Your Private Tourguide <tag Ari>[Evanoria Gather 2045]

Even with the move to the South, Gathers are still a thing to look forward to, though in the Walled Hold they appear to be called Festivals instead. Either way, Gathers and Festivals are a time of fun to enjoy when they come around.
LdyPayne

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:49 pm

By the time he took his leave of Solonia he had lingered far longer in the Water Pipe lounge than he had intended to. The sun was already starting to dip towards the horizon and he had promised Ari to meet up with her at the Gather so they could walk it together. Why hadn't he arranged to meet her earlier in the day? He didn't regret his tour of the vendors earlier, now he knew exactly what was being offered and could easily play tour guide for the beautiful Ari. Then they could get a bite to eat and hit the dance floor as the sun gave way to the moons.

Siorbheth was kind enough to let him know where Ari was so he could meet up with her. As soon as he saw her he gave a shout to get her attention. As soon as she was close enough he could talk to her without yelling.

"Ari, I was starting to worry I had missed you," R'mia told her. "Sorry I took so long to track you down, I ended up getting distracted talking with one of the Wherhandlers. It's so rare to have a chance to talk to our nocturnal protectors."
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm

It wasn't really hard to get Ari to go to the Gather this time, thanks to a promise made some time ago with R'mia. Rosasith didn't need to prod Ari to go be more social for once. Ari and R'mia had arranged that they would meet at the Gather, which also gave Ari some time earlier in the Gather to help ferry people from the Weyr to Evanoria. Rosasith wasn't a very large dragon, but she was certainly large enough to help out so that the riders and Weyrlings on ferry duty weren't overwhelmed.

After several trips back and forth, Ari and Rosasith were allowed to enjoy the Gather, allowing her to change into her gather dress. She had actually worn it to her hatching feast after impressing Rosasith, not realizing it was the only nice dress she had until it was too late. Perhaps she would save up her marks to get a new one made, because this one felt a little precarious with her large chest and the dress's off the shoulder style. She really didn't even remember where she had gotten this dress, but she didn't hate it either, and thought it was overall pretty with its flowing layer of sheer fabric and delicate pale blue stitching on the edges. It did leave her trying to covertly adjust it a few times so her cleavage wasn't so darn apparent. She was sure R'mia would take notice either way, and the realization had made her flush.

She wasn't kept waiting at the Gather long, at least she hadn't felt she had been, seeing as she had arrived later than most. She had been taking in the decorations when she heard someone call out to her. Looking, she saw R'mia crossing over to where she waited, and it took a lot within her to keep from glancing down at her dress to make sure it wasn't riding too low again. She'd been fiddling with it enough, it would be fine, she hoped.

"It's quite all right," she assured him. "I volunteered for some ferrying duty before coming, so I haven't been here that long yet. I was just admiring the decorations. I can already tell the Weyrhold went all out for this, it's quite stunning."
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
LdyPayne

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 pm

"Nice of you to volunteer bringing people over to enjoy the Gather," R'mia responded. He took a moment to take Ari in, her dress was certainly quite beautiful on her and he did like how it barely concealed her bosom in such a way that it still covered but left a few things to the imagination. He did wonder however if it would take all that much to cause her breasts to spring free, not that he would try. He may enjoy seeing the opposite sex naked but he wasn't so crass as to expose a girl out in public.

"You look quite stunning yourself, so much so I am not too distracted by the Weyrhold's decor," R'mia responded with a warm smile and offered his arm. "What shall we do first? Oh if you like surprises there's a raffle for some eggs, some tiny like gemlizard eggs but they look different and other eggs that are about the same size as firelizards...but the couple running the raffle swear the eggs belong to a real surprise. I put my name into one, but if you are interested we can swing by there if you want to enter. Even if the eggs turn out to be from tunnelsnakes...it's a free raffle so definitely worth a shot."

