Dragonkin Races [Evanoria Gather 2045]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Isilsk

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Dragonkin Races
~Muse Music~

For those dragonkin that would like to prove that they are faster than the others please turn your attention here. Dragons, whers, and day whers are all welcome to compete in the races. For the dragons there is a straight path in the sky for them to follow and on the ground markers have been laid for the whers and day whers.

Rules
Follow the markers
Don't start before the beginning shot
No cheating

Round One
Dragons

Round Two
Whers

Round Three
Day Whers

Prizes
Given out each round
1st: 100 Marks
2nd: 50 Marks
3rd: 25 Marks

OOC Note: Please sign up via role play. Please be sure to list any talents and abilities your character may have that pertains to fastness. Participants will be put into a list to be randomized. The top three will be the winners.
LdyPayne

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:22 am

The moment Shireth spotted the racing track set up for dragons and other dragonkin she insisted on signing up. I'ent wasn't sure if the race was just for dragons to fly or if he would be riding Shireth for the contest. Either way it did look like a fun challenge and as far as he could tell the entrance fee was non existent but the prize money would be most welcome.

<I want to race, think what an adventure it would be! I am fast and last longer than many greens many Turns my senior. I can win this race! Shireth bugled a challenge that had I'ent immediately worry she may be thinking of another sort of race. He didn't think she was close to rising but he didn't even notice it the first time why would he spot it the next time.

Are you sure you really want to race? It probably includes all dragons so you'll be going against not just other greens but blues, opals, pyrites, all of them. I'ent pointed out. At least he assumed it was all dragons per race and not broken down by colour.

<Pah, the adventure isn't in just the winning, besides those larger dragons are slow anyway but an opal may be challenging for awhile but they tire so quickly. Just let me race, you get to do whatever you want here afterall and this is the only thing that caught my eye I really want to do.>

I'ent couldn't say no to Shireth after that. He walked over to the sign up booth and added her name for the dragon race.

OOC: Shireth has 'Swift Wing' as an ability.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:57 am

The moment he heard the word "gather" and "night", Sarsk all but demanded they attend the Evanoria event together. It would be a rare treat for them, made all the more so given his difficulty seeing during the day, and who was Saibra to deny her wher anything that he asked of her? But when it came to races, she tried to pull out the stops on that one.

I'm not sure. You're not very fast, sweets.

Sarsk race. He stomped a foot, having learned that move from her when she was frustrated, and she knew what it would lead to if she didn't give in - bloody creatures were smarter than people gave them credit for, really.

She signed him up and only then was he appeased, only then did he calm with a croon.

Saibra personally didn't think the race would go down very well, for the reasons she'd told the bronze. He was strong and stealthy with good hearing which made him a good hunter, but a speedster he was not. But she would let him race, and she would cheer him on. While they waited, she gave his hide a once over, pepped him up by telling him what a strong, handsome boy he was, and smiled as he crooned and preened for a pretty green that would be racing as well, though she didn't have the heart to tell him that pretty green stood a better chance of winning than he did.
Ainokesshou

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Atumra had been ridiculously excited at the idea of participating in the races. She could hardly fault him, after all, Natara had eagerly entered the weapons tournaments herself. His enthusiasm was contagious, and he wanted to watch even the races for the dragons and nightwhers, though Natara didn’t think she would be able to fit that around her own entries.

Unless she lost early in either one.

Regardless, she would have to make the time to watch his run, and cheer him on. Or make fun of his mistakes. Probably both. She had no doubt that he would do the same to her.

I will do fine, he informed her, archly. You, on the other hand, will probably get lost trying to get to your bouts.

She rolled her eyes, adding his name to the list for day whers. She wasn’t that bad.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
LdyPayne

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 pm

tag Ember
As he was going to be enjoying the Gather Inggharudube brought his bronze to Evanoria simply because he didn't want to be so far away from the bronze. For all his gruffness Inggharudube truly cared about his Wher, saw him as his truest companion and to leave him behind in Atricis would be much the same as leaving his left hand behind. Why cripple himself in such a way when it was easy enough to travel to Evanoria a few nights ahead of time to make sure both Handler and Wher would be there.

