Dragonkin Races [Evanoria Gather 2045]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
LdyPayne

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Tag Saibra/Ember

Inggharudube raised an eyebrow when Saibra indicated if she was her Wher she would be bowing to Inggharusk. He knew his bronze was an impressive Wher and definitely one who preferred to be in charge but he didn't think Inggharusk would know what to do if other Whers started bowing to him. Then again the brute may take a liking to it and expect all Whers to bow and their Handlers too.

"They do make a formidable pair, cunning and strength working together wins out in the end. To deal with our Feline foes will require both, that much I am certain." Inggharudube itched to pit himself and his wher against the ferocious felines but he also knew cunning and strategy will be needed as it seemed this group of Felines were large and organized.

He could advice Saibra to stop wasting energy worrying about what could happen and just be prepared for the potential of running into the felines everytime they went out on Patrol. He always tried to be alert, ready for any threat, feline or otherwise and not just when he was in the Jungle. Even now he was very aware of his surroundings, of the other groups of people moving about, checking out the Whers signing up for the racing, talking about odds of which would win. Unfortunately he knew being aware of what was obvious to anybody with eyes and ears could easily hide the hidden threats. The felines were clever enough not to move about in the open, worked together as a team to attack the weaker animals in a group of Whers and clearly had a way to coordinate their movements.

"It'll never come to that," Inggharudube responded. If the Wherhandlers failed so badly these Felines ended up being a threat to dragons then he would prefer to be already dead. Besides, dragons weren't easy to defeat given they had wings and could breath fire. A coordinated force of dragons could easily burn out the Feline's den but the trick is finding where the band together as a force. "Once we find the core of the Feline's territory we can wipe it out. It may mean coordinating with the Daywher Handlers and dragonriders but we'll eliminate the threat. In the end these felines will be driven to extinction or so far away from our home it'll be many generations before they dare come back."
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Tag: Inggharudube
Too much worry. Inggharusk's right. Sarsk told her, picking up on her thoughts from where he was waiting for the races to begin. She realized then what was going on and she pinched the bridge of her nose in response; some of her old habits, the ones she thought she'd buried, were starting to surface. There was a certain shame in it for her, in knowing she was still susceptible to them. Still Saibra. Still try. No shame in that. Try harder, no give up.

She nodded, her wher and Inggharudube both correct. The situation with the felines would never come to that point, and with what her wher was saying, she needed to stop worrying so much. If she put those worrying energies to something else, she would come to other solutions that would, perhaps, show her other paths that might be considered helpful. "This might sound foolish," she crossed her arms over her chest. "But a little part of me tried to slip out. I thought I had escaped her a long time ago, but she still tries to get out it would seem. She's a past I thought I had buried, that should have been buried at least, but I didn't do a good enough job of it."

She shrugged and grasped her hips instead. "But you're right. We'll burn those bastards to the ground, ensure they never come back." She looked up at him, mouth curved a little, feeling much calmer than she had when they'd started their conversation. "Whether you intended this moment to be or not, you've been a bit of a wake up for me. I've needed to see this for what it was. Thank you."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
LdyPayne

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Unaware of what was being said between Handler and Wher, Inggharudube watched Saibra curiously. Clearly her worries about the felines had been intensifying of late to such a point she was quite distracted. At least she was listening to what he was saying, that her worries the Feline will truly threaten the dragonriders and their home were wasted. What she told him next however had Inggharudube looking at her with a frown.

"You hide a part of yourself?" Inggharudube commented. "That's a ridiculous thing to do. I don't know what this 'part of you' that tried to slip out or the reasons you don't want to embrace it and use it to your advantage instead of hiding it away like something to be ashamed of."

