The Dancing Square [Evanoria Gather 2045]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Tag ~ Tovalia
"I think I saw you among the dancers earlier? My name is Tova, actually, Tovalia of Green Dracaenath."

Ao'mek's expressive face lit up. "I was just thinking the same about you! We must have run across each other on the dance floor. Goddess, I'm sorry I don't remember you better, but there was quite the group of us having fun, wasn't there?" He said with excitement and obvious regret for not remembering her better. "Tovalia, that is literally one of the most beautiful names I've heard in awhile. It is an absolute pleasure to meet you. My name is Ao'mek, rider of Blue Tlamehath." He introduced himself and gave her a little, polite bow.

It didn't take long for them to be next in line to order drinks. "Please, get whatever you'd like. Skies the limit." Ao'mek told her and waited to let her order first before he placed an order for an ale. He was more than thrilled when he was handed a glass with cold ale. The first sip was so refreshing he couldn't resist smacking his lips in appreciation. "That's a good ale."

"Have you been enjoying this Gather? The weather has been rather wonderful, I think." Ao'mek asked her as they moved away from the drink stand.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:18 am

Tag: Wrihelm
For the time being, Joss had no interest in dancing. There was reason to celebrate he supposed, which was one of the reasons he was standing so close to the dancing square and the music in general. But he couldn't bring himself to move far from his little watch post on the edges of where everyone else was enjoying a spin around the grounds to the sound of the harpers playing. His sisters, both of them, would be going to the Weyr as Dragon Candidates, and he would be following, for Faranth knew what reason other than to keep an eye on them as he was on.

Sada he knew could handle herself. She was tall and despite being vain, she could hold her own. Nora on the other hand was the softer of the bunch, and he worried about her. If she didn't Impress, it would hurt her, he knew it would, even though she had insisted she would continue to stand until she bonded.

He sipped from his wine and felt a tug on his tunic, looked up at Fool landed on his shoulder. "Oh, I'm worrying again, am I?" The brown chirped in agreement and tried to dip a paw in the cup that his human held. Joss clicked his tongue and pulled it away before glancing back at the square. He wasn't sure what he was going to do when he arrived at the Weyr, but he knew that he was going to do some kind of guard work, maybe look into whers. His uncle, back at the Hold, had one of his own.

It was a thought at least, one that was still lingering on his mind as the music changed and his sisters decided they would dance with one another next. He grinned, deciding that even with his feelings, he couldn't break up their happiness. He'd never seen Nora smile as brightly as he had the moment she was told she'd been Searched. How could he deny her something like that?

And it wouldn't be his first time at New Atricis, it would be nice to return. He trusted the people of the Weyr. It was just... he was protective of his sisters. This was a whole new world for them after they'd grown up in a world of the caravan, going from place to place. He knew different, they did not. Sada was certain to soak everything up but Nora, again... He bit down on his cheek to keep from doing or saying something he might regret. They would be fine. They would be fine.

After his wine was finished, he grabbed a mug of klah and something to to feed Fool and sat down, deciding it might help him relax if he focused on something else entirely. It might not work but anything was worth trying at this point. The golden brown certainly appreciated it, and the man soon found his eyes on something other than his sister for the first time since the news broke.
Last edited by Ember on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Shiftergirl

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 am

Wrihelm WherCandidate

Tag:Joss
Wrihelm stood by the edge of the dancing field. He had come to the gather like most to be with the weyr in the most of the new emotions and information about the weyrwoman. Part of the reason he was still here was the drink. He had started to grow fond of the burn, with the death of his faithful pet and now his length of time watching everyone grow with bondmates and bedmates, well he was jelouse. His eyes searched the group, looking for both man and woman for his desire, however a soft hum got his attention and he forgot all about everything and cooed to his firelizard. Foilage had started to stick to him more. When he strayed to far her sharp chirp or claws would give him a reminder and he would be focused on her. Trapper swooped past and gave a sharp chirp of his own. For a rather independent creature he had also felt loss and was more incline to be near Wrihelm them before.

Taking his eyes and thoughts from terrible thoughts he swooped in towards the table of food and quickly gathered rare meat that had been placed off to the side and started to feed his lovelies.

"What would I do if I didn't have you two to spoil all the time." Foilage sent him images of laying around and he chuckled. "I know. Its it nice to be out though."

As they neared some tables he didn't pay attention to where he was going to sit as he pulled a chair and swing to sit with the back of the chair at his front. Trapper landed before him and Foilage slithered to the table to snack on the raw meats as well. It wasn't until he looked up he realized he had joined another gentleman at a table. And they were both alone.

"Pardon me." He wasn't sure if he should get up and leave or stay. The man seemed to be staring awful hard, but then Wrihelm thought it could be a good idea to see what. This man was doing.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Altreis

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 am

Tag: Open (though this buzzed boy so doesn't want company right now, haha)
N'can groaned and shook his head as if to clear it. Of course all the movement did was make him dizzy. What did he expect? His problem was not so easily solved. Maybe if he was thinking a little more clearly...

