Melodious Intentions

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 pm

She saw her...

N'kili held still when she noticed the nature of their fastening eyes. Despite the want to cast her chocolate orbs aside, as though to indicating a casual observance, instead N'kili held the woman's attentions, assuring the dancer of possible interest in a later discussion. Only after they established that connection did the woman's eyes turned away. Lest she come across as staring, the opalrider did the same and settled down at the empty table.

For the meantime she occupied her attentions with that third glass of wine, though she continued to make glances at the woman upon the dance floor, wondering all the while if she would take N'kili up on the unspoken offer.

Duke made another chirp and warble of affection to his friend, and in turn N'kili pet the brown with a spare hand. "Yes... it would be nice to speak with her, wouldn't it." He trilled in agreement before finally plopping down on the table to patiently wait with his friend.

She will come, and then you can ask her, Omiimiith encouraged her.

For now N'kili held her silence as she watched the woman and her fellow dancers.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 am

Luka had kept the company with the male greenrider for as long as was polite. She wasn't the sort to be rude, or to cut a dance short, and so she danced with him, leading him carefully through the steps and conversing with him lightly where the dancing allowed. Once she had finished her dance with him, she curtsied to him with a smile and a verbal thanks for the dance. She had in fact enjoyed it, and encouraged him to go find some other people to dance with too. Once parted from her dance partner, Luka made her way back through the crowd of people that always took up dancing squares, back to the table she had been seated at earlier, wondering if the woman she had made eye contact with would still be there. A splash of bright green and delicate beading answered her question.

"Hello," she greeted easily, smiling to the other woman as she slid into the chair across from the green clad woman. "I'm Luka, of Blue Hyperith. You aren't waiting on someone, are you," she began with, deciding to get that out of the way right away to make sure she wasn't just assuming and making an ass of herself by coming right over and sitting down.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Shaihulud

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 am

No amout of wine could distract N'kili from the woman upon the dance floor with her crimson locks and foxglove cheeks, those scarlet lips... N'kili took another long sip of her burgundy filled goblet in distraction, paying as little heed as possible to the interludes occurring upon that floor between the dancing pair. The opalrider coveted those shoes the man danced in, longing to replace him so that her toes twirled with those of the lovely woman and her inviting smile. His ears she wanted to possess, if only to hear that voice brush against her senses. The goddess' invocation. Did her laughter rumble? Or it chime with spirit? By the way the woman seemed to smile, her eyes dancing with her male partner, N'kili imagined her voice to sing with the luscious range of a mezzo alto, a voice as warm and inviting as that smile N'kili's eyes returned to once, twice, thrice... she lost count of the amount of times she spied upon it, picking at its intentions.

Duke made a series of whistles, chirps and warbles that too a casual observer might have actually moved like dialogue, and with a side smirk to the beast, N'kili answered.

"Maybe just a little," she confessed to the firelizard. What she confessed to, however, remained a mystery to those few spectators.

Duke placed a paw on her hand, and she placed a hand over his paw... to which he placed his other paw on top of hers in a little game. He chirped once more.

N'kili would have responded to her companion's note, but another note caught her ear instead.

"Hello."

The luscious voice once imagined now pulled the attention of woman and firelizard while the opal dragon's chuckles hummed in her thoughts. As she slid into the seat across from N'kili, already the opalrider's eyes noted every detail of her, appreciating her even more so now that she sat so close to her. Though she did not believe it to be possible, her illustrious hair seemed to bleed with life.

"I'm Luka, of Blue Hyperith. You aren't waiting on someone, are you."

Did she speak boldly? Between the wine and her meddlesome beast, N'kili followed through with the temptation. "In a way I suppose," she answered with an inviting smile of her own. "Though not anymore now that they've arrived." With a smile, she lifted her glass of wine to her lips for a sip of courage before she spoke on. "You dance beautifully out there upon the floor. I could not help but admire your skill. Do you dance often?"
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:25 am

The very first words the other woman spoke didn't tell Luka much, but the smile at least said she wasn't unwelcome company, and the following words really eased the bluerider, being unable to help the smile that tugged at the corners of her mouth, enjoying the way the other woman seemed to play just a little bit with her verbally.

"You dance beautifully out there upon the floor. I could not help but admire your skill. Do you dance often?"

Again Luka smiled, nodding her initial response. "I would say I do dance often, yes," she admitted easily. "And thank you for the kind words," she added, not wishing to seem like she didn't appreciate the compliment. "I've harbored a long term love of music and dance. Perhaps I could take you out for a turn about the dance floor?" Luka wasn't feeling terribly shy, hoping she had been reading the other woman correctly thus far. She also didn't mind dancing with another woman in public, some might in the middle of a Hold Gather, but Luka didn't.

