Let me help you really means....; Tag: Altreis/Kela'vis

With the establishment of the Pearlriders and the Atrician Glint, a home along the coast for the Pearls and their riders needed to be made. Over time, the original beach camp was transformed from a series of tents into buildings and homes. While some of the Flotilla is being built, the primary areas such as Dining Hall, barracks for candidates, and other necessities have been completed. A series of docks with homes attached are still being built for future Pearlriders in hopes their numbers will grow, and each home is fitted with necessities as well as a personal boat that can be used for some water travel as well as living out of for relatively short periods of time.
Ainokesshou

Sun May 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Why would Elan'vis be mad at Kela'vis about this? "I'm not mad at you," he said aloud, confused. "I'm just a little upset that you would put so little value on your own time that you don't mind if what you made gets damaged. And I won't be mad at myself as long as I don't damage your drawings." He shook his head. He didn't really know how he had upset the other man, but he could probably get past it. Maybe now wasn't the best time to suggest he draw Yanna, though, since he had turned it into a sensitive topic somehow.

"I suppose it's possible that a trained harper's drawings might be more realistic," though Elan'vis hadn't been lucky enough to see any such drawings, "but if you know who you're drawing, won't it turn out better? And maybe they'd be more comfortable posing for you." Then he shook his head. Changing the subject would be a good idea, and he could revisit the subject of Kela'vis drawing people later, when he wasn't wondering who he might LIKE to have pose for him.

"We should definitely reward ourselves by swimming when we finish cleaning," Elan'vis said, returning to the previous subject. It was nice to swim just for fun, and until bonding to Panlovis, he hadn't done that since before his parents' death. Maybe a nice private cove - just the two (or four) of them? Or maybe that was a bad idea. Kela'vis had never shown any interest in him, so Elan'vis should probably assume that he was only interested in women. It was just that so far, Kela'vis hadn't shown any interest in women either, so Elan'vis was confused and couldn't figure out whether he should give up.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Altreis

Wed May 30, 2018 12:10 am

This conversation seemed to be going in circles, confusing Kela'vis just as much as it seemed to be confusing Elan'vis. "I...well I might mind if it was a lot of damage, but more sad than angry. I'd be worse if it was done deliberately...but accidents happen. I know that. I've had plenty myself. How can I be cross with someone else over something they were not trying to do?"

Kela'vis opted to listen as his friend continued, again wondering just what Elan'vis was getting at. Unfortunately the other pearlrider didn't elaborate. Models, posing, realistic drawings? But Elan'vis focused on Kela'vis' suggestion that they go for a swim with their pearls after the cleaning was done.

Unsure of what to say or do, Kela'vis quietly left to tidy up the kitchen area. The work was partly a cover though, something to do to give him space to think over what had been said and done. Elan'vis, for some reason, seemed to place more value on sketches Kela'vis did for fun than he did himself. He also did not like that Kela'vis placed less value on said sketches. Didn't value his own time...no, that wasn't so. Kela'vis definitely found plenty of value in his time-but time came and went. He could only live in the present and once he was done sketching, the sketch had given him pretty much all the fulfillment it could. If he tried to keep every single sketch his place would be papered solid by now. As it was he had several of his favorites tacked up where he could fit them. The flotilla would take some time yet to finish but Kela'vis found some spots. It made no sense that he should be upset if some he did purely for fun were smudged a little in the process of picking them up. What was he missing?

Kela'vis was shaking his head as he rejoined Elan'vis. "I can't figure it out," he admitted quietly. "I made those sketches for fun, and I had fun doing them...what else is there? Why is it so bad if they are accidentally smudged? And why does it bother you so much?" The look he turned on Elan'vis was pleading. He couldn't figure this out...he needed help, was silently begging for help with understanding the situation.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ainokesshou

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Somehow, Elan'vis had messed up and managed to upset Kela'vis. He thought back over everything he had said. Was he ruining Kela'vis' fun by being too serious? "I'm not upset AT you," he said finally. "I just think that everything that you decide to spend time on is valuable." He didn't JUST mean that as applying to Kela'vis' time. When he had been perpetually exhausted, every moment had been about earning and saving marks. Now that he had more freedom (and how odd was it that he had felt almost as trapped in his labor as if he'd been tattooed himself? He hadn't seen a way out until the pearls were discovered), he valued everything he spent time on that wasn't strictly necessary.

"And if something is accidentally damaged...." he hesitated. "If I damaged something even though I was trying my best not to, after checking how to be careful, and just failed at preventing it, that's an accident. If I just don't bother to be careful, then even though I didn't do it on purpose, is that really still an accident? At least it would mean that I didn't value the time you spent on them. And even if you don't look at them that way, other people should respect the value of your time." I certainly do, he thought, but didn't say, feeling frustrated that he couldn't explain it further.
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Altreis

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Relief swept through Kela'vis when Elan'vis answered his desperate plea. Kela'vis only wanted to understand. He tried, he really did, he had thought hard about it, but he could not figure it out. He needed Elan'vis' help with this one.

And as Elan'vis elaborated...Kela'vis knew he'd made the right decision. There was no way he would have ever arrived at such a conclusion on his own. On this, he and Elan'vis differed greatly in their thinking. Armed with the knowledge he was being given, Kela'vis could definitely sympathize but he would never have seen it alone. Such things just did not occur to him. Or...maybe it did but in a different way. Could he manage to explain that? Probably not, but he was going to try.

"I think I see," the young man murmured. "Though I still disagree about the value you place in those sketches. Yes what I do with my time is precious but for me I get the most out of them during the time I create them. After that they are nice to have around but hardly irreplaceable. What truly cannot be replaced is the time I spent on them and the joy they brought me at that time."

He gave his friend a kind smile then. "By the way, I am not asking for you to not take care, only that you don't stress too much over it. I appreciate the effort, I do, but I also care about your happiness. I don't want to see you upsetting yourself over some pieces of paper I doodled on. Does that make sense?"
Ainokesshou

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:46 pm

So Kela'vis valued the time spent making a sketch more than the final product? In the sense that he was actually having fun making them. Elan'vis had spent too many turns refusing to think about what he enjoyed, but there was something really appealing about doing something just because you liked it, without concern for the consequences.

Like spending time with his friend - it made him happy at the time, but when he wasn't around Kela'vis, he worried that he was making a fool of himself, or pressuring the other man, or not making his feelings obvious enough. Though he suspected that last one wasn't really a problem. Elan'vis didn't think he was particularly good at being subtle.

When Kela'vis said that about caring about his happiness, Elan'vis was glad that his skin was dark enough that blushes didn't show up as obviously as on some people. There was still probably a hint of pink though, and he nodded. "I won't get very upset over your drawings," he promised, embarrassed, "at least not for your sake," he clarified, "Though I still think I'd be sad if anything happened to them, just because you made them."
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Altreis

Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Huh. Elan'vis was quite set on not being happy should something happen to the drawings. Nothing Kela'vis did or said would dissuade him from that.

Kela'vis shook his head with a soft chuckle. "You'll still be upset but I will just have to accept that. Can't expect you to turn around your natural feelings about things just for me. How rude and conceited would that be? 'Oh I'm so special you should change yourself because I don't like this part of you.' Yeah....not happening. So!"

Kela'vis actually skipped as he moved over to the door. "Shall we move on to the fun stuff and forget about the stacks of paper?" he asked with a bright grin.
Ainokesshou

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 am

If Elan'vis was feeling this awkward now, he didn't know how he would handle swimming with Kela'vis. He would manage somehow, though. He had to. "We can...move on to the fun stuff," he agreed meekly. He was not going to forget the stacks of paper, though, he still needed to ask if Kela'vis would draw Yanna. He could let it go for now, however, and focus on enjoying this time with his friend...

Was Kela'vis skipping?

It was a pointed reminder that Kela'vis didn't think of him as anything but a friend, and might not be ready to think of anyone that way. Sometimes, Elan'vis felt so guilty for being interested in someone who could seem so....young.

But they all had adult responsibilities. Kela'vis wasn't childish, he was just cheerful in a way that Elan'vis didn't think he had ever been, even when his parents were alive.

It would be nice if some of that positive attitude could rub off on him.
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Altreis

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:55 am

Yessss, fun stuff! The grin on Kela'vis' face was impossibly wide as he skipped out, waiting for Elan'vis to join him before closing the entrance to his home. "I'm glad because after that mess of a misunderstanding I owe you some fun. Oh and if you have an idea, speak up. I don't mind swapping activities if there's something else you'd rather be doing-even sitting quietly, time to yourself..."

Kela'vis trailed off at the end, his grin faltering as he remembered the pearls' words. "Er...if you want of course, that's the number one priority. I want you to have fun, to have a good time. I promise there is no pressure one way or the other, no hidden hints, only an honest desire to make this outing as good as possible for you." He smiled at Elan'vis kindly, the intention clear in his eyes. Kela'vis really wanted to make up for accidentally causing his friend such distress earlier. "Heck, we can take turns burying one another in the sand. Unless you're too old and moldy for it?" The last part was said as a tease, Kela'vis smirking.

Of course, in looking towards Elan'vis, he was not watching where he was going. Once second he was walking-the next he was in the sand with a muffled "Oomph!"
Ainokesshou

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Elan'vis smiled, wryly. "You don't owe me anything," he insisted, "we misunderstood each other, so surely we would owe each other, or not at all." Given the previous misunderstandings, though, he was quick to follow that up with, "I do want to spend time with you, though." And while Elan'vis could imagine that there were things that he would not want to do even for the sake of being with Kela'vis, he doubted that any of them would make his friend's list of 'fun stuff.'

Although, burying each other in the sand....sounded fun, it also might be a horrible tease. Elan'vis wouldn't object if that was what Kela'vis wanted, but...

The other pearlrider's fall caught him by surprise, and while Elan'vis wasn't exactly worried - sand was a fairly soft place to land - he hurried over, leaning down over Kela'vis. "I know you were talking about burying each other," he said lightly, "I didn't realize you wanted to start here."
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Altreis

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 pm

It was already a ridiculous situation. Kela'vis had been walking, talking to his friend, and pulling the classic move of not paying enough attention to his feet. He never should have tripped, should not have lost his balance, and he most certainly should not have faceplanted into the sand! It was a scene right out of a child's humor yarn-and Kela'vis had dove right into it.

Elan'vis then compounded the ridiculousness of the situation with his remark. Kela'vis tried not to laugh but couldn't hold it in, snorting and then coughing on sand. Well this was going...yeah.

"Caib phtine," he sputtered, waving a hand while trying to cough/spit out the sand he'd inhaled. "Kumsee bu' fine."