"If you rather not enter the raffle, there are plenty of other vendors for us to see," R'mia added. He had already picked up a few things himself and had them on hold. He will have to remember to pick up his purchases before the vendors closed up for the night, not that he was worried he would forget.
Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Ari wasn't aware of how aware R'mia was of the cut of her dress. At least, not until he spoke, giving her a compliment that brought enough heat to her cheeks that one could see a little bit of extra color to them than usual for a few moments as she squeaked out a thank you and took his offered arm. She became less embarrassed as he spoke, offering her up some options of things they could do to begin. She chuckled as he mentioned the egg raffle and the potential of the eggs really just being tunnelsnake eggs.

"I think Fable and Folklore keep me busy enough to find out what's in those eggs. They're needy little things, I'll bet they'd even get jealous." She chuckled at the thought. "Taking a peek at the vendors does sound like a good place to start, catch them before any start closing up. And I enjoy a little bit of window shopping." Granted, she had marks with her, of course, just in case she spied something she really wanted or could use that was within her budget.

"Which sellers are you most impressed with at this Gather," she asked, peeking up at him for a moment.
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::..
Image Image Image Image
..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Vithire ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas ..::||::..
LdyPayne

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:48 am

The hint of extra colour to Ari's skin didn't go unnoticed by the flattering bluerider. Though he made no comment on it and continued on talking he did wonder if Ari was just shy or just didn't know how to handle compliments. He was pretty sure she wasn't untouched, given she had been an Opalrider who rose a few times before tragedy struck. Whatever the reasons for her shyness, R'mia decided he enjoyed seeing that hint of colour in her cheeks, it made her very beautiful and seem far younger than she really was.

"If I win one and if it does hatch out something interesting I can come around and show it to you," R'mia offered. "Assuming Fable and Folklore don't mind. I'll bring them treats so they won't feel jealous if you admire my future pet too long. I like the names by the way."

With the decision on checking the vendors instead of the couple raffling off a pair of clutches, R'mia started leading the way towards the main path between the assorted Vendors. "I did find the beast vendors quite interesting, ended up buying a couple pets and paid the Vendor to hold them for me till after the Gather. But since you are worried your current pets may get jealous, perhaps we should check out the Vintner's stall? Nothing like a glass of wine to start one's shopping with. Or we can skip it and check out the Weaver's. I don't know about you but I could use a new tunic or two."
Marvealle
Site Admin

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Ari chuckled as he mentioned bringing by his new critter and making sure Fable and Folklore didn't get jealous. "Oh they'll love being placated with treats," she answered, knowing how much firelizards were just gluttons deep down. "Thanks," she added as his compliment of her firelizards' names. She remembered at that moment to glance around for them, but it seemed they were busy with the fool's errand Ari had sent them on, or they had given up to sleep on Rosasith. She was sure it was only a matter of time before they decided they missed her and invited themselves to the Gather.

"I think a taste of wine sounds like a great way to start the evening." Ari wasn't really a huge drinker, but she enjoyed some wine now and then, and a Gather was definitely the kind of occasion to enjoy it at. "Then maybe we could take a look at the Weaver's stall. Rosasith is always telling me I should get new clothes. Then again, Rosasith is always telling me a lot," she finished with a chuckle, following R'mia along easily and not worrying too much about all the people around. The distraction of conversing with him was much welcomed, making being in such a crowd easier for her than it tended to be for her these days.
Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm

"Excellent," R'mia responded. "Good to know food is a great way to keep them happy."

"Wine it is then," R'mia agreed. He started walking towards the nearest Wine seller but his focus was on the rest of Ari's conversation. Whether she truly needed new clothing he didn't know as he certainly liked the dress she was wearing. R'mia enjoyed looking his best and had a pretty good wardrobe because of it. Even then he liked to get the latest fashions as quickly as he could.

"Rosasith is right on the score of clothing, nothing wrong with picking up the newest fashion. I am likely to pick up a few things myself, I do enjoy looking my best." R'mia grinned. "Besides, now that I know you don't often go to Gathers, you may find I drag you out to them more often and having something new to wear is always nice."