"Of course, I am happy to keep you company right here as long as my presence is accepted if you prefer," the redheaded woman decided to add to give the other woman the option to opt out of the offer to dance.
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Shaihulud

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:24 am

The brown at her side watched the woman as keenly as his mistress, though his intentions seemed far more innocent and curious. Stepping closer towards the other woman whom N'kili engaged herself with, Duke reached out as though to paw at her before he felt a mental tap of warning from his mistress. With a glance to N'kili, he shrunk away from the bluerider and skipped back over to his friend's side, hopping onto her shoulder to take purchase and glance at the prospect of this redhead.

Only the faintest grimace escaped the woman from the pin sharp talons prickling into her shoulder, but he settled into place thus allowing N'kili to enjoy her conversation with Luka the bluerider.

Omiimiith trilled at the very thought, though N'kili said nothing of it to the lovely woman before her.

"I've harbored a long term love of music and dance. Perhaps I could take you out for a turn about the dance floor?"

A smile answered the woman, but no words escaped her just yet. Were it not for the woman speaking on, N'kili might have said yes.

"Of course, I am happy to keep you company right here as long as my presence is accepted if you prefer."

"I must admit I find both offers rather attractive, especially since I do prefer your company. Perhaps we can find time for both?" With the suggestion made, N'kili gave the woman a smile before she sipped once more from her wine glass.

As she set the goblet down once more, Duke followed the mouth of the vessel. He felt the compulsory urge to get closer, perhaps lap at the burgundy fluids, but once more he felt the pinch of N'kili's mental scoldings. The press from N'kili caused the impish little beast to cease in his investigation for the mean time.

"I... realised I never introduced myself, though you had the courtesy to do as much for me." A giggle of embarrassment escaped the woman, a hand covering the gesture before she looked to Luka once more. "I am N'kili, Envoy of Walled and newly appointed rider to the Diplomacy Wing, and rider of Opal Omiimiith." So what did they do now? N'kili wet her lips in deliberation before she spoke on, "And I believe I will take you on that invitation for a dance, Luka."
Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Luka noticed the firelizard briefly, giving a soft chuckle to the little creature who behaved for the moment before returning her attention back on the green clad woman across from her. There was a twinkle in her green eyes when the woman answered with her attraction to both of the offers Luka had put on the table, a smile pulling a little further at her lips. Soon enough, it seemed the other woman realized her lack of introduction and so gave her name and position to the bluerider.

"A pleasure to meet you, N'kili," she answered with, still smiling at the other woman.

"And I believe I will take you on that invitation for a dance, Luka."

Luka flashed a rather pleased smile, then stood up from her chair and held out her hand for the woman in green. "Then I would love to have this dance with you." The bluerider woman, so far, was enjoying how this interaction was going, it putting a lighthearted beat in her chest and a tinge of excitement in her lungs. Luka didn't get all aflutter like she once did when she was younger, but she looked forward to dancing with the opalrider just as much, wondering for a moment how far this would go and if it would go beyond the Gather or was just a bit of fleeting fun for the day.

"May I ask, do you often make it a habit of dancing with pretty women," Luka teased lightly, giving the opalrider a smile and a wink.
Image Image Image Image
Shaihulud

Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:37 am

Accepting the offered hand, N'kili stood to her feet to join Luka out onto the dance floor. During their stroll to the wooden expanse other pairs and couples gathered upon, N'kili caught a familiar glance a another certain redhead. Eyes met the woman just long enough to note Ru-...

Carrot... her name was Carrot... and her discomfort did not elude the woman who knew well enough to leave her alone. The young woman went through enough during her time in Walled, and N'kili did not need to remind Carrot of it. Clearly the very vision of the opalrider caused the victim distress, a fact that pulled upon N'kili's own guilt.

I never should have slept with her. I should have held back... yet I used her just like the rest of them did...

N'kili did her best to disregard the guilt that ate away at her, and all the while Omiimiith whispered words of encouragement to her, assuring N'kili that despite what sh thought, she was not a horrible person. I love you...

I know you do Omii. I love you too.

Let Carrot be. Let them both return to some sort of semblance of a normal life.

The envoy's arms fell into place with her dance partner, the first notes of the new song bringing a faint smile to her demure features.

"May I ask, do you often make it a habit of dancing with pretty women."

The wink broadened that supple smile, making it more noticeable while allowing the opalrider to forget the recent past of the last Turn. "Only because I find them far more favourable than pretty men," answered the dark woman, feeling her remark provided an answer clear enough to mark her preference of the fairer gender. "Their dance is far more... understanding... and one I find myself intimately familiar with." A brief sadness crossed her features, making her suddenly miss her home. "In Walled, such preferences are accepted, but here in Atricis I have yet to find a man who's possessed the capacity to understand such choices, as well as respect them. But... I know better than to speak blatantly about their dismissals."

