The Question ~ Tag: Kent/Fawkes

From the Southern Territories, to the Wilds, to the Northern Continent. Here lies the rest of the world outside of the Weyr, where so much can happen.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Fuzzy timed to the end of summer

Wraith popped out of between above the view of a sparkling ocean. The day was gorgeous. A completely clear sky made the beach look bright and wonderful. Locke had had this day planned for awhile now and he couldn't help but be horribly nervous about something not going right. He'd even gone so far as to make sure he and Kent had today and tomorrow off from drills since there wasn't going to be any threadfall in their area. When he'd been given permission he'd been more than thankful and immediately began to plan their date. Locke had told Kent that he wanted to do something special, take him somewhere he'd always wanted to go. His lover had replied that he'd always wanted to go to the beach, so that's what he planned for.

Life was honestly...happy...for him again. He had Kent, he was a father now. A real father, not just one by blood, and he loved his child horribly. Ever since becoming a father he'd felt...he wasn't sure...but he knew one thing for certain. He was ready and more than wanting to fully commit to Kent. To be his and his alone. They'd always been a family, now he wanted them to settle and become one. Granted kids weren't possible between the two of them, but Locke had been thinking about something that had been nagging at him for a long time and felt it was time he acted on those feelings. First things were first though, before he did anything brash and crazy. To make things official between himself and the man he loved. Originally he thought he'd just tell him that he wanted to become an exclusive relationship, but then he couldn't decide on how exactly he'd say that. Then it hit him, what he was going to say and do. At first he was terrified of the thought, but the more he pondered the idea the more he loved it. Now they were here and the nerves in his stomach were like flutterbys.

He makes you happy. You make him happy. It'll be fine, so stop being a baby will you. Wraith said helpfully as he landed onto the beach's warm sand. He was anxious to swim in the ocean water along with Awahith. The chimera shifted impatiently from foot to foot as Locke dismounted and then removed his straps and the items he'd brought for a picnic from him. Come on, Awahith, my beautiful green gem. Let's swim in this beautiful water. He said with an excited bugle, for once not being the brooding and aggressive creature he could be.

Locke laughed at his dragon as he watched him bound towards the water. He turned to look at the man he loved and smiled widely. "Dragons, eh?" He said as he picked up the basket of goodies he'd packed for them. His hand sneaked into his pocket to make sure the most important thing was still there. His heart stopped for a moment when he didn't feel it and then finally in the deepest corner of his pocket did he feel the smooth metal and breathed a sigh of relief. "Well, shall we eat and relax a bit before swimming or would you prefer to dive in straight away with our dragons?" Locke asked with a grin as they walked closer to the water. "Shards, this place is gorgeous." He said as his light eyes took in the scene of the waves rolling languidly towards the shore, the rocks that jutted out into the water on either side of this little cove, the palm trees that fluttered in the breeze behind them, far out to sea there were a few clouds but they didn't block the sun from this beach. "And secluded." He added with a devilish wink for his lover.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:51 am

It had come up so casually that at first Kent had thought nothing of it. Locke had asked him if there was somewhere special he wanted to go, where would it be? The greenrider had answered without a hitch that he wanted to go to the beach, to see the ocean and swim in it, to enjoy the sun on the sand. The orphan boy had rarely been outside Walled his entire life, and he'd only seen the beach as a dragonrider fighting Thread over head, nowhere near as glamorous as he heard it could be. Sure, he'd had opportunities to go anytime, but no one to share it with and he hadn't wanted to experience for the first time, by himself. So when Locke asked, it was the only answer.

Also, Kent had known the dark haired man for many, many turns now and knew when the man was up to something, planning or plotting a new heist or had a trick up his sleeve and he couldn't hide it very well from the greenrider. So when Locke started to lie about where he was going, what he was up to, or becoming overly sweet and attached when they were together, Kent's suspcisions only grew. He knew he was sleeping with Xarria, so Kent couldn't accuse him of cheating, but he knew the wraithrider was planning something and when Locke had decided to whisk him away that morning, the greenrider wasn't as nearly as surprised as he should have been and instead went along and indulged his lover in whatever trick this might be. Kent had a good humor about it though, not letting on too much that he'd known about it, that'd been putting the details together over the last sevenday, but instead smiled lovingly at Locke and falling into his ploy.