Except he wasn't; a fact the bluerider was well aware of. Why had he agreed to come to the Gather again? Something to do with duty or courtesy? Maybe? Wow...he couldn't even remember that much?! Yep, this was bad. Then again how well could he think when a part of him was panicking? He needed to find somewhere relatively quiet, private, and out of the way ASAP. Away from other people. If he could just get a few candlemarks to rest and to not have to oblige anymore toasts for whatever reason or other...

Uh...where was he now? N'can blinked, looking around and trying to get his bearings. The music he heard was too loud; this couldn't be the quiet corner he so desperately sought. How was he to dry out from the toasts he'd downed if he wandered right into more?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 am

Tag: Wrihelm
Someone else soon joined him, someone he obviously didn't recognize, given the look on his face. An initial reaction was to ask the stranger to leave, since he'd been lost in thought and suddenly pulled out of them. But he was quick to remind himself that he was in a public place, and not only that, some company might not be such a bad thing. It would keep him from spying on his sisters, and it would give him the chance to - maybe? - learn a little more about the Weyr that would soon be his home.

Because if he wasn't mistaken, the other man sat at the table with him was wearing the knots of New Atricis Weyr.

Bowing his head in greeting, and as a polite way to brush off the apology, Joss smiled in Wrihelm's direction and sat a little straighter. Now that he had a companion, he didn't want to seem rude by leaning back in his chair, no matter how comfortable a position it had been. Fool, noticing possible friends, chirped a greeting in Foilage and Trapper's directions, his meal forgotten for a moment in favor of introducing himself to these strange new "friends".

There was one other thing he noticed about the man, if his knots were any indication. He tilted his head towards them, the corner of his mouth cracked slightly in a smile. "Candidate? Ah, my sisters are going to be standing for New Atricis' dragons as of today. I'll be going to the Weyr to keep an eye on them. Not sure what I'll do once I arrive, but I'm sure guards are always needed."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Ainokesshou

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:02 am

Tag: N'can/Altreis
N’can wasn’t where Strimian thought she had seen him, and she spent a few minutes looking before giving up and going back to finish her set. It was a little disappointing, but she would manage. She never had persuaded him to dance with her, but she was hoping that she could at least flirt at him a little bit and watch him blush and turn awkward.

During her second set, she thought she saw him again, and went looking when she was finally done for the day. The new group was playing lively dance music after her own had focused on some quieter entertainment, but she wanted a drink and some food before she joined the dancers. A little teasing of a shy bluerider wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.

But she started to reconsider when she saw him. He looked miserable and confused and…

She sighed, shaking her head as she looked at him. “Let me get you some water,” she said, ruefully. She had, admittedly, been a little tipsy the last time she tried to get him dancing, but he had definitely taken it farther. “Did you at least eat before you started drinking,” she asked, wincing. N’can certainly wouldn’t be dancing with her this time, either, unless she wanted him to throw up on her.

She might previously have thought he could do with loosening up, but there was such a thing as too loose.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:52 am

• Tag ~ Kunati, Ferghas

Her friend certainly hadn't made it easy on her throughout the day, but Isolde was nothing if not stubborn and endured through the rolling eyes, the exasperated sighs, the snappish remarks and tried to keep a smile on her face for her friend instead. When Kunati had finally picked out a 'lizard egg at the stalls, there was the slightest glimmer of hope when Anitath apologized for the curtness, and the redrider seemed to lighten up a little, but it was gone again by the time they reached the dancing square. Grimace or not, Isolde dragged her partner out onto the floor and had hoped that putting Kunati in charge of the steps would at least get her mind off being so grouchy, but even that didn't seem to help much.

As the song ended, the redrider was quick to dismiss them from the floor, and the grayhandler could only go along with it, the softest sigh escaping her. She was trying, so hard she was trying to do right by her friend, one of her only friends, but Kunati was being so difficult that it almost didn't seem worth the effort. Perhaps she should just give up, let the redrider go home to Atricis and sulk in her own misery instead, it would be so much easier to do it that way. She was just beginning to contemplate letting her friend off the hook, when someone cleared their throat nearby, obviously trying to garner their attention.

Isolde turned, chocolate eyes regarding the man, perhaps a hint of irritation behind them but it was quickly gone as he spoke up, complimenting them and offering them a drink. Hmmm...Maybe she could get Kunati's mind off a certain someone by using another in his stead. However, it seemed the redrider was completely oblivious of the man's invitation and Isolde couldn't help the slight smirk that curled her lips.

