The Dancing Square [Evanoria Gather 2045]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 am

Tag: Nizhoni / Lanni
"Why do you think I keep doing it?" He couldn't stop it, he was in a good mood, a festive mood, and his friend was currently going to receive the end of his good humor. She seemed receptive to it, and if she hadn't, then he would have stopped, would have set her down from the start and stepped away, apologized later and made it up to her in some manner like he always did when he flubbed up, which was rare but it did happen from time to time. "But I don't see you arguing. Unless you're trying to hide something from me, hm?" He reached to her side to tickle her a little and grinned as he did so, before turning back to the gentleman he'd presented her. "No, no, no... I told you I'd be a gentleman, and I'm not going to pull back on that. I shall be like a Lord today, nice and elegant and beyond perfect in manners. Watch, you'll see."
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:29 am

*~Nizihoni of Pyrite Faradeth~*
Tag: K'rios/Ember
Nizhoni's smile never faltered as K'rios continued their playful banter. Today was a happy day, one to celebrate the good things in their lives and by the Egg, Niz wasn't going to spend it being a sour puss! Cheekily batting away the questing fingers that came near her, Niz felt a hearty laugh leave her. "You're a meanie, K'rios! You know I'm ticklish," She admitted around her grin. "No gentleman would tickle a lady when her defenses are down," Niz said before adding an impish twinkle to her brown eyes. "Just how do you plan on being a gentleman? You wouldn't know manners if it came up and licked you!" She teased swatting playfully on his arm.

Then. as quick as a wink, Niz turned her own impish heart towards their play-acting. "You did promise me a turn on the Dance floor, my lord. Are you to make good on your other promises?"
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Tag ~ Tovalia
That was a curious situation. Ao'mek had never heard of someone from New Atricis being sent to Walled Hold before. The other way around for sure, but that was indeed curious. "Yes, I could see where people would think you are southern born in that case. Not to mention you have the look of us southerners. Lovely dark hair and skin, makes it easier to believe you are southern born." Had she blond or lighter eyes that would be another matter. "I won't lie and say I'm not curious why you were sent to Walled Hold from New Atricis first, but I also respect people's wishes to privacy." The curiosity shone obviously in his dark eyes, but he was respectful enough to not be more nosy than that.

"Not that I mind terribly. New Atricis is becoming so mixed between Northern and Southern that I think eventually people in the Weyr won't care at all,"

"It is true. I must say that I feel equally at home at Walled and New Atricis." Granted, he was the type to be comfortable wherever he was. Ao'mek was not the sort to complain. In fact, he could take any bad situation and spin it in a silver light. That was just how he was. "I personally don't think people should care either way. North, south, neither either better or worse than the other. After all we're all just people trying to live life the best we can." That was honestly how he felt, though he knew there were plenty of others with an opposite mindset.

Ao'mek drank more of his whisky, finishing it off. "Well, my lovely companion, once you finish your drink...no rush, of course...what would you like to do? I am enjoying your company far too much to give it up now."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:26 am

~Dress
Tag- Ao'mek
She knew he was right, while there were Northerners that looked like her, darker features did make it harder to visually distinguish a Northerner and a Southerner. She didn't really mind that of course. At his question though, Tova wasn't sure how to answer, though his reassurance did help. She could completely avoid answering if she wanted to.

"Ah, well, I wasn't really part of New Atricis in the beginning, so when my parents passed away and some Walled riders found an orphan, they took me to one of their orphanages. I lived there for about a turn. I almost was tested for craft skill to see if a family would adopt me, but then I was Searched and then sent back to Atricis to Stand here." She knew he gave her the option to not say anything, but she was enjoying talking to him, she didn't want to discourage their conversation by awkwardly avoiding the topic altogether.

She nodded in silent agreement as Ao'mek voiced his opinion on North and South being neither better or worse than the other. Granted, she had a different experience with both places than others, but she didn't really feel one was better than the other either. After all, after her parents, she had been taken care of in an orphanage alongside her "rouge siblings," she she sometimes referred to them as. She might have even been given the chance to study a craft with a crafter family had things gone differently at that time.

She continued sipping at her wine, seeing he had finished his whisky but assured he was in no hurry to rush her. She chuckled. "You're too kind," she insisted, waving at him in a dismissive manner as if she didn't quite believe his words. "But if you would be up for it, perhaps we could properly share a dance. She'd be done with her wine in a moment, she thought silently as she gave a quick inspection of her glass.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Ember

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:56 am

Tag: Lanni / Nizhoni

"Just how do you plan on being a gentleman? You wouldn't know manners if it came up and licked you!"

She had just walked straight into that one, because rather than focus on being a gentleman, he decided to return to his playful nature because that was a part of him that he couldn't just avoid when a situation presented itself to him. He tipped his head forward and smirked against her ear. "Why don't we call you manners and see if it sticks?" He kissed her ear, felt an electric pulse that wasn't all that unfamiliar when it came to Nizhoni, but as he had before, he brushed it off as something else completely before pulling back and grinning down at her. "But yes, I have the manners of a gentleman, and I will prove it to you, dear lady." He said, as if nothing untoward had just taken place between them.
Lanni

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 am

With a mental planting of her forehead into her palm, Nizhoni realized that she had painted herself into a corner with her teasing of K'rios. As much as the petite rider tried to school her features, the Pyrite rider knew that her face was flaming as her dance partner leaned in closer. His words brought a smile to her lips just moments before a shiver traced its way down her spine. The gentle kiss that he pressed to her ear fired up her imagination briefly before her mind came back to the situation. Sputtering a bit at his teasing, Niz wondered just how she was going to get out of this new mess she had fixed herself into.