Awahith couldn't help but rumble pleasantly as they appeared over the beach though, her dappled hide itching to get wet and bathe, since they had skipped her morning bath in favor of this impromptu vacation. Kent chuckled slightly at the green and patted her neck as they slowly descended on the beach, allowing himself to take in the sight from up high before he'd feel the sand between his toes. Kent was quick to dismount, partially his own excitement and that of Awa's eagerness and hastily removed the dappled greens straps and gave her rump a playful slap. The fawn green gave a snort, but nosed against her rider tenderly before turning to watch Wraith bound off into the water. Yes I'm coming...You don't have to flatter me to get me to go swimming in the ocean. The dappled green teased the chimera, taking her dainty time to reach the waters edges before slipping gracefully into the shallows.

Kent couldn't but agree with Locke's sentiment about their dragons, smiling and shrugging his shoulders all at once and chuckling softly as they both walked a little closer to the waters' edge. The redheaded man took a deep breath of the salty air, scanned the beach up and down and noticed what Locke did as well, that they were utterly alone out here, peacefully and quietly alone. Broad lips curled into a smile at the devious wink he was given and he couldn't help but take a few steps closer to the man he loved, could openly love and didn't have to hide his feelings around anymore. "Part of me thinks that eating and relaxing sound wonderful, but so does swimming with the dragons, and yet you tempt me so when you say that we're all alone out here." The greenrider said with a grin, not sure which sounded like the best option. "It's too hard to choose just one right now." He added, glancing at Locke with an amused sort of look, curious to know if this was all the plan or not.
This Intoxication Thrills Me,
I Only Pray It Doesn't Kill Me

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

If You Want Something You've Never Had,
You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Locke knew that Kent knew he was up to something. He'd tried his damnedest to not be obvious that he was planning something. Honestly, he hadn't been that obvious at all, but Kent knew him so well that there was no way he could hide his mischievous endeavors from his lover. That was alright, though. Locke didn't care if he knew that he was up to something, he was fairly certain that Kent would never guess exactly what it was he was up to. His heart flipped in his chest again as he thought about what he was going to say. He wasn't about to just pop the question, not when there was so much he wanted to say to the man he loved.

Wraith wasn't so graceful as he splashed into the water, trying to make as big a wave as possible. He swam out until he could no longer touch the bottom and then turned to look back at his green companion. I don't have to, but I want to. Wraith stated simply before he moved back closer to her. Being the impish creature he was, the chimera began splashing the lovely little green with water. What do you say, Awahith? Splashing contest? I'll even let you win. He was most certainly in a good mood. Locke couldn't help but chuckle and smirk at him. You should be in this mood more often, Wraith. He said to him. Zip it and pay attention to your mate.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I don't want to get in the middle of that." Locke said with a chuckle as he watched his dragon splashing about wildly. He moved closer to his love and wrapped an arm around his waist. "You always tempt me." He stated before he leaned up to capture the man's broad lips. While he was tempted to let the kiss take them wherever it would, Locke didn't want them to get too distracted with each other. He knew how long the two of them could...enjoy...each other and how worn out they could be afterward. His stomach rumbled then, perhaps from nerves or hunger, but it was certainly audible. "Hm, my stomach is saying we should eat first. Let's set up over here." Locke said and led Kent to a shaded spot on the beach. It wasn't long before the picnic was set up and they were sitting on the blanket. He got out the food and the bottle of wine he'd brought with them. "This is wonderful." Locke stated happily as he nibbled on some cheese.

The dark clouds that were out over the ocean were moving closer inland, but Locke didn't notice and neither did Wraith.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Fawkes
Junior Admin

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:35 am

Let me?? The green trumpeted, shaking her head to rid the drops the chimera had already managed to land on her. I think not. Awahith snorted and rose up in the water to slam her bulk back down, creating a wave that washed over the chimera and use a wan fan of her wings to create another wave before he could recover from the first. The dappled green gave a loud trill of delight as she turned tail and swam away, sucking in a deep breath before submerging herself into the deeper waters of the ocean. Powerful wings used for flying also worked against the salt water, propelling her just as gracefully as if she were flying above them.

