The Dancing Square [Evanoria Gather 2045]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Tag ~ Tova
"Flatter? I merely am speaking the truth. It is a very lovely name for an even lovelier woman." Ao'mek insisted. She really was rather stunning. Yes, he was the sort to find beauty in everyone, but her sharp features he found very pleasing to the eye. She was quite a beautiful woman and he felt rather lucky that she decided to spend some time with him. "Please, you can call me Mek, Tova."

Together they meandered with drinks in hand and enjoyed the small talk. "Despite pride in my home, I might have to agree with you one that. Evanoria certainly knows how to throw a Gather. I didn't expect there to be so much of....well, everything. There are so many merchants selling amazing things and all the competitions and shows. Now the music and dancing. It's not just all the things to do and see, but the way they've decorated is spectacular." Whoever had been in charge of the decorations had quite the eye for it.

"It is quite a bit cooler here. Not that I'm going to complain about that. New Atricis can be rather hot in the summer." Ao'mek said. He didn't mind the heat. Walled Hold and New Atricis were pretty much the same temperature wise, so he hadn't had to acclimate to a hotter climate. Down here at Evanoria was cooler and made him think of how a lot of the north was as far as he heard. He'd never been North himself, but he'd like to go sometime to see what it was really like.

"What's your favorite part of a Gather? Mine has got to be the dancing and music, but this time...I don't know...I think the jousting shows took it for me this time. Did you get to see any of them? They were quite impressive. Makes me want to do some jousting again myself." Ao'mek asked.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 am

~Dress
Tag- Ao'mek
Tova could definitely appreciate how much Ao'mek seemed to genuinely enjoy everything. He seemed energetic so far, and while she couldn't tell how much of that was the Gather atmosphere and his normal personality, it brought a smile to her face. It made her feel more at ease than she might have normally been, able to forget her usual nerves and awkwardness with the energy of the Gather around and his energy as well.

Soon he asked her favorite part of the Gather, and she had to think about it a moment, though his explanation of his favorite gave her that time to consider it. His first question was followed with a second about the jousting, and soon she had to think of an answer to that one.

"Ah, no, I didn't catch any of the jousting." Honestly, the dragon jousting wasn't her favorite means of entertainment, but she wasn't going to outright say that. He seemed to enjoy it himself, and her reasons for not caring for it were... unique was a simple way of putting it.

"You've jousted before? Forgive me if I seem... clueless, but... are you a Walled Hold Rider or a New Atricis Rider? I'm not wholly familiar with the Fighters of the Weyr. I'm a Diplomat and Search rider, so it can be hard to keep track of the Fighters." She was sure there was a tendency to be somewhat familiar with fighting riders if you were a fighting rider as well, especially your own Wingmates, but Tova was one of the riders wholly outside of the fighting rider realm. Or at least, that's how it often felt for her.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:52 am

Tag ~ Tova
"Oh, I'm a Walled Hold native. Born and raised there. However, I was one of the candidates that went to New Atricis in the beginning. I impressed to Tlamehath and remained at Atricis through weyrlinghood. After graduation though we moved back to Walled and joined the Legion. Stayed there for several turns, but then decided to move back to New Atricis about a turn ago. I dabbled in jousting when I was there." He explained to her. "So for the moment I am an Atricis rider." He loved both Atricis and Walled for different reasons. It would not surprise him if he moved back to Walled at some point, but for now he was happy in Atricis.

"How about you? Are you from the north or the south? Wherever you're from, I think you are very pretty." He complimented with a smile before he took another sip of his whisky.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:02 am

*~Nizihoni of Pyrite Faradeth~*
Nizi's Outfit
K'rios/Ember
Standing in a small crowd, Nihoni took a moment to catch her breath. She had just taken a few trips around the dance floor with various partners and was glad for the small break she had been allowed. It was hard work keeping up with folks taller than herself but the petite woman was having a blast! Her colorful dress had been designed for dancing and Nizi wasn't about to let it go to waste. Stealing a mug of ale from a passing tray, Niz took a hearty swallow to soothe her parched throat. "AH!" She exclaimed to the chuckles around her, "That sure hit the spot!" She finished with a grin. A few seconds later an unlady like belch left the Pyrite rider and her cheeks flamed a pretty pink. "Excuse me! I think I downed that one too fast!" Niz chuckled at herself as a few folks around her shook their heads. Leave it to Nizhoni to break the ice in such a manner.

Before she could react to those head-shakers though, Nizi's world twisted around her with a familiar voice booming in her ears. "K'rios!" She cried out with a hint of a laugh in her tone. A full, hearty chuckle left the woman as her new partner continued to man-handler her. "Would you set me down you brute! Not even wearing pants and you treat me like one of the guys!" She added with a feigned hurt dancing on her face. Raising a hand to smack the Pewter rider, Nizi ignored the gasps around them.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:34 am

Tag: Nizhoni / Lanni
He laughed, not at all offended by the words she spoke or the look on her face. He knew his friend, knew she wasn't hurt - if she was, it would be clear to him and he would have long ago set her down on her feet. All the same though, after another spin or two, he did eventually set her down, and when he did he finally made a gentlemanly move and bowed before her in such a perfect manner one might mistake him for a proper Lord. "Pardon me, my Lady, would you care to dance with me?"

He heard Iktomith chuckle in his head and knew the pewter was amused.

"I'm in a good mood, Niz. I'm happy to see you, you look beautiful, and my card is open for a bit. I'm determined to get a few dances out of you." He looked up and wriggled his brows, whatever spell he'd cast starting to break; now he was as he always was around his best friend - the same loud, flirty man that he always was.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:46 am

Tag: Wrihelm
Someone from the Weyr. That interested Joss immediately. He straightened and smiled. "That's not a problem at all." He eyed up the creatures a moment, then noticed Wrihelm's knots. A wher candidate... while he hadn't been certain what he was going to do at the Weyr beyond guard duties once he arrived, now he had something to ask someone questions about. It wasn't a certainty, of course, but it had him curious. He'd grown up, to a certain age, with an uncle who had a wher, and the old pair were still going at their home Hold. It only made sense that he might be curious about the possibility since it was - sort of... - in his blood.

"So you're a... night wher candidate, I'm assuming. Is there a clutch on the sands at the Weyr right now?" He didn't know, wouldn't know until he received his answer, he just knew that there was eventually going to be a dragon clutch, but that was of no consequence to him beyond the fact that his sisters were going to be standing for whatever ended up on the sands.

Edit: I didn't realize this was going to double post me until AFTER I posted. I should have been paying more attention and I apologize that I wasn't!
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 am

*~Nizihoni of Pyrite Faradeth~*
Tag: K'rios
Nizi's chuckles turned into squeals as they continued to spin. Thanking the first egg that she wasn't the sort to get dizzy, Nizi left her fate in the hands of her partner-in-crime. It wasn't long though before K'rios had the young lady settled on her bare feet on the ground. Taking a breath or two to steady herself, Niz had to smile at gentleman now bowing before her. Placing a hand to her breast, Nizi tried to slow her racing heartbeat before she tried to reply. However, in true K'rios fashion, Niz wasn't given much time to respond before the Pewter rider continued talking. A fond smile lit the brunnette's face as she listened to the rest of his short speech.

"Well far be it from me to leave a gentleman with an open dance card," Nizhoni replied holding a hand out towards the now grinning male. "Hopefully you won't be treading on my tender toes unlike the last few fellows that claimed me," Nizi added pulling a face that belied her own courtly wording. With her features still holding their disgruntled form, the Pyrite rider couldn't slow the giggles now forming on her tongue. "Stop that waggling, K'rios! You know I can't keep a straight face when you do that!"
Altreis

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 am

Tag: Strimian/Open
A voice, near enough that someone was likely speaking to him. N'can's head turned, the bluerider noting that there was something familiar about the woman shaking her head at him.

"Water? Food?" he repeated dumbly, shaking his head. "I d-don't think water's a good idea," he mumbled, suddenly aware of how much he'd had to drink. Alcohol generally came in the form of liquid. With enough liquid... "I had too much water already." N'can frowned then. "I mean...I d-drank t-too much. Don't want more. Don't want food." Food was such an unappealing concept to him right then. Oh hey! "Yer the music lady!" N'can exclaimed, finally remembering the woman that had offered to dance with him at some event or other. Gather, Feast, they were one and the same to him really.

"Maybe...would you help me?" he asked, making puppy dog eyes at her. "Can't find my way. Was hoping to uh...rest with Violath. 'Cause you know...bad dancer. Don't want more toasts. Please?" Boy was he pathetic. If it got him somewhere quiet and out of the way where he could get the alcohol out of his system (and all the excess fluids with it) then it was worth it.

Tag: Isolde, Ferghas
By the grace of the Exalted Ones, how much have they both had to drink?! Kunati exclaimed silently, staring at both the young wherhandler and her friend. She could not believe what was happening, could not believe their words. It was too...bizarre. Isolde insisted the compliment was indeed aimed at her but Kunati found it impossible. She was thinking clearly enough to know that she had not been dancing well. Even if the compliments were aimed at her they were nothing more than runnerdung, empty words to win her favor.

If anything, what he said next only convinced her he'd had a few too many glasses himself. To be fair he could not know how wrong he was, how Kunati very much tended to intrude upon others-although usually not flirtatious endeavors. Though the garnetrider had no problem with butting in on others she had zero interest in getting near flirty people. The over the top compliments, the taunting, the teasing, attempts to get beyond flirting...eurgh. There was only one person she remotely had any interest to flirt with and it would be more...merciless teasing until the blood in both their veins ran too hot...

