A Feast for Peace - Pearl Feast

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Ainokesshou

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:57 am

Tag: Yanna/Zee, Aoivas/Marvealle
Elannel stared down at his little sister. This was really Yanna? That shouldn’t be possible….

“Did...did you get adopted?” he asked her, stunned. “I thought the orphanage would tell me if that happened.” He hugged her, hard, then stepped back to look her over carefully. She looked healthy, and clean, and the dress she was wearing was nicer than his own clothes. Of course, that wasn’t a high threshold to cross. Then he really thought about her getting adopted. Her new family probably wouldn’t be too happy about her spending too much time with him. His shoulders drooped a bit. Whoever they were could probably give her a much better future than he could, and she might have the chance to pursue a really prestigious craft.

He looked around for some adult who would be coming soon to drag Yanna away. Hopefully, they would be understanding about this, he didn’t want her getting in any trouble with her new parents. And he REALLY didn’t want to get accused of anything horrible for hugging his own little sister. But, if she was adopted, she was safe from slavery now.

Then he thought about what she was saying. “Who is Aoivas?” he asked, confused, before looking at the pearl and realizing. He was interrupting Yanna’s conversation, though he was pretty sure from her reaction that she wasn’t upset about that. He was more worried about being rude to Aoivas than anything else.

He turned to the pearl that she had been talking to. “I’m sorry, I hadn’t seen my sister in turns, and I didn’t know she would be here,” he said, with a slight bow.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:15 am

White Aoivas
Tag - Yanna, Elannel
Aoivas felt very excited when this little Pernese Yanna got excited at the prospect of eggs and asked her so many questions. However, their conversation was interrupted by another Pernese, one that sort of looked like her, but unlike her as well. Aoivas didn't realize their similarities pointed to relation though, as many Pearls could look the same but not be related. They knew though, and so Aoivas sat back and curiously watched the interaction between the two alike but unalike Pernese.

"Aoivas...look! Its my brother!"

At this, Aoivas tilted her head sideways while stretching her neck upward as if to get a better look at this "brother" of Yanna's. Soon, he too addressed her, seeming to apologize for their reactions to one another. Aoivas was far from offended though, if anything, her curiosity piqued. She lowered her head, bringing it down so that her snout was chest level with Elannel, looking at him with her swirling eyes.

"Turns? That sounds like a long time by your tone." She started with after a moment of focus to tune in to being able to speak to him directly like she had been doing with Yanna. "You two are... you are a glint for each other like my glint is my family for me?" It might not have entirely made sense, but to Aoivas it did as she gave a sort of whining croon.

"That is very sad, that you have been without your glint. I wouldn't know what I would do without my glint." Then she perked up, her head lifting back up quickly, making a happy chirping sort of sound. "But you are together now! You are with your glint again right? This is happy then!"
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Lanni

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 am

.:: Day-Wher Candidate Halian ::.
Lareli/Shiftergirl
A relieved sigh attempted to leave Hal’s lips as he noted how laid back this lady seemed to be. With his embarrassment fading Ha’ls smile became less forced and more genuine.”I do know the area well. Too many turns in the woods and wilds would do that,” He admitted before continuing, “Some days I think I know the wilds better than I know people.” While his words had taken on a joking tone, Hal couldn’t help but flinch inwardly at just how true they were. Thanking his mischievous daughter once more for her interfering, Hal wondered just how long that nugget of thought would stay true.

In an effort to change his wayward thoughts Hal brought his focus back to the handler with him. “I was wondering something,” Hal began before letting his words trail off as another thought crossed his mind. “What’s it like? Bonding to another soul I mean… I don’t think I’ve heard it told from a handler’s point of view.”

~: Dragon Candidate Halimila :~
Ao’mek/Parker
Mila was quite content to wander with the crowd. There was always something new to learn as you mingled and this time was no different. There were folks excited to see the Pearls, others that were happy to be among friends and loved ones at a party. However Hali was distracted from her people watching when an older man approached her. Pulling on her brightest smile, Mila adjusted her gait to match his. “Hello,” She returned, filing his name and dragon away for later exploration. “My name is Halimila and yes I am hoping to talk with a Pearl tonight. Are you excited to meet them too, sir?” She asked hoping that her tone was just the right mix of polite and amused.