Kent took one look at the dragons splashing and antics and shook his head, "No, I think you're right, leave them to it and wear themselves out...Then we'll get to enjoy it un-disturbed." The redheaded man said with a smirk of those broad lips before they were stolen for a brief kiss from his lover and that only made him smile more once they parted. At the suggestion of food first, the greenrider gave a little nod and then moved to help Locke set up the picnic into a little shaded spot on the beach, where they could still watch the dragons frolick. Awahith had emerged further out, past the white capped waves and seemed to rather enjoy floating just out of spraying range of Wraith.

Settling themselves onto the blanket, he wasted little time in finding a few things to nibble on and enjoy a few sips of the wine Locke had chosen to bring. He knew he would need his energy for later, be it for the exercise of swimming, or love making, they both sounded pleasing and something he needed a bit of fuel for. Laying back on the blanket, he took a bite of a piece of red fruit and closed his eyes while he chewed, savoring the moment and the sounds of the waves crashing, the smell of salt in the air. When he swallowed, he finally spoke up. "I do believe, this is one of the best 'surprises' you've given me in a while." The greenrider said, emphasizing his sarcastic tone about how surprised he really was. The casual askance of a place to visit and then a sevenday later, here they were. Though Kent couldn't help but think how lucky he was to have such a resourceful man like Locke by his side, doing sweet and coniving things all for him.

So wrapped up in the moment, the relaxing warmth and sounds of the beach lulling him, Kent was blissfully unaware of the storm clouds that lingered on the horizon, growing darker as they neared. Awahith was far too immersed in her games with Wraith to see the wisps of cloud that hung low over the ocean, pouring it's rain into the already swelling seas, the wind churning the waves into a froth below the storm clouds.

Safryn ~* *~ Kitiara ~* *~ V'an ~* *~ Ay'li ~* *~ Elysia ~* *~ Kent ~* *~ Isolde ~* *~ Omri'vis ~* *~ Daela
Weyrwoman || Wingsecond || Weyrling Asst. || Wingleader || Wingthird || Wingrider || Weyr Guard || Strikeleader || Candidate

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #155710 | #969696 | #181D68
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 am

Wraith squawked in surprise as suddenly there was not one, but two, waves washing over him from the green dragon. The smaller chimera came up out of the water sputtering and shaking his head clear of the water. Eyes whirled playfully as he looked about for his play mate. When he didn't see her, he took a lungful of air and dove under the water as well. In the distance he could see the sun glinting off her dappled hide. I see you! He said as he propelled himself as fast as he could after her. He emerged a bit behind her, but continued to swim after her as he attempted to splash her back. Once again taking a deep breath, Wraith dove back under the water. He went deeper this time and then came up underneath her and gently tugged her underneath with him by the tail. Got you, Awahith!

"I do believe, this is one of the best 'surprises' you've given me in a while."

Locke chuckled around the rim of the glass he was drinking from. He could hear the obvious sarcasm in his lover's voice. "I figured you knew I was up to something." He admitted. It was hard to pull anything over on Kent, but he hoped that his other surprise would be a complete surprise. His hand slipped into his pocket again to feel the cool, smooth metal resting in there. His plan had been to wait for a bit before giving Kent his second surprise, but something about this moment felt too perfect. Especially after Kent had set him up so wonderfully to actually surprise him. He swallowed hard passed the nervous lump in his throat. "However, I never said I was done with surprises." Locke said as he licked dry lips and began to steady himself for what he wanted to say to the man he loved.