Initially Inggharudube intended to leave Inggharusk near the Hold in a sheltered cave but when he realized there were Wher races and other activities even dragonkin could enjoy at this Gather he didn't hesitate to include his companion in the festivities.

>I race for sure, may not be fast as greens and blues and other small ones but will last long. Not as fun as race for mating but fun to win,> was Inggharusk's response when he asked his bronze what he thought about participating. Chuckling the dark skinned Bronzehandler signed his Wher up for the night Wher race and wondered who else will be competing.

It wasn't difficult to spot his fellow Bronzehander nearby so he headed over to greet the woman.

"Entered Sarsk into the Wher race did you?" Inggharudube inquired. After the recent reshuffling of the Guard teams they were both in Topaz Trident, the only Bronzehandlers in the team. There hadn't been much opportunity for them to just socialize so he felt why not do so now? "I've entered Inggharusk just now, if only larger Whers participate perhaps they may even win, the track doesn't look long enough to truly wear out the smaller whers."
Ember

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:17 am

Tag: Inggharudube
Saibra grinned as her fellow Bronzehandler approached. She had a feeling he had entered his own wher and her notion was made correct when he spoke. She glanced toward the track and nodded, hands on her hips as she contemplated something. If Inggharusk was participating, then any chance that Sarsk had might be very well gone. The other bronze had age and experience on his side, two things that her companion clearly lacked.

Which meant one thing.

She was throwing her all into this thing.

"Sarsk insisted. He's not very fast, but he has it in his head that he'll win, and I couldn't say no to him on the matter." She tapped her fingers against her hips as she glanced up at him. "Inggharusk will have his work cut out for him in the company of someone so young and certain of themselves."
LdyPayne

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Tag Ember/ Saibra

"A positive attitude is always an edge, unfortunately Inggharusk is also determined to win so this will certainly be an interesting race." He was aware Sarsk was young and not as large overall as Inggharusk but this was a race not a mating run and he honestly had no idea just how much effort his bronze would put in one compared to the other. "He isn't all that old either when you think about it, very much still in his prime. It may very well be Sarsk who'll have his work cut out for him in this contest."

Inggharudube was confident his Wher would win but he also knew both bronzes were equally likely to lose the race should any of the smaller and swifter colours join the race. So far he hasn't noticed any sign up but there was still plenty of time for the race to start and many could have signed up earlier in the day.

"Do you have any idea of who else has entered the race, whether from Atricis or elsewhere?" Inggharudube didn't know if Evanoria Weyrhold had their own group of Whers, he hadn't inquired about that before coming. None came out to challenge them however so he suspected either they didn't have any or they kept them well aware of the influx of strangers expected for the Gather.
Ember

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:23 am

She hooked her thumbs on her belt and looked around. "I've seen some whers from Evanoria in the area. I think I heard their handlers talking about participating. I can't be for certain though." She spotted them and nodded in their direction, telling Inggharudube who they were. "A couple of blues, some browns, and a green. I want to say they won't be competition, but all whers are competition in a situation like this." Even so, she lifted her shoulders, her faith in Sarsk still strong.

"But you know, a part of me isn't sure if I'm glad about this race or not, or the "fun" that's supposed to be involved with it." Her face became pinched for a moment, her arms crossed over her chest. "We still have the issue of the felines to deal with back home, and it feels like we should be working rather than playing. Sarsk is enjoying himself, and I should be happy about that, I suppose. But when there's problems at home still..." She shrugged and shook her head. "I should just stop thinking on it so much, shouldn't I?"
LdyPayne

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Tag Saibra

Inggharudube looked where Saibra was pointing and spotted the Whers and agreed they didn't look like much competition. However blues and a green could be quite fast and this wasn't a long distance race. The obstacles may boost the challenge and hamper the smaller Whers but only time will tell. However he was confident Inggharusk will give all the other Whers a good workout even if he didn't win in the end.

"We'll soon find out either way," Inggharudube responded. "If any turn aggressive however Inggharusk will tear them apart. It's one thing to get along with other Whers back at the Weyr but he won't take aggression very well. He's going to see himself as the most dominate of the lot of them even if he understands it's a race and not a fight for who's boss. Sarsk he knows and both worked together well enough so far I doubt either of us have to worry about them showing anything more than harmless competition. In fact if the Evanorian Whers act in such a way it wouldn't surprise me if Sarsk and Inggharusk don't pair up and send the local Whers scurrying for the safety of their dens."

Inggharudube nodded slowly when Saibra admitted she was not completely comfortable about the idea of enjoying a Gather while the felines still threatened their home. He personally felt the same and wouldn't have bothered coming to the Gather if he didn't need to take care of a few things himself and the journey here didn't give him and Inggharusk some time to be just the two of them. However if he had the option he would have gladly rounded up all the interested Wherhandlers, and resumed the hunt for the Feline pride.

"The race will give our Whers time to burn off some frustrations. We've yet to make a serious dent in the threat those particular Felines represent to all of us. After the Gather however I fully intend to take another team to find out as much as we can about those Felines and hopefully then we will have what we need to track them to their lair and eliminate their threat completely. I don't care if we have to get a dragon or two to burn half the jungle, those Felines are too much a danger if they are willing to actually attack Wher patrols as frequently as they had so far."

"Nothing wrong with thinking about it, but while we're here, not much we can do about it." Inggharudube added. "Besides, now is a good time to pick up new weapons, maybe work with the local Wher packs and see if they too have been having issues with these felines. In the end we may have to join forces to fight these felines."
Ember

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 am

To hear the man speak of her wher in such a manner made her smirk, and she nodded, finding herself hoping for a situation like that to take place just to see the two bronzes to work together in such a manner. Was it wrong of her to want to see her mindmate push his aggressiveness to the forefront just a pinch more than usual? It was something she considered from time to time, and she figured it wasn't necessarily that she wanted him to be aggressive, only that she enjoyed seeing him when he was at his very best - calculated and utterly tenacious.

"It would serve them right if they attempted to take on an Atrician wher first hand. Especially our two. Yours alone is formidable on his own. Where I in Sarsk's position, I would be bowing." It was not something she admitted to lightly, but she was not going to lie. Both man and beast where impressive, even Sarsk in the past had spoken in kind of Inggharusk. The fact that the two worked well together certainly helped. "With Sarsk's calculalted way of thinking..." She lifted her chin towards the Evanoria whers. "They'll learn fast, one way or another."

She sounded so sure of herself, and even if she was proven wrong, she would just shrug it off and move on. She had too much in her put on weak appearances anymore. So what if most of the bravery she wore was false bravado seventy percent of the time - more often than not, it served her right and she was learning to hold on to the success and let them strengthen her. And the failures? Those went towards teaching her, and she allowed those to give her starch as well.

Which meant not feeling weak when Inggharudube spoke of patrols and weapons, when he spoke of joining forces with the Evanoria packs. Old Saibra would have shrunk back after speaking of them in such a manner and then hearing that. New Saibra would do no such thing. "The sooner they're flushed out and rid of, the better. I like felines, of the domestic variety, but I'm getting tired of worrying what might become of Sarsk every time we step outside of the Weyr with another pair."

She shrugged, "We'll continue to do what we need to do of course. However long we need to do to, so long as Darilex orders it. and I'm going to do my part. I may not be as big and strong as some of the others, but I have a bronze, and I have the determination to do my part. If we don't continue, for all we know, dragons will be next, then what will they say about us for "failing" to do our duties in tending to the problem in the first place?"