A Feast for Peace - Pearl Feast

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
Ainokesshou

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:23 am

tag: Halimila
Elannel had never seen so many dragonriders in one place, but they didn’t seem to be restricting access to the Pearls. Oh, he’d heard that they wouldn’t be, but he’d also heard that he would get to see his sister several times a turn. He had learned not to trust promises like that. So, even though nobody seemed to be blocking his chance to meet the serpents, Elannel made sure to defer to anyone from the Weyr.

Eventually, he did approach the older of the two females. She had been very friendly, and had even spoken to him a bit. It felt rather odd, but not unpleasant, and Elannel had left the encounter feeling more confused than anything else. Klah at least had enjoyed himself, playing in the water while his human tried to figure out whether the Pearls were going to have any effect on his or Yanna’s futures.

Ultimately, the answer had been that he couldn’t count on it. He had heard that the whers could be – assigned – like fire lizard eggs. But the pearls were apparently more like dragons, they decided to bond. No one could ever guarantee that Yanna would be able to get one. It was still the best chance he had to get her a better life than scraping by on a fishing boat.

He walked away from the Pearls, trying to figure out if he should make any change to his general plans. Staying in contact with the people attached to the Pearls was probably important, which would mean meeting them here, and trying to make friends. That wouldn’t exactly come easy for him.

At that point he was walking past a wagon, and saw a girl about his age. She seemed to be having trouble getting down easily, because of her clothes, and he looked at her for a moment. Well, he had just thought he needed to try to make friends. This was probably a good way to start. He walked up, and offered her a hand down, smiling cautiously at her. “Need a little help?” he asked.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Zee

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Yanna, Pearl Candidate

Tag: Elannel, Halimila

It was truly wondrous. The decorations. The music. The fancy clothing. The amount of food. The number of people.... The amount of food, oh goodness. There was a lot. She'd never seen so much before. It was all combined so very breathtaking. With her hands lightly grasping her simple dress that was kindly given to her for this occasion, a towel draped over a shoulder per her request, she made her skirt swish from side to side as she walked. Simple or not, it was a pretty dress. She felt nice in it. Looking all around at everything and everyone, she looked to the one in charge of watching over her. Grinning to herself, she let go of her skirt, grabbed her towel and snuck away when they passed a knot in the crowds. She didn't need a watcher. She could take care of herself just fine. Thank you very much.

When felt she was finally free to explore as she wished, she ducked around a wagon and ran straight into someone helping another someone down from it.

Umph.

Backing away and dusting off her dress, she totally ignored the ones she'd run into. When she made sure her dress was nice again, she hurried away once more, heading for the water. It had been a lifetime since she'd been able to swim in the sea. She was not going to miss this opportunity now.
Lanni

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:45 am

~: Dragon Candidate Halimila :~
Elannel, Yanna
Halimila had just about given up hope that there was a gentleman among the party goers. After taking a moment to study the distance from the wagon bed to the ground, Mila was close to just jumping down and dealing with the consequences when they came. However just as she gathered her nerve a male voice broke her concentration. "Oh!" Mila cried out as she steadied herself once more against the side of the wagon. Beaming a bright smile at the young gentleman Hali shifted her free hand to meet the one he offered. "I was hoping there were still a few gentlemen around to help a lady in need," Hali replied as her fingers met the man's.

Luck seemed to be on someone else's side when a kid seemed to bump into the kind man who was helping her. The only stroke of luck that Mila could see was that she wasn't in mid-jump when the collision occurred. Concern flickered to her expressive face as she tried to see what damage the accident had wrought. "Are you okay?" Mila asked as she noted that the urchin had darted away from them. "Did you catch the child's face? Maybe we should report this?" Mila continued without waiting for the man to reply, "Surely such a small kid would have a minder, don't you think?"
Ainokesshou

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:35 am

Tag: Halimila, Yanna
Elannel was a bit confused to have someone refer to him as a gentleman. He was a struggling fisherman, nothing more. And she was a pretty girl, but if he let her go on thinking he was something he wasn’t it could cause trouble. As he was thinking this, though, he felt something collide with him from behind. He stumbled into the wagon, but managed not to land on the girl he was trying to help. Still, it took him a moment to catch his balance, and by the time he did, whoever it was had run off. “I’m fine, are you ok? I didn’t rip anything, did I?” That was the last thing he needed, to offend some girl who could afford pretty things by damaging them.

“It was a child?” he asked, a little stupidly, when the girl questioned him. Well, of course it had been a child, the person hit him fairly low. If an adult had collided with him at that speed, he’d probably have fallen on the girl and ruined her dress. “I didn’t even see the person at all, so I didn’t see his face,” he answered ruefully. “I wouldn’t know who to report this to, but if you have an idea, we can try that, or we can just try to find the kid ourselves?”