As she waited for a response, Mila took a moment to take a decent look at her companion. Or at least the best look she could give him from the corner of her eye. While not as striking as some of the gentlemen she had met over the turns, Halimila had to admit there was a certain sort of charm that came with experience. Boys her own age did hold appeal but this gentleman seemed to be more confident than the teens she dealt with on a day-to-day basis. Deciding right then and there that she would soak up the attention the blue rider would offer her. Pulling a lock of her brown hair over her shoulder, Hali was excited now to see where the night might lead.
Shiftergirl

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Shaylah Seaman:Pearl Candidate
Tag:Saitavis-open
Shaylah sighed as she wondered if the great creature was going to notice her. It wasn't until sge thought it was going to lay down did she realize it had lowered its great head. It seemed to be considering her and opened its great maw to make a small notice. Asumming it was frustrated for some reason she smiled. "Do you not speak as humans or dragons."

I am Saitavis. Forgive the moment of silence, I seemed to have trouble with comuicating for a moment. he said with a low growl. Shaylah gasped at the sound it generated. Confused she looked over the creature hide for. Was it male, or female. We speak as you say much like dragons. It is complicated to speak to another not in our glint.

She smiled and felt rather proudto be speaking with such a wonderful creature. "Well you are vary good at it, I don't seem to notice the issue." She maybe pushing it with a little ego stroking but it was so nice to encounter something like this.

[center]Lareli & Blood Anubli[/center]
Tag:Halian/Lanni
Lareli listened to him as he talked. She noted the way he was relaxing and was happy to see this conversation taking a turn for the better. She hadn't wanted to offend him originally but she didn't like when new people were hanging out just outside of the others. "To know an area is not always bad. We need people that can help when the wild decides to come knocking." As she spoke she felt a light brush of thoughts. Glancing she noted a ruby hide stalking towards her. She would have groaned, but instead smiled.

As she heard his question about bonding she knew the smile went to her eyes. "Its hard to explain. Its almost as if a part of you has been missing and suddenly they are there to fill that spot. No judgment or rejection, only love and need." As the words left her mouth the ruby hide seemed to materialize beside her as a hiding Anubli made himself know.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:25 am

Tag - Halimila
If at all possible, upon seeing the young lady's smile brighten Ao'mek's did as well. Though, even if she had acted the complete opposite his own mood would not have been ruined. There was very rare occasions when the bluerider was not cheerful and optimistic. It was a bit hard to believe that he was once a Legionnaire....and a damn good one at that. The man knew his way around weapons and a fight as well as he did a cheerful conversation. "Halimila. That is a beautiful name." He complimented her. "Please, sir isn't necessary. You can call me Ao'mek or just Mek if you like." He didn't feel old enough or high enough ranked to be referred to as sir at such a laid back event such as this. "Excited? Oh absolutely I am. A new creature we've never heard of that is just as intelligent as us and the other dragonkin. What's not to be excited about?" He answered her.

They continued to walk on towards the beach. Ao'mek studied his walking companion a little better now. She was young, but not a child, he came to the conclusion. He'd never seen her before, he didn't think, but then he wasn't the best with faces either. "Have you had any of the food or drink yet? This ale I have is rather good, but I know I'm going to want to get something to eat before long. Everything seems to smell really good here."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Lanni

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 am

.:: Day-Wher Candidate Halian ::.
Lareli/Shiftergirl
Halian nodded slowly as Lareli's words sank in. Though the jungles and wild-places were constantly changing with new growth and new territories being marked, Hal and the other hunters had a fair idea of what was out there. While there certainly were dangers outside of the weyr's protective embrace, Hal was proud to say that he could hold his own out there. As Halian's thoughts were centered on their topic of conversation, he allowed his guard to drop a bit. Given that it was a celebration it wasn't hard to relax. However just as the man felt his shoulders shift a change in colors in the twilight had Halian's instincts flaring quickly. A small step backwards and the tensing of his fists were a few of the outward signs that he had been caught unawares.