He turned to look at Kent, his eyes full of love and a bit of nervousness, and opened his mouth to speak. Before he could say word one a horrendously loud clap of thunder interrupted him. "What the fu..." Locke actually jumped at the unexpected noise and turned to look towards the ocean. The water was turning furiously now as a squall quickly moved inland. "Shit." He groaned. All his planning and waiting for this day and it was being ruined by a damned storm. Locke quickly threw all the food back in the basket before he helped Kent to his feet. Wraith! Get your tail back here! Locke said to his dragon. The hard rain was almost boring down upon them. "Dammit, sorry Kent." Locke said. He was more than very annoyed that their day was getting rained out.

We're coming, we're coming. It's just a storm. Wraith said in a calm voice as he paddled back to shore with Awahith. By the time they got through the rolling waves and back onto shore the rain was already on them. It wasn't even a minute before Locke was as soaked as his dragon was. "This is sharding awful." He yelled to Kent over the sound of the pounding rain and the thunder. He'd heard that squalls could happen without warning, now he really believed it. "Let's get back to the weyr."
Image Image Image Image

Fawkes
Junior Admin

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:14 pm

It was liberating to hear Locke admit that he was right, that he'd noticed he couldn't pull the shade over his eyes anymore and Kent puffed up a little prouder and grinned wide, though he still lay quite content in the shade and breeze and couldn't see the nervousness that ran through Locke. At the man's next comment though, Kent pulled his hand away from his forhead and opened one eye to peer at the dark haired man curiously. Another surprise? Really. So maybe Locke could hide an ace up his sleeve after all.

However, Locke wouldn't get the chance to reveal his winning hand and instead the words were stolen by the loudest sound he'd ever heard, like the sky cracking open right above them and the greenrider nearly shot up to his feet, his heart pounding out of his chest. His eyes were wide open now and he could see the froth of the ocean now, the darkness of the clouds that had swarmed up quickly over the beach and for a moment the lightning that lit up the sky was both terrifying and beautiful. The storm was barrelling down on them now, the drumming sound of the rain getting closer and closer as the men scurried with the picnic and hastily threw things back into the basket. Awa, get out of the water. The rider warned, but the dappled green had already sensed the brief panic and began paddling back to shore. Already on my way love. the green replied, nosing against the chimera and making sure he kept up.

By the time dragons and riders were reunited, the rains had flooded down onto the beach and Kent felt his entire self was dripping, from his eyebrows, his nose, his ears, elbows, each fingertip and even the hem of his clothes. In just a short time, there was no part of him that wasn't soaked through completely and even as Locke scurried to strap and mount onto Wraith, K'ten couldn't help but chuckle to himself and stare up into the stormy sky and the buckets of rain dumped onto him. "Well, this wasn't exactly how I planned on getting wet at the beach..." He laughed over the sound of the drumming rain and grinned at Locke through the blur of drops. He raised his arms wide, watching all the rivulets of water drain off him in streams pouring from everywhere it felt like. Grinning broadly, he reached up and slicked back his red hair, darkened and flattened against his scalp and tried to strike the most dignified pose he could think of.

Another clap of thunder though, the crack of lightning across the sky, it put some haste into the greenriders next steps as he got Awahith back into her straps and hoisted himself up into the saddle again. Lets go home. He bespoke, nodding at Locke through the rain and hunkering down around the dappled greens neck. Awahith followed Wraith up into the storm, rising only as high as they needed to before blinking away between back to the Weyr.

Atricis seemed to be devoid of the dark clouds and heavy rains though, so when they emerged over head, they were the only ones that still dripped water everywhere they went. The two dragons descended rather quickly, just as eager as their riders to dry off and get warm again. Wraith led the way with Awahith on his tail as they landed outside Locke's apartment building. The greenrider dismounted quickly and shucked off the fawn green's straps as well, letting her free and immediately the dragon gave a vigorous shake of her body, shivering and fluttering her wings to remove as many little droplets as she could. "Hey!" Came a shout though, Kent having still been standing beside her as she shed water, directly onto him, making sure he was thoroughly drenched after they'd found sanctuary. "Thaaanks." The man grumbled before slapping the dragons shoulder with a wet sleeve and then shucked off the soaked tunic and wrung it out while they were still outside.

He joined Locke again once Awa and Wraith had been unstrapped and ready to dry off, so then it was the riders' turn, Kent still wringing out parts of his shirt but still wearing the dripping trousers. The redheads' hair was little more mussed up since the rain and parts of it stuck up at odd angles or clumped together oddly, but there was still a smile on his face, a chuckle on his lips as they moved through the building toward Locke's apartment. "I bet that storm was all part of your plan too, wasn't it? Was that your other surprise?" Kent couldn't help but tease the dark haired man as they walked into his apartment to get dry and comfortable again.

"Why don't you get us some towels and dry clothes, and I'll get a fire started in the hearth to warm this place even faster." The man said, laying his wet shirt across the back of one of the dining chairs and caught Locke staring at him, only to shoo him along to do his biding while he went about warming up the apartment with a crackling fire by the time the dark haired man returned.

Parker
Site Admin

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:52 am

"Well, this wasn't exactly how I planned on getting wet at the beach..."

Locke's curls were plastered to his head and threatening to mar his vision along with the rain that pounded down around them. He quickly put the straps back onto Wraith before strapping in their very wet and ruined picnic. The sound of Kent's voice had him turning his head to look at him and the thief couldn't help but laugh at the pose his lover made while the rain poured off of him like a waterfall. "You still look pretty sexy to me." He yelled back at him over the thunder. His own hair had to wiped back so he could see what he was doing. Quickly they both mounted onto their dragons as the storm began to sound angrier. Wraith leaped into the air and as soon as he was high enough off the ground he went between.

Once they were back over Atricis it was as if the storm was nothing more than a bad dream. However, how frozen Locke felt from being soaked and going between was very real. He shivered horribly as Wraith landed them outside of his apartment building. By then, the warmth of the sun had managed to thaw him out some. Water dripped off of him and his chimera as he dismounted and removed Wraith's straps. "Fuck, I'm freezing now." He said before he was caught by some of Awahith's shaken droplets. "Yeah, thanks Awahith." He echoed Kent's sentiments. However, the sight of his lover removing his shirt certainly caught his attention. "You two go warm up and dry off. We're going to do the same." Locke said as he preceded into his apartment building.

"I bet that storm was all part of your plan too, wasn't it? Was that your other surprise?"

Locke laughed, albeit a bit awkwardly and guiltily at that comment. "Ah ha...no...it wasn't. My other surprise is going to be even more....unexpected...than that storm." He stated in a tone of voice that was almost a promise. At least, he didn't think that Kent would ever expect what he was going to do. He hoped anyways.

"Why don't you get us some towels and dry clothes, and I'll get a fire started in the hearth to warm this place even faster."

While his mind was on what he was about to do, he couldn't help but stare at Kent...until of course his love urged him to do as he said. "Yes, I'll be right back." Locke assured him. The wraithrider moved to his necessary and immediately stripped of all his wet clothing. He was still shivering horribly, his fingertips numb, but he was beginning to feel warmer. The pockets of his wet pants were searched until he pulled out the ring and sat it on the basin stand. A towel was picked up then and used to dry himself and his hair, though his crop of curls was totally wild now. A dry towel was then wrapped around his waist as he debated how he was going to hide the ring. He tested placing the cool metal between the hem of the towel and his skin...it seemed like it would stay well enough so Locke left it there as he grabbed a couple more towels and then headed back out.

It was only when he was half way to the fireplace that he realized he didn't grab any dry clothes. Instead of turning around he simply grabbed one of his blankets off the back of his couch. "Here you are, Kent." He said handing him a couple of towels. "I thought instead of clothing we could...warm each other up under this blanket in front of the fire." Locke suggested with a wink. The wraithrider then moved to the spot in front of the fire and sat down. His light eyes looked up at the man he loved and waited for him to join him. A quick feel from one hand made sure that the ring was still where it was suppose to be.
Image Image Image Image

Fawkes
Junior Admin

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:00 am

The moment they stepped inside, he could feel his skin begin to prickle back to life, feel the warmth of the indoors already beginning to thaw his own frozen hide. Just as promised though, while Locke went off in search of clothes and towels, Kent began his work on the hearth. Starting with small twigs and dry leaves, he built a pile in the middle of the pit and struck the stones together until a spark caught the kindling. Blowing on the small flame, the greenrider coaxed it into feeding on the rest of the pile and soon enough the twigs began to catch fire as well. Another moment or two was spent just warming his hands in front of the growing flame, rubbing his bare arms with the warm palms and then holding them in front of the fire again.