He tried to figure out from the height of the person who had run into him if it was safe for the kid to be running around alone. He was pretty sure a kid that size was old enough to avoid the most obvious dangers. “Or maybe look for someone else who is looking for their missing kid?”
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Gallant

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Tag: Open / Sid'nis
Kinali breathed in deeply the warm sweet breeze flowing about the sand, gently closing his eyes and savoring the fruits of the season. He enjoyed this time of year — for good reason, too, it reminded him of the life that surrounded them in the wilderness that even the riders couldn’t truly call entirely familiar. There was always something new to be discovered or explored, and the arrival of the new creatures had done just that. The fact that there was a gather of sorts to celebrate it only made his mood swell for the better. Life was hectic, albeit enjoyable between he and his other half, largely toiling away throughout the day and in the evenings they were lucky to spend together more often than not one of the two fell asleep from exhaustion.

It was a reasonably normal life, or as much as Kinali assumed he could get to one based on the literature he’d read, and seen throughout the various communities in his existence. But the most important thing at the end of the day was that despite how busy they were, neither had ever failed to remind each other of how happy they were. It didn’t always come in the form of words. Even embraces had become commonplace, which was odd considering for the longest time in his life the smith wouldn’t let anyone near him in such proximity within a private setting. Sid had torn that wall down though, at a pace that was oddly comforting more than overwhelming for his other half. With both Nerosali and Iolith there for support and reminder, adding the fact that he got the opportunity to be around Servaas and Alyss every so often, Kinali felt something he for the longest time believed he would never have. Family. It wasn’t official. But it was real. That was enough for him.

A welcome trill pierced into his ears, gradually welcoming his sight as his eyelids folded back to restore his vision. Iolith, the magnificent beast himself. If the dragon was here, that could only mean good things. Sure enough, as the Blue spoke to him, if the beam on Kinali’s face could have grown any wider it would have. Nerosali was happily prancing about from the tent, running up to the other two, immediately going in for what he could only equivocate to a hug among their kind. The most awkward albeit affectionate nuzzle, despite their anatomical difference. In a certain light, it was kind of adorable — she’d taken to the dragon without any qualms, ifs, or buts. “I thought youd never ask!” she enthusiastically chirped towards her cohort. “Let us stir up some ripples, and enjoy the night.

Running his hand along Nero as she snuggled against him in a silent notice that she’d be going off, Kinali gave her an agreeable nod. “You two have fun,” he slipped, his attention immediately perking from the familiar voice that came up behind him. Spun about on his heel, he eagerly joined in the embrace, returning the kiss in kind upon the other’s lips. He grinned, looking down from the compliment. “Sometimes I wonder if Nero is a Day Wher, or a tailor,” he quipped, launching a bit as he pointed at his outfit. “My taste is apparently blind according to her.” All in good fun within his tone, he became completely oblivious towards his other half’s tunnel gaze, enraptured with Sid’nis presence himself. The man brought about a brighter side to Kinali that was like a floodlight against a match, when it came to cheery disposition.

I can be whatever,” the handler suggested with a grin. “Just happy you made it.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Sid'nis and Blue Iolith
Tag ~ Kinali
Iolith gave another trill of excitement when Nerosali agreed to go swimming. While he could have easily leaped into the air and flew to the ocean in one quick move, he didn't in favor of walking next to the black rose. The blue enjoyed any and all times he got to spend with his dear friend. His partner in crime as Sid would call her. After all, it was the two of them that had conspired at the last feast they'd been to. Of course, Sid was grateful for that conspiring. Had it not been for that well... he doubted he would have had the nerve to tell Kinali that he was developing feeling for him other than friendship. Once again he didn't know what he would do with his amazing blue.

Do you think any of the Pearls will come greet us? Iolith asked curiously as they approached the waves. The ocean was more calm than not, a perfect evening to go for a swim. Though, to be fair, he didn't mind swimming when the waves were a little more choppy. As long as it wasn't dangerously choppy it could be a lot of fun to get swept this way and that by the water. Sid's always telling me that I act like a fish half the time. Do you think maybe the Pearls are just dragons that decided to never come out of the water? The blue mused to his dear friend.

"I'm sure they will have a blast and then will tell us all about it. Though, I did promise Iolith I would swim with him at some point, so maybe we'll join them before they are done having their fun." Sid stated. He was a bit flushed from that small kiss. His cheeks and ears felt quite a bit warm. Like Kinali, his face was stretched as wide as possible with a grin. How could he not show how absolutely happy he was to be with the person he cared for? "Well, whatever she is, she did a good job in picking out an outfit for you. I think Iolith was ready to kill me because I couldn't make up my mind on clothes." He admitted, not caring if Kinali knew that he had fretted over how he looked. Honestly, he thought that Iolith was ready to drag him out naked if need be, but he wasn't going to say that out loud.