R'mia wondered if the reason Rosasith told Ari plenty of things was due to Ari not getting out and interacting with people as much as she should. He didn't know her personally from old Atricis but she wouldn't be the first person of New Atricis he met who didn't socialize as much as they should. R'mia loved to socialize and he was more than willing to find others to join him and teach them what pleasures one could find at many venues.

"Shopping is a wonderful pastime even if only looking," he added before stopping at the Vintner's. He took a look over the various brands of wine till he spotted a label he recognized.

"Good man, two goblets of that wine there," R'mia said, pointing to the vintage he wanted. When the wine seller nodded and turned to pour two goblets, R'mia turned to Ari. "You fine this wine quite good, I am sure. I had it before and really enjoyed the flavour, very full bodied and not too sweet."
Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:22 pm

Ari was interested to hear that apparently R'mia liked to look good, then again, given his clothing choice for the Gather and his overall appearance, she could see that. He looked quite stylish tonight, though she imagined he looked good in just about anything. He probably looked good even without clothing to play up his visual strengths. Of course, as soon as she realized she had thought that and for a moment the image of it came to mind, she blushed again and hoped to Faranth he couldn't see it, despite how hot her cheeks felt for that moment. Luckily for her, distraction came in the form of arriving at the Vintner's stall.

"Oh good," she said with a nod. "I'm not all that well versed in wines, I only drink seldomly. So I couldn't pick out a good from a bad one by name or turn or anything. I'd probably pick one out that tastes like feet," she admitted with a chuckle.

When the wine had been poured and handed to them, Ari took her with a thank you and gave it a swish in the goblet before taking a sip. R'mia had been right, it wasn't terribly sweet, though it wasn't lacking either. It was a wine that managed to balance the flavor of the grapes with whatever methods the vintner who made it had figured out. Then again, Ari wasn't actually picky either and could like most anything she tasted.

"Mmm, this is good. You have good tastes."
Image Image Image Image
LdyPayne

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

R'mia sipped his own wine and nodded, quite pleased with the flavour. He made a mental note to swing by here later and see if the Vintner had any skins left of this run. Even if the Vintner sold out by then R'mia will find out where he hails from and take a trip to his winery if needed. Maybe he could cut a deal with the guy and get the wine for far less than it's worth. It wouldn't be the first time R'mia found a way to get something he wanted without having to pay much or anything for it. Sometimes he just helped out other times he won it by gambling and his favourite, using his skill as a brawler to best a man in unarmed combat.

"Thank you," R'mia replied, pleased to be complimented on his selection. "I do try and keep my palette quite sharp when it comes to food and drink. We live a dangerous life, being dragonriders, and deserve to enjoy the finer things in life when we aren't risking life and limb protecting Pern from Thread."

"We can walk the Gather as we drink, or we can sit and enjoy our wine then make our way forward," R'mia suggested. "I'll leave it up to you though, since you don't drink often, rushing a glass of wine may not be wise. It can hit you hard if you aren't used to it and I am sure you don't want me carrying you half way through our time together, not that I would mind carrying you around."
Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 pm

Ari nodded in silent agreement as R'mia explained keeping his palette sharp and enjoying fine things due to the dangerous life of a dragonrider. She understood that, it was a good way to look at things. She paused her train of thought on that topic at the offer to walk and drink, or take a pause. She considered his suggestions, chuckling when he joked about carrying her half way through.

"I think I would die of embarrassment if I got myself that tipsy so easily," she admitted with mirth in her tone, then gestured toward where some tables and chairs were set up for people to relax at. "We can take a break walking and sit with our wine. That way, hopefully, I won't rush the wine and end up embarrassing myself too much," she finished with another chuckle.

"I hope you don't mind. I don't want to slow us down too much or mess up any plans you might have had," she began self consciously when she got to a table and sat down with her wine. "I think getting tipsy might mess things up a little more though. Um, I'm not terribly good at small talk though... Hmmm... Ah! if you want, you get one freebie question. Ask me anything you want, I'll answer."
Image Image Image Image