Once the small pile had begun to dwindle down, Kent added a few bigger pieces and stacked them around and up on top of the small fire, giving it more fuel to feed from and grow even bigger and warmer for the whole apartment to soak up the warmth. With the project mostly done, Kent sat back to enjoy his handy work, though he may have sat rather close to the flame in order to dry off and warm up. That was, until Locke came back carrying a few dry towels and a blanket.

The greenrider gratefully grabbed up the first towel and began to rub it through his wet hair when he heard his lovers' suggestion instead of clothing. A knowing smirk crept across broad lips as he shook his head (both in exasperation and to dry his hair) before he started to chuckle as Locke got himself nice and cozy in front of the fire. Since Locke hadn't really brought him dry clothes to change into though, he didn't really have too many options, so instead shimmied out of his wet pants and used the towel to dry himself off as thoroughly as he could, no mind for the other man in the room watching him.

Finally, content he was as dry as a towel could get him, he wrapped the dry one around his waist as well and smirked at Locke. "Enjoy the show?" He asked with a wry smile as he settled himself down in front of the roaring hearth. He took a moment to appreciate his handy work with the fire and then turned back to Locke with a grin. "Well then, suppose the picnic is out of the question, but we still have the whole day ahead of us...What else did you have in store?" The greenrider asked, hoping that it had something to do with this secret surprise that the wraithrider managed to keep hidden from him this long.

Parker
Site Admin

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:47 am

Locke watched as Kent began to undress and dry off with the towel he'd provided. It was quite enticing to watch, but his mind was mainly on what he was going to do and when he should do it. You should stop worrying so much. Wraith suggested. I can't help it. This a big step. What if he isn't ready for it? What if he says no? Locke asked a bit fearfully. The very thought of Kent telling him no made his stomach churn unhappily. Locke, I think we all know that he isn't going to say no. How about you use those balls you supposedly have and ask him the damn question. Wraith stated in a very curt and terse tone of voice. I love you too, Wraith. Locke said, slightly amused at his dragon's tone and his use of cussing.

"Enjoy the show?"

"As if you really have to ask." Locke said with a coy smile as his lover settled down in front of the fire with him. "Any chance to see you naked is a blessing and a gift. One I would never squander." He went on to say with a playful wink. He could feel himself become a little aroused at the sight he'd just been given, but the nerves he felt kept him from truly reacting to it.

"Well then, suppose the picnic is out of the question, but we still have the whole day ahead of us...What else did you have in store?"

"Truth be told my plans have been quite a bit ruined thanks to that storm but...I hope things will work out alright regardless." Locke said with a small chuckle as he looked at the handsome man he had the privilege of calling his lover. Locke swallowed hard past the lump in throat. He couldn't help but feel like it was now or never and he certainly didn't want it to be never. "Actually...there was something I wanted to tell you." Locke began as he scooted a little closer to Kent. One of his hands reached and took a hold of Kent's left one as he took several deep breaths.

"Kent, you know I love you. I love you more than life itself." He began, his voice trembling a little. "The last week or more I've been thinking and I've realized that you are the most perfect and wonderful person I could ever wish to have in my life, so...I wanted to...I wanted to say that you are the only true love of my life." Locke hoped he wasn't rambling too much. "However, I was at a loss of how exactly to tell you that and show it to be true. But...I think I know the perfect way now." His light eyes were already watering with what he was feeling.

