Competition: Archery [2038 Seahold Summer Gather]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Isilsk

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 am

FINAL ROUND
Najden - 15
Tazkerov - 12

CONGRATULATIONS NAJDEN
Almoreonion

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Tag: Najden

Shardit!

Tazkerov turned away from the target, his face completely neutral, after firing his last arrow. So close. He’d come so close to matching the other young man’s score, only to lose in the final moments of the round. He had to own that it was frustrating, although in truth it was not that he had shot badly, simply that the other young man had shot better.

“Well shot,” he said, taking a step towards the victor and offering his hand in congratulations. It was a bad idea to showcase annoyance with one’s failure, after all. Besides, for all that it was annoying, being shown up by some Lord Holder’s kid, Tazkerov had enjoyed being able to compete, and competition was no fun when victory came too easily.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Tag ~ Taz

A pleased smirk was all Naji gave at being the victor of the competition. While he didn't need to win a competition to tell him that he was a pretty damn good with bows, it felt good to prove it to others. His competitors had certainly been quite the challenge for him. He was almost sure that the lad he was going against for first place was going to win.

“Well shot,”

Naji turned to the man and shook his offered hand. "Thanks good man. You had me scared, I won't lie." He was glad the other man wasn't too sore at losing. There was nothing worse than being a bad sport during competitions. "I think we all did rather brilliantly, if I may say so." Naji wasn't a sore loser and he wasn't an arrogant winner for all there was times he wanted to be. "Where'd you learn to shoot so well?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Almoreonion

Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Tag: Naji

Tazkerov’s lips twitched in the beginning of a smile as the other young man accepted his hand and shook it. It was good, to acknowledge a game well played with one’s fellow player. It would have been easier to be annoyed had the man been stuck up, or gloating, but it was easier by far to lose to someone like this, he had to admit.

“Oh, mostly from a cousin of mine. He started me out, at least, and I’ve been at the Weyr for a while, so…” Taz shrugged, communicating that the Weyr’s trainers had been more than up to the task of encouraging a youth to practice.

“What about you? You have a good eye for this?” He truly was curious, and he also wanted to see if the other youth would let slip what Hold he came from (and therefore whose son he was).
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 pm

“Oh, mostly from a cousin of mine. He started me out, at least, and I’ve been at the Weyr for a while, so…”

Naji took down his bow, being sure to keep the looped end of the string around the bow. "Yeah? That was nice of him. From what I've heard, the felines that prowl around down here are best taken care of with a bow. Well...other than the dragons of course." He chuckled. There was nothing a dragon couldn't do, from what he'd been led to believe all his life. Naji motioned his head for the man to follow him so they could pick up their winnings. "I don't think I caught your name. I'm Najden."

“What about you? You have a good eye for this?”

"I've been practicing ever since I was...shit I don't even remember. It's been a long time. I started off with the bow, but I'm not too bad with throwing knives either, if I do say so myself. I am the youngest boy, so I had to find something to do to keep myself entertained back home in Bitra." Naji didn't know if his shooting companion knew who he was or not, but he really didn't want to introduce himself as a Lord Holder's son either.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Almoreonion

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Tag: Naji

Tazkerov nodded, the smile growing enough to actually appear in answer to the other young man’s chuckle, in answer to the comment about two ways to hunt felines. It was true, felines were best hunted using methods that kept the hunter at a distance. Taz wasn’t too sure he’d even want to risk a dragon to those creatures, not with what he’d heard of how they hunted.

“Tazkerov,” he supplied. He was kind of stuck providing his right name, just in case he should happen to encounter Najden again while in the presence of someone from the Weyr. He slipped into stride roughly half a step behind the other young man, an accedence to the other’s rank that he had learned from four turns in the Weyr.

“Bitra, eh?” Tazkerov said. “Been here long? Even better, you staying here long? I wouldn’t mind going a round or two of knives with you.” Truth it was, though Tazkerov was more truly after the information of how long a son of Bitra’s Lord Holder was going to be in the South and why, although it was possible that Najden had already told him, after a fashion.

“Your father has many sons, then?” he inquired, as they reached the table where the winnings were to be handed out.