Of Masks and Murders

New Atricis' second allied Hold, Amaryllis Hold was established dominantly with the help of Walled Hold. Because of this Amaryllis Hold is inhabited dominantly by Southernborn and is run by the Lady Carmella. It was established near the end of 2037 and New Atricis has Search rights here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Parker
Site Admin
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:46 pm
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed
Age: 33

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:34 am

OOC Info/Rules:
There is no posting order and you may post more than once between each act. Some actions will be decided on by hidden dice rolls from the Narrator, ie myself. I will be pointing out to you where and when a roll will be used to determine the facts. However, it is safe to assume that anytime a character is asking questions/looking for clues for the murder that a roll will need to be done. For any villains out there your dice rolls/results will be given to you personally so as to keep your identity secret. Also, at the beginning of each act, I will be listing an objective, amount of clues to be found (note, you do not have to find all the clues to go in the right direction), and the date of when the next act will happen.

For simplicity sake, at the bottom of all your replies please put a Character Actions: *state clearly what they are doing* So I can give you the most detailed response in kind. Again, villains please tell me what you are wishing to do so we can determine it behind the scenes. I want to keep this simple, but still, allow for it to remain a mystery.

On one last note, I will be using Corbin but he is to be used as more of a plot device. Twice per act, you may call upon Corbin to help give you a hint in the right direction should you happen to get lost and are not sure what to do next.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me via DM or PM.
Image
Intro: ‘Paper Faces on Parade’

Objective: Get to the Ball and mingle
Clues: 0/0
Next Act: Oct. 9th


Weeks of work had been put into the effort of throwing this Masquerade Ball at Amaryllis Hold. With all of the turmoil that had been happening between the two, Lady Carmilla thought it might be for the best if something was done to ease the tension. Before she had begun planning the festivities she had made sure that there were two representatives from Walled and Atricis. Qaestor Cartamy of the Legion would be there to represent Walled’s side and Wingsecond Tr’ros of the Ivory Feather Wing would be representing Atricis. Since this was a ball in honor of peace, everyone was invited to come if they were able. Amaryllis had been at work the entire day before to make sure that everything was in order. There was a huge spread of food and desserts. Drinks of all kinds were provided for those in attendance. Extra outfits were also available to rent in case someone didn’t have their own Masquerade mask or outfit.

The party was to start at six in the evening. The large, decorated hall of the hold was filled with the sound of hustling, bustling, and the laughter of those already there. Many different masks in all different colors already moved about the room. Only those that had come together knew who each other was and, of course, the lady and the lord of Amaryllis were known. Along with the two honorary guests. The call for eating had been given. One by one plates were filled with all sorts of savory and delectable treats. It was obvious that they spared no expense when it came to the cooks...nor with the drinks or desserts. For now, everyone was enjoying their meals and private conversations. After dinner the tables would be cleared for the dancers, but not before Lady Carmilla gave her toast of the evening. Many eyes watched her, anxious for her to speak so the dancing could commence.

@Ember @Slasher @Lanni @Berry @Altreis @Dreamer216 @Kate

Image
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Kate
Posts: 1537
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:27 am
Tag Status:

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Aric inwardly groaned as dark eyes glanced at his mirror, checking his reflection to see how he looked. Now normally the young man would not care all that much. As long as he looked presentable, he was usually fine with it. This shouldn’t have been that hard really, especially since he had just gotten his brand new clothes. Frowning in frustration, he found himself that he didn’t have to go to this. Since he was the current Weyrsecond, he figures it would be good for him to accompany L’van. It would hopefully give the two of them a few moments to catch up, and then he would be on hand if something were to happen. Not that the younger bronze rider was actually expecting anything to happen, but there was always that chance. Of course, sometimes him thinking like that meant he got himself worked up for nothing, but he was working on changing a bit, and trying not to overthink anything. Finally he was ready and he and Behemoth went between and reappeared in Amaryllis.

Dismounting, A’ric took everything off of Behemoth so that the bronze could go and relax while they were here. Once everything was off, A’ric put his mask on that had been in his saddle bags. While he wasn’t a huge of having to wear the mask, he decided that he probably should anyway. After all, this was a masquerade ball.