It was K'rios' sudden return to a gentleman that proved to be the woman's saving grace though and Nizi latched onto it with gusto. "How will you prove it to me, kind sir?" She asked around her fading blush. "Are we to dance now? I do believe that the Harpers are winding down on their current song though,"Niz added with a grin. Cocking one hip out to her side, she planted one hand on the fabric of her colorful skirt. Tilting her head in the opposite direction, the playful prankster waited to see what the Pewter candidate master had up his sleeve now.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Tag ~ Tavolia
Ao'mek's animated face fell into one of sincere sorrow when she mentioned the death of her parents. He still had both of his parents and he loved both of them dearly. The thought of losing them was enough to cut him to the core, he couldn't imagine being a child and losing them. He reached a hand out and lightly pat her shoulder sympathetically. "I am so sorry you lost your parents. I can't even imagine how difficult that was. I don't want to imagine. Well, I'm glad Walled was there to give you a place to go." He told her with as much sincerity as a person possibly could. However, such a sad subject didn't have a place at a Gather where they should only be having fun, so he didn't press the conversation further lest it brought up too bad of memories for her.

"I am merely being honest." Ao'mek insisted quite honestly. One of the Gather workers walked by so he handed them his empty whisky glass. "I would love to properly dance with you, Tovalia. Do you have a preference on what sort of dance? Or we can have several dances together if you want. I would love to steal as many dances with you as you'll allow me to." Ao'mek said with a cheeky little grin. He waited patiently then for her to finish with her wine before whisking her off to the dance floor.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:26 am

Tag: Lanni / Nizhoni
But he had a plan up his sleeve, at least he thought he did. He was nothing if not imaginative, and he took hold of her hand and brought her close in a stance. "Then we dance to our own music, at least until the harpers begin to play again." Slowly, he brought her into a slow step-sway-step that he'd learned from an auntie in the caverns growing up. She'd insisted that he learn, because one day as a proper dragonman he would need to know how to serve on a dance floor in some capacity. He watched his friend's face with a quirked brow, waiting to see what her reaction would be to the fact that he was actually able to move around the floor without missing a single step, even after the harpers begin another round of music, he was able to switch them to another set of moves without hesitation, all the while keeping perfectly silent, as if he were the gentleman he claimed to be.

Of course they knew better than that. While he was a good man, a truly good man, there were certain aspects of his personality that didn't exactly scream gentleman. He could act the part when need be, but his best trait just so happened to be the fact that he worked so damn hard he could craft diamonds between his teeth from how hard he ground them together at times. Iktomith didn't understand the expression of course, and while he tried to explain it, in the end K'rios found himself talking circles around the pewter's head. He made up some excuse about rocks and fruit in the middle and decided to leave that at that. Then he smiled down at the petite pyrite rider he was dancing with and grinned. "How am I doing acting the part of the gentleman so far?"
Lanni

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 am

Instinct had Nizhoni falling into place as K'rios nudged her into a proper dancing stance. It had been fun to tease the taller man but when it came right down to it, Niz was glad that her friend wanted to spend a few moments with her. The familiar step-sway-step pattern took no thought at all as she smiled up at the Pewter rider. "You have an answer to everything, don't you K'rios?" She asked in a hushed tone not wanting to break the spell that had been suddenly cast over them. While there was no music surrounding them, there was a beat drifting between the two riders that neither one needed ears to hear. Relaxing into K'rios' hold, Nizhoni let herself trust her friend to lead her true. They may not have many moments like this, but Nizhoni was beginning to realize that she treasured the stolen moments.

As the Harpers began their next tune, Niz felt her smaller frame step closer to the comfort that her dance partner provided. His soft words lilted between them but the petite brunette wasn't quite ready to break her stolen moment just yet. Humming a soft reply, Niz took his distraction as a sign to place her head on the broad chest before her. Thanking Faranth that the Harpers had chosen another slower song, Nizhoni was more than content to spend this dance close to the Pewter rider.
Shiftergirl

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:55 am

Wrihelm WherCandidate

Tag:Joss
Wrihelm saw the stature of the man suddenly be straight. He eyed him a little, feeling himself shift to eyes the man better. She see why suddenly he was so ready. Blinking at his comment he wondered and stuck his hand on the knot. Sighing he figured the man was seeing the knot and getting serves. Not many people liked the where of the night. Seen them as nothing more then brutes and beasts. He had different thoughts about that. Waiting for the mans comment he was taken by surprise when he asked about eggs on the sands.

"At this time there is no eggs." He felt sad at saying there was nothing yet. So few night where anymore. He had hopes they were waiting for the sport or finally petitioned for a gold at a different weyr to clutch for them. "We are waiting for a female to run. The few who do have had duds or .nothing, greens don't clutch except duds and maybe a couple eggs if they do clutch true and electrums clutch rarely."
Last edited by Shiftergirl on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis