Well, excited AND scared. . . . Tag: Parker/Calivander

With the establishment of the Pearlriders and the Atrician Glint, a home along the coast for the Pearls and their riders needed to be made. Over time, the original beach camp was transformed from a series of tents into buildings and homes. While some of the Flotilla is being built, the primary areas such as Dining Hall, barracks for candidates, and other necessities have been completed. A series of docks with homes attached are still being built for future Pearlriders in hopes their numbers will grow, and each home is fitted with necessities as well as a personal boat that can be used for some water travel as well as living out of for relatively short periods of time.
Ainokesshou

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:10 pm

@Parker

Fuzzy timed: Summer 2048

Lacey wasn't sure where to turn. Maybe it had been a mistake to go along with Palint when he invited her. Scratch that, it had definitely been a mistake, and she should have realized that when he insisted she keep it a secret from her parents. But she had gone, and followed him around like a devoted flitt. Whatever he asked of her, she did, and he kept promising that when they got to land in the Southern Continent, they would marry.

But here she was, alone on the Southern Continent. She knew both of her brothers were on this continent as well, and when she suddenly desperately needed help, all she could think was that Soleius lived on the coast now, and she was on the coast. Surely, it would be easier to get there than to the Weyr?

And now she was here, at this 'flotilla place,' and she needed to find her brother. Without even knowing what he looked like, since it had been most of a decade since she had seen him. She was tired, and she knew she looked a mess, her hair filthy and straggly, and her skin burned from the sun. She didn't have much choice, though, so she approached the first person she saw, nervously.

"Excuse me," she asked the young man, "could you tell me where to find Soleius?"
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

@Ainokesshou

"Ain't this beautiful, Daiga? I wish to the goddesses that this place had been here before we left home all those turns ago, eh?" Calivander spoke to his large prized fancy gold as he gave her head a rub. Together they sat on a large piece of driftwood that had been fashioned into a bench for people to enjoy and look out over the ocean. They'd only been at the Flotilla for a few days now. This would not be their final destination, no, as he planned to head on to New Atricis. There was where they would settle for the rest of their lives. The thought still saddened him, but while they were here he had the comfort in knowing there was at least one more adventure to have.

Daiga chirped and rubbed against Calivander's thigh, though she was cautious to not knock about the journal that lay open on his lap. It was well worn and well loved and filled with all the places he'd been and seen. Well, at least the main ones that had really meant something to him. Right now, with Daiga's help, he was sketching a scene of a few adult pearls playing in the swallows with a few pups. Calivander relied on her to give him the details since by now all he could really see were blobs of color and movement. A few notations were made out to the side of what he'd learned about the pearls and the Flotilla so far.

"Excuse me," she asked the young man, "could you tell me where to find Soleius?"

Calivander turned to look where the voice had come from. His pencil he set down in the center of the journal. "Soleius? Umm..." He took a moment to try and remember if that was a name he'd been introduced to in the last few days. He didn't think it was, but that didn't mean that he couldn't find someone who did know of him to her. "I don't believe I do, but c'mon..." He put his charcoal stick away and stood up. "Let's see if we can find him for you." Cal wasn't the most social, but he was friendly and wanted to help.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Ainokesshou

Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 am

Lacey didn't notice the man's drawing, but it isn't clear whether she would have cared. All that mattered to her was that she would get help. It didn't even matter at this point whether that help came from one of her brothers, but. . .

He didn't recognize Soleius' name? Had she asked for the wrong brother. Was it the other one who had come to the coast seeking the sea dragons? The sailors had talked a good bit about those sea dragons but they made them sound like a child's story.

"If you don't know Soleius, do you know Caerus," she asked nervously. He hadn't commented on her appearance. Perhaps most of the women around the coast looked a mess. Lacey brushed some of her hair nervously back. "I know one of them is here. . ." she looked around in confusion. "At least, this is where the sea dragons are, isn't it?"

There were always young pearls - bonded or not - playing in the shallow waters, and Sol'vis spent most of his time working on projects nearby. But he paid attention to the conversation of the pearls as he worked. The conversation about a strange girl coming to the flotilla caught his attention before he dismissed it.

It couldn't possible involve him.
Last edited by Ainokesshou on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Parker

Tue May 14, 2019 6:59 pm

"If you don't know Soleius, do you know Caerus,"

Calivander silently asked Daiga to direct him to the nearest other soul in the area to find so he could help this woman find Soleius. She found one so he began to lead her in that direction. "Hm? Oh, no...I don't know a Caerus either. Sorry, I've only been here a few days myself, so I don't really know anyone. Don't worry though...we'll find one of them I'm sure." He said with confidence. The reason he didn't comment on her appearance was simple enough. Everyone basically looked the same to him...that is blurry.

"I know one of them is here. . .At least, this is where the sea dragons are, isn't it?"

"Yes, the pearls. This place is known as the Flotilla. As I said, we'll find one of them. My name's Calivander, by the way." He stated and introduced himself. They got to the person Daiga had pointed them to and asked about a Soleius or a Caerus. They didn't know a Caerus, but said that they were pretty sure that Soleius was one of the pearlriders. They were pointed in another direction and headed there.

It took talking to three other people before they were given a solid answer of where to find Soleius...er well...Sol'vis. With Daiga's eyes, Calivander with the girl by his side finally walked up to they thought was who they were looking for. "Excuse me. Sorry to bother you but are you Soleius or Sol'vis?" He asked politely.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ainokesshou

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Lacey was starting to wonder if they would ever find her brother, and she kept trying to cling physically to her guide before pulling back. She just felt so desperate, and she knew that she shouldn't trust a stranger, but at this point, wasn't Soleius a stranger to her too?

Would he turn her in? It wasn't her fault, not really. She hadn't meant for it to happen, at least.

Maybe he would send her back to their parents. . . that was probably for the best, but the idea upset her anyway, and she felt a little steel come back into her spine as she imagined how she would argue against it.
Sol'vis raised a hand to shield his eyes from the sun. He thought he recognized the man as a traveler who had been staying at the flotilla for a while, but the girl? He tried to figure out if, under the sunburned skin, straggly hair, he might have seen her before. She did look somewhat familiar.

He didn't know why she was looking for him. Some might think the obvious answer was an accusation of paternity, but Sol'vis had actually always been careful about that. Despite a large number of past partners, he had never done anything potentially reproductive. Made him smarter than his own biological father, at least, he thought. Unless, of course, the man WANTED to have half of Pern claim him as an ancestor.

Still, if that was why she was looking for him, he was absolutely certain she was lying, and he would not take time away from Ramlahvas for a lie. He nodded at the man asking his name, "Sol'vis, but you two have the advantage of me," he said, giving the bedraggled woman another confused look.

She let out sort of a sob, and flung herself at him. She clung, babbling incoherently about someone who was dead, and how it wasn't her fault and she didn't want to go home. Who WAS she?
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Parker

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm

"Sol'vis, but you two have the advantage of me,"

A wide smile split on Calivander's lips with happiness at finding the right person. "Wonderful, it's a pleasure to meet you Sol'vis," He said as he held a hand out to the pearlrider in greeting. It was always easier for him to be the one to offer a hand and then the other person take it. That way it wasn't up to him to have to see exactly where the offered hand was at. "My name is Calivander. I'm just a visitor here, but this girl...er whoa..." Cal began but was caught off guard by the girl's next action.

She flung herself at the pearlrider and began to sob and speak, though it was hard for him to make out what she was trying to say. "Um...sorry. Apparently, she knows you. She was at least asking for you by name. Um...you or a Caerus, I believe that was the other name she mentioned. I'm not quite sure who she is or why she's here though." Calivander explained to the man as he reached a hand out to pat the girl's shoulder sympathetically.

"Hey, sweetie...what are you talking about? What isn't your fault? I'm sure it isn't...but you need to tell us about it." Cal said in a caring voice.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage