Who's Asking Who for What? - Parker | Sid

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:29 am

"Yes, I want to dance with you. Why wouldn't I? Why shouldn't we? Look, I understand. I was holdbred as well, so I understand the...struggle with being so open with such things. Weyrlife has taught me, however, that it is much more enjoyable to dance with who you want regardless of what others might thing. If it's a matter of leading, you are more than welcome to lead. I can do both. Please? You really don't have to if you don't want to, but...I would very much enjoy this opportunity."

As the man spoke, Ambrosius could only watch him, beguiled by his willingness, bravery and spirit. Could the youth ever hope to be so bold? I could say yes... and considering everything for all fingers are pointed at us I would not be in the wrong. The man's words bolstered the candidate once Steward. Did one not once say "Fortune favours the brave?" Eyes fell upon the hand at his shoulder, and all the while he weighed the repercussions of action, and all the while the hand upon his arm fuelled such yearnings of the lofty venture.

To accept, or to not.

He placed his wager.

"I think I would very much enjoy it as well," the youth confessed.

Extended fingers made the invitation, and with his own long, delicate digits, he accepted it. Ambrosius never new such contact to feel so warm as he stood to his feet against a man whose height exceeded his own. "I could lead..." Ambrosius acknowledged. Looking up to Sid'nis, however, led the man to choose differently. "But I think I would prefer to follow this time." Ambrosius new the theory behind a follow, though he wished to place such knowledge to practice. To be a good follow, one needed to trust in their lead, and after placing such trust into Sid'nis in order to dance with him, Ambrosius believed now was as good a time as ever to break the convention.

Let tonight be the beginning of many firsts.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

"I think I would very much enjoy it as well,"

Sid had waited with baited breath for Ambrosuis's answer. He hoped that the candidate wouldn't allow self-conscience or the hide-bound thoughts of holders to hold him back. When he got the answer he wanted a large smile spread in elation, forcing his dimples deeper than ever. "I will certainly try to make it as enjoyable as possible." Sid promised as his fingers curled around Ambrosuis's long digits and slender hand.

"I could lead... But I think I would prefer to follow this time."

"If you want. The next dance you can lead." Sid said as he walked them onto the dance floor, just another couple among many. Before the song began Sid gave a respectful bow to Ambrosuis before holding up a hand for him to take and reached his hand to place on the man's shoulder blade to prepare for a simple, traditional waltz. He allowed Ambrosuis to get as close to him as he wanted. "As I warned it's been a long time since I've danced, so I apologize now if I happen to step on your toes."

Then the song began then and Sid started to lead them in the dance. It was rather obvious that he was a little rusty, but he wasn't so bad that he was watching his feet instead of his partner or those around them. His hands readjusted for a moment.

"Thank you for this Ambrosuis. I'm enjoying myself a lot. I hope you are." Sid said after they had been dancing for a few minutes. The smile had never left his face, though occasionally he would blush if their eyes meet for too long and had to turn to look elsewhere. He felt silly for it, but other than Mul'rec (whom didn't feel the same), it had been a long time since he'd find someone he'd wanted to flirt with.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Ambrosius could lose himself in those dimples for they went so deep with that smile.

"I will certainly try to make it as enjoyable as possible."

The contact of their hands caused the youth to shiver, long trembles down his arm to those entwined fingers... palm to palm... only to reverberated and bounce across his body once more. Such sensations claimed him as Sid'nis swept them away for their first dance, a waltz. Being the follow the guidance of the bluerider, Ambrosius understood now why women wore dresses for such dances. Their movements commanded elegance, and a dress only emphasised it with ever spin and pivot, floating above the wood surface as the couple vine-steps carried them down the floor. Grace. The youth attempted to master as much as he listened to Sid'nis' remarks.

"Thank you for this Ambrosuis. I'm enjoying myself a lot. I hope you are."

Ambrosius smiled in turn. "I am. I don't often find a dance partner I enjoy." Too distracted by the man before him, Ambrosius failed to mention other note worth partners he enjoyed through his brief lifetime at Benden. While Lady Inez proved playful, privately the man would have confessed an enjoyment of his steps shared with Lady Rhianwen on those rare occasions when they whirled upon the floor together. But it was not Lady Rhianwen he danced with at this moment, not Lady Rhianwen who captured smile after smile with his dimpled own.

Perhaps a toe to toe found themselves caught between those smiles, but Ambrosius minded little of the minor gaffes, especially when he noted the blushes that they stirred. Sid'nis apologised, and Ambrosius forgave him with ease... just so long as the bluerider allowed the youth to take him up on that offer for a second dance.

The song ended and a second began, a slower dance than the waltz they entertained themselves with. "I guess I should lead now," Ambrosius offered, though really how did one lead in a slow dance such as this? Small steps found their pace with one another as bodies leaned in to savour the moment of intimacy allowed to them by the song. One hand upon Sid'nis waist, and the second held against the taller man's palm, the two of them found themselves swaying to the leisure rhythm of their second song. "I've never danced with anyone like this before," the candidate murmured to the man. So close to him, he had no need to raise his voice. The gentle volume of his mezzo alto voice sufficed for their ears.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:35 am

The music was light and happy which made their waltzing steps a little quicker in movement. For as simple as the steps, twirls, and spins could be it was quite an elegant dance. Sid had learned it long before he ever moved to a weyr, before he left his home to be a healer. His mother had taught him. That next Gather he'd asked his first girl to dance. It was awkward, adorable, and innocent. From that point on he had tried to dance at least once at every Gather. That was before M'dor...

"I am. I don't often find a dance partner I enjoy."

Sid chuckled and blushed. "Then I am even more honored." He couldn't help but take the man's compliment to heart. Being the sensitive sort, he generally took most things to heart whether he should or not. "It's been turns since I've enjoyed dancing with anyone this much." He was too focused on Ambrosius to add the fact that his ex-weyrmate had never wanted to dance and was too much of the jealous type to allow Sid to dance with friends.

Despite the few toes he stepped on, each followed by an apology, Sid couldn't say that they were doing a bad job at this dance. There was one other apology he had to make to another person thanks to running into them. He had been looking down at Ambrosius, once again captured by a smile or a smirk, and wasn't watching where they were waltzing at. Too soon that song ended, but Sid was already looking forward to the next dance which happily started right up.

"I guess I should lead now. I've never danced with anyone like this before."

Sid's heart thumped a little harder at the slow dance that began. "Yeah, sure.." His voice gave a hint of fluttering he felt in his stomach. Still, for all the nervousness that he might be feeling Sid'nis moved in closer to Ambrosius since it was appropriate for a slow dance like this. "Never?" Sid asked with some shock. "It's a rather easy dance. It's more about," a blush coated his cheeks redder, "enjoying you're partner than about the steps of the dance." He stated as they swayed gently back and forth to the soft rhythm. "Here. This might feel more comfortable." Sid's tenor voice suggested softly as the hand holding onto Ambrosius's moved it to the other side of his waist while his hands moved to rest on the man's thin shoulders.

Thanks to the fact that they really didn't have to worry about complicated steps, that left Sid'nis more time to focus on his dance partner. While he would have never had imagined that he would be spending the evening in the company of a person he'd just met...he wouldn't have it any other way now. He needed this, their blushing and smirks and (dare he say it) the flirting. There was something that told him that Ambrosius needed this as well. Talk didn't seem possible at the moment. Sid attempted to think of things to talk about as they danced, but every time he thought he had something he would lose his train of thought thanks to the sight of a blush, a smile, or meeting his green hazel eyes with his light blue ones.