It didn’t take him long to find where the ball was being held. It was the largest hall, and the bronze rider could not help but smile softly. No matter what, the man always liked looking at the decorations. It always added a bit of color and something else that he couldn’t describe to the ball. Looking around, he tried to find someone he might know, but it was rather difficult with all the masks. So, in the end l, the man just walked around, mingling with the crowd and getting himself a drink while he waited for more people to arrive.


Image x1
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Tag Status: Open but Permission Needed for certain situations.
Age: 36

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Image

Going someplace without Wrynne was a strange experience, but knowing she was going to enjoy an evening with herself was something she couldn't escape either. Ash wanted to know what this would be like and what the evening would entail, so she had said she would attend and return at her earliest convenience. There were promises of fun things to follow, and kisses had marked her departure, so in the end the brownrider had bid her lover farewell and left, dressed in fine ware and ready for a night of mystery.

She slipped her mask on the moment she arrived, giving her small brown a pat on the shoulder and sending him off before heading in the direction of the ball. She was awash with sensations almost immediately, her sight, smell, and hearing brought to life by everything around her. What a lovely place, what a lovely way to spend her time! She felt her dragon's approval as she accepted a drink from a table and began to mingle among the guests, trying her best to sound more knowing about some of the subjects they were talking about than what she actually knew.

You need to relax, Ash'wyn. I know you miss Wrynne, but you'll get to see her soon, right? And then I'll be kept awake by your rush-thoughts. She nearly spit out her drink, but at least she was smiling and more relaxed now, and that was enough for the small brown.

Image x8
counted
Dragonfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image


Wherfolk, Dayfolk, & Pearlfolk
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image


Crafters, Weyrfolk, & Others
Image Image Image Image
I can be found on Discord @ Ember#8349 ~ feel free to drop be a message even if I'm on DND.
User avatar
Berry
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 am
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status:
Age: 28

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Image
Omi frowned as he picked at the sleeves of his tunic. It was one of his nice ones but the cuffs were starting to itch. The few extra lines of glittering, gold braided thread had been added in honor of the masquerade ball but were likely the culprit.

"At least I look alright yeah?" Omi spun around in front of Lyiren. He had considered getting help with sewing a small cape but his wher had pointed out that it was impractical in the long run.

You look great. If you preen to much longer you're going to miss your ride though. The sport hummed, standing to pad over and nose Omi's hand.

"Already? I'd better get going then. You sure you'll be fine here?" This was the first time the pair would be spending this much time and distance apart. The thought was tying Omi's guts in knots but this would also be a good exercise in distance communication. At least that's what he was telling himself to keep his mind properly focused.

We'll both be fine. No go and have fun so you can come back and tell me all about it. Lyiren, gently herded him toward the doorway.

"Okay, okay I'm going. See you in a bit!"

With that Omi made his way to the weyrbowl and found the dragonrider that was giving him a ride to the hold. He felt a bit odd being just your average wherling attending such a fancy party but it was likely to be the once or thrice in a lifetime sort of thing.

With a short trip between and a slight churn to his stomach, they arrived. Habitually he reached out for Lyiren worried he wouldn't be able to feel anything, but his wher was there, even if it felt a bit faded or stretched.

Omi had forgotten to slip on his mask before leaving so scrambled to fasten it after he slid from the dragons neck. "Thank you both, the ride was appreciated." He gave a polite nod and took a deep breath before heading toward the ball room.

There was music and food, so much food. A few others had already arrived and most were mingling and talking. Obviously he recognized no one so he wasn't sure just who to talk to first. Instead he meandered toward the food. He grabbed a meat pie to chow down on, trying to quell the clenching in his stomach. It did help some but the churning still flared now and again.

Well, he was pretty good at small talk and pretending everything was fine so might as well start mingling. Omi grabbed a drink and found a loose group of people to start with. As time passed he found himself relaxing and enjoying himself. The tension bled from his shoulders as he spoke and he even considered heading for the dancing area once he got a hold of some of the spiked punch.


Image
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open
Age: 33

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Image
It had been a long time since R'fael had bothered to go to any sort of party or event that wasn't at the Weyr. Pavoth was equally excited, as the sport had never attended anything outside of the Weyr either, ”Well, you know you won't be inside...” As the man slid off the dragon's back, adjusting out his riding gear for some more fanciful garb, he felt the dragon's response more than heard it, Not the point. I'll be there with you. The man smiled and nodded, ”Aye, that you will.” After losing his first dragon, R'fael held a fresh respect for the bond between him and Pavoth. Donning his mask, he headed in as Pavoth flapped up and joined the rest of the visiting dragon's.

Wandering into the grandly decorated room, R'fael did a brief loop around the edges to orient where everything was. The food was there, drinks on that table...A drink...For the briefest of moments, the man stood beside the table covered in full wine glasses for the taking. Just one wouldn't hurt...but he knew that he would probably justify a second, and a third, and...he didn't want to go down that road. Not that night. Not ever again. Honestly, he was afraid of where it might take him.

So he moved on, taking a glass of juice from a different area instead. He found himself taking up post a bit to the side, just watching those around him. So many masks...It was impossible to tell who was who, and he let himself enjoy a quiet guessing game with Pavoth as he sipped at his drink.

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Altreis
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm
Tag Status:

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Beastcrafter Joklyn

Mixed feelings rippled through Joklyn that evening, mostly once she had arrived at the Masquerade Ball being thrown. It was a party of sorts and there was no keeping her away from one when she could attend-but at the same time her shoulder felt rather empty and cold. Or perhaps it was her back, arm...any of the places her soft furflit normally perched. Alas, she was still young and needed more training before Joklyn could take her to big events such as this. The darling would get so excited and try to dive into everything at once, making a nuisance of herself in the process. No, it was best to leave her curled up in Joklyn's furs back home. They could have a good cuddle session once she returned.

Until then Joklyn would focus on the Ball, which was wonderful. Plenty of good food and drink, desserts, and some outfits for those who needed them. Not her though; Joklyn wanted to have her own for something this big. Or at least what felt like a very big, important, cool event to her. There was nothing quite like wearing a mask and outfit that were to her taste. Normally she wasn't bothered much about clothes but this was so much more than just clothes. Tonight this was a form of self-expression and Joklyn pounced on the opportunity.

Now if only between wasn't so shard-blasted cold! The Ball was being held at Amaryllis Hold, quite a hike to make without getting a lift from a dragonrider. Luckily enough were going and/or willing to ferry people like her who were not bonded to the giant winged beasts.

Joklyn made sure to thank both dragon and rider, not taking their time and effort for granted. She had to admit, as she walked in and saw the sea of masked faces, that the ball being a masquerade was a bit of a bummer. So many handsome faces that were hidden behind paper! Argh...but it still was fun and hopefully eventually they would be taking their masks off. That element of surprise added an air of anticipation that brought a smile to Joklyn's face. This was going to be great; she couldn't wait!

Image x9
Dreamer216
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:09 pm
Tag Status:

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 am

Image


Kyrie dismounted from her ride, thanking them graciously for the lift. She felt her two whers in the back of her mind, left behind due to the distance and the inconvenience of a purely human gathering. She had hated to do it, but even though Kyst was improving, she was still young, and the hostess had been clear about who she had been inviting. Thankfully Kyresk should be able to keep the younger wher from getting into mischief.

At that thought she felt a ripple of bored irritation. When come home? Kyst asked.

I've only just left my love, I will return soon. Be patient. Kyrie said, as she walked towards the entrance to the hall/

The little one seemed to grumble in the back of her mind, but Kyresk's calm washed over all of them. We'll be fine. Have fun. The older agate said.

Kyrie smiled a little smile to herself, and pulled images of balls and parties, sending them to the smaller green. I will have fun, and you can always check in to see whats going on if you are interested. Now I must go, she said, as she stood outside the doors, behave yourself Kyst.

The green declined to answer, although she seemed to be enamoured with the images of gowns and dancing. That might backfire on her Kyrie realized too late.

