Dancing Square [2038 Seahold Summer Gather]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Kate

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:34 am

Tag:Esca

Talen gave him a smirk, although it only lasted a moment. He didn't need to give them a reason to not behave themselves. They hadn't been able to see each other much lately, and he didn't want to do anything to make it worse. If something happened again, he figured that would be the end of seeing Esca at all until he got his own day wher and graduated. Maybe even after that. He didn't want to chance it. He finally managed to say, "Yah, I agree with you. There are certainly some things that are worth thinking about."

The smile that came across Esca's face made Talen smile as well. He was glad they could at least spend some time together, even if it wasn't the kind of time together they might want. He got a cup of klah to sip on as the two of them talked. He nodded and said, "So far so good. I don't remember ever doing anything like this before. I don't remember having them in the Holds. Although I might have just been too busy to notice." He took a sip of his klah and then shook his head, "No, I didn't really see anything that caught my eye until I saw the people dancing here."

He raised his eyebrow as Esca brought the jar out, a small smile playing on his face. He chuckled a bit and said, "That does seem rather unlike you, but I'm glad you did it. Everyone needs a pet. I myself have been thinking about getting a flit at some point. I just want to make sure I have enough time to give it the care and attention it needs though." He smiled and said, "I think that it is nice that you won't know what it is until it hatches. Makes it more interesting. Either way, I'm sure you will love it, and it will love you."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Caerbutt

Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:16 am

T’thus of Blue Sarutath
Tag Kimina

T’thus was blissfully unaware that he was being watched, which was somewhat unusual for the usually vigilant bluerider. However, he was quite relaxed here at this Gather and almost entirely entranced by the entertainment. As such, when the Candidate approached him, T’thus gasped and nearly dropped his slate in his rush to look at the young woman who had talked to him. After that, some red flashed briefly on his cheeks as he rebalanced his slate against his arm and started to write upon it. Once finished, he flipped the slate around to show Kimina what he had written.

I would love to dance, though I’m not exactly the most experienced. My name is T’thus, rider of Blue Sarutath. What’s your name?

V’ru of Green Radith
Tag Luka

“That’s good to hear! And yes, dancing is quite enjoyable, if I do say so myself,” V’ru concurred as he allowed the bluerider to lead them in their dance. “Am I doing well? That’s good to hear, at least I have some skill to work off of for the future,” the greenrider said with a chuckle. “I suppose I could practice more whenever I get the chance. Or maybe I just need someone to show me how to dance better. Are there people who teach dancing?”
Altreis

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:02 am

Tag: T'thus

It was not Kimina's intention in the least to sneak up on the young man. She gasped when he startled and then his cheeks colored. "I'm sorry!" she said, Cobei crooning soothingly at the same time. "I didn't mean to startle you sir. You were just looking around and moving to the music...I thought maybe you wanted a partner to dance with. Erm...perhaps that was a bit presumptuous of me. You could be waiting for someone or perfectly happy swaying a bit here, but in case you did want to dance with someone and had no one I didn't want you to be stuck here, alone."

While she was blabbering he'd started scribbling on the slate and now turned it so she could see...words? Kimina blinked at that. She was very tempted to ask why but thought better of it. She didn't know him, he didn't know her, and the likeliest reasons were obvious: either he didn't want to speak or more likely he could not speak. Any reasons that led to either of those scenarios were ones that could be painful to discuss and she'd rather not accidentally rub salt in any wounds he might have. This was supposed to be a happy, fun occasion after all.

He was a rider! Kimina smiled brightly at him. "You have a dragon? I'd love to meet him sometime! Oh, how rude of me. Usually I'm a bit better at remembering introductions." She cleared her throat, cheeks coloring a bit. "I'm Kimina and this is my partner in dance and song, Cobei." At her introduction the iolite carefully bowed, chirping a hello to him. Kimina smiled brightly at him. "Honestly I don't mind if you aren't the best dancer. If you're willing to give me a little time to feel out what's comfortable for you I promise I will. I'd like to help you enjoy today. No one should have to be alone, dance alone, if they don't want to."

She looked at his slate then. Hmm, dancing with that would be awkward yet if he set it down... "Cobei, would you be willing to guard his slate and tool while we danced? Not the sort of thing thieves generally go for but all it takes is someone sweeping it 'out of their way' for it to end up lost." Cobei chittered and hopped from Kimina's shoulder to hover over the slate. Kimina grinned at the bluerider then. "Well T'thus...may I have this dance?" she asked, holding her hand out to him.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:28 am

Tag ~ Talen
"Yah, I agree with you. There are certainly some things that are worth thinking about."

Esca simpered at that comment. The unspoken words between them known even if not a syllable was uttered. The green handler couldn't help but blush a little. Memories of their night together would often plague (pleasantly) him at night. While he was a patient man, even he was rather anxious for Talen to bond and become a full-fledged handler himself. He didn't speak more on things worth thinking about, especially since at the moment all they could do was think about such things.

"So far so good. I don't remember ever doing anything like this before. I don't remember having them in the Holds. Although I might have just been too busy to notice. No, I didn't really see anything that caught my eye until I saw the people dancing here."

"Really? Shards, even we had the occasional Gather in Southern Boll." Esca said with some shock. He realized that Talen was from a smaller sized hold, but he didn't realize it was that small. "Yes, the dancing is something. I love listening to the music if nothing else." Esca said honestly as he paused for a moment in order to listen to the music the harpers were playing. "There was a lot to look at here at the Gather. I'm surprised this is all that caught your attention." He said with a chuckle.