However it was the young woman's relaxed state that had Hal feeling a bit foolish. Lareli's heartfelt words about bonding helped Hal to realize what was going on. It seemed that the young woman's bonded had joined them and the former hermit could feel the heat pooling along his neck and cheeks. "Th-that sounds... Well that sounds amazing," Hal said trying to save face, "I've heard others say it couldn't be described but I think you did it." Turning his brown gaze towards the blood daywher, Hal trusted his instincts now and waited to be introduced to the creature. Habit had the hunter assessing the large creature as he waited.

~: Dragon Candidate Halimila :~
Ao'mek/Parker
Mila's smile brightened as the rider complemented her name. While she hadn't chosen it by any means, Mila was glad for the small reminder of her mother that was attached to the syllables. When the blue rider continued, Hali found herself nodding at his request. It was simple enough really to be less formal but the freckled teen wasn't sure she could quite call him by his nickname just yet. It would take a bit more time in his company until she felt comfortable enough to call a rider by such a familiar thing. However it didn't stop her from offering her own nickname in return, "I'll drop the sir if you think you could call me Mila."

At his suggestion of food and drink, Mila could feel her stomach start to protest its abuse. Before the noise could be heard by the blue rider, Mila latched onto the idea, "I just stepped off the wagons a few moments ago. I don't even know what they have available!" She finished with a grin. Taking a brief moment to scan the area around them, Mila's smile turned into a small frown. "I don't know where they are hiding it either!" She admitted as her gaze returned to her companion. "Would you mind showing me the way, Ao'mek? I'm sure you have a decent idea of the layout tonight."
Shiftergirl

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 am

Shaylah Seaman:Pearl Candidate
Tag:Saitavis-open
As the conversation seemed to take off. She learned a few things as she spoke with the grey creature. Shaylah was giddy as the Pearl continued to talk and answer question, best it could. After a few miscomunications she figured out the big brute of a dragonkin was a male. She voiced her option on what she thought of them and the big male huffed at her. He seemed rather content with speaking. As she saw another making conversation with the dragonkin she said her farewell and wondered in with the rest of the crowd. Oh how interesting it had been.

[center]Lareli & Blood Anubli[/center]
Tag:Halian/Lanni
Lareli took pride in the stealth of her bond. He was doing well with the gather. His eyes seemed to scan the man with almost a unnatural interest before turning the butt the girl in the side. She chuckled and saw the stiffness of halian as her bond made himself known. For a ruby blood colored wher he was well versed in stealth, with the Wildcats and need for as much protection as needed, she had been grouped as part of the team to report information as best she could find.

"It is the only true way to describe a connection as deep as a bond such as this honestly." She said with a hint of deep respect for her bond. "Halian I would like you to meet the one who protect my back. Balkan Anubli. Anubli this is halian, he is a candidate for the hatching."

Welcome, I hope your hatching impression goes swiftly and promising. Fresh minds are always welcome. Anubli said with a hint of a teasing note. His eyes scanning the man again. "Be nice dear. Forgive him, he is a bit on the grumpy side lately."
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Zee

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 am

Yanna, Pearl Candidate
Tag: Aoivas, Elannel

"Adopted!" She snorted very unladylike at that idea. "Sold to a slaver most likely. Would have been doomed if'n a weirdo and his rude dragon hadn't shown up to get me the- " Remembering her tongue she refrained from saying the word she was about to. " - get me out and to the weyr. Couple other younglings got taken out too. Actually he ain't so weird I guess. Nice enough to help me look for ya. Where ya been? Why you here and not at the fishing village? Where'd you get that flit? Its really friendly. And why --"

Aoivas. Right!