Her thanks for reminding her of the part she was trying to bury had been slipping out fell on empty ears. Inggharudube saw nothing about what she did to hide her fears or worries or what it was about her personality or past she didn't want to remember as beneficial or wise. He trained many slaves and he knew those who buried all hope of freedom made the worse slaves. Those who hung onto hope and used that to fuel their will to push through all their masters would pit against them during their time as slaves worked the hardest or fought the hardest for their spirit was still there, driving them on. The only men who's spirits he broke were the criminals and escaped slaves he hunted now. He saw no reason in keeping the fighting fire within them when their fate was typically a hangman's noose. Seeing a fellow bronzerider trying to bury a part of herself was not something he would ignore.

"You cannot escape from yourself Saibra, best to master whatever you fear of your past and grow stronger because of it, otherwise you are only dooming yourself in the long run."
Ember

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 am

Tag: Inggharudube / LdyPayne
She contemplated telling him about High Reaches, why it worried her, why it still ate at her despite her thoughts that she'd moved on from it. But he was right. If she continued to fear it, it would only doom her. She needed to learn how to embrace it and not run, not hide. She opened her mouth, to say that she felt ashamed for feeling such things now, but she snapped her lips together the moment she felt her thoughts formulating the words. She couldn't say such things after she'd received such true and sound advice. This was something she had to take to heart, especially in times like these. The Weyr needed her - her fellow handlers needed her. More than anything Sarsk deserved all of her. If she continued to harbor her feelings and fears, what would that do to her wher?

There was no doubt in her mind that she could do this. She'd already made it so far, this was just a new place in her life, a few more steps to add to things. The corner of her mouth curled. "You're good with a sword, right? I could use a little help sharpening my own skills. When the time is convenient for you, do you think you could give me a few pointers?" She was prepared for him to say no, since the question was coming out of no where, though she was prepared to offer an explanation if he asked. "I'm decent enough with a short blade, even better with things like stilettos. I want to work my way up to something longer though."

She needed to be embrace her past, grow from it, master it?

She was going to.

Starting now.

ooc: Wanted to say thank you. Inggharudube's "embrace it and use it" comment gave me an idea for her. <3

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
LdyPayne

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Inggharudube watched Saibra as she came close to telling him something but thought better of it. What she had been about to say he had no way to know for sure but he expected it was either the reason she tried to lock away a part of herself or perhaps to tell him to mind his own business. There were many other possibilities so he'll never know for sure but at this moment he didn't need to know or even want to know. What he was pleased to see is his advice sunk in and she saw the wisdom in his harsh words.

When she did speak he gave a chuckle. It wasn't what he had expected her next words to be but it was a far better way to go than wasting energy trying to lock away a part of herself. "I've been known to be good with a sword," Inggharudube confirmed. "I'll be happy to show you a few pointers. I work out every day in the late afternoon, you'll find me in the practice yard at that time tomorrow if you're ready to start then. I'll bring a couple practice blades and you can show me what you know then I can show you how to handle a broadsword."

OOC: I'm glad it was helpful :) I like your new signature banner :)
Ember

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Tag: Inggharudube / LdyPayne
It sounded like a fine idea to Saibra, and she smiled. She felt approval coming from Sarsk, who was ready to go as far as the races were concerned. It wasn't a leap, but it was a large step, and she was on her way to conquering the past in a way she hadn't attempted before thanks to her fellow handlers words. "I shall be there in the morning, ready for our first practice." Feeling a new air of confidence, she lifted herself just a bit higher in shoulder and chin and grinned across at her wher as he pawed at the dirt, some of how she felt transferring over to him. "Now, I do believe our boys are about ready to race."

ooc: Thank you! :D

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Isilsk

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Dragonkin Races
~Muse Music~

For those dragonkin that would like to prove that they are faster than the others please turn your attention here. Dragons, whers, and day whers are all welcome to compete in the races. For the dragons there is a straight path in the sky for them to follow and on the ground markers have been laid for the whers and day whers.

Round One Winner
Green Shireth

Round Two Winner
Bronze Sarsk

Round Three Winner
Copper Atumnra

Prizes
Given out each round
1st: 100 Marks
2nd: 50 Marks
3rd: 25 Marks