"I'm still rather surprised at myself. Then again...I didn't think about any sort of bond until Adianca and to be honest...she was a lot of the reason I decided to get this egg." Esca said with more of a chuckle. "I think I will be happy I got this egg, but until it hatches...who knows. You should go buy yourself one, Talen. Even if you are a candidate. It's good practice, right?" Esca said, wishing to not feel so alone in his purchase of a random egg. Adianca assured him once more that he wouldn't regret this decision, but still..he wasn't sure about that.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:34 pm

The young candidate studied the red head in front of him for a moment before smiling just a bit. He was glad that he hadn't continued to talk about how they were thinking about each other. They both knew that's what the other was thinking about. That one night, their first...and last night alone. He thought about it often, although with everything he did, he didn't have ALOT of time to do so. For that, he was glad. It made it slightly easier to not be with Esca. He was glad he could still talk to him, and see him, even if they couldn't be alone.

Talen chuckled a bit and said, "Well, I was never really...one to go to these type of things anyway, so I probably just didn't pay any attention to things like that." That much was true. He was a bit more open now than he was when he was younger. He looked at Esca and shrugged and said, "Well, I got here kind of late, and I heard the music and came over to check it out. I was planning on doing some exploring after this, if you'd care to join me."

He listened to Esca, and nodded before saying, "I never really thought about it either until I heard about daywhers. It was almost..almost like I knew I was destined to have one." At Esca's suggestion he nodded and said, "I probably would have if I hadn't just gotten a firelizard. I haven't even had a chance to introduce him to you yet.."

After a moment, he took a deep breath and then said, "Esca..I..know we're not the greatest dancers..but...would you..erm..like to dance with me?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Caerbutt

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:56 pm

T’thus
Tag Kimina

As the young woman that had startled him profusely apologized, T’thus quickly realized that this girl, a Candidate by knots, was the rather talkative sort. He didn’t mind talking to people at all, though he realized it might make dancing with her just that much more awkward. Oh well, he’d just have to deal with it.

The bluerider dipped his head politely in acknowledgement of woman’s introduction. So the Candidate’s name was Kimina, hm? He smiled, though, like Kimina, T’thus started to worry about his slate. He was used to carrying it on his person, even if it was just put away in a satchel attached to his hip, but he knew full well that it would make dancing cumbersome.

Luckily, that worry was assuaged when Kimina called on Cobei to guard his writing supplies. T’thus smiled gratefully as he set his slate down, leaving the flitter to do his duty. With a certain excited twinkle in his eye, T’thus accepted Kimina’s hand and headed to the dance floor to begin his dance, hoping all the meanwhile he wouldn’t be so bad as to step on Kimina’s foot or something.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Tag ~ Talen
"Well, I got here kind of late, and I heard the music and came over to check it out. I was planning on doing some exploring after this, if you'd care to join me."

Esca gave the man a wide smile. "Nothing wrong with being fashionably late, after all. Of course, I'd love to join you. I mean...this is probably the most time we'll get to spend with each other for awhile. I certainly plan on taking advantage of it as much as I can." He said, not too afraid to give the man a wink. "We probably shouldn't dally here too long then. A lot of the vendors start packing up after the dancing and the bonfire. If there is anything specific you're looking for, I might be able to tell you are they are." Esca said helpfully.

"I never really thought about it either until I heard about daywhers. It was almost..almost like I knew I was destined to have one. I probably would have if I hadn't just gotten a firelizard. I haven't even had a chance to introduce him to you yet.."

He couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, I'm happy that you decided to try for one. I'm happy that Adianca decided to save me." Esca would always be beyond grateful for his green. "Yes, I would like to meet him. I'm rather anxious to see what I get from this one. You might have to help me name it...whatever it is. I'm really not the greatest with naming things." He took a long sip of his drink as he watched those spinning on the dance floor. His eyes landed on the sight of two men dancing together. First he was a little shocked and then he couldn't help but smile for them. That took courage, courage he was sure he didn't have.

"Esca..I..know we're not the greatest dancers..but...would you..erm..like to dance with me?"

The countenance of his face turned to one of shock as he looked at Talen. Had the man somehow been able to read his mind? No, of course not, but the question mixed with his own thoughts were an eerie coincidence. "Um...I...I've never...well..." he scratched the back of his head and adjusted his small pony tail he always kept neatly tied at the nape of his neck. While he certainly liked the idea of dancing with Talen...there were so many people watching and what if Micah or Sheila saw them and had an issue with it. A soft croon and encouraging word from Adi finally pushed him to answer. "Yes...yes I would like that."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:20 am

Esva's smile turned out to be quiet infectious. As Talen watched the red head talk about them getting to spend time together, and the smile that lit up his face, the candidate could not help but smile back. What Esca said was true. It would certainly be nice to spend some time with him, especially since the only time they seemed to see each other was at meals. That was not nearly long enough. Talen still didn't know what was going to happen once he graduated, but he hoped Esca would still be there. He chuckled a bit and said, "I completely agree, and I'm glad that you want to walk around with me. I think it'll be nice.."

He couldn't help but chuckle and say, "Well, I'm glad I decided to become one too...I..wouldn't have met you if I hadn't." Esca was...more than a friend...more than a lover. He couldn't explain it. There was just something about the man that made him grateful everyday that he had decided roc one here and become a daywher candidate, and for the fact that he ran into Esca in the hot springs that day.

He nodded and said, "Of course I will help you name it, although I have to warn you, I might not be much better at naming than you. I guess we'll have to find out when it hatches.." He couldn't wait for it to hatch, although he knew that Esca was probably just as excited, even though he already had Adi.

He raised his eyebrow in pleasant surprise when Esca agreed to dance with him. He hadn't really thought that the red head would agree, but he was happy he had. At first it had looked like Esca wouldn't, and Talen wouldn't have blamed him. He smiled brightly and said, "Really? You really want to dance?" He smiled even more and then extended his hand a bit and said, "Well then...shall we?"