"Glint is family? Yes, he's my glint all right. Evil - " Again she refrained from swearing with effort. " - people that thought they were doing me good took me away from him. Weren't no good if'n ya ask me. But we're together now and I ain't ever getting taken again." To Elannel she tightened her hand in his own, refusing to let him go. Needing that physical contact after so long apart. Wiping her eyes that still streamed with happy, incredulous tears, she smiled up at him with all the love in her heart. "I can stay with you now?" It didn't even occur to her to wonder if maybe he didn't want her around. Of course he wanted her. He was her brother. There was no doubt in her mind. But...could he afford to keep her fed and clothed? Did he have a home she could live in too? She could care less if they lived in a box under a pier somewhere. They were together at last and that is all that mattered!
Last edited by Zee on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ainokesshou

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:01 am

Elannel smiled at Aoivas's curiosity. "Yes, turns is a long time," he agreed. "One turn is...does your glint move around to stay in warm waters, or following food? One turn is probably how long it takes to go through a cycle of that." He looked down, he had only had 14 turns when their parents died, so, "It's been about three turns since we were separated," then Yanna started speaking again, and he froze in horror.

"S-s-sold?" he stuttered, ignoring Aoivas inadvertently. "You are still too young for that. I am going to have enough marks to keep that from happening by the time you're old enough. I was planning really well, and I've saved up a lot of it so far!" He stopped, staring at nothing as his mind started cycling through all the horrible things that could have happened to her.

But she'd been rescued by a dragonrider. He hadn't been there when she needed him, but someone else had been. "I need to thank that rider, even if you do think he's kind of weird," Elannel muttered, then, "Why am I here?" he shook his head. It probably made sense that Yanna would be here, if she'd been rescued by a dragonrider, since the Weyr was so involved with the Pearls.

"Everyone at Southern Seahold is talking about how the pearls can bond to people. I wanted to find out if that was true, because I figured once I got you out of the orphanage, I should be trying to find something better for you than being stuck out on a fishing boat for the rest of your life." Then she asked about staying with him. Of course she would stay with him.

Shards.

Of course he wanted her to stay with him, after he found a better place to stay. His little room was barely big enough for him to lie down, and he tended to curl up as it was. He didn't have anywhere decent for his little sister. He wasn't supposed to worry about that for several turns yet!

"I guess I don't need to keep saving to buy you out of the orphanage," he said, slowly. "I can afford a little more space." He could afford a room big enough for two cots, at least. He ignored the question about Klah. He didn't want to lie to his sister, but he also didn't want to admit to his one brief and ill-advised foray into the black market. He had regretted it instantly, even if he hadn't gotten caught, and so it shouldn't matter.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:35 pm

White Aoivas
Tag - Yanna, Elannel
Departing the feast
That indeed sounded like such a long time, Aoivas keened slightly for them, even though they were together now. For now, Aoivas listened to them explain and talk to each other, taking in whatever information they provided to her. It was interesting and complicated for the Pearl to grasp, as clearly there was a lot more to it than just they were separated and now they were together. Pernese life sounded complicated in general.

However, Aoivas started to feel tired, and during the conversation couldn't resist a big yawn that struck her, making her mouth open wide and almost menacingly as she yawned. She blinked a few times afterward sleepily.

I apologize. I am tired. I need to go take a nap somewhere before I pass out on one of you on accident. Oh that would be terrible. There was almost a chuckle with that though, or a rumbling noise that sounded like one of mirth before she yawned again. Maybe I will see you guys after my nap, if you are still here. You should come visit again either way though. I love you Pernese, you are so interesting and nice.

After that and goodbyes were said, Aoivas turned herself on the beach and scooted herself using her forelimbs down the beach and toward the water. She wouldn't be sleeping in the water of course, she'd drown that way, but there was a place the glint had found for them to sleep safely. For now, no one other than the glint knew where or what it was, so that the glint could stay safe while they rested.

[Aoivas is leaving so that I can call my part in this thread finished and focus some more on my main characters and threads. This was fun guys, and I loved being part of Yanna's and Elannel's reunion. Aoivas will likely be seen again later down the line too, because she's become too great for me to just leave here.]
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image