As the song progressed on, Sid continued to move a little closer to Ambrosius. The first time he did was in fact due to another person almost bumping into him, but the other times...didn't have as clear a reason. Sid, however, was a gentleman and kept his hands on Ambrosius's shoulders during the entirety of the song. When the song ended it was obvious that he was loathe to release his hold, but he did and after taking a step back he gave Ambrosius another respectful bow. Sid would have been inclined to another dance, but the harpers were taking a moment to switch and wouldn't be playing again for a bit.

"Well, can I buy you a drink? We could find a place more quiet to sit and talk. Unless, of course, there is someone waiting for you?" Sid was hopeful that the answer would be no, but if it wasn't...he would understand.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:13 am

Why did Ambrosius suddenly find himself feeling so warm? He wanted to blame the wine, though he knew he needed to thank the man instead. The hand now placed upon the bluerider's hip could not help but tighten against the hold, glimpsing at the man through touch despite the attire that guarded him from Ambrosius' curious digits. In turn, he found the taller man's palm cup along slender shoulders. Part of the youth wished to change places once more, to settle Sid'nis' hands upon his hips as slight arms curled around the broader man's neck, but fear made him refrain.

This is safer, he reminded himself, for all his holder eye wandered from time to time, worrying over a familiar face gaping in astonishment over his brazen actions with another man, yet lost in this moment with Sid'nis, he did not care.

Ever apology made the youth smile back. "Don't apologise... it just gives me an excuse to instruct you later." The impulsive suggestion pulled yet another blush, as well as smile... and a finger that danced along his low back. Was it so bad that he did such a thing? Would Sid'nis protest the gesture? Why did he feel so inclined as to make the subtle advance? A plethora of questions assaulted the man, though Sid'nis easy smile and their closer proximity eased his anxiety. The youth felt safe in the man's arms, their feet dancing toe to toe until the song drew to an end... yet a delay remained before they let each other go. Did this mean Sid'nis enjoyed the touch?

"Well, can I buy you a drink? We could find a place more quiet to sit and talk. Unless, of course, there is someone waiting for you?"

He wanted to buy him a drink? He stared at the man, shocked by the request, though his next question drew the man out of his dumbfounded stupor. "I-uh-well... no." He gave the man a smile. "I was waiting for my two Ladies... but not romantically, obviously..." he fumbled, his cheeks brightening with the gaffe before he looked to him. "Maybe we should get that drink..." Trying to hide the mixture of nerves and smiles upon his face, Ambrosius averted his gaze as he motioned for Sid'nis to lead the way. He followed behind the man, feeling a bit lost now when no dance floor or bodies distracted him, but the man became a torch through the crowd, guiding the youth to the stretch of bottles and kegs where they both collected a drink. "I... I could pay..." He had a purse, but Sid'nis insisted and Ambrosius conceded.

They found seating in a quiet corner on some hay bales set up away from the dancing square to provide some privacy though they still had a view of the dancing square. Ambrosius did not know whether to look at Sid'nis as he wished, or to divert his eyes out of a sense of propriety... yet his eyes always wandered to Sid'nis in the end. "I... thank you. I've never... well... done this before."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:49 am

"Don't apologise... it just gives me an excuse to instruct you later."

A large smile spread on his face. "I'm sorry I," Sid stopped himself for a laugh, "I guess I just can't help myself but apologize. I certainly wouldn't protest against better instructions. Faranth knows I could use them." The bluerider admitted easily. He felt the adventurous finger moving over the flesh of his lower back. Sid certainly didn't mind the gesture, though he couldn't help but wonder why Ambrosius did it. He wouldn't question him though, not now, but he did enjoy the feeling and even after they broke away after the music he could still enjoy the phantom feeling of the man's fingers on his lower back.

Sid was more than happy that Ambrosius agreed to get that drink with him. "Do not worry. We won't go too far. If your Ladies wish to find you we will not make it to difficult for them to spot you." He said with a grin and a wink. Sid lead them through the crowd until they made it to one of the drink merchants. Sid ordered two drinks and despite Ambrosius's arguments about having his own marks, the bluerider ended up buying both of their drinks. "I'm sure you do, but I don't mind spending the marks. Think of it as my thanks to you for dancing with me." The glass was raised in cheers before he took a sip of it.