At the reminder of dresses, Kyrie tugged restlessly at hers. By most standards it wasnt even a proper dress, more like a tunic, but it was the closest she ever came to wearing dresses. It certainly suited her, reminded her of home with its deep greens and fur cuffs, a rarity even in southern, but a gift from her more wealthy sister. She was really only here because of her sister. She looked down with some distaste at the emerald green mask, sliding it on with a grumble. Anyone who knew her would easily be able to recognize her despite the mask, and if she didnt know the people, what was the point of a mask at all?

Despite her annoyance at the contrived nature of the occasion, she did begin to enjoy herself as she circled the room. It was a lovely setting, with people from all over. There were dainty little snacks which she could feel Kyst pining after in her mind, as well as some tasty drink. She avoided the alcohol, deciding that it would not be a prudent choice this evening, and continued looking for her sister, who had left her a note along with the gown and invitation, to meet at the gathering.

Eventually she found her elegant older sister, dressed in a gown of rippling dark red, like a fiery sunset. Even her mask had feathers which looked like they were dipped in fire. "Ky dear!" The woman said quietly, pulling her sister close. "I was afraid you wouldnt make it!"

"Astraaa," Kyrie replied, holding the end of her sister's name too long. "You know I didnt have much choice. Did you bring Kylana by any chance?" While Kyrie had never been an active fixture in her daughter's life, she did care for her, and was fond of her.

Astra simply nodded, ignoring Kyrie's ambivalent greeting. "Why yes, she's the pride of the house! My girl is over there mingling with some of her peers," Astra pointed out Kylana, moving around in a gown and mask patterned after the sea with tones of blue, teal, and pale foam.

Kyrie smiled again, genuinely. Good, at least her daughter was enjoying herself. Meanwhile Astra continued to prattle on about life at Walled, and Kyrie decided to just stick by her, nodding and listening, waiting for the Lord and Lady to address them.


Image
User avatar
Parker
Site Admin
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:46 pm
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him
Tag Status: Open Permission Needed
Age: 33

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 am

Image

A crisp and clear bell rang out and cut through the sounds of merriment. A moment later, in full regalia of green and gold, the Lady of the Hold stood in the middle of the great hall's staircase with a wine glass in hand. Once the hush settled over the patrons did Lady Carmilla began to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen, I want to welcome all of you to Amaryllis Hold and express my sincerest gratitude for all of you coming in support of the bond between Walled Hold and Atricis Weyr," A pause was given so the people could applaud. "I dearly hope that all of you are already enjoying the food, drink, and music. Before I let you go to continue enjoying this wonderful night, I would like to give a special welcome to two honored guests. Quastor Cartammy of Walled Hold. Please, stand up and introduce yourself."

A lovely woman dressed as a white swan stood up and raised her wine glass to the sounds of clapping. While everyone had a mask on that was there, this wasn't the sort of masquerade ball where people tried to guess who others were. "Thank you, Lady Carmilla. It was my honor to accept your invitation for tonight. I hope tonight is a shining moment that will solidify the bonds between two great allies. May those bonds never break." She raised her glass once more before taking a sip of it herself, then she sat back down.

After another round of applause, Lady Carmilla spoke again, "I would also like to give a special welcome to Brownrider Tr’ros, Wingsecond of the Diplomatic Ivory Feather Wing of Atricis." More enthusiastic clapping was given as heads turned to see the Atrician Diplomat. However, no one stood up. Confusion could be heard in the way the clapping began to stutter. A few others could be seen moving and those close enough would see the brownrider slumped in his chair, a splattering of white powder on his clothes. The people around him were snickering at their friend who somehow already managed to get that drunk. He was poked and prodded, though it didn't work, finally, he was shaken to get him awake. Still, the man slept on. That was when someone finally knelt down to be face to face with him.