"Where else would I ever want to be?" A hand raised to run lightly through Kinali's short hair. "Well, I'm a little of both. How about we get food and drink and then find a nice spot to sit on the shore? We can watch our silly bond mates play in the waves while we eat." Sid suggested before he began to lead them towards where the food and drink tents were. "Everything smells absolutely amazing. It's going to be hard to pick one thing to eat. Or maybe we should just get a little bit of everything." Sid said with a chuckle.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Gallant

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Tag: Open / Sid'nis
Heartbeat, drum and string — the music of life which had faintly resonated in the background of the festival had gradually begun to rise as the evening grew onward. Nerosali had been all too happy to follow her friend and fellow conspirator into the shallows, trotting along like a runner that had just been given a sugar cube. A gentle hum within her throat echoed quietly like a gentle vibrato, not all that far from Kinali’s silent own approval to his beloved’s request. They had the entire night to share ahead, and then another after if they ended up staying upon the starlit shores.

Fine granules of sand tugged at his feet as he meandered about, keeping a loose eye on his bondmate for just a few brief moments to ensure she adapted to the ocean well enough. But Nerosali was full grown and then some now, mature enough to determine what was right and wrong for her in the vast majority of blithe circumstances. “Ive little doubt in my mind,” the blackrose chirped. “We stick out like a spring flower in a garden during the winter. Thats bound to attract some attention.” A thrill of colors reflected across her orbs, glistening with amusement as Iolith quipped about his inner nature. She was at having a grand time, and more importantly, at peace — away from toilsome work.

Frolicsome sprays of water misted into the air as the endearing duo passed beyond the shores, nearing the area which had been established for food and drink. Not far beyond a string of booths lined with a few craftspeople with their latest goods stood awaiting, their faces alit with enthusiasm and laughter. So far as he could see the feast had brought out the best in everyone, and the faint gleam of scales in the distance reminded him why. Their new acquaintances, or friends he supposed as he should have called them — only too thankful that whatever meeting had taken place between the weyr leadership and the pearls had gone so benevolently.

Denying them a good time, or even thinking that those two aren’t up to something ever is a hard thought to pass from my mind,” Kinali shot off, a deviant grin on his face. “I’d like that. It sounds relaxing. And maybe a bit of…fun, of our own.” Slipping an arm around his other half, the smith attempted to court Sid’nis in for a more delicate proximity, the pleasant stretch across his lips never ceasing to get a ride out of the moment. He was in a good mood. Almost uncharacteristically so, if you had asked someone who knew him before the change in his life. But while it wasn’t outright public, little seemed to stop the bloke from savoring every step of the journey, and whatever spirit had been uplifted had certainly transformed him.

Kinali didn’t mope about or cast a gratifying facade to the people he passed any longer, nearly every part of him seeming…genuine. It wasn’t that he’d lied frequently or been a cowardly renegade that was cast out from society in his past, more so from the fact that through whatever grace he’d developed had added another layer to his maturity. An innocence nearly washed away in favor of a cheerful disposition that never seemed to leave his side, laying forth his subconscious gregariousness into a more active role. Underneath he was still who he was though — humble, quiet to some degree when alone, yet always had that beating foot in his step and a vibrant hum in his voice.

Maybe not kill…” he teased towards the other. “Drag you out to a bit of an embarrassing moment maybe, but I can’t see him being that harsh. Playful more than anything.” Kinali was sincere in his wording, knowing all too well that the demeanor was similar to his own dragonkin. Nerosali had become a prominent fixture in his life, no less or more important than Sid’nis but equally empowering as Iolith was to the bluerider. And in her case, mothering, more often than not.

Drifting his hands along the available cutlery and plates, the dayhandler snatched a pair for the two, handing one of the sets over to Sid with a grin. He pulled it away at the last second, a ludic smirk on his face, as he held it out. “Gonna cost you,” the shorter of the two teased. “My price is fair too — one kiss.
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 am

White Aoivas
Open
Some Pearls had come to greet the Pernese once the feast had officially begun, while others had stayed back. Some seemed a bit more unsure, or wary, not that anyone could be blamed for such on either side. A white gold overtoned pearl was among one of the ones that waited further out in the water, peeking out from the water every now and then to catch a glimpse of what was going on. Before she knew it, more and more of these Pernese showed up, and the gathering of people was huge. No wonder the leader of the glint had taken so long to get everything figured out, or why the Pernese had taken days to prepare. There were so many, and more showing up. Aoivas buzzed with nerves and excitement at once, both curious and wary of going ashore too soon. However, as a few more Pearls became braver, Aoivas was not far behind, curiosity and the assurance from her glint easing her nerves.