With drinks in hand, Sid lead them to a place where the benches of the dancing square gave way to hay bales. It was still close enough to hear the music and see the dancers, but not so much that they couldn't speak normally without having to strain to hear each other. Sid took several long sips of his drink after sitting down next to Ambrosius. There was something about the man that...well, Sid couldn't put his finger on it. For now...he was going to enjoy his company and his drink.

"I... thank you. I've never... well... done this before."

"You're welcome. You've never...." Sid paused as he thought of the best words to used. "enjoyed a Gather to the fullest before? That is very sad. I am more than happy to show you how much fun can be had. One of the most enjoyable things, of course, is having someone to share the Gather with. After that...doesn't really matter what you do as long as you have fun. Are you having fun, Ambrosius?" Sid didn't really seem to mind how close they were sitting on the hay bale, he rather enjoyed it honestly.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:38 pm

"You're welcome. You've never... enjoyed a Gather to the fullest before? That is very sad. I am more than happy to show you how much fun can be had. One of the most enjoyable things, of course, is having someone to share the Gather with. After that...doesn't really matter what you do as long as you have fun. Are you having fun, Ambrosius?"

Did Ambrosius come out and say it? Did he refer to the matter he truly addressed? Swallowing his nerves, he spoke of the thoughts that stirred within him. "I've enjoyed a Gather before, but never in the company of another gentleman," he answered, dropping formalities to get right down to the bottom of his tumultuous emotions. Yet still he could not banish the smile that broadened his smile and brightened his cheeks, bringing the spark of merriment to his envy green eyes. Those peridot orbs averted to his wine glass as he collected his thoughts, attempting to articulate the wonderment and confusion that seized his very heart. "I've never been at ease with addressing..." he gave pause, attempting to find the right words before he proceeded, "interests of intimate or romantic inclinations."

Sid'nis could take that as a confession if he wished, though Ambrosius could not bring himself to say more.

"I comprehend the Weyr's more liberal leanings, but... survival and holdbred views puppeteer the very strings of instinct that command me." Yet here Ambrosius sat with the bluerider, sipping their wine and ale as smiles spoke volumes for what words failed to convey. The danger of exposure lingered, but the threat of isolation drove the youth to be brave. Even the slightest of shivers echoed in the ripples running into the centre of his goblet, yet Ambrosius pressed lips together and spoke on. "I do not know whether I tremble with... fear... or elation..."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 pm

"I've enjoyed a Gather before, but never in the company of another gentleman. I've never been at ease with addressing..." he gave pause, attempting to find the right words before he proceeded, "interests of intimate or romantic inclinations."

"I see..." Sid stated, not really surprised by the fact that Ambrosuis had never kept such...close company with another man before at a Gather. Considering such behavior was taboo to most holds. Ambrosuis's next confession had him blushing a little as well as he looked down into his mug of ale. "I can't say I'm very good at addressing such things myself." He also wasn't the best at catching when such interests were given to him, but right now he had a feeling that Ambrosuis was feeling the same things he was.

"I comprehend the Weyr's more liberal leanings, but... survival and holdbred views puppeteer the very strings of instinct that command me. I do not know whether I tremble with... fear... or elation..."

"I understand. I grew up in a hold. It took me awhile for me to come to term a with, well, myself. I was happier when I did though." While Sid could understand the troubles of a hold bred man liking other men, he had no idea what exactly Ambrosuis was going through. A hand reached over to lay gently on his. "I certainly don't want you to be afraid. If it's any consolation, I'm trembling a little myself. I don't...I'm not the type to so easily feel such attractions." Sid confessed, his heart pounding in his chest. "Nor am I the type to act on them, but honestly," he licked dry lips, "Right now I feel like being bolder than I usually am."