That man shot up to his feet in shock. "He's dead...HE'S DEAD!!" The man declared, the shock turned into upset and then to anger. In mere seconds the entire ensemble started talking excitedly and anxiously. Healers were called to come check on the man, but it wasn't long until more people began to be angry. Despite the fact they were all here in the name of peace, it was usually inevitable that when two groups from different sides started accusing each other of things there were no grounds for. Soon it was as if the dead diplomat was forgotten about while people from Walled Hold and Atricis Weyr started hurling accusations at each other. There were some level headed people trying to calm the situation down, but the anger and yelling just continued to get louder.

The Lady and Lord of the hold were trying to settle things, but not even they could quiet the mob that was getting more and more agitated. Both knew something needed to be done but so far their efforts were not working. A man approached the stairs then, removing his mask as he approached. Some of the Atricians would recognize the blond-headed man as Guardhandler Corbin. He spoke with Lady Carmilla as her husband began to get some of their men to try and calm down the patrons.

The conversation lasted as long as it did to get at least get some of the people to calm down. Corbin headed back into the crowd and began looking for people who wanted to help while Lady Carmilla struggled to get the room quieted down. "Ladies and gentlemen, please, I implore you to calm yourselves." She said and then took a deep breath. "There is no question that something has happened to the diplomat. Now, we all want to know exactly what that is," She gestured down to Corbin. "This man is trained in the profession to figure out exactly what happened and if there is someone to blame. Please, those near to the diplomat, give the detective and his team room to work."

While the Lady was doing that, Corbin was quietly picking out people he believed would be...well, not a total failure. Once he had several people he gathered them all together to speak with them. "Right, all of you shut up and pay close attention to me. From what I know about Tr'ros he was a healthy man, which means it likely was not a natural death. It'll be up to us to figure out exactly what happened to keep this so-called peaceful event peaceful lest the crowd decides to turn on each other." He gave each of them a rather forceful look in their eyes. "Before any of you think your special or important let me make it clear. You are not. I only picked you because you lot seemed to be above the average intelligence. In this room anyways," he stated harshly. Then, in a mocking voice, he said, "But Corbin...why even bother asking us to help?' Yeah, I know...I am more irritated by it than you are. However, the Lady of the Hold said I had to. Something to do with accountability or other nonsense grumblings. So...whenever you all are ready...Which you are now because I say you are...the game has begun." He said and then led his ragtag team over to the body to begin the search.
OOC Notes
First of all, late warning, Corbin is an asshole. Don't take him personally...well, you the players...feel free to have your characters act as they wish.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Tr'ros's brown did between at his death so any of you with dragons that are nearby you would know before the yelling starts that something has happened.

This is all you need to do really.

IC wise have them act as they wish, but keep the objectives in mind. (Example: For Act 1 the objectives are to figure out how he died and if there is anything that could lead you to the killer, either where they went or where they come from.) Basically, have them do anything you think your character would do to figure those two things out. Act 1 will end when both objectives are met. The 'Clues' numbers are to let you know there are six potential clues you will find to meet the objectives. You do NOT have to find all six in order to accomplish this. I also encourage you all to be creative while searching. Corbin is there as a plot device. If you're stuck and can't figure it out you can call on him to help get you unstuck. Keep in mind...you can only use him TWICE(2) an act. All actions concerning looking for clues, ie. searching the body, talking to people, etc., will be given a dice roll that I will roll openly after the action is done. (So...I'll be trying to get those in after individual posts.) Everyone will get the same base of +5 to a d20 roll. The only tokens I would consider taking into account is Pernese Detective or Lore Master (but only concerning possible methods of killing).

OOC wise there is a lot less to do. I simply would like you all at the bottom of your posts to let me know exactly what your character is doing. For any villains out there...remember to be smart.

Lastly... HAVE FUN!!

Image x1
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander | Olyver

.::..::..::..::..::..
Kate
Posts: 1537
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:27 am
Tag Status:

Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:19 am

Dark eyes glanced around once more, and he did see a face or two that he recognized from Atricis, but he couldn’t quiet remember the names. Of course L’van was there, but that was about the only one that the younger bronze rider knew.the sound of the bells ringing crisply brought his attention back where it should be and he quickly focused on their hosts. He didn’t want to seem rude, and he knew that after they spoke for a few moments the party could continue. While Aric was not really into the whole politics thing, he listened and clapped politely. This was just not his scene, but he felt as though he needed to be here since he was Weyrsecond.

