interesting and beautiful woman had her in a very good mood. Even as the conversation was brought back around to herself, Luka still smiled and enjoyed this conversation and dance.

"Though... I must say... I don't believe it is possible to be a harper once upon a time. Once a harper, always a harper. Did you ever play music? Or was dance your primary mastery?"

Perhaps if N'kili knew what had been the reason for Luka to stop practicing, never gaining her journeywoman's knots, she wouldn't say that, but Luka took it in stride, nodding before supplying her answer.

"Dance was my primary study, but I practiced some musical instruments as well. I have a particular fondness for the lute, though it has been such a long time since I last plucked the strings of one." This topic was ok at least, it was safe for now, baring no horribly intimate details about her life. Just a version of herself that only worried about he studies and performance art.

As the music began to change to something new, Luka glanced back at the table they had left earlier for a moment, then back to N'kili. "Would you like to sit for a little while?"
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Shaihulud

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 am

Feet flowed together with every fleeting step across the floor, and her partner proved a wonderful surprise, surpassing all of N'kili's expectations. Normally dancing with a lead of smaller stature proved troublesome, for stature was always to a lead's benefit when commanding their follow through the steps, but Luka knew her craft well enough to guide the opalrider as it pleased her, and always did N'kili prove the willing partner light as a feather to her signals and suggestions. To find out that the bluerider mastered in dancing in their craft certaily explained the smoothness of their steps together. "How appropriate," N'kili mused with those final pivots and twirls, the side steps and spin until the song arrived at a finale with the opening to the next dance.

How unfortunate.

Did this mean the disappearance of Luka, finding better prospects among the other wallflowers about them? N'kili hoped this was not the case, and thus was pleased to see the bluerider wished to remain in her company.

"Would you like to sit for a little while?"

A smile sparked across her darker countenance like the sun that struck a glassy surface during the bright emerging dawn of a new day. "I'd love to." After all, was that not what developed between them even at such an early stage? A new dawn for a new day? Every song began with that first note, every novel with that first word, ever journey with that first step. But how long might such a day last? For now it remained too soon to tell.

"Do you care for some wine? They have a wonderful rose from southern Walled floating about the Gather today, closer to the spectrum of red than white. The grapes from the territory are renowned. Perhaps your northern Benden might finally have competitor." Though the wink indicated a tease, N'kili meant every word she said. Already her eyes spotted the distinct bottle just beyond them, the woman already poising to purchase a bottle for the two of them to share.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 am

The opalrider's smile encouraged Luka, earning a smile from the woman as well as she lead the other woman away from the dancing square before they got caught awkwardly in the next dance. Perhaps after a break they could return to the floor, but Luka was just as keen on pursuing a conversation as she had been pursuing a dance. At the prospect of some wine that N'kili seemed keen on, Luka smiled once more and nodded.

"I would love to try it, it sounds wonderful," she answered genuinely, honestly liking the sound of the wine that N'kili described. "I'll get us a few glasses and some seats," she offered while N'kili went to purchase a bottle of wine for them to share. Skirting to grab a couple of glasses so that N'kili wouldn't have to worry about carrying them, Luka was able to procure them a small table with a couple of chairs. It was there the redheaded bluerider awaited the opalrider's arrival with the wine
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Shaihulud

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 pm

"I approve of this partnership," mused the opalrider before leaving her companion to her own devices. N'kili returned back to the wine table, trading her marks for a bottle the server quickly procured within a bucket of ice. The item certainly proved a bit more cumbersome than N'kili liked, but she managed well enough as she set the sweating load neatly upon the table. "Voila! A chilled rose." Reaching into the ice bucket, the opalrider revealed the cork screw and set to work, slicing away at the foil before twisting the screw into the cork.

Such activities excited little Duke who flit to the surface of the table and inspected the dewy bucket. After an initial sniff, he set to lapping at the cool condensation with a bit of exuberance.

"Do you like that Duke?" asked the opalrider.

He peeled himself away from his water source to peer up at N'kili. He offered a chirp in response.

"I would imagine so," she answered in turn, earning herself a sway of his tail. "Have you said hello to our new friend, Luka?"

A mottle head inspected the woman before he looked back N'kili with a inquisitive trill.

"You should."