Nothing really stuck out as the pearl made her way ashore, her gold overtoned hide peaked out of the water every so often as she made her way close to shore, until finally, she felt the sand of the shore under her fins and chest. She swam forward more, until she soon had to use her fins to pull herself onto land. Water cascaded off her body, but she wasn't obscured by any dark of the coming night thanks to all the glows and torches all around illuminating the shore and waters around. In fact, one of the torches grabbed Aoivas' attention most, and she made her way across the sand to go investigate. After all, she had never seen... whatever that was that made the light. She had seen light before, both from the sky and from certain creatures and plants in the ocean, but this... this was different.

So she dragged herself up to one of the torches and inspected it. Strange, it got warmer when she got closer to it. Luckily, that kept her from trying to stick her whiskers too close, and instead she just bobbed her head and swayed back and forth, enraptured by the fire on the torch for now, forgetting about the Pernese for the moment.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Sid'nis and Blue Iolith
Tag ~ Kinali/Mentioning White Aoivas
Iolith waited to make sure that Nerosali was comfortable with swimming before he decided to dive under the slow, lapping waves. He was a bit protective of her, probably unnecessarily so, but he'd been that way since he had been there to witness her hatching. He came back up with a spray of shimmering droplets raining down around him and onto Nerosali. This water feels amazing. Oh...sorry, didn't mean to spray you. Iolith said apologetically. We do. You are right about that. Well, I hope we attract one of theirs attention. He paddled in a circle around her, mindful of his wings which he had spread out a little to help him float. Then, the bright blue noticed one of the pearls closer to land and staring very intently at one of the torches. Look Nerosali. There's one of the pearls now. She must be a queen, she's gold. Should we go greet her?

Sid'nis gave a hearty laugh at Kinali's deviant remark about their two bondmates. "It's their own fault we think that of them. Perhaps if they weren't up to something so much of the time we would think they are more innocent." Iolith was like himself, meddlesome, so Sid was use to his dragon nosing his nose into business that only concerned him because Sid's dragon. It was alright though. They got up to stuff because they cared. How could anyone really be angry about that? When he felt Kinali's arm slip around him he slipped his around his shoulders. "Maybe? Absolutely we will have some fun of our own. We've been working hard the last several weeks. We're owed a bit of fun." He stated with a laugh. It was nice walking this close to him.

"Annoyed and impatient more than anything. Unlike Nersosaili, he doesn't have an eye for fashion. He thinks my sleep pants are just as nice as my wherhide ones. I suppose I can't blame him for being impatient. He was quite excited to go swimming and maybe meet one of the new creatures." Looking back, Sid did realize that he was being way too picky about what he was going to wear. Yes, he wanted Kinali to think he looked good, but he also knew that Kinali likely thought he looked good even when he was looking his worst.

A soft rumble escaped his stomach as they went to get plates and cutlery. Sid's attention was looking at all the food, so he was only marginally paying attention to Kinali as he got them a set each. He noticed his boyfriend was handing him his set so he made to reach for it, but his attention was still partially on the food. Therefore when he went to grab the cutlery, and Kinali pulled it away, his first instinct was to think he'd just missed and so he reached to grab again. Finally, he turned to see the smirk on Kinali's face as he demanded he pay for the set. A wide dimpled smile spread on his face at the impishness of Kinali's actions. Sid didn't hesitate to cup part of his neck and cheek as he leaned down and captured his lips. His mouth surged once to deepen the kiss after a moment before he finally leaned back. From somewhere behind them he heard someone whistle. That made his ears turn a red as he chuckled, but honestly he didn't care. "I may have over paid you. I'll be expecting to get some change back later." Sid teased him with a wink.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Zee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:35 am

Yanna, Pearl Candidate
Tag: White Aoivas

Yanna's mad dash through the crowds had not phased her. The excitement of jumping into the sea again was too strong for her to pay attention to most things around her. Other than running into some dimglow that just had to get in her way, there was nothing that was going to stop....

Whoa!

Skidding to a stop only a few strides short of the water, Yanna's eyes grew large. Her mouth dropped open with a combination of awe, excitement and caution. There was a pearl coming up onto the beach. It seemed so close, Yanna imagined she could reach out and touch the strange wet hide. Strange but beautiful. But what was it doing ? It was staring at a torch like it was a flutterbug drawn to its flame. Just as the white pearl was drawn to the torchlight. Yanna was drawn to the pearl. Before she knew it, she was right next to it, reaching out a hand as if it had a mind of its own, to touch the creature gently. She did not speak. Not yet. She was too mesmerized for that.