Dark eyes glanced around as one of the two honored guests were introduced. While he did not know the woman personally, he had heard people mention her. She seemed nice enough and he clapped politely along with everyone else. This is exactly what Atricis and Walled needed, and he was glad to see that there were people willing to help that cause.

At the mention of the next name, the bronze rider looked around once more. While he had seen the man around before, and knew his name, he couldn't really place a face to it. Tr'ros. Looking around, he expected to see him stand up, just as the other guest had. Dark eyes searched, wondering where he was. Then he heard people almost snickering because the man was just sitting there, as though he was just asleep. After a moment though, he heard someone shout that Tr'ros was dead.

It took a very small amount of time for his mind to comprehend what was being said. At the time, all he could do was stare and try not to let his jaw drop. Obviously there were bad people that murdered, but he had never really been around when someone was killed. Frowning, he tried to calm his thoughts. Should he leave? Should he go and offer to help? Should he just wait behind? That really seemed to send people into a panic, and then it seemed that just lead to them being even angrier than he thought possible The bronze rider himself was not exactly angry, maybe a little nervous for his own well being, but that was about it.

It was then that he found himself with Corbin and he tried to listen and not say anything. The man did not seem happy to be working with other people, so the bronze rider figured it would be best to stay quiet for the moment, unless something important revealed itself. Dark eyes glanced around as the leader told them they were set to begin. Frowning slightly, Aric followed him over to the table. While he didn’t really feel comfortable, it seemed that by helping it would maybe make things easier and not waste time.

As they reached the table, the bronze rider glanced around and his dark eyes landed on his glass. Picking it up, he began studying it, wondering if this would give them a clue to anything.

Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 771
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Tag Status: Open
Age: 33

Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Image
The festivites seemed to be getting well under way, and R'fael made his way around the room, just sort of familiarizing himself with it all. He'd never been there after all. Several people he recognized as masks came off and on, people greeting each other, dancing, helping themselves to the food, drinks. He glanced down at his own drink a bit thoughtfully, and for another moment lamented that it wasn't wine. Ah, well. It wasn't worth him going back to that dark place. As the bells chimed to announce the Lady of the Hold, he looked up at her, listening to her speech.

Clapping politely(mindful of his drink) for the Walled Hold emissary, R'fael had to wonder who exactly the Lady would call on for the Atricis ambassador. There were a surprising amount of Atricians present. When she called Tr'ros, the name was familiar to the man, and he glanced around for the face that tried to attach itself to the title in his head.

”HE'S DEAD!”

Alarm ripples through the crowd, and R'fael was not far from where the man was slumped over. He wiggled a bit closer, craning his head slightly to see the man in his chair still. His brow furrowed thoughtfully as confusion and anger erupted around the room. It was not surprising that the Atricians immediately started blaming the Walled people, turns of animosity were difficult to forget. R'fael could just shake his head. Death always seemed to screw with people's minds, make them stupider than normal. Why? The sport rider stayed out of it though, remaining quiet. He had no urge to get sucked into an irrational argument.

The man did notice when Corbin approached the Lord and Lady. The man's face was familiar, and R'fael felt like he had seen him around the Weyr, though he didn't know him personally. When the Guardhandler gestured towards him, and several others, R'fael obediently approached. Abandoning the remainder of his drink on a table, he listened carefully to Corbin's instruction.

It wasn't long, and R'fael had to approve of the man's efficiency. Once they all started looking around, he approached the slumped body. Crouching beside it, he eyed the man's form, though didn't touch. It would be stupid to mess with the evidence, at least right away. Yeup, the rider was definitely dead, that was for sure. But...R'fael had to wonder, ”What's all over him? This powder?” R'fael reached out, and touched the tiniest bit of the white substance, bringing it to his mouth. If it was some sort of poison, considering the amount on the man, he doubted that small of an amount would drastically hurt him.
R'fael is investigating the white powder, taking the risk of tasting a tiny amount of it.

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Post Reply