And what about when Omiimiith rose once again? N'kili tried not to swallow at the obvious fact. While she abhorred the idea of closing her door thus cutting herself off from part of the meaningful experience with her dragon, she hated even more so the very idea of tangling herself with a man, which in all likelihood would occur if she opened her door in Atricis. Her single attempt to rid herself of such distastes chased her out of New Atricis, all because of male pride and the inability to accept that neither he nor his heart had anything to do with the equation, only the experience he failed to provide... despite his invitation. Thus far since her return, she tried to avoid the matter entirely, especially him.

"And what about yourself? Do you prefer the habit of dancing with women?" After previous experiences, N'kili made it a habit to clarify. Where some truly did share her preferences, others viewed it as a novelty, often leaving N'kili hurt from the experience... especially in the abandonment. Their expectations needed to be known now.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:16 am

N'kili's answer indeed gave Luka a more clear idea of the preferences the woman she led out to the dance floor held. It made Luka herself feel a little more confident in their interactions so far, suggesting to the bluerider that the opalrider wasn't just acting on a fleeting curiosity right now. As she gave her answer, Luka led the slightly taller woman through the steps of the dance, holding onto the opalrider's one hand while the other rested on her waist. Luka couldn't help but feel curious about exactly what N'kili meant about her words about men in Atricis lacking the "capacity to understand such choices." It made the bluerider curious, but she didn't press, especially since the question was now turned onto her.

"And what about yourself? Do you prefer the habit of dancing with women?"

"Myself? I'd say that I do, yes. I may dance with a man from time to time, but I find I greatly prefer women. Especially for longer or multiple dances." Luka was actually having a bit of fun talking about dancing as a euphemism for preferences between men and women. There was a pause in the conversation as Luka led N'kili through a twirl then brought her back close.

"If I may be a bit forward, I like men, but I love women. Men don't quite... satisfy me, emotionally, the way that women do."
Image Image Image Image
Shaihulud

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:13 am

Luka's response felt... satisfying... refreshing... the sweetest of lullabies to her delicate ears. How many times had her partner attempted to placate her attentions with one night intentions. After her return to Walled, N'kili had an encounter with such an individual, only to feel the sting of rejection in the morning for the experience turned out not to be what the woman expected. N'kili was wonderful, or so she insisted, but... N'kili understood... right?

Though N'kili accepted the rejection with a level of grace, she swore to herself never again.

With Luka, however, N'kili suspected this would not be the case. Thus far the bluerider seemed genuinely interested in the early stages of courting, and even revealed herself to be far more forthcoming about such prospects.

"If I may be a bit forward, I like men, but I love women. Men don't quite... satisfy me, emotionally, the way that women do."

"You may, and you are far more forgiving than I-" Since Luka disclosed her preferences so openly, N'kili felt it couth and expected to return such confessions- "Never have I experienced such enjoyment with a man. I find I lack the palette for them in any intimate setting. They are friends and comrades at best for me." Yet for all she disliked men, she very much enjoyed the company of the woman before her. "But... This..." She allowed the smile to float to her features, bringing life to her lustrous orbs. "This I can certainly appreciate. You are a good dancer Luka." Even with the slight discrepancy in their height, N'kili felt no hindrance in her ability to enjoy their twists and twirls upon the floor. Airing on the side of playful, during a moment of separation her hands danced about Luka's shoulders and over her fiery head without ever making true contact with the woman before the hand returned to push her ebony locks away from her brow. Once their forms rejoined, N'kili happily pursued their conversation.

"Did you ever pursue a craft before your Impression, Luka?" N'kili felt a hunger for whatever information she might be able to gain from her, to better understand her knew dance partner.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Luka listened as N'kili gave her own response in kind to Luka's forwardness about her preferences, nodding as the opalrider confirmed she didn't have any preference for men beyond friends and comrades. She understood that, in fact, her own preferences, being able to engage in intimacy with both but really love romantically only one had been a source of a lot of confusion when she was younger, believing that intimacy and romantic love were the same thing. She learned later that they weren't always the same for everyone, though it was that way for many, there were some, like herself, where sexual preference and romantic preference were two separate beasts. It seemed N'kili was the sort where they were the same, which was a good thing to be aware of.

"Did you ever pursue a craft before your Impression, Luka?"

It was inevitable really, for N'kili to ask about something other than gender preferences, though it came quickly to her, she quickly did think of a proper response.

"As a matter of fact, I was a harper for a while," she admitted, deciding to be honest about that. Luka didn't particularly like to lie about her past, perhaps it was why she preferred to simply dodge it when it was brought up in conversation. "I picked up a specialty in dance for a little while," she said with a smile.

"You mentioned being in the Diplomat Wing, correct? So does that mean you are a harper as well? Or a scholar? I honestly am not sure which craft would encompass diplomacy here in the South," she admitted with a little bit of a chuckle. She knew that while harpercraft covered everything from the arts to mathematics to archiving and writing for the North, the Southern craft was split into two, harpercraft and scholarcraft.
Image Image Image Image