Bright blue eyes looked at Ambrosuis. Did he dare to be so bold? "I...I would like very much to kiss you right now." Sid was too much of a gentleman to steal a kiss, especially from someone he'd only known this evening, but he could not deny the desire he felt.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:50 pm

The man's confession drew Ambrosius' lips in to be moistened. His bottom lip continued to be chewed by anxious teeth as Sid'nis began to face him, expressing the want to kiss him, the askance. How warm the bluerider's hand felt over his own. Fearful of driving away those heated fingers, Ambrosius stilled himself like a pup wary of frightening away the feline.

"I...I would like very much to kiss you right now."

Such words provoked his heart to jump as eyes softened for the man. After a glance at those rose pink lips, eye lids grew heavy as he leaned towards Sid'nis in a gesture of acceptance and invitation. Whether he kissed the man first, or if Sid'nis joined Ambrosius in the advance mattered little to the youth who now found his lips testing a kiss, chaste with the first union, plush by the second surge forward, daring to taste with the third hemming of their supple mouths, and hungered by the fourth when lips finally parted with want. The hand beneath Sid'nis own clenched, only to grasp at the those long assuring fingers for anchor as he drowned against the bluerider's kiss.

Never in all his life could the youth recall ever kissing anyone in such a fashion. Only once had he found himself with another, but too terrified of being discovered, he guarded himself against every kiss and every touch, until the night ended and he crept out of the unknowing companion's bed. Now, he kissed with no reservation, forgetting for a time that even Inez or Rhianwen might be watching, or even worse... Rhianwen's brother. Yet as he found their kiss tangling together, stealing the young man of breath, such visions of discovery remained fleeting from thoughts dominated by him.

Him.

Sid'nis.

He only met the man this evening, yet he felt their familiarity surpassed any shallow or brief acquaintance. With but a single kiss he exposed himself to Sid'nis willingly, allowing the vulnerability to finally take him when lips broke away from one another so both men might find inspiring reprieve as their brows knit together in recovery. Even with the kiss now but a memory to him, it continued to live with every breath he took, visions of it etching into stone where it would be forever remembered. "Thank you..." he managed between his deep respirations.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:39 am

Sid couldn't believe he'd just confessed that. It was not like him to be so bold and forward. What was it about Ambrosius that caused him to act in such a way? He couldn't deny a certain familiarity with the man, but why he felt that eluded him. Perhaps it was simply his loneliness that he shared in common with the candidate. Whatever it was, it was undeniable. Still, he wouldn't blame Ambrosius for being put off by his forward behavior.

The moment he realized that Ambrosius was leaning in to capture his lips, Sid leaned in to meet him. Upon the first union of long neglected lips he couldn't help but allow himself to be captured by the moment. The warmth of such small contact made his entire body shiver in delight. It had been so long, longer than he cared to admit, since he'd kissed anyone...even during a flight. The longer their lips drank of each other, the more passionate the kiss became until Sid didn't care who saw them so lost was he. His hand squeezed Ambrosius's own as his long fingers twined with the man's delicate ones.

Even when his lungs begged for breath, Sid continued to kiss him until his own lips were numb with pleasure. His free hand moved to grasp behind the fair man's neck and hold him closer to him as they drank deeply from each other's mouths. He honestly didn't want to stop kissing him. Ambrosius's lips were warm and tender, the type that begged to be kissed more because they needed it and because he wanted it. However, no kiss could truly last forever and eventually they both had to break for breath. Their foreheads remained knit together and the hand Sid had wrapped around Ambrosius's neck began a soft massage of the flesh there.

"Thank you..."

A wide smile spread on the bluerider's face. "You're thanking me? I think it is I that should thank you for allowing me to be so bold." He stated before stealing another short, but equally soft, kiss from the man. "It's been too long since I've enjoyed kissing someone like that." A part of him knew that he shouldn't even be kissing Ambrosius since he was a candidate, but a part of him didn't care either.
Image Image Image Image