Another glance spared to the bluerider, Duke inched over to the woman before sitting upon his hind legs and offering her a paw of introduction.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:05 am

Luka couldn't help but smile and chuckle when the opalrider returned with a chilled wine resting in its bucket, announcing her feat. It was kind of endearing, actually, it was very endearing to the bluerider, putting a smile on her lips even as she seated herself while N'kili worked on getting the bottle open for them. For a moment though, she was distracted by the brown firelizard that obviously belonged to her current Gather companion, chuckling again when he began to lick at the beads of water on the icy bucket. He smile lingered longer as she watched the brief little exchange between the two, before soon the brown was before her now, offering a tiny talon. She laughed.

"Nice you meet you, little one," she said happily, holding her palm out for the brown to put his talon into if he wished to, simulating a handshake without needing to grab at him.

"What an adorable little thing," she soon complimented with another laugh, finding Duke's behavior nothing short of charming. "How long have you had him?"
Shaihulud

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 am

To watch the interactions between her precious firelizard and the new interest certainly brought a smile to N'kili's face, brightening every feature upon her face, from the twilight in her eyes, to the rouge in her cheek and the sanguine of her quarter moon shaped lips. She returned to opening the bottle as Luka passed her question to her as well as her adoration.

Yes, Duke could be rather adorable.

"How long have you had him?"

"Ten Turns now, if I remember correctly. He was a dear gift to me, a Nameday Gift from my aunt and father. Ten Turns of havoc." The chatter such a remark earned her was priceless. "It was a joke my dear. I'm just pulling your tail," she assured the brown as she reached out to give literal implications to the metaphor, making the gentlest of tugs of his tail.

The little brown reached out to set a paw upon her jesting fingers, halting her little game, but rather than seem her, his whistle offered quite the opposite.

With a final pat to his head, she looked back to Luka. "Do you have firelizards or pets of any kind?" she asked as she poured them both a glass.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:41 am

Another smile crossed the bluerider's lips as N'kili answered her, a chuckle giving way when the made the comment of havoc. Their interactions were very endearing, and the redheaded woman just watched with amusement as the firelizard and opalrider had their little game with one another. It was cute, and Luka couldn't help but watch N'kili the most of of the two, watching how her face lit up with her light play with the firelizard. Then again, Luka always loved how women's faces expressed emotions so much more willingly than men's, how their eyes lit up and their smiles curved their faces pleasantly.

"Do you have firelizards or pets of any kind?"

As the glasses were poured, Luka shook her head first, soon accepting the glass that N'kili would offer her after the wine was poured.

"No pets at the moment. I was considering taking a look through the stalls to see what caught my attention within my price range," she admitted, for a moment looking into her glass. Yes, a pet sounded like a good idea, a companion to have about and love on after the news she had been given months ago. She shook that off though, not wanting the dampen the mood. Soon, she took a taste of the wine, letting the first mouthful rest in her mouth and on her tongue for a moment before swallowing that first drink and nodding.

"This is wonderful," she said in reference to the drink.
Shaihulud

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:04 am

"No pets at the moment. I was considering taking a look through the stalls to see what caught my attention within my price range."

No pets? The opalrider could not help but shrink in embarrassment as Luka expressed her approval of the wine. At least she... wanted one?

"I have three," the envoy confessed much to her shame. "I hope that doesn't bother you..." And suddenly N'kili caught herself in a gaffe. "I, not that I mean that... not that I don't mind if we did. I know not everyone can be a pet person. Though really my pets are not so bad. Duke here... and the two gemlets who sleep in their corner at home most...ly..." N'kili ceased her ramblings to eye Luka with a healthy blush apparent upon her face, making her face as bright as a dragon's hide in heat.

Rather than speak any further, she raised her glass to her lips to conceal her flushed face.... and failed in her efforts.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:27 am

"I have three," the envoy confessed much to her shame. "I hope that doesn't bother you..."

That first response earned a raised brow from the bluerider. She didn't see why N'kili was admitting to having three pets with such awkwardness and acting as if Luka would be appalled by that reveal. As she continued on, Luka listened. soon she couldn't help but smile though as the other woman's words trailed off and a splash of red was obvious on her features. She smiled a little more as the opalrider hid behind her glass for a moment, before she boldly reached across the table to place a hand over N'kili's lightly.

"You're cute when you blush," she couldn't help but state, winking at the other rider, a smile still dancing on her lips.

"I have no problems with pets, I have never had one before because of a number of reasons... but now... Well I think I would do well to have something to take care of. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't judge you for having pets." Her smile widened for a moment in reassurance as her thumb gently stroked the other woman's hand, waiting to see how N'kili reacted to the touch before drawing her hand back.