"Kent, we've been through so much together and through all of that we're still standing side by side. I don't know if I could truly live without you and the truth is I don't want to find out if I can. I promised over a turn ago that I was going to make myself worthy of your love, but I see now....that's impossible. I will never truly be worthy of the love you give to me, have given to me all these turns....but I know now that I want to spend the rest of my life trying to be worthy of you. I want to wake up every morning knowing that I have the whole day to make you happy and I want to go to sleep at night with you in my arms." Locke took a moment to swallow pass the lump in his throat. "I know...that I'll fail you, perhaps you'll fail me in some ways...but regardless of all the ups and down we'll go through...I can't imagine going through them with anyone more perfect than you are. Kent...I don't want to only experience the good times with you, I want to experience the bad, the pain, the hurt, the heartaches....all of it...with you. Because together....I know we'll still be standing side by side when it's all said and done."

Locke pulled out the simple gold band from the waist line of his towel and held it so Kent could see. "Kent, will you marry me?"
Image Image Image Image

Fawkes
Junior Admin

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:51 am

Kent was admiring his handiwork in the hearth, wondering if he should add another log or not onto the fire when Locke said there was something more he wanted to say. The greenrider flashed him a broad smile and encouraged the man to continue when the wraithrider professed his love again. He never got tired of hearing it, knowing it was real after all these turns of chasing after this man through life. It was the tremble in Locke's voice thoug that gave him concern, his brows furrowing slightly and his eyes focusing on the dark haired man a little clearer and noticed the watery twinkle in his eye. The words, coupled with strong enough emotions to make the formidable wraithrider to tremble and cry, K'ten was already stunned into silence when he had the barest inkling where this was headed.

The more Locke spoke, about their love and his worth, wanting to stay by his side through trial and error, to endure through it all for the sake of each other, the clearer it became what the man's end game was and already the greenrider felt the tears prickling at the edges of his own eyes, his broad lips beginning to quiver. Was that was the beach was supposed to be for? The perfect little getaway, where Locke could surprise him with this? Kent loved him even more then, knowing what lengths he'd gone to, only to have it ruined and still find the pefect way to approach it. The redheaded man had been waiting for a moment like this, all his life he'd imagined something similiar and even when he was younger, it had been Locke by his side, though back then he'd never thought it was possible. But now, here they were, more than brothers and Locke was pouring his heart and soul out to him and Kent could feel his heart swelling a million times over.

The greenrider was puddy in his hands before Locke even pulled out the ring.

At the sight of the gold band, it was so simple and perfect, that Kent couldn't help the trickle of tears that began to fall, though his thoughts began to race. Locke wanted to marry him? He was thinking of weyrmate at best, but traditional marriage? The southern raised boy wanted to question it's validity, wondering if could they really get married, would it be allowed, wouldn't people disagree and find a way to stop it? They were fair questions...if they were still in Walled. But they were in Atricis, safe from that stigma, have been free to love another openly and no one has questioned it so far, why would they start now?

"Yes." It was the only answer.

"Yes Locke, you know I will." The greenrider stammered before he leaned in and seared those broad lips of his onto Locke's own, wrapping his right hand around to the back of his head, splaying into the curls and holding him tighter. He peppered a few more kisses to those sinful lips before he finally pulled back and used his hand to wipe away the stream of tears then, sniffling and smiling in pure joy. "You're an idiot though, you know that?" The redheaded man teased, chuckling softly in all the mixed emotions. "I wouldn't love you if you weren't worthy enough..." He leaned in to kiss him again, before pulling back to continue. "And, if you think that I'd ever fail you, you're sorely mistaken." The greenrider continued with another chuckle, and another kiss. "But I do like the sound of you spending the whole day to make me happy..." Kent added, smirking slightly and leaning forward even more to deepen the next kiss with Locke, taunting his lover with desirous kisses, only to break away again.

"I've watched you for so many turns, Locke, learned that I've loved you all along the way too, every moment of it. The proud moments or the more questionable ones, the strong moments and especially the weaker ones, the moments when we felt like were on top of the world to the ones when we felt lower than dirt. I wouldn't change a single one." The redheaded man said, reaching up to brush away a tear or two from Locke's cheek this time, though his lips remained in their tender broad smile. "They all led to here...this moment...so why would I want to?" Kent asked softly, leaning in a final time to press his lips tenderly against Locke's, once again answering his question with action instead of words this time though.