Despite the fact she was supposed to be focusing on other things, Kunati's mind began to drift to that certain someone. Even when she had been pregnant and dealing with the various kinds of discomfort (not to mention hormones) there had been a certain thrill to it, a lot of fun that she could not quite get her fill of. The clothes that made him look so lanky when really they hid firm, sculpted muscles, how he wanted her every bit as badly as she did him, needed her even...

Just as she needed him, which was why she was so heartsick as of late. Shards when had that frustrating, insufferable, disagreeable, argumentative, sweet, attentive...

The sound of Isolde's voice tugged her mind back before it drifted into dangerous territory. As it was Kunati could swear she was too warm now. No good...she needed to control herself. There was no one to pounce, or to goad into pouncing her.

Then again perhaps someone was trying, hoping to coax her into some hotter forms of pleasure. That was it wasn't it? Kunati narrowed her eyes slightly as the young man continued, going way over the top. And of course Isolde was only encouraging him, which in this case it seemed included her. Kunati was not looking for that sort of fun, not even flattering if empty words and dancing. She would rather drag Isolde back onto the dance floor and push the dayhandler into leading than...this.

Kunati grunted at his introduction. "Speaking of harpers, you rather sound like one," she stated bluntly. "Do you always shower those around you with flowery words or do you save the sappy stuff for pretty girls you want to get under the furs?" Yep, typical Kunati. She was blunt and to the point. "You can't possibly mean half of what you say, especially as Isolde is right: I am in a very sour mood. No one in their right mind wants to be around me and I cannot possibly appear beautiful or elegant or whatever you said when I can't be bothered to put any effort into what I'm doing. I-shards!" She winced at the sharp mental prod Anitath gave her. "Fine, I'll humor you, let you regret things on your-knock-it-off-Anitath!" Ooooo that good-for-nothing, overgrown firelizard!

Then behave, the garnet replied tartly.

Kunati seethed silently, scowling at the air in front of her. "Can't we just dance some more?" she complained at Isolde.
Ainokesshou

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Tag: N'can/Altreis
“It wasn’t water you had too much of,” Strimian disagreed with the bluerider, amused. “Though I guess you’re probably not exactly thirsty right now.” And apparently not hungry, though it was a bit late for food to soak up any of the alcohol in his system. If he was going to lose his stomach contents soon, then he would probably be glad of his liquid meal anyway.

Oh, the music lady? “I’m a harper, yes,” she said, then sighed, “and I will help you.” Not that she was sure how. She had never actually met Violath, and wasn’t sure which of the many blues of the Weyr he actually was. Even if she had known, she wouldn’t have had any way to be sure where the blue was resting.

She cautiously took his arm, hoping that she could provide a little bit of balance for him, since he seemed drunk enough to just tip over. “Do you remember where Violath is waiting for you?” she asked. If not, then she could probably take N’can to the nearest open space for the blue to land….no. He was probably too drunk to fly, even if his dragon had the good sense not to go between with him in this condition.

She could at least take him away from the press of people. Especially since he had apparently felt enough social pressure to drink beyond his limits, if he even knew what his limits were. Well, if he hadn’t known before, he should certainly know now.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 pm

~Dress
Tag- Ao'mek
That explained it, she thought. He was one of those candidates sent to New Atricis early on. She had heard about that, a few of the children in the orphanage had gotten Searched around that time. For not the first time, she wondered if any of them had made it to Atricis and Impressed. It was unlikely she would know, she thought a bit bitterly, since many of the other children didn't pay much attention to Tova and the other children she had been brought into the orphanage with.

Ao'mek's explanation of Impressing at New Atricis, then moving back to Walled, then moving back to Atricis was interesting. It sounded like a lot of work, moving back and forth. But then again, moving around a lot had been part of her childhood, so perhaps he just didn't have a lot of personal items that made moving hard. She nodded as he explained to show she was listening, but when the question was brought onto her she had to think for a moment. It was always weird trying to figure out how to explain where she came from, and she didn't much like announcing to people she was the children of rogues, given how the orphanage children and Walled's Mother had treated her for it.

"I'm from the North originally myself. But some time after New Atricis Weyr was established I ended up in Walled Hold for about a turn. I was sent as a candidate from there, so a lot of people think I'm a Southerner." Hopefully that would satiate his curiosity, but if he asked further questions she had an idea of how to respond to him without giving him the less savory details. "Not that I mind terribly. New Atricis is becoming so mixed between Northern and Southern that I think eventually people in the Weyr won't care at all," she chuckled.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character Tracker & Plotter | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..