Flutters of a Different Sort ~ [ Tag ] Shai/Miral

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Selvi hadn't intended to go to the gather. She wanted to remain at the Weyr, curl up in bed with her books and hides and study a little bit now that she had a few brief moments away from more hardened riding duties. She would still need to tend to Tolorth in the morning, but right now, her time was her own. She wasn't sure what had led her to go to her wardrobe and look at the only gowns she owned, or why she had pulled out one in particular, smoothing her hands over the soft gown's layers before her mind had been made up.

And then a particular green had butted into her thoughts, nudging in so quickly that she barely had a chance to realize she'd been sitting there in the first place. *You deserve the time, Selvi. No duties in the infirmary, no time with your books and hides. Just a little dancing, a few drinks, maybe some shopping. You know you want this.* She rolled her eyes but knew her green was right, which made the creature snort in delight. Of course she was right - if anyone knew the woman better than she knew herself, it was Tolorth.

It was with that in mind that she'd bathed, dressed, fixed her hair and maybe even bothered to put a little makeup and jewelry on before checking her appearance in the mirror. It looked strange, seeing herself so made up when for the last few Turns it had been messy hair and clothes, some of which fit only because she'd belted them the right way. It wasn't that she was trying to look sloppy on purpose, but she was both a rider and a student, and there were times when she could hardly be bothered to pull herself together she was so tired after a stint in the infirmary and duties on top of it.

But it was the life she had chosen, her craft and riding. And while she normally could handle it just fine, knew what to expect, that didn't mean she didn't complain sometimes when those few moments appeared where it all became too much to bear. Riders weren't meant to craft, they were meant to fight Thread and tend to their dragons. That was their purpose in life. She was trying to both, and that was on her if she had to give up the process of healing - she would, because you didn't give up being a rider unless that was taken away from you... and with it, your soul left you soon after.

That was how she found herself wandering the gather grounds now, and it was how she found herself idly lazing about with nary a purchase in hand, just a skin of wine attached to her belt and a cup in hand, stopping every so often to watch a puppet show or view one of the many daring feats on display. She wasn't quite as relaxed as Tolorth said she would become, but it was still early, and the day was still so very young.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Tag Status: Permission Needed, otherwise Closed

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Though Irali's position forced her to cut her visit to Southern Seahold short, the girl did tell her mother to enjoy herself for once. Miral laughed at her daughter's insistence, though after some consideration, and after several nudges from the eager adolescent, Miral agreed to return to the Gather after she brought Irali home.

As promised, she returned a candlemark later to wander the stands, though she did so mostly to search for a present for her daughter now that she was not at her heels. With hands folded behind her back, she visited one stall and then the next, her gaze combing through the various items to find the perfect gift for Irali. As a candidate, and with a clutch far to close, Miral would not be able to get Irali a firelizard, though she knew the girl was eager for one. Perhaps after she Impressed and settled with her dragon, Miral would find a good egg for her, or after the recent string of hatchings if Irali was not so fortunate. Miral, however, reserved high hopes for her daughter, and had no doubt in her heart she would Impress someday, in her own time... though not necessarily on her own terms.

In the back of her mind, she felt the gentle roll of laughter from Myrath. Considering his austere demeanour, it certainly felt odd to the woman, as though the beast actually attempted to tease her.

Honestly, you were not that much of a surprise to me. You did give me five turns of preparation.

The saucy remark was enough to prickle at the zultanite's nerves. It is hardly my fault I was not clutched sooner.

Rather than reply, Miral grinned in satisfaction at her own dragon. His defence had only shown he did not have the wit to best her, though she did love him regardless.

She felt his retort, but he said nothing, and instead reverted to his silent ways.

Miral's eyes, however, returned to her task, stepping from one stall to the next, and reaching into the recesses of her mind to recall that which had caught Irali's attention. However, it was as she wandered that Miral caught sight of a familiar woman.

Selvi.

The greenrider and healer recently joined Miral's wing, while her lovely green became a lovely fixture among her wingmates. Appreciative of having a healer in the Wing, Miral already calculated how to put Selvi's talents to good use without interfering with the formation of the other dragons. If an emergency were to happen, for example...

But now was not the time for such thoughts. It was a gather, and both Selvi and herself were clearly absent of company. With a smooth of her silky white tunic worn against her well fitted wherhide pants and knee high boots, Miral walked over to the greenrider with the hopes of remedying their lonely conditions.

The gown made it rather difficult for Miral not to pay notice to Selvi as she approached. Its cut and accents fit well along the greenrider's slender form. Curious, however, was the skin of wine in the woman's possession. A rare and telling smirk played upon Miral's features as she approached the woman, her steps finding their place just to the greenrider's side, and just behind her. "You wouldn't happen to know where I might find such a skin," Miral opened teasingly. "Is it a good vintage?"

Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:45 am

She knew that voice only too well so there was no real need to turn in order to connect it to name or face. Selvi tried her best not to grin, but on a day like today when Turn's End was being celebrated, it was difficult to keep joy of any kind away from one's features. She grinned and slowly shifted to face Miral, head bowed in a show of respect, and a moment later she found herself responding in an almost humored tone though she managed to remain respectful of the woman for obvious reasons. If there was a touch of something more to her tone, besides the jovial notation, that was for Miral to decide.

"Ah, Wingleader. Ma'am." She tugged it away from her belt and offered it over, allowing the zultaniterider a chance to get a look at the label. But as she held it out, the woman lifted a brow. "But why read the label when I can offer you one better and share a glass of it with you instead?" And it was with those words that her grin started to widen, and if she winked, well, she didn't try to hide it. Tolorth was amused, more than she probably should have been, which was even more of a guarantee that the greeen would give her rider shit about her attitude when they were finally alone again.

Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Tag Status: Permission Needed, otherwise Closed

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:47 am

The mirrored look only emboldened Miral, though she would say as much... if only for the fact it was unnecessary to put to word what both women already knew. At their age, they had played this game before, learning to perfect it and read all the signs that came of it. Even if Selvi bowed, it was the chord of humour in her voice that gave her away to the zultaniterider, which only served to amuse Miral.

"Ah, Wingleader. Ma'am." The greenrider offered the skin, and who was Miral to deny it. She glanced over the words, and nodded in approval. Then Selvi spoke once more, "But why read the label when I can offer you one better and share a glass of it with you instead?"

Icy eyes slipped up to the woman, catching the wink the greenrider sent her. "I will happily accept, so long as you allow me to return the favour, Selvi," Miral replied. Whether her voice reflected her amusement or gratitude, it was difficult to tell, though Miral would quietly admit a sense of appreciation for Selvi's gracious offer. "And please, call me Miral. There is no need for ranks today." At a gather of all places, it was time for wingleaders and wingmen alike to recline in enjoyment, equally savouring in their success over the turn. In the end, they all fought hard, and were all deserving of that glass of wine.

Now if only Miral could find a glass of her own. She spared a glance about, but could not find the wine stalls near by. This only supplied her with a crafty excuse. "Care to accompany me while I search for a glass?" she offered, and even offered the hook of her arm in invitation.