"He's talking about you dear." She started, a glance to the friend at her side before looking back to the wherhandler by the knots he bore. "I believe this gentleman was trying to compliment you, and offer us a glass of wine." The grayhandler continued, smiling softly at the man as she took the barest step forward, dipping her head politely before taking the proffered glass for herself and turning to Kunati and wondering if her friend would do the same. She hadn't seemed too interested in drinking much tonight, but perhaps it might even do her some good to loosen up a little.

"You'll have to forgive my friend, she seemed to have found herself in a sour mood tonight, not really one for the festivities. Perhaps with your help, we might be able to get her to smile for once tonight." The southerner added, her smile curling into something a little more devious perhaps as she already began to take the man's side and stepped up to be a little more in between the two of them, so she could eye them both. "My friend here is Kunati, and my name is Isolde. It's a pleasure to meet you...." She finished, her voice trailing off so the man could supply his own name now as well.

(Others coming when I can...)
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Tag ~ Kunati & Isolde
"Am I intruding upon something?"

The charming, albeit wolfish, grin on Ferghas's face spread a little wide to one side at the obliviousness of the lovely lady. "I'd endeavor to say that you never intrude upon anyone. It simply isn't believable of someone as beautiful as you are." Yes, he was laying it on thick, but why not. It was a Feast, they were here to have fun and if they really didn't like it then they didn't have to stick around. However, there were some women that loved the blatant flirting or found it amusing. He could only hope that these ladies fell into the latter category.

"You'll have to forgive my friend, she seemed to have found herself in a sour mood tonight, not really one for the festivities. Perhaps with your help, we might be able to get her to smile for once tonight."

A look of sorrow and hurt crossed his features. "That is the most tragic thing I have heard. Such a lovely lady should only ever be happy." He stated with sincerity. Twinkling eyes looked at the lady in blue and grinned. "I am humbled that you would even consider me for such an honorable task. I will do my best to help you put a smile on that pretty face. Consider me a personal servant for the night. I will be at both of yours beck and call and will do anything that will make you happy." A coquettish wink he gave to Isolde.

"My friend here is Kunati, and my name is Isolde. It's a pleasure to meet you...."

He gave them a proper bow. "The Master Harpers of past couldn't have made two more beautiful names. The pleasure is all mine, Isolde and Kunati. You may call me Ferghas."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shiftergirl

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Wrihelm WherCandidate

Tag:Joss
Wrihelm stopped his steps as he saw Foliage suddenly become interested in another. He wasn't sure if he should leave. The meat forgotten he saw the posture of the gentleman change, but only a little. Curious as to why, he looked him over. When his knots were pointed out he chuckled. Sliding his finger over them he sat slightly straighter and gave a little smile.

"Well then they have their work cut out for them. Dragons are rather large creatures, depending on what they impress." He said chuckling. "Gaurds are needed greatly at this time. I'm with the Wher Candidates. "

Foilage chirped at the lizard, she was confused for a moment on the color of the male, but she knew it was male. Her wings fluttered and Trapper pounced on her. Hissing she snapped at him and he chirped back, tilting his head as if laughing at her. They seemed to chirp and tweet for a moment, as if arguing with each other before Foilage stuck her nose up and sat giving rapper her back. Wrihelm couldn't help but laugh.

"You'll have to excuse these two. They are silly sometimes." Trapper seemed to pout and stuck his nose in Wrihelm hand. Giving him a loving scratch, he looked up to see what he was thinking, possibly.

((Sorry so late, figuring on how the talk should go. Lol))
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:43 pm

~Dress
Tag- Ao'mek
She had to admit to herself, he seemed quite friendly, and that excited expression on him looked good too. He had fine features, in fact, ones she would think of as "softer" in a way, without looking feminine either. Not that what his face looked like really mattered that much, she reminded herself, realizing how rude it was to be scrutinizing his looks when, really, they barely knew each other.

Tova couldn't help but snerk in amusement at his words though, waving him off. "You don't have to flatter me so," she responded to his comment about her name. "Ao'mek, you can just call me Tova, it's a bit easier on the tongue," she finished with a smile before it was time to order a drink. He offered her anything she wanted now, and there was a moment of mild, internal panic over what to get. She suddenly wasn't sure, she hadn't been thinking about what to get and she didn't want to hold him and everyone else up. So, quickly, she made a decision.

"A glass of rose wine please," she went with after seeing one of the bottles, pointing at the one she wanted. It didn't look too expensive, and she admittedly liked the blush color of the wine too, which felt like a good enough reason to select it.

As they moved out of the way of the drink stand, she sipped at her drink, glancing at him as he spoke again.

"Oh, yes, it's been a fine Gather so far. Perhaps even better than a lot of the Walled Festivals," she said with a chuckle. Honestly, she did think so, with all the work and thought clearly put into this so far. There was so much to see and do. Then again, perhaps she was a little biased.

"It's a bit cooler down here than at New Atricis though. I guess because we're so far down south." Up North, "south" always seemed to be synonymous with "cold," but here in the South, going too far meant you got cold again.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image